Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I hear you have spare Dire Thunders. You want to join the dark side Fire Emblem Heroes Torture Arena School and run a triple Dire Thunder defense team? You will be frustrating teaching players how good Dire Thunder is and that they need to submit to prepare for Reinhardts or any ranged cavalry units at all times.

No previous experience or heavy investment required, you just need three or more Dire Thunders.

Part of me wishes that if you had multiple of the same unit, they said their lines in unision.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I freaking got +Res, -Def BH Roy while trying to get another Brave Hero other than a duplicate BH Lyn. 38 HP, 32 Atk, 34 Spd, 23 Def, and 27 Res. Hmm, that seems familiar. Oh, right, +Spd, -Res Eliwood: 39 HP, 31 Atk, 33 Spd, 23 Def, and 29 Res. Considering that, out of the current sword cavaliers, only Eliwood has good resistance and while it would have been better that BH Roy was +Atk or +Spd, I'm kind of digging +Res, -Def. 23 base defense isn't that bad when Roy's fast and currently the fastest sword cavalier and +Res means he has good resistance for a sword cavalier when everyone else has < 22 resistance if they aren't Roy himself or Eliwood. That is to say, I already have Eldigan, Seth, Stahl, and Xander as high defense sword cavaliers and Cain who is in middle, so having another higher defense than resistance sword cavalier isn't that great to me as it would leave Eliwood as my only option and that might not be ideal for some modes like Arena and Squad Assault.

Also, I got a regular 4* Roy who is +Res, -Atk, the opposite of his father. Apparently that means 4 less attack when he's a 5*; he would have 26 base attack. This one is a disappointment compared to getting BH Roy and new summons: +Def, -HP 4* Mathilda, +HP, -Def 4* Nowi, and +Def, -HP Takumi. I kind of want to blame Takumi for breaking whatever summon rate I had, but at least he showed up and not another BH Lyn.

Edited by Kaden

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It could be as early as today.  I forget when we heard about the SS Banner, but I think we got several days notice for CYL.

Sacred World was revealed the day before it went live. Likewise, Alm's Army and Celica's Army were also only teased just 24 hours before they went up. We only got more advance notice for Brave Heroes due to the stream on Aug 27th. While they could throw us a curve-ball and tease the next banner tomorrow, I personally wouldn't bet on it. 

Just now, r_n said:

Part of me wishes that if you had multiple of the same unit, they said their lines in unision.

It's an ordinary day, and you're having fun playing through the Arena. While going for a full streak, you absentmindedly choose a match with an unassuming lead, perhaps an Alfonse or a Wrys. Suddenly, as you enter into combat, you hear a booming chorus of voices cry out:

"Magic is everything."

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

It's an ordinary day, and you're having fun playing through the Arena. While going for a full streak, you absentmindedly choose a match with an unassuming lead, perhaps an Alfonse or a Wrys. Suddenly, as you enter into combat, you hear a booming chorus of voices cry out:

"Magic is everything."

They should totally form a choir. Music to my ears.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

"Magic is everything."

*extremely olwen voice *Y O U S C U M

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

"Magic is everything."

My Titania welcomes them.

51 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

She will get a Staff.

You're not totally without a base here. Her first act of love she does for her Siggy is Silencing some Loptyr dude. (She also gives Ethlyn her sister-in-law the Light Brand- so Leif's signature weapon ultimately originated with his Aunt- a thought of note.)

30 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

"Magic is everything."

*Kishuna walks onto the field*

• Brave Heroes: (full) trailer 8/28, banner started 8/31 (3 days)
  • The Sacred World: trailer 8/13, banner started 8/15 (2 days)
  • Nohrian Summer: trailer 7/27, banner started 7/28 (1 day)
  • Alm's/Celica's Army: trailer 7/11, banner started 7/13 (2 days)
  • Ylissean Summer: trailer 6/29, banner started 6/30 (1 day)
  • Echoes of Mystery: trailer 6/13, banner started 6/14 (1 day)
  • Bridal Blessings: trailer 5/28, banner started 5/30 (2 days)
  • Rite of Shadows: trailer 5/12, banner started 5/13 (3 days)
  • World of Radiance: trailer 4/24, banner started 4/26 (2 days)
  • World of Shadows: trailer 4/12, banner started 4/14 (2 days)
  • Spring Festival: trailer 3/28, banner started 3/30 (2 days)
  • Blazing Shadows: trailer 3/14, banner started 3/14 (0 days) (?)
  • Sibling Bonds: trailer 2/26, banner started 2/27 (1 day)
  • Family Bonds: trailer 2/14, banner started 2/15 (1 day)

So either tomorrow or Thursday is very plausible. Could be today, but that looks unlikely.

Is there any user that Ogma isn't better than with a Wo Dao+? On one hand looking at my feathers climbing up to 40k again giving the LnD3/Wo Dao+ combo to Ogma is looking really really attractive.

On the other hand... 5 Res..... 5 Res...

With the new units I've been getting and that by around level 30 they can be work on 5 battles hard, I got around to leveling Klein and Mathilda and Nowi since their skill sets aren't expensive. Is this what Brave Bows on archers with high speed (and attack) and an attack boosting A-skill is like!? Is this what power feels like!? Why did fate prevent me from experiencing this until now!!?

Still would have been fine with if I had summoned a +Atk Gordin and +Atk Leon would definitely be good with Brave Bow even if he wouldn't be able to double more units like +Spd Klein.

Welp, that leaves BH Roy, Leon, Ogma, and Takumi as other units to level up. Also, a Hawkeye to replace the sacrificed one. BH Roy, Hawkeye, and Leon are probably going to be leveled up during the SP bonus since there's only 2 days left for the mini-TT and I might have Klein get everything and swap him with Takumi. Could use all of them, but another TT is coming up and with BH Roy, it's kind of weird since he'd kind of do what Eliwood is doing right now, but without bonus stats from being a bonus unit and it might not be a great idea to have both of them on the same team or swapping out Eliwood with him.

Edited by Kaden

38 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Res is like Spd. You either have all of it, or you might as well have none.

I say go for it. Do you like Ogma?

Ogma is pretty cool. That and with the Wo Dao+ and LnD combo he gets the best spread of literally any unit I have except for B!Cordelia and Ike (Who needs 2 phases.)

Most of the other units I want to promote for weapons are held back for one reason or another (No Odin to give S!Corrin Blarblade+, Matthew is a bad nature, waiting on other choices before giving +ATK Est a BL+, etc.)

55 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

This game is discouraging me. I have very little five star units that are good. And when I see other F2P players have more luck than me, it hurts.

A lot of my best units are GHB units.  My team of Titania, Ursula, Xander, Camus only has Titania who wasn't free and you could easily swap in CYLyn or Cecilia.

23 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Does anyone have a reliable Caeda they use? I just pulled an Atk+/Def- 4* one and I'm wondering how people use her. I guess the obvious would be some type of mage killer?

Give her iceberg/glacies and a killing edge/slaying edge.

My Caeda is +atk -HP and even then she's ... eh, not the best at killing things. Yours is -def, so you'll rage because she will be getting hit a lot harder than usual as well. But if you want to use her, give her iceberg or glacies since her resistance is massive and if you combine it with one of the CD-1 weapons, she should be doing some good damage.

Finally got around to do doing Squad Assaults 2 & 3. What an ordeal 2 was, lordy. I discovered my go-to Arthur is, perhaps, a bit unsuited for this because he is -attack. Bit of a problem when trying to follow some strats, though I repurposed some other units.

Incidentally it feels like following a number of strats are based on very specific  numbers. kind of makes it hard to sub in depending. But I make do, it's a nice appeal of the game

21 minutes ago, r_n said:

Finally got around to do doing Squad Assaults 2 & 3. What an ordeal 2 was, lordy. I discovered my go-to Arthur is, perhaps, a bit unsuited for this because he is -attack. Bit of a problem when trying to follow some strats, though I repurposed some other units.

Incidentally it feels like following a number of strats are based on very specific  numbers. kind of makes it hard to sub in depending. But I make do, it's a nice appeal of the game

I still haven't cleared Squad Assault 2 because of that first map. Looked up some guides on Youtube but I don't really have suitable substitutes for the role they need to perform so I'm just gonna hold off for now.