Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm just always worried he'll also compete with Ayra--which granted, even if she's the next focus, and the scenario of not pulling her as a focus 5*, and she ends up having a 4* version (hopefully), will also be a bit away. She's also one of my top priority as my favorite character in all of FE. I only have 10k right now, though, and assuming I don't promote anyone to 4* for inheritance for the next few weeks--which I can hold off on unless I roll Hinata3 in which case I want Fury3 for Ryoma--it's still at least 3 weeks until I get to 20k proper, given I can get a guaranteed 4k a week but the 500 from defense is iffy.

I suppose best case scenario is that she doesn't show up for a while and that'll let me save up the orbs. Hopefully the next few focuses just don't have anyone I like.

Yeah it's def tempting, and I don't pull enough to make 4* 40+n Olivias---I did pull some 3*s, but I actually want to pass Hone Atk to people. Michalis is subbing in for Olivia next season since he's a flying reposition which works almost as well as her (and sometimes better, on bridge map and lava map) so I had him take Hone Atk 2 to really fill her role. Nino wants that buff.

By the time you get to 20k we should find out what the next focus set is, and maybe the one after that. If she's not in either of those it's probably safe to spend them, as I expect that's when the Echoes craze will start.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Heh me too. He might be my first 5 star period, if I don't find a unit worth the trouble.

I've now promoted NIno and Sharena.  I was actually going to promote Kagero, but I actually pulled a 5* version of her with a decent nature.  Other candidates for my next 5* include Effie, Anna, and Alphonse.

14 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm just always worried he'll also compete with Ayra--which granted, even if she's the next focus, and the scenario of not pulling her as a focus 5*, and she ends up having a 4* version (hopefully), will also be a bit away. She's also one of my top priority as my favorite character in all of FE. I only have 10k right now, though, and assuming I don't promote anyone to 4* for inheritance for the next few weeks--which I can hold off on unless I roll Hinata3 in which case I want Fury3 for Ryoma--it's still at least 3 weeks until I get to 20k proper, given I can get a guaranteed 4k a week but the 500 from defense is iffy.

I suppose best case scenario is that she doesn't show up for a while and that'll let me save up the orbs. Hopefully the next few focuses just don't have anyone I like.

Yeah it's def tempting, and I don't pull enough to make 4* 40+n Olivias---I did pull some 3*s, but I actually want to pass Hone Atk to people. Michalis is subbing in for Olivia next season since he's a flying reposition which works almost as well as her (and sometimes better, on bridge map and lava map) so I had him take Hone Atk 2 to really fill her role. Nino wants that buff.

Strangely enough, I had a flood of Olivias several weeks ago.  Right after I had promoted the 2* Olivia I got from the Hero Battle, I got 3-4 4* Olivias within a few Pulls of each other.  2 of the Olivias were in the same group of 5.  Too bad even a +10 4* character will cost a ton of Feathers to bump to 5*.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've now promoted NIno and Sharena.  I was actually going to promote Kagero, but I actually pulled a 5* version of her with a decent nature.  Other candidates for my next 5* include Effie, Anna, and Alphonse.

Strangely enough, I had a flood of Olivias several weeks ago.  Right after I had promoted the 2* Olivia I got from the Hero Battle, I got 3-4 4* Olivias within a few Pulls of each other.  2 of the Olivias were in the same group of 5.  Too bad even a +10 4* character will cost a ton of Feathers to bump to 5*.

Not much point bumping a +10 4* to 5*, to be honest. +10 gives 4 to all stats, whereas 4* to 5* gives 2-3 to all stats. The biggest difference before was the MT of the 5*'s weapon, but it's easy enough to just inherit one if you REALLY wanted that extra 4 MT or whatever.

13 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Not much point bumping a +10 4* to 5*, to be honest. +10 gives 4 to all stats, whereas 4* to 5* gives 2-3 to all stats. The biggest difference before was the MT of the 5*'s weapon, but it's easy enough to just inherit one if you REALLY wanted that extra 4 MT or whatever.

There are several units with personal weapons that they can only get at 5*, as well as the last tier skills for 5*.  With Skill inheritance, this isn't as big an issue, but something to still keep in mind.

I've been trying to focus my feathers on upgrading non-summonable units with ultimate weapons, since ultimate weapons are cool and that's more achievable than wanting to upgrade everyone. So I want to get Anna and Alfonse upgraded at some point, and it also means I should have enough feathers to upgrade some of the later GHB characters like Zephiel and Xander, especially if I don't pull focus characters so I'll have a 5* during their rotations. Xander could actually be particularly handy if his stats are good enough, since I want a sword unit with a distant counter effect to deal with Nino. (Maybe I can pull a Ryoma?)

Edited by Othin

58 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've been trying to focus my feathers on upgrading non-summonable units with ultimate weapons, since ultimate weapons are cool and that's more achievable than wanting to upgrade everyone. So I want to get Anna and Alfonse upgraded at some point, and it also means I should have enough feathers to upgrade some of the later GHB characters like Zephiel and Xander, especially if I don't pull focus characters so I'll have a 5* during their rotations. Xander could actually be particularly handy if his stats are good enough, since I want a sword unit with a distant counter effect to deal with Nino. (Maybe I can pull a Ryoma?)

Ryoma is a unit I'm still wanting to Pull, but short of him being a Focus, I've given up on seeing him anytime soon.  I wonder if Zephiel will be any good.  He's only really competing with Draug for best Sword Armor, so the bar's pretty low.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ryoma is a unit I'm still wanting to Pull, but short of him being a Focus, I've given up on seeing him anytime soon.  I wonder if Zephiel will be any good.  He's only really competing with Draug for best Sword Armor, so the bar's pretty low.

Someone actually datamined his stats and skills, and he has an atk of 48 and an absurd def of 41. He also has Wary Fighter. So basically Effie with lower atk but higher def. 

1 minute ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Someone actually datamined his stats and skills, and he has an atk of 48 and an absurd def of 41. He also has Wary Fighter. So basically Effie with lower atk but higher def. 

Is 48 including his Weapon (Ecksacks or however it's spelled I'm geussing)?  I'm guessing yes, but you never know power creep.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is 48 including his Weapon (Ecksacks or however it's spelled I'm geussing)?  I'm guessing yes, but you never know power creep.

Yes. He does come with Life and Death to boost his atk, but I think Death Blow is better as it doesn't lower his def and res. 

10 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Yes. He does come with Life and Death to boost his atk, but I think Death Blow is better as it doesn't lower his def and res. 

Yeah, the Speed boost would be a waste with Wary Fighter, although I might go with just straight +Atk, since armors tend to be enemy phase units.

26 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

That's absolutely ridiculous. What color is he?

Just now, Arcanite said:

Red

Hmm, well that's good. Makes it more balanced, although that does bring up some issues if your using a Nino based team, depending on what skills he's given through inheritance.

Datamining Xander is always not getting a consistent skillset. Last I saw it was armored blow and fortify def, is there another one?

Im giving him quick riposte either way though, 9-5 xander here i come

Also as a Nino player I ran the calcs for vs Xander, and Player Nino should be able to still take enemy Xander iff Desperation is up. If Xander got Vantage and has taken damage, then Nino's kinda fucked and you'd have to pick someone else.

Enemy Nino doesn't do things like that so Xander should be able to take her fine. She doesn't ever get high enough atk to onshot either him or Ryoma.

Edited by Thor Odinson

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Datamining Xander always not get a consistent skillset. Last I saw it was armored blow and fortify def, is there another one?

Im giving him quick riposte either way though, 9-5 xander here i come

i'm not sure if that one's real, but the wary fighter one is most likely fake since wary fighter is knight only

8 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

I'm more looking forward to Camus, but we're not gonna be getting him for a LONG while, it seems. 

Hm, looks like my cavalry team will be Camus, Xander, Ursula, Gunter except Ursula has blarblade

HEH HEH HEH

Edited by Arcanite

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hm, looks like my cavalry team will be Camus, Xander, Ursula, Gunter except Ursula has blarblade

HEH HEH HEH

Mine will be Camus, Xander, Gunter, and Reinhardt. If I'm ever fortunate enough to get Eldigan he can replace Gunter (I'll have him inherit Fortify Cavalry).

But man, it seems like we won't be getting Camus until at least June. 

11 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

nb78xo9xc6iy.jpg

I'm more looking forward to Camus, but we're not gonna be getting him for a LONG while, it seems. 

Isn't Camus right after Xander?

Hmm, a built-in Distant Counter is cool and all, but shouldn't Gradivus have a built-in Renewal 3 instead to reference its ability to be used to recover HP like in Shadow Dragon?

Just now, Kaden said:

Hmm, a built-in Distant Counter is cool and all, but shouldn't Gradivus have a built-in Renewal 3 instead to reference its ability to be used to recover HP like in Shadow Dragon?

In an ideal world it would. But don't forget that the original Gradivus was 1-2 range.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Don't worry, I'm sure Ryoma will be on the special Battling Xander banner when it's Xander's turn to be a Grand Hero Battle. Or at least he better be

Draug's actually pretty good, from what I've heard, though from what I've heard he needs quite a bit of skill inheritance to get there.
Zephiel, at base, has (from the data mine, so from here on everything about Zeph's gonna be in the spoiler, so if you don't wanna get spoiled, don't click it):

Spoiler

55 HP | 48 ATK | 16 SPD | 41 DEF | 24 RES
Weapon: Eckesachs (Built-in Threaten DEF 2)
Special Skill: Retribution > Reprisal
A Slot: Life And Death (With LoD3, has 53 ATK | 21 SPD | 36 DEF | 19 RES)
B Slot: Wary Fighter

Overall, I would say that Zephiel should end up better than base Draug, since he has Wary Fighter without having to inherit it from someone. I like Life and Death on this guy, it makes him much stronger (53 ATK! 53! And that's before you buff him up!) and his DEF is large enough to take the hit (his RES is more questionable, but hey, can't have it all). Reprisal should probably be replaced with Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang (should deal 26 or 42 extra damage when it procs... I would say Draconic Aura is the better choice out of these two, since Zephiel should be able to stay alive long enough to proc it at least once, but on the other hand I really like big damage so I'm partial to Dragon Fang... I don't think anything is surviving a Zephiel Dragon Fang without Triangle Adept 3 on a really-high-DEF Blue or something, and even if it's probably overkill most of the time) to deal more damage, unless you expect Zephiel to end up at low HP before he gets a proc off (in which case I would argue for replacing Reprisal with Retribution, so you get more damage). Wary Fighter is just amazing on slow units, and Zephiel... yeah.
For Inherit Skills, I would argue for giving Zephiel Pivot so he can get around easier, and Savage Blow so he can do AoE damage on top of his usual big damage.

Overall, Zephiel looks to be a bit better, since Wary Fighter should last until around 27-28 HP or so, during which time Zephiel will hit once and BRING DOWN IMMENSE PAIN (and then he pops Dragon Fang, leaving no survivors) while his opponents will have to chip away with one hit, probably preventing most things that aren't blue magic users from one-rounding him. Draug will probably be more defensively sound and faster, but that only gets you so far when Zephiel can murder anything he gets close enough to.
Of course, I could be completely wrong, and Draug's extra speed and defenses could give him a big enough edge to be better than Zeph... but I feel like Zeph's power advantage (Because it bears repeating, 53 ATK! 53! Pre-buffs! You can make that 59 with Hone Armor! 59! THAT'S 29 EXTRA DAMAGE ON EVERY DRACONIC AURA! DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY WHY THAT'S GOOD? OR 47 ON DRAGON FANG! CAN ANYTHING EVEN HOPE TO SURVIVE THAT?) and high HP (55! I don't think anyone can have higher HP than that without HP +5!) will pull through for him here.

Regarding Camus... No wonder we aren't getting him for a while. He looks genuinely amazing... And he'll look even better when I replace Grani's Shield with a different skill. Bunny Xander has some competition for lance user on my cavalry team... Not for a while, but still.

Also, I wonder how Grand Hero Battle Xander stack up to Spring Festival Bunny Xander.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Don't worry, I'm sure Ryoma will be on the special Battling Xander banner when it's Xander's turn to be a Grand Hero Battle. Or at least he better be

Draug's actually pretty good, from what I've heard, though from what I've heard he needs quite a bit of skill inheritance to get there.
Zephiel, at base, has (from the data mine, so from here on everything about Zeph's gonna be in the spoiler, so if you don't wanna get spoiled, don't click it):

Reveal hidden contents

55 HP | 48 ATK | 16 SPD | 41 DEF | 24 RES
Weapon: Eckesachs (Built-in Threaten DEF 2)
Special Skill: Retribution > Reprisal
A Slot: Life And Death (With LoD3, has 53 ATK | 21 SPD | 36 DEF | 19 RES)
B Slot: Wary Fighter

Overall, I would say that Zephiel should end up better than base Draug, since he has Wary Fighter without having to inherit it from someone. I like Life and Death on this guy, it makes him much stronger (53 ATK! 53! And that's before you buff him up!) and his DEF is large enough to take the hit (his RES is more questionable, but hey, can't have it all). Reprisal should probably be replaced with Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang (should deal 26 or 42 extra damage when it procs... I would say Draconic Aura is the better choice out of these two, since Zephiel should be able to stay alive long enough to proc it at least once, but on the other hand I really like big damage so I'm partial to Dragon Fang... I don't think anything is surviving a Zephiel Dragon Fang without Triangle Adept 3 on a really-high-DEF Blue or something, and even if it's probably overkill most of the time) to deal more damage, unless you expect Zephiel to end up at low HP before he gets a proc off (in which case I would argue for replacing Reprisal with Retribution, so you get more damage). Wary Fighter is just amazing on slow units, and Zephiel... yeah.
For Inherit Skills, I would argue for giving Zephiel Pivot so he can get around easier, and Savage Blow so he can do AoE damage on top of his usual big damage.

Overall, Zephiel looks to be a bit better, since Wary Fighter should last until around 27-28 HP or so, during which time Zephiel will hit once and BRING DOWN IMMENSE PAIN (and then he pops Dragon Fang, leaving no survivors) while his opponents will have to chip away with one hit, probably preventing most things that aren't blue magic users from one-rounding him. Draug will probably be more defensively sound and faster, but that only gets you so far when Zephiel can murder anything he gets close enough to.
Of course, I could be completely wrong, and Draug's extra speed and defenses could give him a big enough edge to be better than Zeph... but I feel like Zeph's power advantage (Because it bears repeating, 53 ATK! 53! Pre-buffs! You can make that 59 with Hone Armor! 59! THAT'S 29 EXTRA DAMAGE ON EVERY DRACONIC AURA! DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY WHY THAT'S GOOD? OR 47 ON DRAGON FANG! CAN ANYTHING EVEN HOPE TO SURVIVE THAT?) and high HP (55! I don't think anyone can have higher HP than that without HP +5!) will pull through for him here.

Regarding Camus... No wonder we aren't getting him for a while. He looks genuinely amazing... And he'll look even better when I replace Grani's Shield with a different skill. Bunny Xander has some competition for lance user on my cavalry team... Not for a while, but still.

Also, I wonder how Grand Hero Battle Xander stack up to Spring Festival Bunny Xander.

Makes me wonder if they'll drop Micaiah as a blue mage and have her be a great counter to Zephial. He'll certainly help keep Linde at the top.