Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

There was a massive concerted effort on the /r/shitpostemblem subreddit campaigning for him, so to a large extent it was "organic" insofar as anyone rallying people on social media for any other candidate was organic.

No wonder. Taking a look at CYL6, he only got 16 votes last year! That's quite a jump in rank!

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

For comparison, the list post-CYL6:

Since then, we got:

• Matthis, Nyna, Medeus, Hardin, Elice
  • Brigand Boss, Kamui, Atlas
  • Tine, Arthur, Scathach
  • August, Galzus
  • Gonzalez, Hugh, Niime
  • Sain, Limstella, Guy, Kent
  • (Boyd), (Muarim)
  • Gregor, Ricken
  • Dwyer
  • Letizia, (Elm)
  • Jeralt

Regarding Excellus, it's worth noting that he's the lowest unit on the current chart, at 40 votes. Marisha is second lowest, at 89, and Validar is third lowest, at 113.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Regarding Excellus, it's worth noting that he's the lowest unit on the current chart, at 40 votes. Marisha is second lowest, at 89, and Validar is third lowest, at 113.

Excellus also just happens to be the least wanted Awakening character...he just manages to get on the list because there are precisely 5 Awakening characters from CYL not in the game already in any form. If Pheros and Old Hubba were options, he probably wouldn't be there. But I have a feeling that Desaix will get in the game this year due to his success here (and their refusal to give us Jeddah), so Excellus getting on a list like this at all might make him a prime candidate for that shitposting reddit to plunge to the top of the list next year. Though it'll be funny, if we do get another Awakening banner, there literally won't be enough characters to fill out a top 5.

Edited by Jotari

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Excellus also just happens to be the least wanted Awakening character...he just manages to get on the list because there are precisely 5 Awakening characters from CYL not in the game already in any form. If Pheros and Old Hubba were options, he probably wouldn't be there. But I have a feeling that Desaix will get in the game this year due to his success here (and their refusal to give us Jeddah), so Excellus getting on a list like this at all might make him a prime candidate for that shitposting reddit to plunge to the top of the list next year. Though it'll be funny, if we do get another Awakening banner, there literally won't be enough characters to fill out a top 5.

I wonder if we'll get an Echoes banner at all this year. If we get the usual ten regular banners and three of them are Engage, that only leaves seven for earlier games. Tellius, Sacred Stones, Binding Blade, Thracia, Genealogy, Blazing Blade, and Three Houses could easily take up the full list, and the only one of those that's gotten a banner more recently than Echoes is Three Houses.

Still, if Desaix gets staying power as a meme, that could help his odds of getting in eventually.

Not sure if any of you have any easy answer, but, I apparently have an old FEH playthrough linked to my MyNintendo account. I would really like the Askr Trip rings in Engage and feel stuck. Every answer seems to pointing to restarting the game, which wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, but dang it, I really like my current roster.

my question is - Is there any other way to link my new account or unlink my old account?

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I wonder if we'll get an Echoes banner at all this year. If we get the usual ten regular banners and three of them are Engage, that only leaves seven for earlier games. Tellius, Sacred Stones, Binding Blade, Thracia, Genealogy, Blazing Blade, and Three Houses could easily take up the full list, and the only one of those that's gotten a banner more recently than Echoes is Three Houses.

Still, if Desaix gets staying power as a meme, that could help his odds of getting in eventually.

We don't need an Echoes banner for Desaix to get in. He could easily be the CYL GHB since he did win that Rising Hero thing (while the female winner, Monica, is already in the game).

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

We don't need an Echoes banner for Desaix to get in. He could easily be the CYL GHB since he did win that Rising Hero thing (while the female winner, Monica, is already in the game).

Oh, yeah, good point. That'd be fitting.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

Shadows of Valentia definitely doesn't need a banner, as it's almost completely fully represented. But who knows what those crazy folks over at Heroes are thinking. I hope if we do get a Valentia banner this year the Ascended Hero isn't Alm. Celica was such a bad choice for the last banner >.>

24 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Shadows of Valentia definitely doesn't need a banner, as it's almost completely fully represented. But who knows what those crazy folks over at Heroes are thinking. I hope if we do get a Valentia banner this year the Ascended Hero isn't Alm. Celica was such a bad choice for the last banner >.>

I was really surprised that they did one right on the usual schedule last year - and Awakening, also running low, jumped ahead of schedule.

Seems like a safe bet that it's not going to be Alm, since they've almost always stuck to female Ascendeds so far. Joshua might have been a special case due to bring first. If the reaction to Celica was negative enough, maybe they'll avoid reusing legendaries as Ascendeds in the future.

49 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Celica was such a bad choice for the last banner >.>

No, using Celica as an Ascended Hero and having Est on that banner was the bad choice. They didn't need to include both there when they already had Ymir. Because they wasted Est there, Valentia's only options for non-Ascended / Rearmed or FEH OC females are non-seasonal Rinea, Nuibaba, Marla, Hestia, and Irma.

And yeah, Valentia is practically a lock to get skipped (along with Awakening) this year to make room for more Engage banners. At this point, I still think we'll see three more Engage banners (one for each of the remaining countries and royals) this year: something like one in March (Elusia & M!Alear), one in June (Brodia) and one in September (Solm)

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

I was really surprised that they did one right on the usual schedule last year - and Awakening, also running low, jumped ahead of schedule.

Seems like a safe bet that it's not going to be Alm, since they've almost always stuck to female Ascendeds so far. Joshua might have been a special case due to bring first. If the reaction to Celica was negative enough, maybe they'll avoid reusing legendaries as Ascendeds in the future.

I'm just venting now, saying things we've all heard before, but I just have to say it. If it were Micaiah or Lucina then I'd get it. But Shadows of Valentia is specifically a game where every single character has a super form thanks to Over Classes. It's not like the potential isn't there for literally anyone else, as it might be if it were for some other game. But Shadows of Valentia is tailor made to give an Ascended Form to everyone, except Alm and Celica who already got their overclasses as legendary alts. Add to that the sheer confusion of what Ascended Celica is even meant to be. They focus on her title of priestess, who she is at the start of the game, yet she's apparently also post game, but she also has her mid game characterization of depending on the gods. If feels like someone told them to do Celica and they had no idea what to actually do, so they just threw everything in the blender. I would have forgiven it all if they'd given her Celica's Wind from Awakening though. We need more brave tomes that aren't being held by Reinhardt.

The way Tellius keeps getting skipped over and combined for NH banners is dumb.

Also, I'd rather get refines for Reinhardt and Olwen before putting other brave tomes on non-seasonal units. Still salty f!Corrin's ninja alt got extra stuff when Dire Thunder is banned from refines.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

The way Tellius keeps getting skipped over and combined for NH banners is dumb.

Also, I'd rather get refines for Reinhardt and Olwen before putting other brave tomes on non-seasonal units. Still salty f!Corrin's ninja alt got extra stuff when Dire Thunder is banned from refines.

I don't really see that as an either or situation.

15 hours ago, Othin said:

Since then, we got:

• Matthis, Nyna, Medeus, Hardin, Elice
  • Brigand Boss, Kamui, Atlas
  • Tine, Arthur, Scathach
  • August, Galzus
  • Gonzalez, Hugh, Niime
  • Sain, Limstella, Guy, Kent
  • (Boyd), (Muarim)
  • Gregor, Ricken
  • Dwyer
  • Letizia, (Elm)
  • Jeralt

Post-CYL 6 and pre-CYL 7 was better to me than I realized. Nyna, Hardin, Elice, Matthis, Tine, Arthur, Niime, Hugh, Kent, Sain, Gregor, Dwyer? All characters I really like in their respective games. I hope this year gives me a few more favorites that aren't in the game yet...like Brom.

As for the banners this year, I'm predicting February or March will be another Engage banner, and the other will be Tellius. April, Sacred Stones. May, Fallen. June, Binding Blade. July, Thracia. August, CYL 7. September and October, another Engage and Genealogy of the Holy War. November and December, Blazing Blade and Three Houses/Hopes.

And an analysis that's a bit more detailed than the one I gave when his art was leaked half a month ago:

With the Resplendent boosts, Innes actually ends up with 40/41 offenses at maximum Dragonflowers, which is not bad for a bow infantry. In fact, Young Innes has the exact same base stats with the only difference being that he has a superboon in Spd whereas regular Innes doesn't.

He does face some pretty tough competition, though. The aforementioned Young Innes has virtually the same stats and a significantly better weapon. Kiragi has a faster 39/44 neutral stat spread and Etie has a stronger 46/41 neutral stat spread with both of them being in the 4-star pool proper and needing fewer Dragonflowers.

Nidhogg might be an old weapon, but it's actually not awful. It's basically a Firesweep Bow with higher stats that still allows you to counterattack on enemy phase, but only works against tomes and dragons on player phase. While that's rather restrictive, it's still usable in Arena Assault and on fixed maps. The Litrowl effect might be outdated, but getting +2 to all stats when adjacent to a single ally is still a nice bonus over the Firesweep Bow against units that Nidhogg works against.

For a more traditional role, he still has access to Whitecap Bow and actually has a Res stat that lets him take counterattacks from tome and staff units without needing to run a Remote skill, though his awful Def means that he'll crumple if counterattacked by anything else.

On 1/13/2023 at 3:06 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Earlier someone mentioned a trick to get FOUR Resplendents out of a single month of Feh subscription. How?

Just a little update here: I actually got a little sloppy and forgot my renewal date was today, and took a nap over the reset. But it still worked anyway.

My payment did fail as expected, I got an email from Google play at 24 minutes before reset advising me my payment was rejected (there's only 5 cents on my debit card) and that my subscription would therefore be auto-cancelled. However I didn't actually wake up until over two hours later, which was pretty stupid of me. Yet there was still time for me to see the email, get my phone (which did have FEH open, admittedly), go to the home screen and collect Resplendent Roy. Then I even had time to do the two sets of Rival Domains and three Arena battles to complete and collect all the FEH Pass quests. So yeah, the timing was pretty generous.

So yeah, success in the end despite everything. Got my four resplendents distributed in the period (Lucina, Gordin, Corrin, Roy) and bought two with some Google Rewards credit (Eliwood, Raven). That plus a total of 20 orbs (plus papers, grails, etc) from quests and sparking a couple of banners I wouldn't otherwise be able to (Legendary Shez and Hero Fest), and I guess I got reasonable material reward out of my one-time payment.

Edited by Humanoid

It’s almost humorous how “over powered” some of the newer units are. Was doing a TT run this morning and had a finger slip and in Round 1 lost LeAnne (healing and dancer all in one…who can fly!) and New Effie. So had to do 6.5 rounds with just Alfred and new Dorothea…and no problem. Alfred does some work and Dorothea took care of the green dragon we ran into. I know that dragon flowers are the solution to even things out but at times it feels like some units need to be plus 15 or something because they can just be so far behind.

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I know that dragon flowers are the solution to even things out but at times it feels like some units need to be plus 15 or something because they can just be so far behind.

That's the entire point of Dragonflowers. They aren't actually a "make your units more powerful" mechanic. They're a "let older units catch up to newer units" mechanic.

Each time they raise the base stat totals of new units, it comes out to approximately 5 points, and they also increase the number of Dragonflower levels older units can have by exactly 5. It's not that "some units need to be plus 15 or something", it's that that's what you're supposed to be doing with older units that you want to continue using.

All units from CYL 2 onwards have stats totals that are approximately equivalent to modern units when both have maximum Dragonflowers, which means that the intent is that older units should be running maximum-minus-5 Dragonflower levels to equal the stats of a new unit with no Dragonflowers (though if you aren't merging new units, you can also make up for the difference with merges, as each merge is roughly equivalent to 2 Dragonflower levels).

Other than that, you should also be updating the skills on older units that you want to continue using in order to keep with the fact that newer skills are generally more powerful.

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Other than that, you should also be updating the skills on older units that you want to continue using in order to keep with the fact that newer skills are generally more powerful.

That kind of leads to a very unfortunate conundrum: the better skills you should be giving your older units are more often than not on units who, in every sense of the word, are just better than the older unit in nearly every way. It's almost always impossible to justify sacking the newer unit unless they're an otherwise niche unit or are clearly a skill fodder unit, at least not without having summoned them more than once.

They compete heavily for fodder with new F2P grail units too, which to this day still only come with Tier 3 skills even if some do get impressive Prfs. It's very hard to justify, for example, both updating my Raven while also building Valentine's Effie. Not a complaint as such, as making difficult decisions like that is part and parcel of the game, but it is a bit sad leaving old units behind.

Fortunately Divine Codes goes some distance towards fixing the fodder void that F2P players tend to have. And do remember that we're only around three weeks away from the next set. (Says the hypocrite who hasn't spent a single Divine Code 3 and is sitting on 20k of them)

Rearmed units are the other solution of course, and a fairly decent if inconsistent one. Under the right circumstances, pulling one copy can refresh an old unit almost entirely by itself if you can get good fodder synergy, e.g. Ganglot being perfect for updating someone like Bartre. But just as often you end up only needing the weapon and nothing else from the unit (say you want to update your non-armour dragon), and then you're in the fodder hole again.

EDIT: One thing I'm trying to wean myself off is merging units unnecessarily. By habit I like to merge units at least once, because it gets them out of that swamp of unmerged units in my barracks that are unbuilt, obsolete, etc and which I just mindlessly scroll through without considering when I'm looking to build a team. But really I should be banishing those units to the reserves instead and have the unmerged 5-stars in my main barracks all be just as worthy of active use as the merged ones.

Edited by Humanoid