Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I̶ ̶k̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶

Now I feel like everyone is gonna have the 5 star borders. I think I might revert if it gets too prevalent heh

The worst smell is this putty stuff they use to make antibiotic beads to put into wounds.  I can handle the smell of gangrene, but that stuff's smell just really bothers me for whatever reason.

I've run out of room in my barracks.  I hate sending home good "extra" units that have skills that are even remotely useful, just in case.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've run out of room in my barracks.  I hate sending home good "extra" units that have skills that are even remotely useful, just in case.

...I wonder if anyone's done a formal 'tier list' of units in terms of their benefits to skill inheritance. Mostly so we have a vague idea of where the least useful units sit in terms of 'still being useful'.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The worst smell is this putty stuff they use to make antibiotic beads to put into wounds.  I can handle the smell of gangrene, but that stuff's smell just really bothers me for whatever reason.

Expand your barracks with orbs

It's a waste but that's what's gonna have to happen. At least you have the luxury of having a bottom ton of units!

Spoiler

P̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...I wonder if anyone's done a formal 'tier list' of units in terms of their benefits to skill inheritance. Mostly so we have a vague idea of where the least useful units sit in terms of 'still being useful'.

Cordelia, Roy, Selena, Lon'Qu, Jagen, Gunter, Eliwood, Reindhart, Caeda, Hinoka, Abel, Sully, Frederick, Shanna, Setsuna, Subaki, Leo, Hinata, Arthur, Takumi, Hector, Odin, Tharja, Nino, Draug, Gwendolyn

Throw in Brave Weapon Holders, and GHB units(F Robin having exclusive BTB iirc)

Or something like that

Edited by JSND

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I̶ ̶k̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶

Now I feel like everyone is gonna have the 5 star borders. I think I might revert if it gets too prevalent heh

I'd probably be a 3* unit. 

"Jeez, I Pulled another Rezzy.  That's like the seventh one!"

Just now, Rezzy said:

I'd probably be a 3* unit. 

"Jeez, I Pulled another Rezzy.  That's like the seventh one!"

You better have some good skills, otherwise I'm sending you back to the hospital!

Just now, Arcanite said:

You better have some good skills, otherwise I'm sending you back to the hospital!

I'm a healer, and Heroes nerfed us.

28 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I feel that though. Part of the appeal for me was the uniqueness, but if everyone starts doing it then it'll lose that.

Not that I mind giving out the link to people that want it though. 

I may be a 1* though.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ryoma rocks! I love him and really want him. <3 Though I don't like that people call him lobster lord instead of porcupine lord. I get where the lobster lord thing comes from, but seriously, he looks more like a porcupine or hedgehog with that hair! He's porcupine lord/prince to me.

IS plz give us Ryoma focus soon.

Also, finally finished getting the Speed +1 seal for my Marth. I also finally got enough SP for male Robin to give him Draw Back and now he's loaded on skills. Funny how he's the first of my characters to have all his skill slots filled, I honestly thought it'd be Freddy for obvious reasons. XD

I have a vague recollection that Rey is the start of the lobster meme. And it just kinda stuck.

Did anybody ever cal Walhart Lobster Conqueror?

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I hate Xander as a character though and don't want to bother with him again. I only kept Bunny Xander because he was 5 star and is admittedly amusing. I also have a lot of red swords. Don't really NEED another right now. I just want Ryoma and Ike because they're so <3

I'll be a Rey and beseech you to rid yourself of preference and beg you to please try get Sander.

Sander is like a tank buddy with your Frederick with his 37 Def. Plus, you get to enjoy how wonderful distant counter is.

This Sander has a soft spot for Veronica, too. Maybe he is trying to redeem himself over killing X in Fates.

Well, unless you get Ryoma, I guess you can ditch Sander.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Xander supported by Jagen, Gunter, and Eliwood is going to be fun

Can't wait for Camus for the ultimate cavalry team.

Inb4 everybody use Firesweep Bow to deal with them.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Xander supported by Jagen, Gunter, and Eliwood is going to be fun

Jagen kinda sucks, and I have 2 so im giving his buff to my inevitable Blarblade Ursula. 

5 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

If Xander gets Quick Riposte at 4* that'll give me more reason to complete his lunatic map. Unless I get Quick Riposte folder, but I'll try it anyway.

Sander gets Armored Blow and Spur Def.

Like I said, tank buddy with Frederick.

Edited by pianime94

5 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Sander gets Armored Blow and Spur Def.

Oh. Thought his 9-5 skillset was his actual skillset (though i got Armored Blow right)

Edited by Zero1000

17 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I have a vague recollection that Rey is the start of the lobster meme. And it just kinda stuck.

Did anybody ever cal Walhart Lobster Conqueror?

I'll be a Rey and beseech you to rid yourself of preference and beg you to please try get Sander.

Sander is like a tank buddy with your Frederick with his 37 Def. Plus, you get to enjoy how wonderful distant counter is.

This Sander has a soft spot for Veronica, too. Maybe he is trying to redeem himself over killing X in Fates.

Well, unless you get Ryoma, I guess you can ditch Sander.

Actually, I do wonder why people never called Walhart a lobster, as he looks more like a lobster than Ryoma ever did, imo.

My Frederick has 39 def, actually. He's +def, remember? ;3 Anyway, I'm sorry, but I just don't want Xander. If he does have Quick Reposte and/or Armored Blow though, I might get him to dump those skills on Freddy. Quick Reposte sounds useful on slower characters.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, I do wonder why people never called Walhart a lobster, as he looks more like a lobster than Ryoma ever did, imo.

They did.

47 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

We'll if you're a healer, I can use you as fodder for my Serra. All hope is not lost!

47 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm a pegasus knight. Wonder if we're much better.

(...I wonder what our skills would actually be).

I'm a cat, and cats hunt mice. We're useful.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My Frederick has 39 def, actually. He's +def, remember? ;3 Anyway, I'm sorry, but I just don't want Xander. If he does have Quick Reposte and/or Armored Blow though, I might get him to dump those skills on Freddy. Quick Reposte sounds useful on slower characters.

Quick Riposte is arguably one of the best possible skills for slower, tankier units (which is exactly what Frederick is). 

I don't believe Xander comes with it, but I do know that Subaki does (and the new quests we just got give you a shot at getting a free Subaki). 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Quick Riposte is arguably one of the best possible skills for slower, tankier units (which is exactly what Frederick is). 

I don't believe Xander comes with it, but I do know that Subaki does (and the new quests we just got give you a shot at getting a free Subaki). 

QR is also very good for people in the 28-34 spd range. You use your speed tier to prevent doubles, and QR to double back. To use QR on a slow unit it has to be able to survive 2 hits, whereas a medium speed character only needs to survive a single hit.

I tried running the numbers for QR on Selena for a bit, but it ended up being not that great---41 speed is damn good of a speed tier, so renewal it is for the B-slot.

Yeah, it's also why I don't run QR on Ryoma--I run him at 42 buffed, so that doubles most things that matter. I guess swordbreakers are a thing, but if someone runs swordbreaker they aren't running green tome breaker. Or they're Sanaki in which case I'm p sure Ryo can just oneshot. 

Xander, though. I have a nice spare 4* Tsubaki wrapped up for him. I already have a 4* 40 Tsubaki with +Atk/-Res so I don't really need more, anyway.