Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

...I just realised why the Black Knight is a TT reward. Could you imagine him as an Arena Bonus unit?

Sure, Brave Lyn is worse, but in the developer's mind...

Oh, yes, in my dreams. My Reinhardt would have a field day. BH!Lyn too.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

If anybody has got some bulky units at level 30-ish and has been too lazy to bring them up to level 40 until now, Camillas warriors map is perfect to finish the job. I had Gwendolyn and Sheena just standing around at the two choke points (near the starting area) and let the melee units suicide on them. 

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...I just realised why the Black Knight is a TT reward. Could you imagine him as an Arena Bonus unit?

Sure, Brave Lyn is worse, but in the developer's mind...

TT reward units haven't been arena bonus units in the past, if I remember correctly. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

TT reward units haven't been arena bonus units in the past, if I remember correctly. 

And that's exactly why he's a TT unit, and not a GHB unit. If the developers think he's anywhere near as bad as his reputation suggests, they wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Again, they haven't been watching their cavalries.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

And that's exactly why he's a TT unit, and not a GHB unit. If the developers think he's anywhere near as bad as his reputation suggests, they wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I can't think of a way where an armor unit could be more painful in arena than BH!Lyn or Reinhardt. Perhaps a support unit that could support them better than a dancer?

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You know what makes me baffled about Cavalry?

Their excuse about not giving a fuck about Cavalry, nevermind that Cavalry currently got the least interesting toys overall(BLyn is broken ok, but Oscar is just a stats stick. Compare this to Guidance/Steady Breath)

20% usage over all playerbase, especially if its locked to 4 Cavalry squad is actually a significant amount. 1/5 of the entire playerbase uses a specifically 4 Horse comp, now consider how much of the playerbase is hardcore enough to be aware about it.

IS specifically mentioning that is actually really dumb since its proves the point instead of otherwise

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I can't think of a way where an armor unit could be more painful in arena than BH!Lyn or Reinhardt. Perhaps a support unit that could support them better than a dancer?

The fact the playerbase was sleeping on Reinhardt saved us from his mandatory season. I'm talking about the Black Knight being scary in the dev's opinion. After all,

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You know what makes me baffled about Cavalry?

Their excuse about not giving a fuck about Cavalry, nevermind that Cavalry currently got the least interesting toys overall(BLyn is broken ok, but Oscar is just a stats stick. Compare this to Guidance/Steady Breath)

20% usage over all playerbase, if its locked to 4 Cavalry squad is actually a significant amount. 1/5 of the entire playerbase, now consider how much of the playerbase is hardcore enough to be aware about it.

IS specifically mentioning that is actually really dumb since its proves the point instead of otherwise

they clearly don't think their cavalry are as scary as they are.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The fact the playerbase was sleeping on Reinhardt saved us from his mandatory season. I'm talking about the Black Knight being scary in the dev's opinion. After all,

they clearly don't think their cavalry are as scary as they are.

I always thought IS is being listening to the players, perhaps they are aware of imbalances, but can't repair them too suddenly?

26 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The new godstrats is 5* +ATK Est. 90 ATK after every multiplier means BK's feeble 83 Physical Bulk would be blown away

After all, you can’t spell best without Est.

Edited by Vaximillian

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I always thought IS is being listening to the players, perhaps they are aware of imbalances, but can't repair them too suddenly?

The weird thing about gacha honestly - Development wise, its arguably better to make things broken on release instead of weak on release(in FEH this is notable imo by comparing Horse Emblem vs Flier Emblem: Their solution to make Flier Emblem work is literally to make them another Horse Emblem) since it gives an image of what works. In gacha games where nerfing is a hard factor and sales is a big deal, the moment they make broken things they can only make it more broken(obvious downside), catch up the other(hard because this is literally the main problem), or the other option is going stagnant(makes it boring)

The other solution is to make the power creeper irrelevant, and as seen at Brave Frontier's Laberd, its not a good thing

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The weird thing about gacha honestly - Development wise, its arguably better to make things broken on release instead of weak on release(in FEH this is notable imo by comparing Horse Emblem vs Flier Emblem: Their solution to make Flier Emblem work is literally to make them another Horse Emblem). In gacha games where nerfing is a hard factor and sales is a big deal, the moment they make broken things they can only make it more broken(obvious downside), catch up the other(hard because this is literally the main problem), or the other option is going stagnant(makes it boring)

The other solution is to make the power creeper irrelevant, and as seen at Brave Frontier's Laberd, its not a good thing

Since I've never played gatcha (or Fire Emblem in general) before FEH, I haven't got any experience on that matter. But I don't find FEH too unbalanced and with every update they address some of the unbalances. I would like some kind of anti-BH!Lyn seal, because you can build only so many specific counters. 

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

How about the best character without using the letters e, s or t? That takes out Camus, Tana and ol' Reiny.

Lyn.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Because she’s right behind him, flapping away on her pegasus, brave lance in hand.

Not like she can survive a vantage+Bonfire proc.

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Name is now retconned into Camuest

Also

Sable Knights

.... You got me there mate, you got me there.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Her name tag in the game says Lyn though, not Lyndis. But whatever.

I'll go with Nino then.

Pious Mage kek

@mampfoid FEH is actually much more balanced than the main series lol

Marth, Palla, Caeda, Ninian(concept wise, she's arguably one of the worst dancer in the series in practice), any Dancer with gimmick, FE5 Healer, FE6 Niime, Ryoma, Oscar(from what i heard since i have zero Tellius experience), and especially Seth and Seliph is all kinds of disgusting in their source game with Seliph being notable for sounding as disgusting on paper as he is on practice although a large part of it is Leif

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Pious Mage kek

Marth, Palla, Caeda, Ninian(concept wise, she's arguably one of the worst dancer in the series in practice), any Dancer with gimmick, FE5 Healer, FE6 Niime, Ryoma, Oscar(from what i heard since i have zero Tellius experience), and especially Seth and Seliph is all kinds of disgusting in their source game with Seliph being notable for sounding as disgusting on paper as he is on practice although a large part of it is Leif

You want a broken Tellius character, you pick Haar.

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Remind me why Ninian is bad for a dancer again?

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You want a broken Tellius character, you pick Haar.

True, although Jill is almost just as broken. Also, what Vax said.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Blueberry Saga Part Two Haar, you might add. Part One Haar is nothing groundbreaking or heavenrending.

He mentioned Palla without specifying Book 2 Mystery. I think I'm fine (though your way is slightly more educational).