Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 hours ago, Othin said:

Turns out the strategy I was thinking of was not that one, but I was able to figure it out and finish the map after a lot of trial and error.

That was an ordeal. I think the biggest problem is the hint being really bad and actively misleading, but a bit of actual direction makes it doable. Not easy by a long shot, but doable.

Honestly all they needed to say was that Lucina needed to use Future Vision every single turn and most people would've gotten it. (Very few 'bad' routes had her using it productively every turn.)

Edit: Well, the map still would've been terrible, but at least you'd know what to look for.

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

huh, interesting ninja update. I wonder if anyone else got the same treatment? That and it now resembles his Winter version's ready stance.

I think it was only for Ephraim. I checked all the units I have, so not everyone, but nobody looked like they had a different map ready stance. I figured Lucina would have been updated to have her weird hanging guard stance, but nope.

Saul is one of my favourite FE6 characters. Just liked the idea of priest hitting on every woman while his young chaperone Dorothy would scold him all the time for it and try to hold him to the standard of a man of the cloth.

I'd love to see that dynamic again in Heroes.

Edited by Vince777

And then this happened...

Her skirt reappears if she does any other animation besides stand at idle or during her map ready pose. I have no idea what the developers could have done that would lead to this.

Well, that happened. My first Hinoka is wearing a bath towel and according to her summoning dialogue, I interrupted her as she was bathing. Great first impressions. On the bright side, Hinoka is not actually a myth even if it took summoning a green version of her. Also, if Gamepress is right, she's +Spd, -Def. 12 base defense here we go!

Edited by Kaden

29 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And then this happened...

Her skirt reappears if she does any other animation besides stand at idle or during her map ready pose. I have no idea what the developers could have done that would lead to this.

It's still there, just behind her legs. You can see her legs clip in front and behind her skirt during some of her animations, and you can see the edges of it on the sides even when her legs are in front.

Well...I got HS!Sakura, but no Ryoma. This makes me sad. Instead of him, I got Ninian and Ophelia. *sigh* guess I'll have to wait for after the legendary banner to try again for him.

pulled a couple more times and am more annoyed. Got both Towelnoka and DaggerElise. Right when the thought "I'll be pissed if I get X" Back to orb farming, what little is left.

Edited by silverserpent

I remembered that we should be expecting one Hoshidan Summer unit on the next legendary banner. And then I remembered this.

https://scribbledabble.tumblr.com/post/142150185460/a-commission-for-a-friend-who-wanted-takumi-in-a

I'd originally commissioned this for the Fates Nohrian Festival DLC (the one that wasn't released outside of Japan), only because he was so close to getting one. And then I realized that it would also work very well for a Hoshidan Summer alt. Even if he's wearing a hanbok instead of a yukata.

5 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Hopefully it'll be a mix of orbs, grails, and accessories.

And I've been thinking. What I REALLY want IS to do...is give us a male mage flier. Every single mage flier we've had so far has been female, i think it's time we had a guy. 

We haven't had a non infantry male mage since Halloween Henry. 

We haven't had a male healer since Lucius.

They really hate giving guys magic ><

Shigure and Leo both would have been perfect male flying mages. I love the idea of a flying healer Subaki, too.

I keep hoping Saul is introduced for the FE6 banner, but I don't think he's popular enough. He's someone I would vote for on CYL but Kent is getting all my votes until he gets into this game...

I don't know if it was already discussed here, but...

*SPOILER FROM THE DATAMINE*

Spoiler

The TT+ bonus units are the five Hot Springs units, Xander, Leo and Takumi. Since Xander is a GHB unit, we will have a 2 Heroes banner, featuring Leo and Takumi. This can be a great opportunity for the players who want Close Counter.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

We haven't had a non infantry male mage since Halloween Henry. 

We haven't had a male healer since Lucius.

They really hate giving guys magic ><

Shigure and Leo both would have been perfect male flying mages. I love the idea of a flying healer Subaki, too.

I keep hoping Saul is introduced for the FE6 banner, but I don't think he's popular enough. He's someone I would vote for on CYL but Kent is getting all my votes until he gets into this game...

I never finished FE6, it's still on a burned cartridge somewhere in my room. But I enjoyed Saul and Dorothy's interactions from what little I'd seen. It's partially why I enjoyed pairing Sully/Virion so often i  Awakening, even if I think Virion/Olivia was much more adorable and fitting for Inigo.

16 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I never finished FE6, it's still on a burned cartridge somewhere in my room. But I enjoyed Saul and Dorothy's interactions from what little I'd seen. It's partially why I enjoyed pairing Sully/Virion so often i  Awakening, even if I think Virion/Olivia was much more adorable and fitting for Inigo.

I like a fair few characters from FE6, but only Cecilia, Fae and Klein are in the game. The rest are meh to me. Makes me worry about the upcoming banner. So many I want in, so few spots before another royal alt banner (I may be exaggerating but... I'm depressed at how it can actually be possible).

I always like the idea of Chom being Inigo's dad so I tend to go for that pairing. From what I recall, I enjoyed most of Virion's supports :)

10 hours ago, silverserpent said:

you forget no cavalry refreshers as well. They're just fliers and walkers. Either way, Navarre is now complete. I think limiting myself to using my Boys has significantly increased my tactical ability. I'm definitely having more fun now that I'm focusing on my favorites rather than trying catch 'em all. In which...here's hoping HotSpring Ryoma comes home. And maybe Sakura for Hoshido Royal Air as my next theme team, if I'm lucky.

Yeah, that wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list, just some examples with armors in particular.

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Honestly all they needed to say was that Lucina needed to use Future Vision every single turn and most people would've gotten it. (Very few 'bad' routes had her using it productively every turn.)

Edit: Well, the map still would've been terrible, but at least you'd know what to look for.

I think most of my bad routes did use it every turn. My biggest issue was the beginning: the Turn 1 strategy you pointed out to me wasn't one I was even close to considering, and then even once I was getting Hawkeye's special charged, I kept wasting it.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I remembered that we should be expecting one Hoshidan Summer unit on the next legendary banner. And then I remembered this.

https://scribbledabble.tumblr.com/post/142150185460/a-commission-for-a-friend-who-wanted-takumi-in-a

I'd originally commissioned this for the Fates Nohrian Festival DLC (the one that wasn't released outside of Japan), only because he was so close to getting one. And then I realized that it would also work very well for a Hoshidan Summer alt. Even if he's wearing a hanbok instead of a yukata.

Could be one, could be multiple. And yeah, that looks like a good fit.

28 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You meant Armored Male Mage, right?

As far as I can tell, the only other non-infantry male males are Leo and Reinhardt, both of whom were released much earlier.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't know if it was already discussed here, but...

*SPOILER FROM THE DATAMINE*

Reveal hidden contents

The TT+ bonus units are the five Hot Springs units, Xander, Leo and Takumi. Since Xander is a GHB unit, we will have a 2 Heroes banner, featuring Leo and Takumi. This can be a great opportunity for the players who want Close Counter.

Interesting. Leo isn't especially powerful, but I've wanted him for a while, maybe that'll be a good chance.

9 hours ago, silverserpent said:

As for a seasonal male healer...My guess is they'd pull a Lucius and put Artur in as a staffer. Which would suck

Agreed! And I still want Blucius (he has pretty much no competition for Luce).

Artur could from raw Magvelian numbers swing either way. Ewan, Knoll, and Saleh are the remaining FE8 tomers besides Artur, while Natasha and Moulder are the remaining unclaimed staffers. We also have Selena for a GHB on the tome side (and I doubt Riev will ever come), yet I can see an L'Arachel alt with the Latona. 3-4 vs. 2-3, there is room for Artur to go one way or the other.

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Tsubaki, Leo, or m!Corrin with a staff would be interesting. I also want legendary staff!Leif and even a staff!Seliph would be cool, since their mothers canonically are able to wield staves (and Leif canonically can use a staff in Genealogy).

I'm feeling Brarth (don't want to confuse with Barth), should he win a top two spot in CYL3, may get Aum. If the vague semi-theme of loved ones endures, and Marth isn't Wing Speared by his fiancee, his sister's signature Staff would be the next best thing. Although NES retro could consign him to Red as well, and after Belica, it is certainly possible.

And who else would want the Colorless spot? BAlm might I guess if he goes Bow, Brika I could see much more likely as Blue unless they choose to make L'Arachel her BFF, Cammy might Bifrost if she still sneaks in, Chrom and Tharja will need an OC weapon.

And about that Bound Hero Battle + Banner coming up in a few days, it should have a third character on it, right? Any chance it'd be Micaiah? Or is the way these kinds of filler banners work is that they throw a normally 4* (who I wouldn't 5* summon for) in with the 5* goodies to fluff it up? Or would Mic not be allowed since double Blue?

I'd like Elincia, although I don't need her with Tibarn from purely utilitarian perspective. And while Neph is a fine character to me (she develops), she is not great (and her strange loss of pants now reminds me of her 3rd tier self in RD). Plus I have Nailah, who is also Blue Infantry, even if the pool of ones I'd like is very small due to Fates and OC apathy (not antipathy). Micaiah could push me over into must summon zone (and then I'd take any Nephs and Elincias I acquired along the way).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reveal hidden contents

Interesting. Leo isn't especially powerful, but I've wanted him for a while, maybe that'll be a good chance.

Spoiler

I will wait until the Mythic Banner to decide if i will summon on the TT banner or not, because I may summon. I don't have Leo, because I used my Leo to fodder Quick Riposte, and I don't have Takumi either because I needed Close Counter. I wouldn't mind a +Atk or +Def Leo, and Close Counter is always good to have.

Also, both units have Hino Shinnosuke as their artist, so this will be a  Hino Shinnosuke banner. He only did three characters: Leo, Takumi and Fallen Takumi.

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You meant Armored Male Mage, right?

Nope. I mean non-infantry male mage.

There are only four non infantry male mages in the game and one isn't even playable - Reinhardt, Leo, Henry and Bruno. They really hate male mages unless they can make them infantry... And usually slow (although there's been some recent exceptions)

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

There are only four non infantry male mages in the game and one isn't even playable - Reinhardt, Leo, Henry and Bruno. They really hate male mages unless they can make them infantry... And usually slow (although there's been some recent exceptions)

Yeah... this is sad... And the chances of getting a non-infantry male mage on special banners are even low now, because we are getting only 1 male character per special banner.

37 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I find their slowness pretty odd too. Male mages tend to outspeed their female counterparts who often go with high magic, but low speed. Its not always the case, but there are a lot of examples like Merric/Linde, Lugh/Lilina Tellius males/Tellius females, and Hayato/Orochi.

Might have to do with popularity since most of the fast male mages haven't made their ways into heroes yet.

1 minute ago, Sasori said:

Its not always the case, but there are a lot of examples like Merric/Linde, Lugh/Lilina Tellius males/Tellius females, and Hayato/Orochi.

Might have to do with popularity since most of the fast male mages haven't made their ways into heroes yet.

Merric vs. Linde isn't really slow vs. fast. It's more Crit tome vs. Power tome, concrete durability vs. offense (and Nosferatu in Mystery), and in the case of FE1/3B1/SD- early recruit vs. semi-Est. To use SD 20/20 averages:

Spoiler

Merric: 

HP 48.8 Str 3 Mag 17.3 Skl 23 Spd 23.15 Lck 20.1 Def 6.9 Res 14.5

Linde:

HP 39.2 Str 3 Mag 20.1 Skl 20.2 Spd 22.25 Lck 29.8 Def 4 Res 13.6

So they're very close, Merric a bit more accurate and .9 faster, and more durable everywhere. But Linde has Mag and Luck leads. NM 20/20 averages ups Merric's HP lead to 50 over 40, gives him a .6 lead in Magic, she outdoes him in Skl by 2.15 (3) points, both cap Spd, the Luck gap is narrowed to 3.7 (4) points with Linde capping, Merric has an 7.4 (8) Def lead, and a .1 Res lead on her.

So actually, Merric I think is historically generally better outside of lacking Aura and less Mystery availability. Assuming bases don't matter too much and Linde has some crazy advantage in those.

As for Tellius males vs. females, here is the data for PoR:

Spoiler

20/20 Stats:

• Soren: 39/4/30/28/25/16/10/28
  • Ilyana: 39/11/26/27/21/21/10/28
  • Tormod: 40/10/25/24/25/19/14/25
  • Calill: 39/12/25/24/24/20/14/22
  • Bastian: 39/15/24/26/20/17/14/24
  • (Rhys: 39/3/29/22/21/25/11/30)
  • (Mist: 38/16/26/15/25/29/11/24)

Soren and Tormod tie for Spd at 25, and Soren also has more Mag than Ilyana. Her Str and thus ability to use heavier tomes is there to compensate, but a Thunder forge negates this. Her only other win is in Luck over Soren, and that 1 Mag & 3 Res lead is barely anything over Tormod, her main lead on him is availability.

Calill is faster than Bastian, and even Ilyana, but slower than the boys. Bastian actually has a higher growth than Calill, but his base is significantly worse and he has less levels to grow.

Rhys and Mist are there just because. Notice Rhys is lower than all but Bastian.

RD is a totally different story.

Spoiler

Bastian comes with a terrible 24 Spd and 40 growth but ends with a respectable 38/40 Mag. Oliver is somehow worse, with a 45 growth and a mere 20 on a 3rd tier unit! He has only 35/36 Mag at 20, so he is relatively weak here as well. Ilyana has a crappy 30 growth and 30 3rd tier cap- the lowest among the 3rd tiers- and a 50 Mag growth, getting up to 37.5/39 at 20/20/20; although Thunder magic is the weakest and most inaccurate.

Soren as a Wind Archsage musters a still slow 32 he barely fails to cap, with a 18 base and a pretty bad 35 growth, although he has a 80 Mag growth. Micaiah has the same Mag and Spd growth as Soren, with the same Mag cap and a 33 Spd cap (Ike has the same growth, but damn his base is good). Rhys has 14 base and a 35 growth despite being only two levels lower than Soren, with Ilyana's awful 30 cap. He hits his 36 Mag cap (the lowest of any magic class) with a 65 growth no probs though.

Laura starts at 1/0/0 with an meh for the level 5 base, but she does have a 70 growth, undermined by a still bad 31 cap as a female Saint. Her Mag has a higher base, cap and same growth. Pelleas has a Spd 60 growth, but again, a 31 cap. His 55 Mag growth is enough to hit 38.45/39 at 20/20.

Tormod has a 55 growth and 32 cap, while falling 5-6 points of his 38 cap, which is bad, but he does get Rexflame access as a Fire Archsage, which he can use to get a good 35 Spd. Calill has higher Mag than Tormod by a few points (35.55 vs. 32.6), and still hits her 32 cap, making her another "speedy" Rexflamer. 

Sanaki has a 32 cap, but Soren's 35 growth and a base too low for 20/20/1, so she won't hit it on average, falling 2-3 points short. And even if she did, she unlike practically every other magic user in RD has Str issues, so she'll be losing 3-4 AS from Rexflame on average, not hitting that 35 Spd. Her 33 Mag base and 60 growth ensure she'll hit the 40 cap.

So of allllll the mages in RD, only one hits 34 and above sans Rexflame. Which is enough to double Auras with White Pool, and thus is considered at the very very endgame "good".

Sephiran Chancellor Lv 20 HP 50 Str 11 Mag 40 Skl 40 Spd 40 Lck 40 Def 23 Res 40

I rest my case for RD.

As for GBA, well Lugh and Hugh are both faster than Lilina by several points, and Hugh is also physically more durable than either of his rivals. Saul on average is 8 points faster than Elen, but she still outspeeds old Joder. Erk is fast, but Nino ties and creams him by 4 in Magic. Artur is slightly slower, 2 points, than Lute. Ewan can be the same as Knoll, Saleh, and Artur, or just faster than Lute as a Druid. Moulder and Natasha are about as fast as each other.

For Jugdral, besides the Ced, Azelle is certainly faster than Tailtiu, 50 vs. 40 growth, and the ability to actually naturally double. All he needs to replace his Fire with a Thunder or Wind. Thracia brings Asbel and his 75 growth, Homer has 70 growth too, and Ilios a 50. The men are not alone however, Linoan has 55 Spd and a higher Mag growth than Asbel and Homer, Miranda has 70/70, and Sara has 80/80. Although with high promotion bonuses and low 20 caps everywhere, seeing 20/20 on a bunch of freshly promoted magic units is not uncommon, so they end up statistically the same.

Awakening is no hope at all for the speedy mage, since Ricken loses squarely to Miriel in both Mag and Spd. Laurent's absolute growths pre-parental modification are no better. And while hope still shines on Hayato, Forrest the beautiful is HP/Mag/Res.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I think most of my bad routes did use it every turn. My biggest issue was the beginning: the Turn 1 strategy you pointed out to me wasn't one I was even close to considering, and then even once I was getting Hawkeye's special charged, I kept wasting it.

Mind that using Visions and using it productively is slightly different. If a tip said to use Visions every turn I'd double check if the board state was one I can obtain without using Visions. And if I could obtain the state without using Visions then I didn't really use Visions. (I used visions a lot in my bad routes, too, but I notice when I end up in the same board state as I could've without using Visions.)