Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Gima said:

...You might be confusing Nohr Prince with Nohr Noble. Nohr Prince is his base class on all routes. Nohr Noble is his promotion in Conquest and one of his promotions in Revelations. Nohr Noble is non-canon since class change in Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fates is non-canon. Nohr Prince is canon. (And, again, they likely do change classes, but since that is left up to player choice, we never actually know what their canon final class is.)

I'm not confusing anything. I rejected the notion that Corrin choosing a side would somehow be relevant for them not appearing on the banner together with the rest of the lords from the games 6-13. 

When you said "that isn't Corrin", I pointed out that they were in the game. I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Thane said:

I'm not confusing anything. I rejected the notion that Corrin choosing a side would somehow be relevant for them not appearing on the banner together with the rest of the lords from the games 6-13. 

When you said "that isn't Corrin", I pointed out that they were in the game. I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.

...No? I didn't say "that isn't Corrin", I was responding to you specifically talking about Corrin being in his base class and how you were disappointed that he didn't have "versions" that represented both countries. My point was that he was not in his base class because he was supposed to represent both countries, he was in his base class because that is his canon "class",  since class change is noncanon.

2 minutes ago, Gima said:

...You might be confusing Nohr Prince with Nohr Noble. Nohr Prince is his base class on all routes. Nohr Noble is his promotion in Conquest and one of his promotions in Revelations. Nohr Noble is non-canon since class change in Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fates is non-canon. Nohr Prince is canon. (And, again, they likely do change classes, but since that is left up to player choice, we never actually know what their canon final class is.)

Edit: My main point is that the Nohr Prince outfit is the one we see him in the trailer. Look again.

Well for me personally imo I view Nohr Noble as the canon class in Revelations not only due to the fact that Azura who is supposed to be Corrin's equivalent like the other siblings and that she wears white clothes which the Hoshido siblings have as their color. Then there is also...

Spoiler

The fact that Corrin is Robin's incarnation and as we knows they use swords and tomes too.

5 minutes ago, Gima said:

...No? I didn't say "that isn't Corrin", I was responding to you specifically talking about Corrin being in his base class and how you were disappointed that he didn't have "versions" that represented both countries. My point was that he was not in his base class because he was supposed to represent both countries, he was in his base class because that is his canon "class",  since class change is noncanon.

26 minutes ago, Gima said:

That's not Corrin. 

39 minutes ago, Thane said:

Corrin choosing a side is irrelevant; they're still in the game wearing their Nohr Prince/Princess class outfit. I would argue that it's either for weapon diversity or to represent both Hoshido and Nohr, but the thing is...a huge part of Corrin's role in the game is to represent both of those countries. Ah well, I'm probably hoping for too much if this is an indication of Corrin's impopularity.

20 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? Corrin is in the game, at least as the male version, wearing his Nohr Prince outfit. Look at the trailer linked above and go to 3.30.

What on earth are you talking about? 

I was never disappointed with Corrin not appearing on the banner, I was bloody happy over the idea that it was because Intelligent Systems had realized they messed up. I said them representing both countries, however, is a big part of their character. Then I said that they mght've went with Takumi and Camilla for weapon diversity and to represent both Hoshido and Nohr respectively.

Edited by Thane

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

What on earth are you talking about? 

I was never disappointed with Corrin not appearing on the banner, I was bloody happy over the idea that it was because Intelligent Systems had realized they messed up. I said them representing both countries, however, is a big part of their character.

...Great, you completely misinterpreted what I was saying. And it's completely my fault, because I wasn't clear enough! God damn it, I need rest...

(For the record, what I meant by that was "Corrin being in his base class is not the result of Corrin representing both countries, it's the result of class change not being canon." So sorry I didn't make that clear.)

Edited by Gima

1 minute ago, Gima said:

...Great, you completely misinterpreted what I was saying. And it's completely my fault, because I wasn't clear enough! God damn it, I need rest...

(For the record, what I meant by that was "Corrin being in his base class is not the result of Corrin representing both countries, it's the result of class change not being canon" So sorry I didn't make that clear.)

But why in the blazes did you start arguing about classes all of a sudden? I said Takumi and Camilla might've been chosen for weapon diversity and to represent Hoshido and Nohr respectively. I don't give a fig about Corrin's other classes, so I'm just surprised you started arguing with me about it.

Just now, Thane said:

But why in the blazes did you start arguing about classes all of a sudden? I said Takumi and Camilla might've been chosen for weapon diversity and to represent Hoshido and Nohr respectively. I don't give a fig about Corrin's other classes, so I'm just surprised you started arguing with me about it.

I wasn't trying to argue... I was trying to make a point, and somehow got into a debate. Again, it's completely my fault for not making things clearer.

Just now, Gima said:

I wasn't trying to argue... I was trying to make a point, and somehow got into a debate. Again, it's completely my fault for not making things clearer.

Yes but...why? I never said anything about the bloody thing you wanted to make a point of. If you for some reason want to make a point then by all means send me a PM in a non-confusing fashion, don't clog the thread.

Great to see the high level of discussion and debate going on in here lol. Yay semantics ~____~

6 hours ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Some videos where we can actually hear the voices of like Lyn and she sounds rather disappointing... maybe I'll get used to it.

Y'know I actually kinda like the voice itself? It's more or less what I envisioned for her, personally (I never thought she would have the deep-ass voice they gave her in Smash lol). The voice performance is what seems kind of lackluster to me, the VA doesn't seem to give much of a shit lol. Oh well. In a game with this many VAs I guess it's not that surprising that they'd be kinda lax on voice direction. Bigger fish to fry and whatnot. 

6 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Yes and no. Camilla isn't exactly the more popular character... Her design and personality even disgusted some people that refused to play Fates. And Takumi got meme'd a lot for his role in Conquest. The only similarity I see is that they both attack Corrin in Chapter 13. But yes, you're right, that's weird. Maybe because Corrin doesn't have a cannon side.

Let's not forget that Japanese view of the characters is probably more influential in determining who's in the marketing and whatnot; I don't think our western memes would have had much sway in this choice, but both characters are quite popular in the Nihon, as I recall-- Takumi is pretty well-liked there, and Camilla... well... it's Japan. Take that as you will. 

Whatever the case, it kind of makes sense to me to have them representing Conquest-- not only are they fairly popular in their own right, they also have unique classes/weapon usage compared to most lords or main characters throughout the series, arguably being the most 'important' archer and wyvern-riding characters. In the interest of more diverse class/weapon representation, it makes sense to me. 

22 minutes ago, Hardin said:

NCL posted a short trailer showcasing some of the Heroes in the game.

Oh, nice. Thanks for sharing.

Y'know, one thing I'm appreciating more and more about this game as I see it is the Magic animations. This video alone displays quite a diverse array of different spells, and for the limited graphics/animation it's pretty nice, I'm liking what I'm seeing (more so than the melee animations, like the myrmidon characters repeating the same sword stroke three times for a special move/crit lol). I think every character so far might have each used a different spell, if I'm not mistaken. That's pretty great TBH.

Edited by BANRYU

English version of what Hardin posted above. Overall, only thing of note that's different from it is that we see the names for some of the artists, and a strange line about "the Heroes who defy the world." Sounds like mindless babbling meant to sound deep or cool to me.

And is anyone getting a Granblue Fantasy vibe from the graphics? Cause I keep feeling like I saw something similar somewhere.

16 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

It's not the recharge rate that matters, it's more the number of maps you can play before waiting. Mobile games are about shorst and spaced sessions, so basically you play in the train to work, when you're following a boring lecture at the university, you've done with your work and wait, etc basically when you're bored outside of your home, so when you take the phone back, it's often reloaded.

It really depends!  I hope Nintendo takes a page from Square - if there's one thing they did right, it was make it so that you could either do bursts, or sit down for a day and grind away!

IN OTHER NEWS, this is a topic dedicated to Heroes, not your character/game debates.  Take those elsewhere.

EDIT: Trailer reactions:

- Ryoma: Wow, Senri Kita did an amazing job with the art!

- Tharja: Once again a victim of shitty writing

- Frederick: "Pick a god and pray" or GTFO

- Nino: Man, she got unlucky.  Didn't care for her voice or her new art.

- Azura: Her dress is weirdly fluffy

- Linde: A little frillier than I remember, but not bad at all

- Jeorge: N-no, I'm not drooling, why do you ask?

- Elise: I like this art better than her original one

- Lilina: Great voice, lame lines

Edited by eclipse

ce47063b3dade0e57f5c479f9b1a6c2e.png

Does anyone feel like translating Elise's Staff here :) I can totally not read Japanese!

*Edit

THAT'S HER NAME! Whoops!

**Edit Again

42d580e698881b1b8dba120390bd8aa4.png   31624faa4a3270ec5b0a9ce3e5a4d639.png
https://gyazo.com/31624faa4a3270ec5b0a9ce3e5a4d639
https://gyazo.com/42d580e698881b1b8dba120390bd8aa4

Could the answer to her staff be in here?

Edited by Elieson

@Elieson Dunno, dude. The art just has her usual Heal (?) Staff or whatever staff she has in her official art; but we've already seen from other characters (magic mainly) that attacking FX seem to be largely cosmetic. More likely, it can be attributed to staff-users in general, I think...? Probably some new/unfamiliar mechanic shenanigans going on here I'd guess.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

- Frederick: "Pick a god and pray" or GTFO

100% agree tbh, I dunno how they could let such a great line slide haha... 

Yeah, I noticed Lyn using Sol Katti in most of her appearances; didn't, however, see her with the steel (?) sword before, good catch. It's probably tied to the weapon upgrade thing we saw with Lonqu, where the final upgrade is their signature weapon or otherwise one they're associated with the most. 

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Yeah, I noticed Lyn using Sol Katti in most of her appearances; didn't, however, see her with the steel (?) sword before, good catch. It's probably tied to the weapon upgrade thing we saw with Lonqu, where the final upgrade is their signature weapon or otherwise one they're associated with the most. 

250ff090abf434beebb512563cc81281.png

6e7f65b0400ef3b0f423c88b658ea6b7.png

We get Takumi too. There's Lon'Qu differences, but they're tougher to tell.

I like this little add-in, personally~

Edited by Elieson

I'm not sure if anyone already asked this, please forgive me if they did! Does anyone know what the little hearts are for? When you tap on a character and they play a voiced line, little heart bubbles appear.  I noticed that in the trailer certain characters in the lineup have little hearts next to them.  Is it to denote favorite characters or something? 

7 hours ago, RedRob said:

English version of what Hardin posted above. Overall, only thing of note that's different from it is that we see the names for some of the artists, and a strange line about "the Heroes who defy the world." Sounds like mindless babbling meant to sound deep or cool to me.

And is anyone getting a Granblue Fantasy vibe from the graphics? Cause I keep feeling like I saw something similar somewhere.

MATT MERCER! I shouted like a little girl.

Oh and Julie Ann Taylor too! Nice to hear her again, even if her voice never really changed. It's again very similar to Flora and Cordelia.

WAIT! Did I see Elise killing with a Staff ?! What Magic is this ?!

However I find the voice acting a bit disappointing overall in this video. Even Mercer and Sheh sound different to their original voice clips. That remix of Together We Ride is amazing though. I already noticed it in the Direct, but the longer version is so good! 

EDIT: Nino's voice is very fitting though.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Nice trailers there, voice acting seems pretty good for all characters. Staves apparently being able to attack is nice. Now please make Moulder a massive tank please.

And nice catch on the changing equipped weapons, it's a neat touch

5 hours ago, RedRob said:

Can't really say I do? Didn't spot any artists who have worked on Granblue (though I'm not terribly familiar with artists in general). Also these poses are far better than a lot of that Granblue has

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

- Jeorge: N-no, I'm not drooling, why do you ask?

Just wondering where this lake came from

3 hours ago, mewyeon said:

I'm not sure if anyone already asked this, please forgive me if they did! Does anyone know what the little hearts are for? When you tap on a character and they play a voiced line, little heart bubbles appear.  I noticed that in the trailer certain characters in the lineup have little hearts next to them.  Is it to denote favorite characters or something? 

Yes, it's very likely (I'd say 99%) that you get the hearts on a unit if you've favorited them. :)

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Just wondering where this lake came from

Thanks for finding it, I'm very thirsty.

2 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

MATT MERCER! I shouted like a little girl.

You're not the only one, I'm just glad my windows were shut... I was so sad I didn't get to hear more of him as Cor in Final Fantasy XV, but this is a welcome addition :3.

Edited by Birdy

6 minutes ago, Birdy said:

You're not the only one, I'm just glad my windows were shut... I was so sad I didn't get to hear more of him as core in Final Fantasy XV, but this is a welcome addition :3.

Glad I was alone at the moment :D:. I love this guy, he made such great performances in Fire Emblem, but also in other games.

7 hours ago, Elieson said:

8a5cc79dbf13d3cf39e259e891c81ae5.png

053c18008c689614b9a4fe4ac0393645.png

0dbd7f28662fdded91a55d4985c0c724.png

Did anyone else notice the unique weapons attached to sprites in battle, and on the map?

Yes, Corrin has Yato as well. Battle sprites change depending on the weapon you equip. Really neat. Also, awesome trailer! Tharja looks much better, still sexy!

10 hours ago, RedRob said:

I'm overall satisfied with the voice acting, especially Jeorge's and Linde's. However, when Lilina says "A magic is whitin!" she feels a bit off, tough It may be just an impression of mine

Also, I'm a bit annoyed that they went with Lyn as the "icon" from FE7 instead of Eliwood even tough I understand the reason behind it.