Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Tbh I would have been significantly happier with many of the characters if they just used their cipher art.

Reveal hidden contents

I recently discovered that Lachesis' depiction in Heroes is pretty inaccurate (both in the healer and moe aspects), so I looked up art of her and

Reveal hidden contents

HOLY SHIT WHY IS SHE NOT LIKE THIS IN HEROES

imhbvqa.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I've literally fallen in love. She doesn't look anything like the same character. 

Yeah I love Lach's Cipher art

her Heroes art is pretty disappoint :c

I mean I'll still use her because I like her as a character, but

On the other hand we did get Senri Kita's Ryoma which is like, my favorite thing ever

Actually Senri Kita drew a lot of the long hair pretty sword dude types--- Navarre, Samto and Shannan in Cipher, Ryoma and Karel in Heroes, also Julius and Soren if we count non-sword pretty long hair guys

Please keep this up Senri Kita this is good for my eyes

(also IS please hire Senri Kita to draw Ayra)

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Yeah I love Lach's Cipher art

her Heroes art is pretty disappoint :c

I mean I'll still use her because I like her as a character, but

On the other hand we did get Senri Kita's Ryoma which is like, my favorite thing ever

Actually Senri Kita drew a lot of the long hair pretty sword dude types--- Navarre, Samto and Shannan in Cipher, Ryoma and Karel in Heroes, also Julius and Soren if we count non-sword pretty long hair guys

Please keep this up Senri Kita this is good for my eyes

Yeah, as easy as it is to complain about the bad art, there's quite a lot of absolutely amazing art in Heroes to appreciate as well.

If I didn't love Nino before, her Heroes art probably would have done the trick tbh <3

Spoiler

Actually, it was precisely Nino's Heroes art that made me finish my playthrough of FE7

Spoiler

I started a playthrough a while back but didn't get much farther than Lyn's story, not because I disliked the game but because a lot of stuff came up in life and I just never found the time to continue. 

Lo and behold, the Heroes announcement trailer came, and Nino just so happened to be one of the characters they picked to use in the trailer. I fell in love instantly despite not knowing anything about her or her character, so I looked more into her. 

I was surprised to find out she was in FE7 since I had never seen her in the game (having not played far enough), and it was actually precisely this that encouraged me to pick up FE7 again for the first time in a while and play through the game from start to finish.

So...Nino is actually the reason I finished FE7 in the first place, and she'll always have a special place in my heart <3

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Tbh I would have been significantly happier with many of the characters if they just used their cipher art.

Hide contents

I recently discovered that Lachesis' depiction in Heroes is pretty inaccurate (both in the healer and moe aspects), so I looked up art of her and

Hide contents

HOLY SHIT WHY IS SHE NOT LIKE THIS IN HEROES

imhbvqa.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I've literally fallen in love. She doesn't look anything like the same character. 

i mean her being a healer isn't "inaccurate"

yeah she has a special sword, but she could heal stuff in her base class and it was the easiest way to level her up

if you didn't know that she could become the best class in the game when she promoted you'd probably use her more for healing than attacking

it's a weird and not very good choice but it's not entirely unprecedented

but yeah most of the heroes art isn't as good as the cipher art

Cipher art is pretty damn awesome. No doubt about it.

About Lachesis, I was really annoyed when I was training her because of her personality. And I was kinda worried/curious that this was also how she was in FE4. So I searched it up and pretty much spoiled myself to the first half of FE4. I'm not sure if I should feel regret or not. Cause not only was that satisfying, but also very heartbreaking. Also wow Heroes Lachesis is really inaccurate compared to FE4 Lachesis.

Edited by Falcom

16 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah, as easy as it is to complain about the bad art, there's quite a lot of absolutely amazing art in Heroes to appreciate as well.

If I didn't love Nino before, her Heroes art probably would have done the trick tbh <3

Reveal hidden contents

Actually, it was precisely Nino's Heroes art that made me finish my playthrough of FE7

Reveal hidden contents

I started a playthrough a while back but didn't get much farther than Lyn's story, not because I disliked the game but because a lot of stuff came up in life and I just never found the time to continue. 

Lo and behold, the Heroes announcement trailer came, and Nino just so happened to be one of the characters they picked to use in the trailer. I fell in love instantly despite not knowing anything about her or her character, so I looked more into her. 

I was surprised to find out she was in FE7 since I had never seen her in the game (having not played far enough), and it was actually precisely this that encouraged me to pick up FE7 again for the first time in a while and play through the game from start to finish.

So...Nino is actually the reason I finished FE7 in the first place, and she'll always have a special place in my heart <3

I do like Nino's art in heroes. It's pretty cute. I think her artist is better at younger characters like her, because I don't really have too much to complain about Nino's art, while I can't say I'm very fond of Catria's.

Oh well, I can't say I output things I'm 100% happy with either, as an artist. Maybe more like 10% of the time, haha.

That's pretty cool, though. She really is doing her best

Also Judgral has my favorite cast

Sure yeah there's quite a bit of filler esp in Thracia but man, the good ones are really good I love them

Edited by Thor Odinson

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I do like Nino's art in heroes. It's pretty cute. I think her artist is better at younger characters like her, because I don't really have too much to complain about Nino's art, while I can't say I'm very fond of Catria's.

Catria is a strong duelist, though:

Spoiler

Mrhc2vU.jpg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5vvemi/catria_is_a_very_strong_duelist/

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Gotta love how she has to extend her free hand behind the disk to draw cards.

Nah, she just draws cards the way most people put cards into graveyards. It actually doesn't matter which way the duel-disk is facing, since the graveyard and deck slot are on opposite sides, and you need to access both in a game.

Edit: #LeftiesArePeopleToo

Edited by DehNutCase

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nice.

With a +7 to Atk via Harsh Command, the new Atk values for Effie and Julia become 412 and 397, respectively. Quick note on Effie vs Draug, I forgot that applying Seal Def along with Life and Death would give a Lv. 1 2* 0 Def, so Effie's damage with the original +4 buff would have been 397.

And @SatsumaFSoysoy my Ryoma is +Spd with Vantage :D

Did you factor in Death Blow? :P:

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Wait this is someone's jakob. I used him during the gauntlet. Isn't it yours?

Yep!  My very own lead unit~!  He's funny in the arena.  Hope to change that Def +3 into Spd +3, so I can double more things with him.

1 hour ago, unique said:

the game's been out for over a year, I think it's fair to spoil things about it at this point

Some people joined these forums because of Heroes.  And we're going to have another influx thanks to Echoes.  Be mindful of them.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ironic that her colors match Blue Eyes white Dragon huh?

But BEWD has a spine. ;/

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Anyway, I'm almost done fight-checking a new Selena build. It's -hp/+Spd, and somehow more expensive than the Wo Dao+ build. (lol).

Note to self: [Silver+, Aether, Fury3, Renewal, ThreatenSpd3, +3-Hp]

How necessary is Aether?  Because that's 750 SP!

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Anyway, I'm almost done fight-checking a new Selena build. It's -hp/+Spd, and somehow more expensive than the Wo Dao+ build. (lol).

Note to self: [Silver+, Aether, Fury3, Renewal, ThreatenSpd3, +3-Hp]

I'm curious but why aether over a lower cd skill?

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

How necessary is Aether?  Because that's 750 SP!

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm curious but why aether over a lower cd skill?

Aether is only for Style-points.

In fact, I'll probably even add Wo Dao+ for double style points.

There's no point in being Selena if you can't style on people. This is why I'm going to make a distant-counter, Wo-Dao+ Ryoma someday, just to make everyone who sees it cry.

Edit: Also, SP doesn't matter for Selena. Being a 3* base, she can just use her other selves to grind up skills.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

There's no point in being Selena if you can't style on people. This is why I'm going to make a distant-counter, Wo-Dao+ Ryoma someday, just to make everyone who sees it cry.

I would definitely cry if I saw someone out there sacrificing Ryoma's Raijinto

Lol, I missed a conversation on Birthright vs. Conquest, so I'll just throw in my two cents here.

I prefer Birthright over all the other story paths in Fates. Sure, it's very standard and maybe it's not the most exciting, but Conquest offends me as a writer. To this day I sometimes wonder how any professional writer thought these characters were okay, and as a result it's negatively affected my thoughts on the Conquest characters.

Anyway ... the only character I've sent home after inheritance was announced is f!Corrin. Everyone else I think I've tried to keep at least one copy of, just in case I need them. I'm still kicking myself in the back for not being able to do Narcian's lunatic hard map.

Edited by Sunwoo

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

But BEWD has a spine. ;/

Lol, now I want to play yu gi oh

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Psh, "I'll be the best in your whole group. It's just a matter of time."

So why are you making Ryoma better when Selena is obviously the greater choice?

Edited by Arcanite

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Psh, "I'll be the best in your whole group. It's just a matter of time."

So why are you making Ryoma better when Selena is obviously the greater choice?

Selena doesn't have the 'Cry-factor' of letting everyone know you sacrificed three of the rarest 5*s in a game to make a single, sub-optimal unit, though.

(Wo Dao+ Ryoma means: you gave up Ryoma's Sword, like, 50% of the point of being Ryoma, you killed a Hector just to fix the first problem, and you also murdered a Karel just for Style-points.)

Edited by DehNutCase

42 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Cipher art is pretty damn awesome. No doubt about it.

About Lachesis, I was really annoyed when I was training her because of her personality. And I was kinda worried/curious that this was also how she was in FE4. So I searched it up and pretty much spoiled myself to the first half of FE4. I'm not sure if I should feel regret or not. Cause not only was that satisfying, but also very heartbreaking. Also wow Heroes Lachesis is really inaccurate compared to FE4 Lachesis.

Laquesis was ruined for the sake of the "moe loli healer" stereotype that plagues the series. FE4 makes it explicitly clear Laquesis is an adult and looks like one, even in the cutesy looking manga, so I don't get why the change.

41 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

SoV confirms Catria is 20 years old, so her Heroes art sticks out even more now.

Edited by L9999

Selena doesn't have the 'Cry-factor' of letting everyone know you sacrificed three of the rarest 5*s in a game to make a single, sub-optimal unit, though. (Wo Dao+ Ryoma means: you gave up Ryoma's Sword, like, 50% of the point of being Ryoma, you killed a Hector just to fix the first problem, and you also murdered a Karel just for Style-points.)

If you decked out a Ryoma, I wouldn't cry cause it's Ryoma. He's supposed to be a psycho.

If you decked out a Selena, I would cry. You know why? Cause you also would have went through 20,000 feathers just to get her to five stars as opposed to Ryoma who is a natural 5 star.

Basically:

Cry over a Raijinto not in use

Or

Cry over 20,000 feathers 

You do have a point though!

Oh god these numbers, I'm feeling so good right now:

Selena literally only dies to 8 units without L&D in the entire game, and that's AFTER IV calculation. And they're all blues. No one is fast enough to double her, so you can't even slip in a special-proc to kill her.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

So basically we can all agree that one way or another, @DehNutCase is going to make us cry.

(Also, are we friends yet? Because I feel like I'd remember if I had a 5* Selena hanging out in my friend rock)

My IGN is the same as here, so you'd see it if we were friended. (My Selena account is actually my least used 'main,' my primary, my first, does have an Selena in the works, but it'll be some time before she's ready for the First-string.)

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

The original sets I put had Triangle Adept 3 in the A slot. 1.4x multiplier on weapon advantage is way bigger than +6. Or did I miss something?

The enemy has T-Adept, no need to waste your own slot on it.

The enemy has T-Adept, no need to waste your own slot on it.

Well shit.

If the enemy has TA, meaning I can freely put Death Blow in my A-slot, Chrom's damage output goes even higher :OOO

Though if I'm being honest I was really happy about the max potential damage output being calc'd out to be exactly 420.

EDIT: New highest possible damage output is still Chrom, with a max of 450 (assumed the enemy Fae has TA 3 and that Chrom had Death Blow 3)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos