Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Yes, Corrin has Yato as well. Battle sprites change depending on the weapon you equip. Really neat. Also, awesome trailer! Tharja looks much better, still sexy!

I don't like the art they went with for Tharja personally x0 IDK what it is exactly, something about the face I think, too round, maybe... but... I dunno man... I feel like they didn't quite get across some of her goth/dour charm... Might just be the artist's style I guess...? -___- S'too bad I thought all the other art was really good so far but that one...? Mehh...

EDIT: Okay, I think I pinpointed what I don't particularly like. Side-by-side comparison helps.

Spoiler

149796.png.png

The proportions of her face are off. In Kozaki's design she has kind of a long face (forgive the pun lol) with narrower eyes and a longer nose, while ZIS kind of gives her babyface syndrome. Not my thang personally. 

Well, art is subjective. ~____~

Edited by BANRYU
artistic appraisal

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

YAY FREDDY <3

But eclipse is right, where is "Pick a god and pray!"? Come on, that's one of the greatest lines EVER.

Also, wtf, Light Mage is given to Linde and not Micaiah? I honestly expected to see Micaiah there when I saw that. And I thought Linde used fire magic anyway, since that seems to be what she's using in her DS official art.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

YAY FREDDY <3

But eclipse is right, where is "Pick a god and pray!"? Come on, that's one of the greatest lines EVER.

Also, wtf, Light Mage is given to Linde and not Micaiah? I honestly expected to see Micaiah there when I saw that. And I thought Linde used fire magic anyway, since that seems to be what she's using in her DS official art.

c4850a446c.png

Miccy has always been the "Silver-Haired Maiden". I expect that if/when MIccy gets built into the game, she'll have this as her title. Also, Linde's canonical Aura tome is considered Light Magic.

Edited by Elieson

YAY FREDDY <3

So, Micaiah is "Light Mage"... And not "Silver-Haired Maiden"? Or, as is apparently the case in Fire Emblem Cipher, "Dawn Priestess"?

Meanwhile, Linde's title in her ending in New Mystery of the Emblem is "Light Sage"...

Micaiah's class is Light Mage. It's not her title.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by Gima

Just now, Gima said:

So, Micaiah is "Light Mage"... And not "Silver-Haired Maiden"? Or, as is apparently the case in Fire Emblem Cipher, "Dawn Priestess"?

Meanwhile, Linde's title in her ending in New Mystery of the Emblem is "Light Sage"...

Micaiah's class is Light Mage. It's not her title.

I'm just saying that Light Mage even as just a title makes more sense for Micaiah than it does Linde. Linde's class isn't Light Mage while Micaiah's actually is. And I don't know what the Cipher game does for the characters.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm just saying that Light Mage even as just a title makes more sense for Micaiah than it does Linde. Linde's class isn't Light Mage while Micaiah's actually is. And I don't know what the Cipher game does for the characters.

It does make more sense for Micaiah, but it's quite possible that Linde had been called "Light Mage" before Micaiah or the class even existed. (Light Magic was introduced in Genealogy of the Holy War. Linde predates both Genealogy of the Holy War and Radiant Dawn.)

Just now, Gima said:

It does make more sense for Micaiah, but it's quite possible that Linde had been called "Light Mage" before Micaiah or the class even existed. (Light Magic was introduced in Genealogy of the Holy War. Linde predates both Genealogy of the Holy War and Radiant Dawn.)

Well, I suppose so.

But if Micaiah gets "Silver-Haired Maiden" Ike needs to get his "Radiant Hero." :P

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

2f35d4cea6.png  1ee9134a5a.png  

In FE11/12, the item's official description is even:

“Light magic for women (Linde can use at level E)”

Linde's games didn't really include different types of Mages, since basic mages could use Thunder, Wind, Light, and Fire (Fire being the most accessible, E-rank tome that there is).

*Edit

If Ike isn't the Radiant Hero...would he have any other title? Hero of Blue Flames or something?

Edited by Elieson

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

2f35d4cea6.png  1ee9134a5a.png  

In FE11/12, the item's official description is even:

“Light magic for women (Linde can use at level E)”

Linde's games didn't really include different types of Mages, since basic mages could use Thunder, Wind, Light, and Fire (Fire being the most accessible, E-rank tome that there is).

Well, this I could've never known, truth be told, since I'm not very familiar with Marth's games.

Wait, why is she called "Linda" in that other screenshot? I thought Linda was a different character.

Edited by Anacybele

Wait, why is she called "Linda" in that other screenshot? I thought Linda was a different character.

Localization & Translation stuff is all. Same person, different name because Fanslation.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, this I could've never known, truth be told, since I'm not very familiar with Marth's games.

They have the exact same name after all. (There's an event in FE4 where's Linda see a npc named Jake who says he heard the name "Linda" before)

So are all the characters that could be voted for built into the game, or are there going to be some released later type of thing? For example I voted for Nolan, Aran, and Leonardo, are they in game because I could vote for them, or was the voting for them to get into the game?

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

So are all the characters that could be voted for built into the game, or are there going to be some released later type of thing? For example I voted for Nolan, Aran, and Leonardo, are they in game because I could vote for them, or was the voting for them to get into the game?

No, the voting is just to decide which male and female character get special outfits and which ten characters get wallpapers, not who gets in the game. Those who aren't in the game at release will likely get in later.

No, the voting is just to decide which male and female character get special outfits and which ten characters get wallpapers, not who gets in the game. Those who aren't in the game at release will likely get in later.

Okay cool, I hope that is the case. The Dawn Brigade had some of my favorite characters in FE, so I would like to be able to use them here.

12 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I doubt all characters are in the game, and minor characters - especially from earlier, non-localized games I imagine - probably run a much greater risk of not being included. However, if Leonardo for some reason had won, they would've put him in the game, yes.

The top 10 ranked male and female characters will be featured in calendar wallpapers released every month via Twitter, so that's one more reason to vote for them. 

In addition, I'm fairly certain Intelligent Systems will look quite extensively at all the data they collect. For instance, Lyn being number one is, without a doubt, a huge surprise for them and I'm sure we'll see more of her in the future now that she's in the lead in a poll like this. I'm also voting for Arvis to show my desire for a remake/port of Genealogy of the Holy War to the West.

Edited by Thane

Yeah, and Ike being as high as he is probably increases the chances of his games being re-released! They ARE still pretty much impossible to get!

Maybe we'll see Path of Radiance on Virtual Console for NX, and Radiant Dawn will be released on Nintendo eShop for Wii U!

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and Ike being as high as he is probably increases the chances of his games being re-released! They ARE still pretty much impossible to get!

There's no way Intelligent Systems don't know that, though I'm sure they're hesitant to port anything that sold so poorly. Of course, if the characters of the Tellius series do well, then who knows, they might feel more inclined to port it to the Switch. I know I'd support that, and Nintendo are keen to push the Fire Emblem hype hard now.

6 minutes ago, Gima said:

Maybe we'll see Path of Radiance on Virtual Console for NX, and Radiant Dawn will be released on Nintendo eShop for Wii U!

I doubt that's how it will go. The Wii U is dead. The Switch should get both. The Switch isn't called the NX anymore, btw. xP

And I understand being hesitant because of poor sales, but seriously, neither game could possibly sell that bad now that FE is more known, more loved, and Ike just may be the most popular FE character. Also, throwing in a casual mode would probably help.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Gima said:

I doubt that's how it will go. The Wii U is dead. The Switch should get both. The Switch isn't called the NX anymore, btw. xP

Considering that the Valencia Complete edition bundle pack includes a DVD with HD Tellius Cutscenes...it leads me to believe that they're preparing to re-release the games eventually.

Just now, Elieson said:

Considering that the Valencia Complete edition bundle pack includes a DVD with HD Tellius Cutscenes...it leads me to believe that they're preparing to re-release the games eventually.

Omigosh, that is so cool! I wish we could get that stuff here...

I think they'll start with the FE released exclusively in Japan before Tellius who are rather recent. That being said, the Switch is a home console too, so there are chances to see them on it while the older one are released on the 3DS and its successor. But before that, they'll probably want to release all the SNES and GBA games.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

5 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I think they'll start with the FE released exclusively in Japan before Tellius who are rather recent. That being said, the Switch is a home console too, so there are chances to see them. But before that, they'll probably want to release all the SNES and GBA games.

PoR is nearly 12 years old and RD is almost nine. They're not THAT recent. And there's reason enough to at least put them on VC. They don't necessarily have to be totally remade. Even though that'd be awesome since they would then be able to possibly make some improvements to both.

Edited by Anacybele

PoR is nearly 12 years old and RD is almost nine. They're not THAT recent. And there's reason enough to at least put them on VC. They don't necessarily have to be totally remade. Even though that'd be awesome since they would then be able to possibly make some improvements to both.

Genealogy is 20 years old. They're still fairly recent in the series, they were the last "big" FEs before Awakening. They were completely in 3D also, so they're still rather nice, especially on emulators.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt