Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Sylphid Neutral Nino has 33 HP and 19 def at 5* level 40, so she dies in one hit to any sword unit with at least 44 attack (38 if you have Triangle Adept 3 or Ruby Sword). +HP/Def Nino would take 46 attack (or 40 with Triangle Adept/Ruby Sword). 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's what I did. She still killed my whole team even after she was left by herself.

When you used the Linde strategy did you dance Marth for a second attack? Triangle Adept like on Roy (who is honestly probably the best counter, especially is you have a unit with fortify res) works pretty well here.

2 hours ago, JSND said:

Really that kind of shit is usually yearly

I have the best anti Nino strats, Pray to Roy

Exactly.

Actually I haven't run into her in a while. I usually use Roy or Effie, and have Azura dance if they can't one shot, which they usually do.

Edit: @MaskedAmpharos your sig, summer festival Ninian :wub:

Edited by immatx

13 minutes ago, immatx said:

When you used the Linde strategy did you dance Marth for a second attack?

Yes, I did.

On another note, WHY are there NO April updates yet? We need these arena changes NOW. I don't mean to sound super impatient, but I'm sick of being forced to surrender every other battle. This game is not fun for me anymore at the moment. It's not possible to win much at all the way the game is now. I don't want to level up anymore characters until the changes come either, because of one change being increased exp against lower level enemies for characters 4 star and below.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, I did.

On another note, WHY are there NO April updates yet? We need these arena changes NOW. I don't mean to sound super impatient, but I'm sick of being forced to surrender every other battle. This game is not fun for me anymore at the moment. It's not possible to win much at all the way the game is now. I don't want to level up anymore characters until the changes come either, because of one change being increased exp against lower level enemies for characters 4 star and below.

I'd continue to level up Bonus characters at the very least. Even if the Arena changes tomorrow, it'll help to earn those Bonus points with a competant unit and team that'll work well with said unit.

Just now, Elieson said:

I'd continue to level up Bonus characters at the very least. Even if the Arena changes tomorrow, it'll help to earn those Bonus points with a competant unit and team that'll work well with said unit.

Already finished leveling one. Bunny Xander, remember?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Already finished leveling one. Bunny Xander, remember?

And you have a comfortable team to run him with for the Arena, assuming the update were to come out in 10 minutes?

I'm assuming you'd run Fred/Xandears/Marth (not sure on your 4th though...M!Robin is 40 right?)

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

And you have a comfortable team to run him with for the Arena, assuming the update were to come out in 10 minutes?

I'm assuming you'd run Fred/Xandears/Marth (not sure on your 4th though...M!Robin is 40 right?)

Yep, they're all lv. 40 and that's my team. Freddy, Bunny Xander, Marth, and male Robin.

So i think Navvare map made me realize how much i hate colorless haha. Since i just pulled 4th Selena iirc i think its about time to create myself an anti colorless. The idea is Tome user with Raven Tomes and TA2 for now

My choice seems to boil down into:

Female Robin

Julia +A -D

Ursula

Male Robin +Res -ATK

Male Robin +SPD -DEF

Raising Henry

Just go with Cecilia

Which one is the best choice?

Edited by JSND

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

So i think Navvare map made me realize how much i hate colorless haha. Since i just pulled 4th Selena iirc i think its about time to create myself an anti colorless. The idea is Tome user with Raven Tomes and TA2 for now

Female Robin

Julia +A -D

Ursula

Male Robin +Res -ATK

Male Robin +SPD -DEF

Raising Henry

Just go with Cecilia

That Julia is sexy. I have a +atk -res one who can't face Nino because of her bane. I'd say you have the perfect one.

To answer your question, M Robin is pretty popular in his spot, but you don't have great boon/bane combos. I'd lean towards F Robin because of that, but M Robin would be ideal because of his naturally high defense. 

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

Female Robin

Julia +A -D

Ursula

Male Robin +Res -ATK

Male Robin +SPD -DEF

Raising Henry

Just go with Cecilia

+Spd -Def Robin, easily.

With Triangle Adept and a colorless weaponbreaker (bow preferred), he takes like 1 damage from +Atk Takumi, though yours is -Def so it might be 2 or 3 more lol. His defense is still very adequate for the more potent threats like Kagero who otherwise poses a huge threat, but Robin can just one shot her if I recall correctly.

5 minutes ago, immatx said:

That Julia is sexy. I have a +atk -res one who can't face Nino because of her bane. I'd say you have the perfect one.

To answer your question, M Robin is pretty popular in his spot, but you don't have great boon/bane combos. I'd lean towards F Robin because of that, but M Robin would be ideal because of his naturally high defense. 

I got 3 Julias, and they are all -Spd.

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

+Spd -Def Robin, easily.

With Triangle Adept and a colorless weaponbreaker (bow preferred), he takes like 1 damage from +Atk Takumi, though yours is -Def so it might be 2 or 3 more lol. His defense is still very adequate for the more potent threats like Kagero who otherwise poses a huge threat, but Robin can just one shot her if I recall correctly.

I know M!Robin is still a huge pain for my Kagero. I'm pretty sure my -atk +spd one can't even two-shot him, but I could be wrong. Could be remembering how he activates Bonfire so often, the ... annoying person.

Man, I need to get levelling mine up at some point xD

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Sylphid Neutral Nino has 33 HP and 19 def at 5* level 40, so she dies in one hit to any sword unit with at least 44 attack (38 if you have Triangle Adept 3 or Ruby Sword). +HP/Def Nino would take 46 attack (or 40 with Triangle Adept/Ruby Sword). 

I'd assume neutral Def Nino with a Hone Def buff is more common than +HP or +Def Nino.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, I did.

Rushing the developers is never a good thing. You end up with a buggy and unpolished product and then no one is happy (except the people who don't play enough to encounter the bugs).

Anyone who was playing Warframe last summer might remember the Specters of the Rail update that was rushed to meet a committed release date, and then resulted in over a month of fixes to stabilize bugs introduced with the update.

Lol i'm still surprised how good my main cast IV's are

Roy is -HP +SPD which is probably why he's been doing so well for me since he can duel neutral sword lord

2 Julia Pull on +SPD and +ATK and -DEF. The one i used and experimented SI on happen to be a +SPD. She gets Darting Blow right now

Eliwood i had both +SPD and +ATK both were -RES

Kinda sad that my Abel turns out to be +Res -ATK though but he one shots majority of Navvare's map so i'm fine with it for now

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rushing the developers is never a good thing. You end up with a buggy and unpolished product and then no one is happy (except the people who don't play enough to encounter the bugs).

Anyone who was playing Warframe last summer might remember the Specters of the Rail update that was rushed to meet a committed release date, and then resulted in over a month of fixes to stabilize bugs introduced with the update.

Who said anything about rushing the developers? They announced these changes weeks ago and we've gotten nothing so far. And for all we know, they've been working on these updates since launch. They've had plenty of time.

And believe me, I know you don't want to rush game development. Pokemon GO exhibited that with server crashes and bugs at launch because the release was rushed.

But I'm still losing almost every arena battle because these teams it's matching me with are way too broken.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Who said anything about rushing the developers? They announced these changes weeks ago and we've gotten nothing so far. And for all we know, they've been working on these updates since launch. They've had plenty of time.

We weren't given a precise date anyway. You can see they've been adding more stuff (according to the twitter reveals some time ago) into the update.
Now they need to check everything for working correctly. The update will be there when it's ready, and not earlier. And that's how it works.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

We weren't given a precise date anyway. You can see they've been adding more stuff (according to the twitter reveals some time ago) into the update.
Now they need to check everything for working correctly. The update will be there when it's ready, and not earlier. And that's how it works.

I know how it works, you don't need to tell me... I realize we weren't given a date. But it still means the updates could come sooner rather than later which is what we should hope for.

I can't figure out at all how anyone else gets really high Arena scores with how ridiculous these teams are. Even with calculations and skills, you could end up matched against a unit you'll do no damage to or little damage to and be screwed. My Marth is one-rounded by any Takumi or blue, so it's like I never switched Palla out for him at all. Male Robin can't one-round Takumi at all, he can only one-round swords. Frederick can't handle mages by himself. Bunny Xander just isn't enough help either.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Who said anything about rushing the developers?

I'm a software developer. "Why aren't the updates here yet?" is rushing the developer. Especially when the developer is not yet late on their commitment.

If the developer communicates "April" as their projected release, they aren't considered late until May 1st.

They said April, which means any time until the end of this month :/ No delays, no hurrying, so far. I'm excited for the updates, but nothing to do than wait patiently. They've been good at sticking with their promises so far.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know how it works, you don't need to tell me... I realize we weren't given a date. But it still means the updates could come sooner rather than later which is what we should hope for.

I can't figure out at all how anyone else gets really high Arena scores with how ridiculous these teams are. Even with calculations and skills, you could end up matched against a unit you'll do no damage to or little damage to and be screwed. My Marth is one-rounded by any Takumi or blue, so it's like I never switched Palla out for him at all. Male Robin can't one-round Takumi at all, he can only one-round swords. Frederick can't handle mages by himself. Bunny Xander just isn't enough help either.

Having all 5* units goes a long way. Its those extra points in atk that you really want.  Robin shouldn't one-round Takumi, but that's okay. Marth should face greens and can hold up his own on most reds. He really wants his Falchion. Sadly for Frederick, the current meta is red. However blues are on the rise. The problem is that he can't ORKO lots of mages as popular mages are Nino and Julia,which are both green. Plus opposing M!Robins have lots of DEF. I find that the higher your BST, the easier it is as most teams for me are the same units over and over again. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I'm a software developer. This sort of thing is my job.

What software do you develop then? I've never heard this from you before.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think so, really.

Ana, I don't think you're intending to rush the developers, but I do agree that it's how your words are coming off.

I think a lot of the arguments that have happened on SF with you involve a disconnect between what you intend your words to mean and how other people interpret them. Of course, that's not necessarily your fault because you don't control how others interpret your words. But if several people are all saying they're interpreting you a certain way, then maybe you could take a step back and see if you could word what you're trying to say differently?

"I hope the April updates come soon" and "Why aren't the April updates here yet" may seem to mean the exact same thing, but they have very different tones to them.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

8 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Having all 5* units goes a long way. Its those extra points in atk that you really want.  Robin shouldn't one-round Takumi, but that's okay. Marth should face greens and can hold up his own on most reds. He really wants his Falchion. Sadly for Frederick, the current meta is red. However blues are on the rise. The problem is that he can't ORKO lots of mages as popular mages are Nino and Julia,which are both green. Plus opposing M!Robins have lots of DEF. I find that the higher your BST, the easier it is as most teams for me are the same units over and over again. 

Well, too bad I don't have all 5 star units or a 5 star Marth. I'm trying to get enough feathers to upgrade him and I can't if I can't win anything in the arena right now. I also would like some extra feathers to upgrade female Robin and Michalis to 4 star.

Marth does face greens, but the most common green he faces by far is Camilla (regular Camilla too, not Bunny) and he can't kill her quickly enough. He can't double her and she doubles him instead because Brave Axe.

Frederick can OHKO most mages, actually, and sometimes he can take two hits from them. Just not red ones, and I hardly see any of them. It's just that on occasion, I see two mages on the field and that will fuck him over. Or he gets a bit ganged up on by things like mage + Takumi or something.

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Ana, I don't think you're intending to rush the developers, but I do agree that it's how your words are coming off.

I think a lot of the arguments that have happened on SF with you involve a disconnect between what you intend your words to mean and how other people interpret them. Of course, that's not necessarily your fault because you don't control how others interpret your words. But if several people are all saying they're interpreting you a certain way, then maybe you could take a step back and see if you could word what you're trying to say differently?

"I hope the April updates come soon" and "Why aren't the April updates here yet" may seem to mean the exact same thing, but they have very different tones to them.

...I've been told this many times. I'm AWARE that sometimes I should choose better words. I just don't think I did anything wrong in this case.

But I guess I'm through playing this game until the updates come. Because right now, it's far too difficult to win important battles in.

Edited by Anacybele