Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Best part of the update, for me, is Naesala in the grail shop! I have enough grails and feathers to get him up to +6 easily!

It's the same for me! Those two months felt like 3000 years... I can't wait to +10 him!

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

They’d have to be “too dumb to live” level stupid to have a Roy alt on that banner right after giving him his legendary. 

That being said, there’ll still probably be at least one alt (Lilina and/or bearded Hector) on the upcoming banner if the Thracia one is anything to go by.

12 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does anyone have a unit type(movement type/weapon/refresher/healer etc) that they usually pull for? Outside of favorites, I pull for Valor skills if my orb stash allows for it. Recently I've been debating if I should pull for all of the healers. Of all of the healers, I'm only missing LB!Mia from the seasonal pool and the rest I can pull whenever they comeback so it's not that much of a stretch if I want to commit to it.

I always go for Cavalry, ever since I got pity broken by Luke a while back, I have been at 100% of Cav units.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They’d have to be “too dumb to live” level stupid to have a Roy alt on that banner right after giving him his legendary. 

That being said, there’ll still probably be at least one alt (Lilina and/or bearded Hector) on the upcoming banner if the Thracia one is anything to go by.

Need I remind you of Legendary Azura right after Baby Azura?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Those two at least had more than a month between them since Adrift was early November and legendary Azura was late December. In this hypothetical case, there’d only be a little more than a single week between alts which would be far more egregious, in my opinion anyways.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I am not really sure what I want anymore. 

This is how I feel right now. My list of favorites is not that long so there's not much that will entice me to pull unless they're really strong or unique, or I'm bored.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I really want Keaton for Beast Valor since that is the only Valor I am missing, but I do not have a lot of beasts at the moment, so I am willing to wait for him to pity break me. 

I'm missing Staff and Beast Valor so I'm waiting for them to be back on a 3 unit banner. While I'm still debating if I should pull for Keaton, I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it as there aren't that many beasts in the series and I'm not attached to any of them. 

@Rezzy Even seasonal ones? What happens when they introduce a cavalry unit that you can't tell if they're going to demote into the 4* pool?

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I always go for Cavalry, ever since I got pity broken by Luke a while back, I have been at 100% of Cav units.

Legendary Azura was a month and a half later, not a week later.

I think a mage Roy is plausible at some point, but not here. Hell, the last time we got one alt on an otherwise normal New Heroes banner was Olivia all the way back in July, now over seven months ago. I think it's still possible that we might get an alt here (probably Lilina), but I don't think it's especially likely at this point.

17 hours ago, Hilda said:

Also stave users from season 1 could use Prf. Atm those have fallen behind big time

Gravity, Pain, and Flash are strong enough as it is. I personally like the fact that they haven't been giving out many exclusive staff weapons. Hlidskjalf and Thokk are still the only ones, and I think it's fine for it to stay that way.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

So this just happened in Arena for me. I don't often crunch the numbers so I was pretty shocked.

Slaying Wo Dao is one hell of a drug.

4 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

This is how I feel right now. My list of favorites is not that long so there's not much that will entice me to pull unless they're really strong or unique, or I'm bored.

I'm missing Staff and Beast Valor so I'm waiting for them to be back on a 3 unit banner. While I'm still debating if I should pull for Keaton, I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it as there aren't that many beasts in the series and I'm not attached to any of them. 

@Rezzy Even seasonal ones? What happens when they introduce a cavalry unit that you can't tell if they're going to demote into the 4* pool?

Especially the seasonal, since I risk missing them otherwise, though I do so begrudgingly.  If it's a unit I like I'll usually try for them anyway, even if it looks like they'll drop, unless it's a unit I'm ambivalent towards.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

I think a mage Roy is plausible at some point, but not here. Hell, the last time we got one alt on an otherwise normal New Heroes banner was Olivia all the way back in July, now over seven months ago. I think it's still possible that we might get an alt here (probably Lilina), but I don't think it's especially likely at this point.

The Adrift Banner was technically a "New Heroes" banner, rather than "Special Heroes",   We haven't been getting many normal banners in general the last several months, with Adrift, CYL, and the OC banners taking up many of the slots.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Especially the seasonal, since I risk missing them otherwise, though I do so begrudgingly.  If it's a unit I like I'll usually try for them anyway, even if it looks like they'll drop, unless it's a unit I'm ambivalent towards.

The Adrift Banner was technically a "New Heroes" banner, rather than "Special Heroes",   We haven't been getting many normal banners in general the last several months, with Adrift, CYL, and the OC banners taking up many of the slots.

That's why I specified "otherwise normal", to differentiate from Adrift and the others.

We've gotten four "normal" New Heroes banners since July. The non-normal ones (CYL, Brave Redux, Adrift, and the two OC banners) are the ones that have had no demotes. Over that timeframe, the only alts we've gotten have been either legendaries or on banners where everyone is an alt with a specific theme (seasonals, CYL, Adrift). (Yes, Veronica and Mikoto count as alts - just like Charlotte, PA Shigure, Greil, etc.) Those have been frustratingly frequent, but IS does at least seem to have acknowledged the distaste for alts mixed in with new units.

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's why I specified "otherwise normal", to differentiate from Adrift and the others.

We've gotten four "normal" New Heroes banners since July. The non-normal ones (CYL, Brave Redux, Adrift, and the two OC banners) are the ones that have had no demotes. Over that timeframe, the only alts we've gotten have been either legendaries or on banners where everyone is an alt with a specific theme (seasonals, CYL, Adrift). (Yes, Veronica and Mikoto count as alts - just like Charlotte, PA Shigure, Greil, etc.) Those have been frustratingly frequent, but IS does at least seem to have acknowledged the distaste for alts mixed in with new units.

Four normal banners from July to March sounds downright awful.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Four normal banners from July to March sounds downright awful.

"From July to March" doesn't sound quite right, since neither July or March is included. Four normal banners from August/September to February.

Not good, mind, but it's also a particularly sparse part of the year, between CYL, OCs, and seasonals. And at least the OCs and Brave Redux were another source of new characters, although the OCs weren't past-game ones.

Interestingly, in terms of new characters being added, 2019 is off to a better start than 2018:

• 2018 Jan-Feb: Micaiah, Sothe, Oliver, Myrrh, L'Arachel, Lyon, Marisa, Hardin (8)
  • 2019 Jan-Feb: Tibarn, Nailah, Leanne, Reyson, Naesala, Duma, Greil, Selkie, Velouria, Keaton, Kaden, Panne (12)

This will probably get even more favorable for 2019 in March, since 2018's lineup was just Morgan, Morgan, and Gerome. We'll have to see about how later months go.

(In total, 2018 had 55 characters new to Heroes, by my count, 8 of which were OCs. Personally, I count Owain but not Zelgius. Meanwhile, the total number of Heroes added in 2018 was 122.)

Edited by Othin

9 hours ago, Othin said:

If they pull a Thracia then...it’ll be 2 alts: Zephiel and Narcian. Roy getting a mage alt is as likely as Frederick or Ephraim getting a mage alt. 

Speaking of FE6...if they really bring powercrept versions of Zephiel and Narcian then...Brunnya actually has a chance if they make it Bern-themed. Last one would be Guinivere or Idunn. I could see Guinivere and Idunn appearing instead of Brunnya. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

8 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

If they pull a Thracia then...it’ll be 2 alts: Zephiel and Narcian. Roy getting a mage alt is as likely as Frederick or Ephraim getting a mage alt. 

Speaking of FE6...if they really bring powercrept versions of Zephiel and Narcian then...Brunnya actually has a chance if they make it Bern-themed. Last one would be Guinivere or Idunn. I could see Guinivere and Idunn appearing instead of Brunnya. 

Why do people keep bringing up Thracia? We still got four fully new characters there (Leif, Nanna, Finn, and Saias), which is tied for the most of any banners from that time period. Around that same time, FE7, FE8, and FE13 got banners with one alt (Nino/Eirika/Olivia) and four new characters, while FE4 got a banner with zero alts and four new characters. If you don't care about alts, they're all the same, really.

And like I said, I don't think that time period is even still relevant. The time span from the first (Eirika) to the last (Olivia) of those alts was six months, and we've had more time than that pass since then without any more of them.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Why do people keep bringing up Thracia? We still got four fully new characters there (Leif, Nanna, Finn, and Saias), which is tied for the most of any banners from that time period. Around that same time, FE7, FE8, and FE13 got banners with one alt (Nino/Eirika/Olivia) and four new characters, while FE4 got a banner with zero alts and four new characters. If you don't care about alts, they're all the same, really.

And like I said, I don't think that time period is even still relevant. The time span from the first (Eirika) to the last (Olivia) of those alts was six months, and we've had more time than that pass since then without any more of them.

I think the reason people bring up Thracia is that their sole banner felt very safe and calculated. It introduced 4 new characters, but only two of those where on the banner. The lord and the  love interest. Two characters you absolutely could't go without. Even the relatively popular and pretty much mandatory inclusion finn was just dumped as a meh tempest trial reward unit. Saias was a nice surprise, but other then that everything felt very safe.

So people might think the same here. That IS don't really have much faith in a fe6 banner and that they'll start putting in very familair choices in such as old man Hector or a popular character alt.

Edited by Sasori

40 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I think the reason people bring up Thracia is that their sole banner felt very safe and calculated. It introduced 4 new characters, but only two of those where on the banner. The lord and the  love interest. Two characters you absolutely could't go without. Even the relatively popular and pretty much mandatory inclusion finn was just dumped as a meh tempest trial reward unit. Saias was a nice surprise, but other then that everything felt very safe.

So people might think the same here. That IS don't really have much faith in a fe6 banner and that they'll start putting in very familair choices in such as old man Hector or a popular character alt.

Look, my username is "Othin". If there were any substantial grounds to complain about the FE5 banner, I'd be all over them. There aren't.

I had gone in expecting four characters: Leif, Finn, Nanna, and a free unit, probably either Osian or Saias. Basically the same banner structure as the FE4 Gen 2 banner the following month: four units, all new. I would have preferred to get Osian and to have Finn be a more powerful banner unit, but I can't say this is really any less than that.

Meanwhile, suppose the banner left out Olwen and kept everything else the same. Three-character banner with one alt, plus a new GHB and TT. Exactly the same as the FE7 and FE8 banners from around that time. Which people weren't really happy about either, but they didn't get held up as as much of a slap in the face as the essentially-identical FE5 banner was. Would you have been any more satisfied in that case?

Bear in mind that four new characters is tied for the most any banner introduced in that time period, spanning almost a year: between the FE4 Gen 1 banner in October 2017 and the FE4 Gen 1 banner in September 2018. Since then, the standard has gone back up to five, but it's pretty silly to act like we could have reasonably expected anything more out of the FE5 banner at the time. The standard was 3-4 new characters, and we got 4.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Look, my username is "Othin". If there were any substantial grounds to complain about the FE5 banner, I'd be all over them. There aren't.

I had gone in expecting four characters: Leif, Finn, Nanna, and a free unit, probably either Osian or Saias. Basically the same banner structure as the FE4 Gen 2 banner the following month: four units, all new. I would have preferred to get Osian and to have Finn be a more powerful banner unit, but I can't say this is really any less than that.

Meanwhile, suppose the banner left out Olwen and kept everything else the same. Three-character banner with one alt, plus a new GHB and TT. Exactly the same as the FE7 and FE8 banners from around that time. Which people weren't really happy about either, but they didn't get held up as as much of a slap in the face as the essentially-identical FE5 banner was. Would you have been any more satisfied in that case?

Bear in mind that four new characters is tied for the most any banner introduced in that time period, spanning almost a year: between the FE4 Gen 1 banner in October 2017 and the FE4 Gen 1 banner in September 2018. Since then, the standard has gone back up to five, but it's pretty silly to act like we could have reasonably expected anything more out of the FE5 banner at the time. The standard was 3-4 new characters, and we got 4.

You do a disservice to lowlifes everywhere. If you were a proper internet plebeian you'd be complaining that Othin wasn't on that banner.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I think people were expecting more due to the lack of Thracia characters. There are six different Thracia characters in Heroes not counting alts. That's the same number of Camillas. For a game that only had two characters prior to the banner, there were very few choices of alts yet they decided to give alts to all of Thracia's representation. 

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think people were expecting more due to the lack of Thracia characters. There are six different Thracia characters in Heroes not counting alts. That's the same number of Camillas. For a game that only had two characters prior to the banner, there were very few choices of alts yet they decided to give alts to all of Thracia's representation. 

That seems like a bit of a strange thing to expect. Especially when FE10 had only had one character before its banner, then got just four more total with Zelgius arguably being an alt. Although admittedly FE5 didn't also have a bunch of characters shared with other games already present.

Remember, FE5 is the least-played and least well-known FE game. It's important to be realistic. And complaining about what it does get just sends the message to IS that it's not worth their trouble to try to please FE5 fans, which personally is something I'd very much like to avoid.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Remember, FE5 is the least-played and least well-known FE game. It's important to be realistic. And complaining about what it does get just sends the message to IS that it's not worth their trouble to try to please FE5 fans, which personally is something I'd very much like to avoid.

This is true. I tried playing a rom version of Thracia, but it was buggy as hell. I also, to this day, have yet to complete Geneology. I've got a file somewhere on my computer sitting at the start of book 2. I've at least attempted all the FEs to date, if unable to finish all due to Reasons.

Even so, i at least am glad all the games have SOME form of representation now. It may not always be the best or what others want, but it's there. Personally, I'm still waiting for the rest of the male fliers to join the roster: Haar, Heath and Cormag in particular.

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

This is true. I tried playing a rom version of Thracia, but it was buggy as hell. I also, to this day, have yet to complete Geneology. I've got a file somewhere on my computer sitting at the start of book 2. I've at least attempted all the FEs to date, if unable to finish all due to Reasons.

Even so, i at least am glad all the games have SOME form of representation now. It may not always be the best or what others want, but it's there. Personally, I'm still waiting for the rest of the male fliers to join the roster: Haar, Heath and Cormag in particular.

Yeah, I'm still not completely happy with FE5's roster (obviously), but it's in a much better state than it used to be.

If we get Osian and Mareeta as random one-off free units (like Gharnef) and get another FE4 Gen 2 banner with Ced, I'm willing to accept that as the best feasible FE5 roster for the foreseeable future.

One thing about Thracia.  Leif, Nanna, and Finn are all key important characters in FE4.  So the only true new Thracia original we were given was Saias, a GHB unit.  It would be like introducing Radiant Dawn finally to the game, and having a banner of Ike, Soren and Titania.  Yeah great, they are of course a part of Radiant Dawn.  However they would be know from anyone who played Path of Radiance as they are important characters there.

So playing it safe, yeah it was super safe.  The banner was Leif and Nanna, both feature characters in Genealogy, then an alt of Olwen and an alt of Reinhardt both who were already introduced a year earlier in heroes.  Not to mention how Reinhardt completely overshadowed Leif as a red.  What if on Micaiah's debut banner there was a Soren alt as the same color/weapon type but a much better weapon and being an armor or flier?  

I can't really defend this banner, and thing is it is unlikely Thracia gets another for a long time.  Maybe in 2 years or something.  So where are important Thracia originals like Mareeta and Othin?  Will they get in the game before it dies?  If there were Vegas odds on this, It would likely be strongly in favor of them never showing up in the game.