Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Zeo In the case of Karla. It’s not so much that her stats are spectacular (make no mistake they sure are) or even her base kit but rather Vassal’s Blade +7 damage against anything that has less than 10 spd compared to her (which is easily achievable against the majority of the cast with her base spd stat) plus a cooldown effect is pretty broken. In fact, it’s the sole reason she can outdamage Ayra even though she lacks a prf special like Regnal Astra. Lon’qu or any other similar unit would likely see a huge jump in the tier list if they had a weapon like that.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Lon’qu or any other similar unit would likely see a huge jump in the tier list if they had a weapon like that.

This exactly. Fir jumped 5 tiers (from B to S-) on Gamepedia with the addition of Nameless Blade (reworking of the tier list puts her only one tier lower since then at A+ now).

If Lon'qu had access to a weapon as powerful as Vassal's Blade or Nameless Blade, he'd easily be at least A+ (since his stat distribution is very similar to Karel's).

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It hasn't appeared yet but it's probably an artifact of the dancer banner being moved from October (it started Sept 29 technically) to August. There's a large window of time in which it could happen so it's hard to guess when it'd happen. Fully possible there could be a dancer vs dancer VG too.

It's also possible Hoshidan Summer is just its own thing. We could still get something in the PA banner's previous time slot this year. It doesn't necessarily have to be another PA theme either, but it would still make sense for them to rerun the PA banner during that time slot anyway.

@ZeoThat's an interesting comparison on the stats. I'll agree with Ice though, that her excellent prf really widens the gap between them beyond just stats. They really need to give him a good prf some day.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

We already have one for Wrath (13: Trigger Wrath), which involves a bit more strategy with its use than Bushido.

We also already have one with Wo Dao (12: Vantage & Flashing Blade).

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Forever triggered by the fact that I have one Lon'qu to my name

I've summoned over 20+ Lon'Qu's. I've honestly sent some home before when I thought I wouldn't really need Vantage fodder. I still don't, but it's always nice to have on hand I've learned.

Well, with the newest “Brave” banner comes a new age of powercreep. The developers have no excuse anymore to give refines to DC weapons such as Siegfried and Gradivus. Death Blow 4 opens the window for the rest of the “Blow” skills to get their tier 4 versions as well as stuff like Swift Sparrow 3 in the future. Same with Quick Riposte 4 and new seals in the form of Distant Counter and Close Counter. 

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I've summoned over 20+ Lon'Qu's. I've honestly sent some home before when I thought I wouldn't really need Vantage fodder. I still don't, but it's always nice to have on hand I've learned.

It's good to at least have useful fodder~ I have so many of certain units that I can barely do anything with >_>

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I wanted Heroes Amelia to be this:
Ba_fe08_amelia_recruit_lance_critical.gi

Her recruit sprite was adorable, even if its colourscheme didn’t match her talksprite’s.

Wow, I didn't know of this. It looks much cooler than that oversized armor. Is that an actual in-game animation? 

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Tybrosion @Alexmender @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alkaid @mampfoid @Ice Dragon @mcsilas @NegativeExponents- @Humanoid (Not a Matthew post despite the tag this time!)

It's pretty funny... I just wanted to bring something to attention... how... a unit's stats are held in such high regard but that stats aren't actually that difficult to achieve.

Absolutely right. That's the cool thing about this game, everyone can make his favorite work, even if it isn't as expensive "easy" as just pulling a +ATK/+SPD Karla/Ayra/Mia with their ready-to-go skills.

Funny thing: I'm nearly never using my OP red swords, all of them pity breakers: +ATK Mia, +ATK FH!Celica and +SPD Karla. 

M!Marth on the other hand regularly hits 9999 SP. 

So if the next banner is Genealogy of the Holy War Gen. 1 like people are speculating, what units might we see?

Personally, I'm kind of hoping for a slight theme surrounding Jamke and Edain in that whole Chapter 1 (or was it Prologue?) situation. Edain, Midayle, and Dew on the banner, Jamke as the GHB (obviously), and Sigurd as the Legendary.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

23 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's good to at least have useful fodder~ I have so many of certain units that I can barely do anything with >_>

Then there are those units just don't seem to exist. I've already pulled a Libra after he demoted but to this day. I have never. summoned. L'Arachel. Ever.

@mampfoid I'm so jealous of that Karla and Mia. Meanwhile blue mages flock to me. Reinhardt, Ishtar, Delthea, B!Caeda, LA!Lyn, Linde, F!Morgan, S!Corrin, Lute, Micaiah.. The only blue mage I wasn't able to summon was the one I was pulling specifically for: B!Ninian.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, I didn't know of this. It looks much cooler than that oversized armor. Is that an actual in-game animation? 

Yep. Her default class in Sacred Stones is Recruit- she's a complete novice of a soldier, able to use only Lances on foot.

She starts at a "Tier 0" in game where everyone else has only two tiers. Her base stats are trash as a result, but she has extra levels to grow which in practice don't actually make her any better than any other comparable unit. When she promotes to a standard Tier 1 class, it can either be Cavalier or Knight. Beating the game once with Eirika and another as Ephraim unlocks 1st and 2nd Tier versions of Recruit, and as a fully promoted Recruit, she is very uniquely the only Infantry non-Armor Lance in the entire game, and she gets +15 Crit too.

Her original SS artwork:

Spoiler

Amelia.png

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Then there are those units just don't seem to exist. I've already pulled a Libra after he demoted but to this day. I have never. summoned. L'Arachel. Ever.

Same, I haven't either~I've pulled 3 Ishtars, 3 Mias, but can't so much as pull a Lon'qu, SMH~

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm so jealous of that Karla and Mia.

What could you do with them which you can't with Ayra, Chrom or M!Marth or Lon'qu

Funnily I like fallen Celica most of the bunch, I'm considering to do a Celica emblem clear. Who will be the healer and keep their skills active?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Her original SS artwork:

Both animation and art are very different to what Heroes made of her. Thanks for the info! 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Both animation and art are very different to what Heroes made of her. Thanks for the info! 

Heroes is based on promoting her to General, which is the reason for the heavy armor and the axe with a chain on it.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Her Heroes art is actually pretty much identical to the GBA General's battle sprite, but scaled down to fit her and without the helmet.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What could you do with them which you can't with Ayra, Chrom or M!Marth or Lon'qu

Funnily I like fallen Celica most of the bunch, I'm considering to do a Celica emblem clear. Who will be the healer and keep their skills active?

In Karla's case her skills and weapon are unique which give her a differing playstyle and she's from FE7 and that's always a plus for me as that was my first game. Chrom is entirely an EP unit as I lack the resources to make a Sealed Falchion build. MM needs feathers I can't afford to give her and Lon'Qu is expensive to build right now.

In Mia's case, I have -ATK and -SPD copies of her respectively, so that's fun. I also have a +DEF/-ATK FH!Celica whom I've never used. She's basically Chill SPD fodder as I care nothing about her. It is funny though that all the Celica's rely on 100% HP to function. Never payed attention to that. Use Genny with Quickened Pulse Heavenly Light!

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

Heroes is based on promoting her to General, which is the reason for the heavy armor and the axe with a chain on it.

I mean, it's not even "just" heavy armor. It's the actual armor that the General class uses in its battle sprite (same colors as Amelia's sprite, even):

amelia_general_axe.gif

Just with her official art's skirt and long boots replacing the full leg armor and the front panel of the General's skirt moved to the back.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her Heroes art is actually pretty much identical to the GBA General's battle sprite, but scaled down to fit her and without the helmet.

I had to recheck her heroes art, I didn't remember she had legs there too. Somehow only the damaged art burnt itself into my mind with all it's strange ugliness

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

In Karla's case her skills and weapon are unique which give her a differing playstyle and she's from FE7 and that's always a plus for me as that was my first game. Chrom is entirely an EP unit as I lack the resources to make a Sealed Falchion build. MM needs feathers I can't afford to give her and Lon'Qu is expensive to build right now.

In Mia's case, I have -ATK and -SPD copies of her respectively, so that's fun. I also have a +DEF/-ATK FH!Celica whom I've never used. She's basically Chill SPD fodder as I care nothing about her. It is funny though that all the Celica's rely on 100% HP to function. Never payed attention to that. Use Genny with Quickened Pulse Heavenly Light!

I know Karlas skills are pretty unique, but how would she play different from Ayra? Both double most of the stuff and rely on their superior speed to deal even more damage. 

Yeah, Chrom was a bad example, but a unit you'll use a lot. Hey, I made Cherche double after all ... with Brave Axe. Why not Chrom? :-p

Too bad about Mias nature, but what's up with Celica? I like how they added a bunch of (fallen) heroes that differed from the usual patterns. 

I'll make Alm the healer and let him watch how double lion works.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I know Karlas skills are pretty unique, but how would she play different from Ayra? Both double most of the stuff and rely on their superior speed to deal even more damage. 

Yeah, Chrom was a bad example, but a unit you'll use a lot. Hey, I made Cherche double after all ... with Brave Axe. Why not Chrom? :-p

Too bad about Mias nature, but what's up with Celica? I like how they added a bunch of (fallen) heroes that differed from the usual patterns. 

Ayra has a superior enemy phase but Karla's player phase is superior, at least based on my theories. That and the fact that having them both would mean I could put them on separate teams and you can never have enough FE7 themed teams. Chrom could double with the right set, trust me. +SPD superboon Chrom with Sealed Falchion, Fury/Swift Sparrow and the SPD+3 seal. Or of course. Brash+Desp if you like.

But Alm is probably still a better Double Lion user still because he has built in healing and can activate his skill multiple times without a dedicated healer.

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶u̶e̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶n̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶u̶n̶i̶s̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶

At least she hasn’t taken his p̶e̶n̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ Falchion from him so he’s still top-notch dragon slayer. That and in built renewal for what that’s worth.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Chrom could double with the right set, trust me. +SPD superboon Chrom with Sealed Falchion, Fury/Swift Sparrow and the SPD+3 seal. Or of course. Brash+Desp if you like.

Yeah I know, that sheer possibility is part of the fun. No need to invest in the opposite direction of his nature though. 

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

But Alm is probably still a better Double Lion user still because he has built in healing and can activate his skill multiple times without a dedicated healer.

In Heroes he got the same 100% HP precondition for the brave effect, but no special counter reduction. The healing helps, but Celica can kill more enemies before Alm even starts to heal. 

8 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶u̶e̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶n̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶u̶n̶i̶s̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶

At least she hasn’t taken his p̶e̶n̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ Falchion from him so he’s still top-notch dragon slayer. That and in built renewal for what that’s worth.

If they weren't of the same color, I would build a team around them. Alm is still great and got a different job. 

Don't know anything about Valencia, who should be the healer? Faye? (don't have her)

23 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ayra has a superior enemy phase but Karla's player phase is superior, at least based on my theories. That and the fact that having them both would mean I could put them on separate teams and you can never have enough FE7 themed teams. Chrom could double with the right set, trust me. +SPD superboon Chrom with Sealed Falchion, Fury/Swift Sparrow and the SPD+3 seal. Or of course. Brash+Desp if you like.

I tell you what, a +10 merged HP boon Karel sporting 70 HP, Wrath and Vengeance outperforms both of them at some point :X.

@mampfoid Genny is in Celica’s army and you start out with her

@Zeo that reminds me, i technically have enough Lon’qus to +10 him. It would give me more barracks space but i just really like using units with their base stats as much as possible. Makes it more impressive if they clear things to me than supermerging them. Plus i guess my priority is getting characters to 5 stars than arena.

oh at least i fully built him now that i was free to fodder of my spare Sothes

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Don't know anything about Valencia, who should be the healer? Faye? (don't have her)

You mean like turn her into pseudo healer through Renewal+Ardent Sacrifice and maybe Breath of Life? I guess you could do that but if all you want is a Valentian healer Genny would probably better. She even comes from the same priory as Celica so is arguably a better friend of hers than Faye.

If Faye ever actually made it into Heroes in what is arguably her best class in SoV though and she received her Anew spell (basically the Dance/Sing of the game) then yeah she should be the healer.