Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Bartozio said:

Apparently there has been a typo in the game and you need a green tome user. I was quite suprised when I got it by using a Nino :).

Ooooh, that makes sense. I coincidentally used Julia on my main account with Sanaki xD 

I figured there was a glitch, but didn't know where. Thanks for letting me know :D I'll dig out a greenie to take along :)

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Honestly, I just read his supports, and I think he's kinda meh, too. Granted, I'm fairly sure that's most Binding Blade characters.

Klein is the Archery General of Etruria. Etruria is the Begnion of Elibe, and it has four generals (in the game, this is Douglas, Perceval, Cecilia and Klein). He has five supports, like most characters- except most of Klein's tend to put more focus on the other character. Tate's in love with him, Elphin is secretly Mildain, Perceval is a grouchy comrade (though that support had world-building), Dieck was an old mercenary that saved him from lions once, and Clarine is hopelessly in love with him.

Honestly, Klein is more famous for being a half-decent archer and his recruitment map being a pain in the butt. Also, he's the target of one of Fire Emblems incesty relationships (Klein/Clarine).

Probably, given that FE7 characters not named Sain or Fiora are pretty meh as well, imo.

Clarine is in love with him? That's disgusting, she's his sister! But I see...

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Probably, given that FE7 characters are pretty meh as well, imo.

Binding Blade was the first game to have Supports, so naturally, it took a while for them to get accustomed to it. I honestly think each game improved on the quantity of quality supports, especially since FE9 could make use of plot points more liberally.

It's exactly like Lachesis, more exaggerated than Eirika, and... you know, I started with Tellius, and I don't know if that game had any incestual undertones. Probably means it didn't, but considering incest doesn't bother me that much, you never know.

The game seems intent on screwing over my fliers. I only have 3 5* fliers and they all have pretty bad banes. First it was a -Spd Camilla. Then -Atk Minerva. Now -Atk Caeda. Yet all my other 5* units have good or okay natures. Why do this to me gacha?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Probably, given that FE7 characters not named Sain or Fiora are pretty meh as well, imo.

It really isn't the only case of this happening in a fire emblem game though.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Binding Blade was the first game to have Supports, so naturally, it took a while for them to get accustomed to it. I honestly think each game improved on the quantity of quality supports, especially since FE9 could make use of plot points more liberally.

It's exactly like Lachesis, more exaggerated than Eirika, and... you know, I started with Tellius, and I don't know if that game had any incestual undertones. Probably means it didn't, but considering incest doesn't bother me that much, you never know.

Ah, yeah, true that. And I started with Tellius too, sweet! PoR was my first FE game. But the closest we get to any incest implications there is Geoffrey x Elincia (raised as siblings, and the artbooks both all but confirm that they thought of each other this way). Sadly, it's actually canon.

@Bartozio It's still disgusting. And in FE4, at least it's a plot point instead of being forced or there for no reason.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Kiran said:

The game seems intent on screwing over my fliers. I only have 3 5* fliers and they all have pretty bad banes. First it was a -Spd Camilla. Then -Atk Minerva. Now -Atk Caeda. Yet all my other 5* units have good or okay natures. Why do this to me gacha?

I just rolled a -spd Clair, so I feel your pain </3 (also got a -atk Minerva back during the wyvern banner)

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ah, yeah, true that. And I started with Tellius too, sweet! PoR was my first FE game. But the closest we get to any incest implications there is Geoffrey x Elincia (raised as siblings). Sadly, it's actually canon.

@Bartozio It's still disgusting. And in FE4, at least it's a plot point instead of being forced or there for no reason.

I think the plot of FE4 would be fine without it though. At best it is used for Eldigan not wanting to kill her and being convinced to try to talk to his king again (no need for love, since he is conflicted about it anyway and most people don't want to kill their sister), and Lachesis rejecting someone (who she really didn't like for good reasons).

There's also Pricila and Raven from FE7 and Erika and Epraim from FE8 (might still be more as well). I don't really mind Geoffrey and Elincia actually, since they are not related by blood in any way (they may as well be childhood friends).

Also, @Kiran, is -SPD that bad on Camila, with her having a brave axe and all?

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

To be fair, Klein just views Clarine as a sister, so it's really entirely onesided on her part.

It may or may not be mutual with Thea/Tate though.

That's good to know. One thing that turns me off from FE6 is the lack of paired endings for characters other than Roy, and then Roy gets six of them, including one with Cecilia which is disgusting as well because she's far older than him while he's a kid, and she was his teacher and possibly a mother figure. This pairing just seems like if Ike got an ending with Titania or some crap like that.

I get that FE6 was the first game to have support convos and all, but if they could give Roy SIX possible wives, surely a few of those could've been ditched for other endings for other characters.

Well, I'm going to be busy today doing some important things (Easter dinner shopping, an appointment with a local college), so I'll have to train my new characters later.

Priority order though:

- Klein and Jeorge

- Lon'qu

- Adult Tiki

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

That's good to know. One thing that turns me off from FE6 is the lack of paired endings for characters other than Roy, and then Roy gets six of them, including one with Cecilia which is disgusting as well because she's far older than him while he's a kid, and she was his teacher and possibly a mother figure. This pairing just seems like if Ike got an ending with Titania or some crap like that.

I get that FE6 was the first game to have support convos and all, but if they could give Roy SIX possible wives, surely a few of those could've been ditched for other endings for other characters.

Yeah, if/when FE6 gets a remake they'll probably add more paired endings, particularly for supports that do involve outright confessing (Noah confessing to Fir, Thea to Klein) or very close to it (Gonzales and Lilina, for instance).

Though it's worth noting only the girl's ending changes if Roy marries someone, while Roy still has his untouched, and their endings are listed separately in the epilogue, unlike FE7 on where paired endings have both characters be listed in one ending.

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah, if/when FE6 gets a remake they'll probably add more paired endings, particularly for supports that do involve outright confessing (Noah confessing to Fir, Thea to Klein) or very close to it (Gonzales and Lilina, for instance).

Though it's worth noting only the girl's ending changes if Roy marries someone, while Roy still has his untouched, and their endings are listed separately in the epilogue, unlike FE7 on where paired endings have both characters be listed in one ending.

That would definitely be a good idea, though FE6's many chlid characters also turn me off. I know that not ALL playable characters are children, but too many are for my tastes.

11 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I think the plot of FE4 would be fine without it though. At best it is used for Eldigan not wanting to kill her and being convinced to try to talk to his king again (no need for love, since he is conflicted about it anyway and most people don't want to kill their sister), and Lachesis rejecting someone (who she really didn't like for good reasons).

There's also Pricila and Raven from FE7 and Erika and Epraim from FE8 (might still be more as well). I don't really mind Geoffrey and Elincia actually, since they are not related by blood in any way (they may as well be childhood friends).

I felt that Raven x Lucius was a bigger thing, honestly. And I never got any incest vibes from Eirika and Ephraim at all, though that could just be localization. Either way, it's still gross.

And so what if Geoffrey and Elincia are not actually blood siblings? I'm not blood related to my older brothers, we were only raised as siblings. Does that mean it wouldn't be looked down upon for me to marry one of them? No, definitely not. I've always viewed Geoffrey x Elincia the same way (at least from Elincia's end. Geoffrey just might LOVE love her, but that's up to interpretation/debate). Also, people complain about Corrin being able to marry his/her siblings in Fates too, despite being blood related to none of them (this was handled worse than Geoffrey x Elincia though, in all fairness).

This isn't a shipping thread though, so I'll end this here.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The incest is so prevalent in FE4 partially because the creators wanted the universe to more closely resemble real life medieval kingdoms from that era, in which incest was largely prevalent. This was mostly in royal houses because the families wanted to preserve the "royal blood" and prevent it from getting mixed with lesser "commoner blood". This also makes sense in the context of FE4 and major/minor blood.

Also, -spd isn't great on Camilla because you don't want her to be a Brave user in the first place. Camilla has an incredibly low attack stat for a Brave user, and if you compare her with a Brave Axe Cherche she's an inferior unit in almost every way. 

Camilla's primary strength lies in her speed, which is the one thing she has going for her over other wyverns not named Minerva, and I honestly think she benefits a lot more from casting the Brave Axe aside for a Silver or Emerald Axe. 

The main problem I have with Camilla is that she doesn't particularly excel in anything, and most of her niches can be done better by someone else.

If you want an offensive Brave wyvern, Cherche is far superior. If you want a speedy glass-cannon, Minerva is better. And she's not anywhere remotely as tanky as behemoths like Michalis. She's somewhere in the middle of everyone, and that's not where you want to be when FE is all about hyper specialization. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

30 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The incest is so prevalent in FE4 partially because the creators wanted the universe to more closely resemble real life medieval kingdoms from that era, in which incest was largely prevalent. This was mostly in royal houses because the families wanted to preserve the "royal blood" and prevent it from getting mixed with lesser "commoner blood". This also makes sense in the context of FE4 and major/minor blood.

Discussion of incest:

Spoiler

Err that sort of depends what you mean by incest.

Cousin mariage isn't that rare across the world and in some cases may be favored, and definitely can be present in noble lineages of the middle age as a result (although in some other cases the church used its influence to forbid any kind of wedding between blood related people).

FE4 features a lot of sibling incest (explicit or implied) beyond that. Some are part of its nature as a tragedy/drawing from mythology and some is just... fetish-y.

Medieval culture was not cool with sibling incest.

Very few cultures ever were, and when there were it was very specifically for royalty who were seen as godlike.

Edited by salinea

Just now, salinea said:

Err that sort of depends what you mean by incest.

Cousin mariage isn't that rare across the world and in some cases may be favored, and definitely can be present in noble lineages of the middle age as a result (although in some other cases the church used its influence to forbid any kind of wedding between blood related people).

FE4 features a lot of sibling incest (explicit or implied) beyond that. Some are part of its nature as a tragedy/drawing from mythology and some is just... fetish-y.

Medieval culture was not cool with sibling incest.

Very few cultures ever were, and when there were it was very specifically for royalty who were seen as godlike.

I mean, much of the incest in FE does happen within royalty, no?

In any case, I'm not trying to defend incest so much as explain why there's so much of it. 

19 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean, much of the incest in FE does happen within royalty, no?

In any case, I'm not trying to defend incest so much as explain why there's so much of it. 

discussions of incest:

Spoiler

I didn't think you were. I just think the topic deserves nuance. And i like that kind of cultural themes.

All the incest in FE4 happen in noble families because most of the cast is aristocrat.

And I said, not just royalty, but specifically for royalty who were seen as godlike. I don't think we have evidence that the characters in FE4 view themselves in that sort of fashion. I mean, once they're dead, they may worship their ancestors as divinities/saints-like being, yes; but as gods in the flesh while they're alive, in the style of ancient Egypt? I see no evidence of it in the text of the game. (Except Loptyr, but, you know...)

Edited by salinea

To be fair the instances of sibling incest in FE4 were:

Spoiler

Seliph and Julia, who had no idea they were related for quite some time.

Arvis and Dierdre, where one was brainwashed and the other ALSO had no idea until after Julia/Julius were born and after he found out simply stopped caring

Eldigan and Lachesis, where it was really onesided big brother worship for the most part.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

I'm sorry. Should we stop?

You could go on!

Don't let me stop you from doing whatever you want!

Spoiler

Besides it's only more entertaining for me anyway

*grabs popcorn*

I mean if you want to be disgusted by incestuous relationship theres actually an FE marriage that literally starts by mentioning they are sibling TWICE and ends with the male basically saying "im going to ask mom for her permission to marry you"

And he did it in the front of the girls father for maximum win.

Fates got NOTHING on that

Edited by JSND

10 minutes ago, JSND said:

I mean if you want to be disgusted by incestuous relationship theres actually an FE marriage that literally starts by mentioning they are sibling TWICE and ends with the male basically saying "im going to ask mom for her permission to marry you"

And he did it in the front of the girls father for maximum win.

Fates got NOTHING on that

Spoiler

That was Lief and Nanna right?

**FE4 Spoilers**

Just now, MrSmokestack said:
  Hide contents

That was Lief and Nanna right?

**FE4 Spoilers**

Its FE5 but yeah

The funny thing about incest relationship in this series is really how coincidentally, every single one of them that is fully 100% canon, so basically only the one from FE4 and the one from FE1 results in continent wide a disaster

29 minutes ago, JSND said:

Its FE5 but yeah

The funny thing about incest relationship in this series is really how coincidentally, every single one of them that is fully 100% canon, so basically only the one from FE4 and the one from FE1 results in continent wide a disaster

Obviously it's so the PR department can use this to argue that Nintendo's trying to say incest is bad instead of promoting it :P