• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Dude, that's the trailer we've just been talking about...

18 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, it certainly gives off a sense of finesse to him which combined with the fancy-looking armor and details on his clothes, REALLY makes him stand out from his son. I hope Ninian made it into the game as well and maybe being able to use her dragon form for attacks like Fae. 

@Harvey: Well, that design and body type are closer to how he really looked in FE6. Smash 4's version looked like he was on steroids. It was basically a shota head on a tweaked Ike body. 

I really have no idea how Ninian or other non-attacking characters will work... And yeah, I guess that might be a reason I like this Eliwood voice, it makes him stand out a bit.

Yeah,except in that art above, Roy looks freaking 10, not 15. This is a big reason I'm not interested in FE6, a lot of the characters are children or look like children 13 or younger. I don't think an army should have that many characters who are so young. I thought Roy in Smash Wii U/3DS actually did look 15-16.

Edited by Anacybele

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I really have no idea how Ninian or other non-attacking characters will work... And yeah, I guess that might be a reason I like this Eliwood voice, it makes him stand out a bit.

Yeah,except in that art above, Roy looks freaking 10, not 15. This is a big reason I'm not interested in FE6, a lot of the characters are children or look like children 13 or younger. I don't think an army should have that many characters who are so young. I thought Roy in Smash Wii U/3DS actually did look 15-16.

The only really young human characters in FE6 are Roy (15), Wolt (15), Lugh and Raigh (13), Chad, Lilina (15), Shanna, Clarine, Sue, Fir, Lalum, and Wendy.  Maybe Oiger. FE6's human cast, meanwhile, is around 60 or so characters ranging from quite young (Lugh and Raigh) to near ancient (Niime).

FE6 is a lot more age diverse than the 3DS games are tbh.  Basically everyone in them is teenage to 20 something, to make them attractive.  

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Ninian could have her dancing gimmick as well as manakete abilities to turn into an ice dragon and freeze enemies with a blizzard  or a powerful ice beam. As for Roy, he was always baby-faced which gave off the shota appearance while Eliwood is more of a bishounen since he's older and noticeably taller. Smash 4's Roy's main problem was that his body looked too big and muscular for his small, shota-ish head. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

46 minutes ago, Ycine said:

I'm okay with that Eliwood. His face looks plain but hell, he looks dandy with all this ornments.

And Durandal looks quite stylish. 

But the thing I don't get...is that Lyn looks fine and if she's fine, then why is a different artist tasked to draw Eliwood? He looks nothing like before.....

Look, I'm sorry if this sounds like trolling....but looking at the new art designs is making it really difficult to accept for what it is. Is this suppose to advertise Echoes basically?

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

But the thing I don't get...is that Lyn looks fine and if she's fine, then why is a different artist tasked to draw Eliwood? He looks nothing like before.....

Look, I'm sorry if this sounds like trolling....but looking at the new art designs is making it really difficult to accept for what it is. Is this suppose to advertise Echoes basically?

I highly doubt it's an Echoes advertisement right now, we've yet to see anyone from Gaiden.

as for the design, it's really just artistic interpretation, it's fine to dislike Eliwood's new design, but there's no reason the artist can't draw him in fancier getup.  Regarding there being multiple artists, think of it more like Cipher in this regard.

3 minutes ago, unique said:

is ursula the only character who says one of their actual lines

Subaki's skill/crit quote is his same as In-Game.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I highly doubt it's an Echoes advertisement right now, we've yet to see anyone from Gaiden.

as for the design, it's really just artistic interpretation, it's fine to dislike Eliwood's new design, but there's no reason the artist can't draw him in fancier getup.  Regarding there being multiple artists, think of it more like Cipher in this regard.

The way you're saying it sounds like you are encouraging this sort of thing that Chiper clearly isn't. Every card in the cipher series has clear quality and it look amazingly good that it makes this game's art wish it was based on the cipher one.

Some say that eventually, there may be different character designs for the same character....and I hope that comes true just so people can be satisfied with what they have.

49 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

The only really young human characters in FE6 are Roy (15), Wolt (15), Lugh and Raigh (13), Chad, Lilina (15), Shanna, Clarine, Sue, Fir, Lalum, and Wendy.  Maybe Oiger. FE6's human cast, meanwhile, is around 60 or so characters ranging from quite young (Lugh and Raigh) to near ancient (Niime).

FE6 is a lot more age diverse than the 3DS games are tbh.  Basically everyone in them is teenage to 20 something, to make them attractive.  

Age diversity isn't the issue. And you still named a lot of children and far more than other FE games have. Tellius has only Tormod, Mist, Rolf, and Sothe, less than half as many children as FE6. Awakening has even fewer, only Lissa, Donnel, and Ricken. Not really sure if Nowi and Nah should be counted, but even if they were, it's still fewer than FE6 and manaketes are a little different from humans anyway.

Teenage to 20+ isn't just to make them attractive, that's really narrowminded. Those ages are more realistic for soldiers. What army ever has as many kids as FE6's? Kids aren't really supposed to be fighting wars, they're kids. Mist even makes a point of this in PoR to Rolf, which is why I can give them a pass there. They're also older in RD anyway. And I can tolerate two or three kids per game because even though they shouldn't be fighting in wars, circumstances force them to. Maybe they force the FE6 kids too, but THAT many still feels unrealistic and silly. It's just my opinion, and you won't change it.

Do we have a list of all units that have been seen in-game so far?

Also, according to this, there will be one global server, and it will be possible to change the language of the text but not of the voices:

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-heroes-will-have-one-global-server-option-to-change-text-language-but-not-voice-language/

Glad to know this, my phone isn't in English for practical reasons since it's not my mother tongue. 

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Age diversity isn't the issue. And you still named a lot of children and far more than other FE games have. Tellius has only Tormod, Mist, Rolf, and Sothe, less than half as many children as FE6. Awakening has even fewer, only Lissa, Donnel, and Ricken. Not really sure if Nowi and Nah should be counted, but even if they were, it's still fewer than FE6 and manaketes are a little different from humans anyway.

Teenage to 20+ isn't just to make them attractive, that's really narrowminded. Those ages are more realistic for soldiers. What army ever has as many kids as FE6's? Kids aren't really supposed to be fighting wars, they're kids. Mist even makes a point of this in PoR to Rolf, which is why I can give them a pass there. They're also older in RD anyway. And I can tolerate two or three kids per game because even though they shouldn't be fighting in wars, circumstances force them to. Maybe they force the FE6 kids too, but THAT many still feels unrealistic and silly. It's just my opinion, and you won't change it.

I agree with you that it's really ridiculous and I really appreciate that PoR or rather the Tellius games in general make a point of it (DB is also called out on it by villager lady with Edward being like the youngest at 15 which is the same age as Rolf in RD). Rolf and Mist are two children characters who I think were really well done and I just think it's a shame that the former is so overshadowed by Shinon just because some view him as just another Gordin/Wolt or just because you gotta train him to get up with the rest of the units despite it not being that darn difficult given Bexp and it's not like he's Nino in a very late game. I gotta say I think he's the most well developed child soldier in the series and even then in RD a game where many characters don't get character development partly due to no supports I gotta praise how well done the situation with his mother was handled because what is going through his mind is probably confusion at his mother suddenly appearing and now wanting him and wondering why she wasn't there from the beginning, fear at his life with the Greil Mercenaries who he has considered family and the only family he has ever known, but with this sudden appearance bringing possible change to the life he has known thus far and finally sadness of what could have been had he decided to go with his mother and finally knowing who his mother was after all these years without one he should have had, but didn't. 

Here's what I wrote in reply to someone who said there was plenty of child soldiers who shoulder their grief because if they don't there friends will die.

"The only other case I see that in as far as the games that actually came outside of Japan have been Rolf and Ricken with his support with Henry. The thing is while Ewan with his support with Tethy's has the wanting to protect his own loved one it isn't like how Rolf and Ricken where they have the understanding that when they take life they're killing people who are just like them who had goals in life, dreams to fulfill and perhaps had someone precious to them waiting home. It has more of a shades of gray and even further maturity to it and I'm sure any other child goes through that to, however it's not mentioned." 

If it isn't obvious I prefer Rolf over Shinon when it comes to character development, it takes a lot more than character flaws while appreciated to make me have a high opinion of a character, but they need to be settled and the flaws of Shinon vs Takumi I would end up choosing the latter because the former's problems such as Laguz bigotry isn't settled and I disliked the red herring as it were in his support with Janaff which doesn't go anywhere sadly enough.

2 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Also, according to this, there will be one global server, and it will be possible to change the language of the text but not of the voices:

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-heroes-will-have-one-global-server-option-to-change-text-language-but-not-voice-language/

Glad to know this, my phone isn't in English for practical reasons since it's not my mother tongue. 

That's pretty cool, though I bet there are people disappointed they can't switch to Japanese voices with English text. I know I would like to toggle that option from time to time.

My heart goes out to the folks who have english phones and want Japanese audio... It's not an issue for me personally, but I know a lot of people prefer the JP voices so condolences, folks =3=

Edited by BANRYU

5 hours ago, BANRYU said:

I didn't really question them too much before, but the character titles are starting to stand out to me as like... not super fitting now lol. Like Paragon Knight for Xander...? You mean the crown prince of the morally-dubious dark knight kingdom....?? o___0 I dunno about 'Paragon'... 'Perfect Expert' for Subaki... just kinda... lacks impact to me? 'Loving Priestess'... I mean, maybe they were weird before and I didn't notice? Well with as many characters as they have I guess direct translations that don't have as much impact or loss of ideas is bound to happen lol...

Hide contents

Paragon Knight and Loving Priestess are the titles of the Epilogues of Xander and Sakura if  they are not married.

Anyway, I'm satisfied overall with this trailer:

Eliwood in the new artwork, aside from the wird face, is pretty cool and Yuri does a decent at making him sound "aggressive"(tough i think It doesn't that much Eliwood being "agressive")

Fae looks cute.

Xander didn't initially give this impression, but the more i listen to him, the more I can say that It's the same VA from Fates.

Catria's VA fits the character quite well, tough i feel she maybe a bit too much relaxed when she says " Here I go"

Ben Diskin as jakob here sounds much more aggressive than in Fates. And I'm totally fine with that.

I don't know what to think about Ursula's artwork: her eyes are just so...weird. They feel off, for some reason

Edited by The Malign Knight

9 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

My heart goes out to the folks who have english phones and want Japanese audio... It's not an issue for me personally, but I know a lot of people prefer the JP voices so condolences, folks =3=

Someone had suggested that it's possible.

"Sounds like good news if that means Android users can download the jp apk and change the language of the text."

7 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

Paragon Knight and Loving Priestess are the titles of the Epilogues of Xander and Sakura if  they are not married.

Oh poop I can't believe. I should really research this shit before I open my mouth sometimes -facepalm- (I guess to be fair I never finished the game without them being married....?? But yeah that makes sense... prob the case for Subaki too lol...)

EDIT: @AbsoluteZer0Nova Ahh that's not so bad then!

Edited by BANRYU

Nintendo's a bit conservative on JP voice acting now. There will sure be people disappointed, even if they can put their phone in JP and change the language of the text.

That doesn't bother me personally, I generally prefer English voice acting (with one exception), and after listening both, I find the English one better, even if some are a bit disappointing.

Don't know why, the first thing that came to my mind with "Paragon Knight" was Geoffrey since he joins with this skill.