Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Raudhr" is Old Norse for "red". "Blar" is Old Norse for "blue". "Gronn" is Old Norse for "green". "Litr" is Old Norse for "color". My own little shorthand.

Oh, I see. Heroes really likes its Norse stuff, doesn't it? The Nifl and Muspell characters have Norse names too.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay.

Okay, but your fliers probably take a lot of damage in return, don't they?

No, I keep them from getting hit by arrows. For example:

tumblr_pe6pj8F8GZ1rj8duz_540.png

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see. Heroes really likes its Norse stuff, doesn't it? The Nifl and Muspell characters have Norse names too.

Pretty much all of Heroes uses Norse mythology as its reference.

The names of Askr, Embla, the Askr trio's weapons, Nifl, Muspell, the Nifl and Muspell characters and weapons, Raudhr-, Blar-, Gronn-, Urdhr, Skuld, Thogn, and so on and so forth (because this list is getting too long) are all taken from Norse mythology. That's not counting all of the names from the other Fire Emblems (like all of the names of Magvel's legendary weapons and half of Jugdral's).

Pretty much every name with an eth (ð) in it or ending in a random "r" is from Norse mythology.

@Ice Dragon beat me to it lol. I was gonna say "colored one" too.

I haven't had much luck with FV!F!Robin the first time her GHB dropped, but I didn't have Flying Nino or Summer Camilla then. I might look into replacing Juicy Wave+ with Blarblade, particularly since Cammy already has Fury and Desperation (no Shannas, but I had a really crappy IV Horse Eirika lol). Would Flying Nino's Giga Excalibur be good enough to nuke those archers and pretty much every other blues?

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pretty much all of Heroes uses Norse mythology as its reference.

The names of Askr, Embla, the Askr trio's weapons, Nifl, Muspell, the Nifl and Muspell characters and weapons, Raudhr-, Blar-, Gronn-, Urdhr, Skuld, Thogn, and so on and so forth (because this list is getting too long) are all taken from Norse mythology. That's not counting all of the names from the other Fire Emblems (like all of the names of Magvel's legendary weapons and half of Jugdral's).

Pretty much every name with an eth (ð) in it or ending in a random "r" is from Norse mythology.

Oh yeah, you're right about that. Interesting.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

No, I keep them from getting hit by arrows. For example:

tumblr_pe6pj8F8GZ1rj8duz_540.png

How is the archer unable to counter though? Tana doesn't look like she's taken enough damage for Desperation. But I guess I could be wrong. Too bad I don't have a Summer Tana though.

6 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

beat me to it lol. I was gonna say "colored one" too.

I'm pretty sure I was the first person to use that prefix, after all.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How is the archer unable to counter though? Tana doesn't look like she's taken enough damage for Desperation. But I guess I could be wrong. Too bad I don't have a Summer Tana though.

The black part of the bar is about a third of the length of the entire bar, so Desperation is active.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just beat Grima Abyssal! Looks like switching to Tana/Corrin/Ninian/Azura was the right move. I have a new best team.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

She's at 23/35 HP from her two Fury attacks on the previous turn. Desperation turns on at 26/35.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The black part of the bar is about a third of the length of the entire bar, so Desperation is active.

Okay. I do have Desperation fodder since I seem to get Shanna an awful lot. My Summer Corrin might have plenty of SP to spare too, I recall having to use her a lot in a TT or something.

Just now, Othin said:

Just beat Grima Abyssal! Looks like switching to Tana/Corrin/Ninian/Azura was the right move. I have a new best team.

She's at 23/35 HP from her two Fury attacks on the previous turn. Desperation turns on at 26/35.

Nice job! I just wish I had NY Azura... Ugh. And I see. I don't have any of the other pieces of that team though, just Corrin. So I'm not sure who I'd bring in with her. My other fliers are as follows:

Legend Ryoma
Kinshi Hinoka
Regular Hinoka
Regular Elincia
Clair
Regular Tana
Witch Nowi
Palla
Gerome
Myrrh
Minerva (her IVs suck though, so I didn't finish building her up)
Michalis
Cordelia
Grima Female Robin (but she's -Spd and sucks)

Kinda hurts that I lack a green tome flier. And the problem is, Camilla and Nino are characters I don't care for much... If I ever pull PegaNino though, I'll definitely level her up.

56 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not even going to attempt abyssal unless someone posts a f2p guide for it. Too hard, and don't really need to get the gold accessories. TOO MUCH HP.

Not a guide but saw someone who managed to do it~

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/q-a/abyssal-doable-f2p-units

Tiki, you definitely deserve to wear the Golden Goggles obtained from the abyss. It's only fitting that you should be the one to take down Grima!

Xa3UH4W.jpg

Tiki then proceeds to tank pretty much everything else there, including the blue manakete, all in a valiant defense of Our Corner.

But whew that was insane. I haven't really attempted Abyssal Marth yet, but that one looks even harder. The Infernal mode for that battle was reasonably difficult, but the healer with the Panic Ploy on Abyssal complicates things. We'll see if I can muster anything to defeat him or not...

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay. I do have Desperation fodder since I seem to get Shanna an awful lot. My Summer Corrin might have plenty of SP to spare too, I recall having to use her a lot in a TT or something.

Nice job! I just wish I had NY Azura... Ugh. And I see. I don't have any of the other pieces of that team though, just Corrin. So I'm not sure who I'd bring in with her. My other fliers are as follows:

Legend Ryoma
Kinshi Hinoka
Regular Hinoka
Regular Elincia
Clair
Regular Tana
Witch Nowi
Palla
Gerome
Myrrh
Minerva (her IVs suck though, so I didn't finish building her up)
Michalis
Cordelia
Grima Female Robin (but she's -Spd and sucks)

Kinda hurts that I lack a green tome flier. And the problem is, Camilla and Nino are characters I don't care for much... If I ever pull PegaNino though, I'll definitely level her up.

Until NY Azura released, my big flier team was Elincia, Hinoka, Corrin, and Camilla, and they did a great job of getting me through Infernal challenges up to that point. With Blarblade Corrin, Raudhrblade Nowi, Hone Fliers Hinoka, and some green flier with Fortify Fliers, you could have a pretty similar team to my pre-dancer one. I don't think that'd get you through Abyssal maps just yet, but it could help a lot with other things that have been giving you trouble, and then if you get any flying dancers or green tome fliers in the future, you can add them to the team to further improve it.

Edited by Othin

32 minutes ago, Othin said:

Until NY Azura released, my big flier team was Elincia, Hinoka, Corrin, and Camilla, and they did a great job of getting me through Infernal challenges up to that point. With Blarblade Corrin, Raudhrblade Nowi, Hone Fliers Hinoka, and some green flier with Fortify Fliers, you could have a pretty similar team to my pre-dancer one. I don't think that'd get you through Abyssal maps just yet, but it could help a lot with other things that have been giving you trouble, and then if you get any flying dancers or green tome fliers in the future, you can add them to the team to further improve it.

Okay, but what CAN help me with abyssal maps then? These Marth and Grima Robin battles are only here for a about a week and who knows when they'll come back again.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, but what CAN help me with abyssal maps then? These Marth and Grima Robin battles are only here for a about a week and who knows when they'll come back again.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Abyssal maps are the hardest challenge we've gotten yet. I think a lot of people were caught off-guard and won't be able to come up with a solution in time for this round. If they keep rerunning one each month with Abyssal added, we'll finish getting Abyssal versions of all the maps so far in about four months, and if they haven't rerun old Abyssal maps by then, I'm sure there will be a lot of people clamoring for a second chance now that they're better prepared.

I'd say no more than six months before they return, but it could be a lot sooner. It could be that Grima is the one to get a rerun right now because her LHB was the first released, but it's also worth noting that she's the only legendary hero on the current banner to have a past LHB at all. The second LHB was Lyn's, but we presumably won't get hers rerun next month, because she won't be back until October. So if LHB reruns depend on the units being rerun rather than release order, perhaps each month, they'll rerun all LHBs associated with legendary heroes on the banner. That's a lot of reruns, especially for Grima.

If that's true, the LHB reruns over the next few months, where we know the schedule, should be:

• Hector and Grima in September
  • Lyn and Grima in October
  • Ryoma and Lucina in November
  • Marth and Grima in December

I can't be certain that they'll be back that soon, but it seems likely enough to me. And it fits their choice to pick now to start doing reruns, a month where Grima is the only one, to ease into it.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Honestly, I'm not sure. Abyssal maps are the hardest challenge we've gotten yet. I think a lot of people were caught off-guard and won't be able to come up with a solution in time for this round. If they keep rerunning one each month with Abyssal added, we'll finish getting Abyssal versions of all the maps so far in about four months, and if they haven't rerun old Abyssal maps by then, I'm sure there will be a lot of people clamoring for a second chance now that they're better prepared.

I'd say no more than six months before they return, but it could be a lot sooner. It could be that Grima is the one to get a rerun right now because her LHB was the first released, but it's also worth noting that she's the only legendary hero on the current banner to have a past LHB at all. The second LHB was Lyn's, but we presumably won't get hers rerun next month, because she won't be back until October. So if LHB reruns depend on the units being rerun rather than release order, perhaps each month, they'll rerun all LHBs associated with legendary heroes on the banner. That's a lot of reruns, especially for Grima.

If that's true, the LHB reruns over the next few months, where we know the schedule, should be:

• Hector and Grima in September
  • Lyn and Grima in October
  • Ryoma and Lucina in November
  • Marth and Grima in December

I can't be certain that they'll be back that soon, but it seems likely enough to me. And it fits their choice to pick now to start doing reruns, a month where Grima is the only one, to ease into it.

I see. So I guess a lot of people aren't really prepared for these yet? Still, that's a long time anyway. :( I kind of really want those gold goggles for Summer Freddy. He'd look so cool in them!

By the way, I did what was suggested earlier and did this with Summer Corrin.

uiFmv6n.png

Unfortunately, I seem to only be able to pull 3 star Hinatas and I really want to save the feathers I have left now. I'm really itching to make a +10 Kaze and after that, +10 male Morgan. xP I wish I could enhance that Flier Formation seal further too, but yeah.

I'm also completing my Kinshi Hinoka. All she needed was an assist and Flier Formation 3. Already gave her the former, now I'm working on the latter. I'd work more on regular Hinoka too, but I don't have enough dew to give her spear its refine yet...

Well, I managed to clear Abyssal Marth as well! Tiki sat this one out this time, in favor of a cavalry team. Reinhardt, WT Olwen, Camus, and Hoshidan Festival Micaiah emerged victorious, securing the Golden Seashell. Of those, only Reinhardt has any merges, and then it's only +4.

I think that's good for now, time to rest. My tactical muscles are tired after that.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. So I guess a lot of people aren't really prepared for these yet? Still, that's a long time anyway. :( I kind of really want those gold goggles for Summer Freddy. He'd look so cool in them!

By the way, I did what was suggested earlier and did this with Summer Corrin.

uiFmv6n.png

Unfortunately, I seem to only be able to pull 3 star Hinatas and I really want to save the feathers I have left now. I'm really itching to make a +10 Kaze and after that, +10 male Morgan. xP I wish I could enhance that Flier Formation seal further too, but yeah.

I'm also completing my Kinshi Hinoka. All she needed was an assist and Flier Formation 3. Already gave her the former, now I'm working on the latter. I'd work more on regular Hinoka too, but I don't have enough dew to give her spear its refine yet...

Yeah, I've seen a lot of concerns about Abyssal.

Congrats on getting your first blade flier! Biggest downside of Fury 2 rather than 3 is probably needing three battles to get into Desperation range rather than two. Try picking some teammates to boost her and see how she does on some Lunatic and Infernal maps.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of concerns about Abyssal.

Congrats on getting your first blade flier! Biggest downside of Fury 2 rather than 3 is probably needing three battles to get into Desperation range rather than two. Try picking some teammates to boost her and see how she does on some Lunatic and Infernal maps.

Sorry, this was all a waste. I keep trying, but I still can't win infernal. You gave me bad advice. Got any other ideas? And one that won't waste so many feathers? I can't upgrade anymore units to 5 star right now anyway.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Not a guide but saw someone who managed to do it~

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/q-a/abyssal-doable-f2p-units

Impressive, lol.

EDIT: @Astellius What was your strategy for Abyssal Marth, and was Hoshidan Micaiah integral to your strategy? I have green Olwen and Camus with no merges (Reinhardt doesn't have merges, though) so I want to see if I can use a variation of your strategy to see if I can make a clear.

Edited by Sunwoo

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Impressive, lol.

EDIT: @Astellius What was your strategy for Abyssal Marth, and was Hoshidan Micaiah integral to your strategy? I have green Olwen and Camus with no merges (Reinhardt doesn't have merges, though) so I want to see if I can use a variation of your strategy to see if I can make a clear.

I haven't written up a strategy, but I did post my builds in the Marth thread. Micaiah was pretty integral to my strategy, as I used her both to dance and to take care of the green mages that came from the right side of the map. Her Res is also quite high, so she could also help wall off the healer towards the end of my run.

Reinhardt's merges probably don't make that much of a difference, but, if they mattered, one could substitute Ally Support with Olwen instead.

Since I doubt I'll write up a formal strategy, I'll put the general idea for what I did here. For the opening, I had Reinhardt take out the knight, get danced, then get rid of the swordsman. Olwen repositioned him, and she would tank and counter-kill the bow cav.

For the second turn, I had my cavs clear out the reinforcements at the bottom, and Micaiah tanked and killed the green mage.

At this point, I maintained control of the bottom and left sides of the maps, and eliminated all reinforcements in those areas immediately. Olwen and Reinhardt mostly stuck together, since Reinhardt had Hone Cav.

Micaiah would later tank the Gronnwolf mage from behind the wall.

As stuff poured into the middle, I tried to snipe it the best I could, keeping my characters out of the range of everything but the cleric. The cleric was the last thing to go, since it didn't hit very hard. It was crucial to have a melee fighter in order to finish it off though.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Nice, that sounds useful, thanks! Unfortunately, I don't have Micaiah, and my two red dancers don't have distant counter, so I guess I can't replicate it quite yet ^^;

However, apparently PheonixMaster1 posted a f2p abyssal guide!

That said, it does seem his abyssal strategy uses Veronica. I'll have to see if any cav healer can replace her, or if it has to be Veronica.

Edited by Sunwoo

Thank goodness PM1 has a F2P guide for Abyssal, even though I’m not a F2P person lol. I otherwise wouldn’t have bothered with that stupid mode. Because Infernal wasn’t annoying enough.

I haven't attempted Abyssal yet, but don't see the point of using a guide for it.  I can understand if time is running out and you don't want to miss out on orbs for the lower difficulties, after all orbs are for many players the most important resource by far.  However this is just a special accessory, you can't summon more super heroes or promote other units or refine weapons or anything of use.  It is sort of a bragging right that you completed this deadly inhumane challenge, using a guide defeats the purpose.