Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, DehNutCase said:

20% Str growth needs all the help she can get. (She's so lucky that bows are axes in Fates. The fact that Takumi exists means she'll be benched anyway, but still.)

Setsuna is actually pretty set with a steel forge, having a better speed base and growth as well as sniper promotion gains keeping her strength on par for most of the game. Generals are pretty much the only thing that hard walls her towards endgame, but even Takumi has issues with them anyway without a crit.

At least she doesn't need to be babied like Mozu

Fates in general is a good game to be a sniper in honestly.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Sniper would be crazy in that if its not Fire Emblem Birth "Kagero with 8 Magic can ORKO a late game mook" Right

If anything biggest flaw with Takumi and Setsuna is their lack of 1-2 weapons. Thats why Saizo and Ryoma is dabes

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Setsuna is actually pretty set with a steel forge, having a better speed base and growth as well as sniper promotion gains keeping her strength on par for most of the game. Generals are pretty much the only thing that hard walls her towards endgame, but even Takumi has issues with them anyway without a crit.

I gave Takumi Breaking Sky, and it activates so often it gets old. If he's not doing that he just crits. It's probably not optimal or whatever but it was still ridiculous lol.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I gave Takumi Breaking Sky, and it activates so often it gets old. If he's not doing that he just crits. It's probably not optimal or whatever but it was still ridiculous lol.

EWWW grinding skills for the easiest game in the series

Rend Heaven is the best proc skill in Fates so it's far from unoptimal actually.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

EWWW grinding skills for the easiest game in the series

Rend Heaven is the best proc skill in Fates so it's far from optimal actually.

Oh right it's called Rend Heaven. I mixed it up again with the moonrunes.

I actually used Basara Takumi until he get Rend Heaven. It was fair. :^)

38 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

She promotes to a sniper when she procs her special.

Could she stay that way?

32 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

What, you don't randomly sprout armor out of hammerspace when you attack with great power? :P

No, I gain a little, unnoticeable swish while my facial features change just a bit. :P

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I had residual back pain from 3 weeks ago when i slept on my boyfriend's dorm floor which is hard af even after piling a shitton of blankets on it

It doesn't affect how much I can twist but I think I might have to ask him for another back massage this weekend :B

Things I do for science

boi why is he making you sleep on the floor

also, so i don't get bashed for being  too off topic, i kind of want to bench Nino from my current offense team.

She's 4*+ and the current team offers no buffs for her because i have to use Faye. essentially all she's done the past 4 games is kill a Minerva and a Spring Lucina, and also Draw Back people to safety. if i had a dancer i could've done the same stuff. she's just seeming kind of average so far without buffs, and i don't go against many blues. the only thing i wanted her for was to kill Linde and S. Lucina, but now that i have to use Faye, Faye can do that with a dancer's help.

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wasn't this something Selena could do too? Get forged steel weapons and go to town on people?

I've yet to play any of the Fates games, but I really want to use Selena, so I looked up some stuff about her in Conquest. Also, something makes me want to marry Charlotte if I go with M!Corrin. Something about how it would be a terrible idea which is what compels me to want to do it.

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wasn't this something Selena could do too? Get forged steel weapons and go to town on people?

I've yet to play any of the Fates games, but I really want to use Selena, so I looked up some stuff about her in Conquest. Also, something makes me want to marry Charlotte if I go with M!Corrin. Something about how it would be a terrible idea which is what compels me to want to do it.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I don't know about Selena, but Charlotte is greatly desired as a support partner, like Arthur for Effie. I usually pair her with Xander for the mean Atk + Spd bonuses to go along with his movement and bulk, but I didn't use her as an actual unit personally.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If you're not using a dancer for Nino, you'll need a ton of buffs

If you don't have a ton of buffs, then I don't understand why you're using Nino in the first place, seeing as how that's the greatest thing about her lol.

I know you say you don't see too many blues, but if you give Nino a ton of buffs and desperation then you'll kill everything including reds. That's what I do anyway, giggity goo 

It's simple:

If you ain't gonna build a Nino team, then don't put Nino on your team!

Nino doesn't need a team built around her to be good though. A single attack buff is usually enough for her to get the KO's she needs, especially with her Linde-tier 46 / 36 offenses.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

also, so i don't get bashed for being  too off topic, i kind of want to bench Nino from my current offense team.

She's 4*+ and the current team offers no buffs for her because i have to use Faye. essentially all she's done the past 4 games is kill a Minerva and a Spring Lucina, and also Draw Back people to safety. if i had a dancer i could've done the same stuff. she's just seeming kind of average so far without buffs, and i don't go against many blues. the only thing i wanted her for was to kill Linde and S. Lucina, but now that i have to use Faye, Faye can do that with a dancer's help.

If you don't have a ton of buffs, then I don't understand why you're using Nino in the first place, seeing as how that's the greatest thing about her lol.

I know you say you don't see too many blues, but if you give Nino a ton of buffs and desperation then you'll kill everything including reds. That's what I do anyway, giggity goo 

It's simple:

Spoiler

She can still put in some good work without buffs though

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's simple:

Hide contents

She can still put in some good work without buffs though

yeah i'm finding this out now. i don't know why i had this glorified perception of her as being OP even without buffs. sigh, and except for Olivia none of my trained units have buffs/enough SP to get them, or i just want them to have a different C-slot/assist. i guess i am gonna take her off for now )8 

Spoiler

in before i get shredded by blues next time i play the arena

@r_n lol that's amazing. yeah she is definitely great against blues and can still kill lower to moderate res greens. she's definitely not bad. i guess i was kind of overhyped for her.

Edited by wizzard of soz

17 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

He isn't, we tried sharing the same bed before but both of us are the type who needs a ton of space and it's a tiny dorm twin bed so neither of us actually got sleep, usually i use the couch but someone else is over and i'd rather stay in his room even though there's another couch

and i thought i could do it because i slept on wooden floors fine, so I offered to, myself, but under that carpet is concrete and ouch

so i bought an airbed and shipped it to his dorm and we good

Edited by Thor Odinson

44 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Don't forget to arch your back and stick out your butt while you do it

That's something I didn't even notice until I drew it over, mainly because it's covered by the arm but it was the only thing plausible from that angle

My final conclusions:

• I'm nowhere near as flexible as I was back in college. Hoo boy.
  • My shoulders only turn like 60-70 degrees, but I tried to get as close as possible. I think I'm short about 10 degrees to pull it off completely.
  • Her left leg is too far forward to balance in this pose as a neutral pose, but I can pull it off if I start in a neutral pose and move though this one.
  • Basically, I locked the positions of everything from my hips up (that's the easy part), then let my legs follow through the step to turn around (and relax my upper body after reaching the halfway point). It more or less works, but the motion is definitely more exaggerated than you'd probably do for real in real life.

40 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, maybe it's just the back end of her outfit fluttering that's creating an illusion. Idk. She'd have to turn even more to not make it look like that. I'm not sure she can, but I guess Ice Dragon will show us the truth maybe.

No, the outline of her butt is just off. The left side needs to be rounder or the right side needs to be flatter. No getting around this one.

17 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I had residual back pain from 3 weeks ago when i slept on my boyfriend's dorm floor which is hard af even after piling a shitton of blankets on it

It doesn't affect how much I can twist but I think I might have to ask him for another back massage this weekend :B

Things I do for science

I've slept on my apartment floor for the past 4 and a half years. Just laid out 3 comforters on top of the carpet and called it a day. It's nice being able to walk over my bed instead of having to walk around it.

6 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah i'm finding this out now. i don't know why i had this glorified perception of her as being OP even without buffs. sigh, and except for Olivia none of my trained units have buffs/enough SP to get them, or i just want them to have a different C-slot/assist. i guess i am gonna take her off for now )8 

Reveal hidden contents

@r_n lol that's amazing. yeah she is definitely great against blues and can still kill lower to moderate res greens. she's definitely not bad. i guess i was kind of overhyped for her.

I honestly even used her against some reds. a maginuke is always pretty useful, a lot of enemies were juuuust slow enough to be doubled and had just the right amoun tof res so that, at the very least,s omeone could swoop in and finish the job.

I think I managed to do it, but didn't stick out my butt as much as Catria did because I would die.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, the outline of her butt is just off. The left side needs to be rounder or the right side needs to be flatter. No getting around this one.

I will not question your expertise on matters relating to this

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

My final conclusions:

• I'm nowhere near as flexible as I was back in college. Hoo boy.
  • My shoulders only turn like 60-70 degrees, but I tried to get as close as possible. I think I'm short about 10 degrees to pull it off completely.
  • Her left leg is too far forward to balance in this pose as a neutral pose, but I can pull it off if I start in a neutral pose and move though this one.
  • Basically, I locked the positions of everything from my hips up (that's the easy part), then let my legs follow through the step to turn around (and relax my upper body after reaching the halfway point). It more or less works, but the motion is definitely more exaggerated than you'd probably do for real in real life.

I've slept on my apartment floor for the past 4 and a half years. Just laid out 3 comforters on top of the carpet and called it a day. It's nice being able to walk over my bed instead of having to walk around it.

I'm also a bit less flexible than I used to be as a teenager so I know that feel, rip

We only had 1 comforter, though, since he's dorming and all, like now my airbed which is twin sized fits in the rest of his floor space and we have a hard time getting the door open if it's up

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I will not question your expertise on matters relating to this

I draw a lot (paper and pencil line art) and have a bit over 100 (I counted 90-something in my living room from where I'm sitting) 1/10-scale or larger anime figures in my apartment (with maybe another 50-100 still boxed because I've run out of shelf and table space).

Having a shitton of references is super useful.

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

He isn't, we tried sharing the same bed before but both of us are the type who needs a ton of space and it's a tiny dorm twin bed so neither of us actually got sleep, usually i use the couch but someone else is over and i'd rather stay in his room even though there's another couch

and i thought i could do it because i slept on wooden floors fine, so I offered to, myself, but under that carpet is concrete and ouch

so i bought an airbed and shipped it to his dorm and we good

oh no, not the tiny dorm beds. i understand everything now. 

i can't believe the concrete managed to conquer not only the carpet but the pile of blankets. though i'm imaging thick, puffy blankets. i've slept on the floor for like 1/3 of my life, and concrete still gets me every time. i even slept on top of a washer and drier once and it wasn't as bad.

this is good, bless

13 minutes ago, r_n said:

I honestly even used her against some reds. a maginuke is always pretty useful, a lot of enemies were juuuust slow enough to be doubled and had just the right amoun tof res so that, at the very least,s omeone could swoop in and finish the job.

yeah. so many non-mage units have pretty low res (at least relative to def), so a magic unit is always pretty great; a speedy magic unit is heck yeah. her chipping ability on reds though has been useless to me in arena so far, because if she chips there's always another unit following behind the enemy that'll come in and kill her after, or i don't have someone else in range to finish the job so the chipped enemy runs up and one-shots her )8 such a squishy kid

3 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

oh no, not the tiny dorm beds. i understand everything now. 

i can't believe the concrete managed to conquer not only the carpet but the pile of blankets. though i'm imaging thick, puffy blankets. i've slept on the floor for like 1/3 of my life, and concrete still gets me every time. i even slept on top of a washer and drier once and it wasn't as bad.

this is good, bless

It was 1 comforter and whatever thin blankets/towels/his bathrobe that we could find

concrete still went through it

thanks concrete

13 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

It was 1 comforter and whatever thin blankets/towels/his bathrobe that we could find

concrete still went through it

thanks concrete

As someone who would sleep on many hotel floors when going to gaming conventions (because who doesn't want to split a single hotel room 6+ ways to save money in college)... it's easy until concrete is involved.  Concrete kills.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The left side needs to be rounder or the right side needs to be flatter.

Giggity

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm nowhere near as flexible as I was back in college. Hoo boy.

Giggity goo?

38 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think I managed to do it, but didn't stick out my butt as much as Catria did because I would die.

Giggity

49 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

Reveal hidden contents

@r_n

If you want to use her to her full effect, Nino, Olivia, Sharena, (Sword Unit with reposition). That's the team I use. I only gave Sharena fortify speed.

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Giggity

Giggity goo?

Giggity

If you want to use her to her full effect, Nino, Olivia, Sharena, (Sword Unit with reposition). That's the team I use. I only gave Sharena fortify speed.

sounds doable for me, though my Sharena is so far behind. 3* level 11 or so and i'm trying to save feathers, rip. maybe sub my Nowi (only 4*, but...) in there? my Nino really doesn't need the speed and Nowi's res debuff could synergize nicely, ultimately resulting in more damage than the +4 spd, though better positioning is required. who has the Reposition skill innately? i've always wanted that skill but i feel like i've never seen it on anyone i've pulled.