Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Well sure I guess. But I'm focusing more on the Japanese text all by itself (and not in the middle of Japanese dialogue) and whether or not is is more eye-catching than English text (maybe if the English text is all in caps then yeah Englsh is more eye-catching. But for some reason "TOUCH" doesn't seem to be the case for me. I'm not sure why).

The problem with that approach is that (1) the context does matter and (2) the language background of the viewer also matters.

It's not the shape of the characters that matter so much as how they register in your mind. Heck, you can probably get a similar enough effect in English simply by making the word "Tap!" cursive. It's something you know how to read, but don't read often, on a screen full of otherwise completely normal things.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

How did you end up liking Oboro?

My first spear user in the game was Peri, and she wasn't doing it for me.

Then I got an Oboro

It was love at first sight <3

Then I looked up some support conversations.

It was love at first read <3

She's just so fricken epic y'know?

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

Seal skills are the greatest. You and @Arcanite are missing out. I don't care if I'm a square for liking them. I have seal def on two units and seal spd on one. If you position your units correctly, it basically guarentees a KO on your turn after you tank a hit.

So you're basically telling me that you're using THREE units (one for seal speed, one for seal def, one for finishing blow) to kill one person?

S̶q̶u̶a̶r̶e̶

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So you're basically telling me that you're using THREE units (one for seal speed, one for seal def, one for finishing blow) to kill one person?

S̶q̶u̶a̶r̶e̶

Haha of course not, that would be dumb. And I only use one of the seal def units at a time because they play similar roles. Assuming no doubling, it's fairly easy to solo a unit with two hits where one gets boosted damage (seal def) or three hits (seal spd). Ooooh, and if I put seal res on Effie I wouldn't even need a red unit to kill Hector! I must do it!

Edit: Oh, I see what you were getting at. No, you tank a hit first so that the seal is inflicted on their turn and so when your turn comes all the debuffs are in place before you even make a move.

Edited by immatx

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@DarkLordIvy My T-adept, swordbreaker Robin tanked both (technically all 4 of) her hits, and 2 shot her right after LOL

You'll find it funny that when I fought this Fir, it was a full red team. Male Robin just solo'd them all XF

Ha! I love seeing people throw teams of all one color into the arena. That is beautiful

On that note I should probably switch the bowbreaker I have on my male Robin for swordbreaker, seems like I'll probably get more overkill out of it

Just now, immatx said:

Ooooh, and if I put seal res on Effie I wouldn't even need a red unit to kill Hector! I must do it!

Seal res on Effie?

Are you kidding me?

Are you actually kidding me?

You'd rather give Effie a seal skill instead of Wary fighter? 

Wha...........

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

If only seal skills were better...

You know Guilty, I always thought you were cool. But this sentence has made my appreciation for you reach new heights. I thank you!

You and I can both teach immatx a lesson!

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

my male Robin for swordbreaker, seems like I'll probably get more overkill out of it

Once you go swords, you never go back! I guarantee it! :)

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Seal res on Effie?

Are you kidding me?

Are you actually kidding me?

You'd rather give Effie a seal skill instead of Wary fighter? 

Wha...........

Ahh, shoot, my bad. I was thinking they were slot C. Guess not then, what a shame. It would have been epic.

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I liked Oboro's crit quotes in Fates, like "You are so last season!"

I wonder if we'll ever get Nohrian Scum with Draconic Hex in this game. It sounds like it would be too good since it lowers all stats in FE14. If only seal skills were better...

Maybe a nerfed version of Draconic Hex with -2 to everything or something like that.

24 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I think Nintendo was trying to make her some sort of debuff unit. She is supposed to like, stand in front and lower res and/or defense for your other units to clean up the mess after. Unfortunately, seal skills stink and threaten skills are also nyeh.  

I really like Oboro's stat spread. Sadly I think Lukas now does anything Oboro can do better, especially +Def Lukas. Oboro does have much better Res, though...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

14 minutes ago, immatx said:

Seal skills are the greatest. You and @Arcanite are missing out. I don't care if I'm a square for liking them. I have seal def on two units and seal spd on one. If you position your units correctly, it basically guarentees a KO on your turn after you tank a hit.

The thing about seal skills is that they take up the B-slot, which is highly coveted, and doesn't do anything other skills can't do but better. Let me elaborate.

Right now, it sounds to me like your strategy is opponent hits you, they get sealed, next turn you finish them off. Okay that sounds great.

But let's say you had a -breaker skill or Quick Riposte. Then it would go like this: opponent hits you, you ORKO them on enemy phase, next turn you don't have to use your turn to finish the opponent and can do whatever.

With faster characters, they could have Desperation in that slot, which often allows them to kill off enemy units without retaliation on your first player phase, thus not needing a seal or needing to finish them off on the next turn.

This is all before getting into the utility offered by other skills, such as Wings of Mercy.

I wouldn't call seal skills bad per se; they certainly have their uses. But they're directly competing for a skill slot for numerous other skills that are, in my opinion, more useful overall. 

If the Arena meta were not focused on OHKOing/ORKOing enemies, seal skills might be a lot more useful. But given the current meta, I find that it's much better to go with skills that help you secure kills in a single turn rather than requiring two turns to finish someone off. 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Once you go swords, you never go back! I guarantee it! :)

Now I just need to summon Able, because I am not feather-rich enough to 5* Sully just for the sake of skill inheritance :'D

4 minutes ago, immatx said:

Ahh, shoot, my bad. I was thinking they were slot C. Guess not then, what a shame. It would have been epic.

Wow immatx

Just when I thought you were finally getting it

Tsk tsk tsk........

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I really like Oboro's stat spread. Sadly I think Lukas now does anything Oboro can do better, especially +Def Lukas. Oboro does have much better Res, though...

Yeah I saw. He also has innate killer lance too. I still like my bae though. O̶b̶o̶r̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶x̶e̶x̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶w̶a̶y̶

Just now, DarkLordIvy said:

Now I just need to summon Able, because I am not feather-rich enough to 5* Sully just for the sake of skill inheritance :'D

I just said screw it and used sully at 4 stars lol

5 minutes ago, immatx said:

You might be thinking of the Threaten Skills.  They're C slot.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The thing about seal skills is that they take up the B-slot, which is highly coveted, and doesn't do anything other skills can't do but better. Let me elaborate.

Right now, it sounds to me like your strategy is opponent hits you, they get sealed, next turn you finish them off. Okay that sounds great.

But let's say you had a -breaker skill or Quick Riposte. Then it would go like this: opponent hits you, you ORKO them on enemy phase, next turn you don't have to use your turn to finish the opponent and can do whatever.

With faster characters, they could have Desperation in that slot, which often allows them to kill off enemy units without retaliation on your first player phase, thus not needing a seal or needing to finish them off on the next turn.

This is all before getting into the utility offered by other skills, such as Wings of Mercy.

I wouldn't call seal skills bad per se; they certainly have their uses. But they're directly competing for a skill slot for numerous other skills that are, in my opinion, more useful overall. 

If the Arena meta were not focused on OHKOing/ORKOing enemies, seal skills might be a lot more useful. But given the current meta, I find that it's much better to go with skills that help you secure kills in a single turn rather than requiring two turns to finish someone off. 

Maybe I do have a bad strategy, but it seems to be working well with my team. I play based on baiting and counterattacks so I feel like seals work the best. Of course I know I'm in the minority here, so I won't try to convince y'all that my way is better.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You might be thinking of the Threaten Skills.  They're C slot.

I thought they were both slot C for some reason. Guess I need to re-visit the FE Heroes Skills page again lol.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Donnel is Obroro, except with more arena points. (Higher BST)

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I thought BST doesn't matter anymore? Also, he's Donnel.

BST still factors into score calculation, it's just that between unit types BST is equalized. (Cavalry and ranged units get a bonus, armor get a penalty).

Donnel has higher BST compared to other infantry, Donnel gives more score.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

BST still factors into score calculation, it's just that between unit types BST is equalized. (Cavalry and ranged units get a bonus, armor get a penalty).

Donnel has higher BST compared to other infantry, Donnel gives more score.

Ah, I see. But he's still Donnel.

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Donnel is Obroro, except with more arena points. (Higher BST)

But would you rather have a Pot head on your team, or a fashionista?

Both you and I know the answer to that question ;)