Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I think it's telling that people have to go out of their way to try Catria's pose and still either fail or seem to be in pain from it. It's just not a natural pose that anyone stands in. I think the closest I've come is if I think I've sat on something and am trying to see if there's a stain on my trousers in the mirror without having to take them off. the pose is ugly and it just hurts to look at. I wish they'd stop drawing girls like this. I can't wait until my Catria is level 40 so I never have to see her level up screen again. I feel the same with female Corrin. Can't remember off the top of my head if any others have it in this game.

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

sounds doable for me, though my Sharena is so far behind. 3* level 11 or so and i'm trying to save feathers, rip. maybe sub my Nowi (only 4*, but...) in there? my Nino really doesn't need the speed and Nowi's res debuff could synergize nicely, ultimately resulting in more damage than the +4 spd, though better positioning is required. who has the Reposition skill innately? i've always wanted that skill but i feel like i've never seen it on anyone i've pulled.

Barst, Olwen, and Selena. 

EDIT: Ninja wishiwashi

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

sounds doable for me, though my Sharena is so far behind. 3* level 11 or so and i'm trying to save feathers, rip. maybe sub my Nowi (only 4*, but...) in there? my Nino really doesn't need the speed and Nowi's res debuff could synergize nicely, ultimately resulting in more damage than the +4 spd, though better positioning is required. who has the Reposition skill innately? i've always wanted that skill but i feel like i've never seen it on anyone i've pulled.

I say keep the +4 speed since it helps double Lyn, AND Lucina, among other high speed targets. 

And no, threaten skills are for squares. Use Sharena since she has fortify defense and a rally skill as well. If you have someone with rally speed or rally res, you can give her that so this way you have no overlapping buffs with Olivia since she already has hone attack

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I say keep the +4 speed since it helps double Lyn, AND Lucina, among other high speed targets. 

And no, threaten skills are for squares. Use Sharena since she has fortify defense and a rally skill as well. If you have someone with rally speed or rally res, you can give her that so this way you have no overlapping buffs with Olivia since she already has hone attack

well, remember that i'm the shitter that gave my Nino Darting Blow, which means 45 speed when she initiates (well, before i switched the speed seal to M Corrin). 

i will become one with the square, don't test me. i'd like to use her but i've already burnt a lot of feathers this week and i really want to save for a 5* promo. Nowi also has a rally so i'd wager she's pretty aight for a temporary replacement.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Selena, Barst, Olwen.

thanks. i have a Barst, so this is good.

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Like I said to GuiltyLove, if you have a flier team and/or give her quick riposte, then you're in the business

If you don't, I'd rather use Sharena and give away Luna to someone else.

Also I said she isn't too good. Didn't say she completely suck eggs lol

If you want to 5 star her, then that's good for you!

Oh whoops. I just came to this thread after reading a "Why Catria sucks" thread somewhere. I'm sure you know what I was thinking at that time.

Also for her skill, that's exactly what I plan for her to inherit. But I'm curious if I should also get her Iote's Shield (assuming I'll ever get another Michalis). Not really interested with Sharena despite needing an infantry lance user. But maybe one day. Just one day. (In like 3 million days)

The more I come back to these threads, I'm more and more busy. Dammit.

Just now, Falcom said:

Also for her skill, that's exactly what I plan for her to inherit. But I'm curious if I should also get her Iote's Shield (assuming I'll ever get another Michalis). Not really interested with Sharena despite needing an infantry lance user. But maybe one day. Just one day. (In like 3 million days)

Iote's Shield and other skills that negate effective bonuses are pretty overrated in my opinion. They don't reduce the damage your flier or armor takes; they just keep them from taking extra damage.

Aside from that, the A Passive slot contains a plethora of other skills that are much more valuable for offense--Death Blow, Life and Death, and even Triangle Adept just to name a few--while preventing effective damage doesn't really contribute to a unit's performance. If they're not getting hit, they won't benefit from the skill. But why would you let them get hit? And in higher-level arena, effective damage becomes less and less common so the skill wouldn't really come into play often to begin with.

The choice is yours at the end of the day though.

21 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Oh whoops. I just came to this thread after reading a "Why Catria sucks" thread somewhere. I'm sure you know what I was thinking at that time.

The reason why Iotes is good on Michalis is because hes beefy and doesn't take much damage against archers (of course, speed is a factor, but 35 defense [at 5 star] is wily). So Iotes on Catria is a little nyeh if you know what I mean. But if she's getting buffed by ward/fortify Cavalry, then Iotes is something to consider, since her defenses will get a "BEASHT BOOSHT" essentially turning her into a tank (really it turns anyone into a tank, but she's blue which = automatic red coverage)

^All assuming a flier team^

Iotes could still work without a flier team, but I'd rather give her something else like attack +3 or something (forgive me if this is bad advice, I don't know how to build g̶a̶r̶b̶a̶g̶e̶ Catria so you can ask others for help heh).

Edit: @MrSmokestack when you have your message typed up then your food comes at the door and your show comes on and you realized you forgot to send your post and someone else answers/replies but you can't see cause the page didn't update yet.

Edited by Arcanite

39 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Personally I like Catria's spread a lot. Very good skill-set for dueling (she abuses Seal-Attack, Armored Blow, and great bulk to make sure that even greens hit her for piddling damage while Luna and killer lance forces damage through).

It's a sort of 'jack-of-all-trades' spread that leaves her never the best at anything (Subaki has better sheer bulk, Cordelia has better offenses), but reasonably competent at tanking and damage anyway, making her amazingly easy to level. (After the first round, Armored Blow starts stacking with Seal Atk on the offense, meaning only the EP hit does anything to her.)

You won't see her cheesing GHBs like Subaki or sweeping teams like Cordelia, but you really can't go wrong with her. She's basically the Klein of Lancers, not exactly the very best, but good enough, and probably has the best kit 'out-of-the-box.'

I mean, she doesn't have any place on my current teams---which are very aggressive---but she can do a lot of work in a slower paced team.

Edited by DehNutCase

37 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Iote's Shield and other skills that negate effective bonuses are pretty overrated in my opinion. They don't reduce the damage your flier or armor takes; they just keep them from taking extra damage.

Aside from that, the A Passive slot contains a plethora of other skills that are much more valuable for offense--Death Blow, Life and Death, and even Triangle Adept just to name a few--while preventing effective damage doesn't really contribute to a unit's performance. If they're not getting hit, they won't benefit from the skill. But why would you let them get hit? And in higher-level arena, effective damage becomes less and less common so the skill wouldn't really come into play often to begin with.

The choice is yours at the end of the day though.

That is true I guess. But I at least wanted one flier who can at least take on Takumi. I suppose Minerva would fit because of her high attack plus desperation just in case. Yeah maybe Catria might not benefit Iote's Shield since even then her attack isn't as high as Minerva. This is just a thought. I'm not too sure in the first place anyways.

24 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Iotes could still work without a flier team, but I'd rather give her something else like attack +3 or something (forgive me if this is bad advice, I don't know how to build g̶a̶r̶b̶a̶g̶e̶ Catria so you can ask others for help heh).

Nah. I'll gladly take any advice (even if I didn't directly ask for it. lol). Death Blow/Attack +3 is certainly something to consider. But I wanted to try checking if there were any other noteworthy skills.

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally I like Catria's spread a lot. Very good skill-set for dueling (she abuses Seal-Attack, Armored Blow, and great bulk to make sure that even greens hit her for piddling damage while Luna and killer lance forces damage through).

It's a sort of 'jack-of-all-trades' spread that leaves her never the best at anything (Subaki has better sheer bulk, Cordelia has better offenses), but reasonably competent at tanking and damage anyway, making her amazingly easy to level. (After the first round, Armored Blow starts stacking with Seal Atk on the offense, meaning only the EP hit does anything to her.)

Yeah I read up on the wiki tier list for why she is good. I just wanted to have Catria on my team just cause I felt like it. Her stat spread is definitely fitting for her title.

Can't wait to try and recruit Zephiel. It's been too long. Plus another armored unit. Gonna take some time to look at his map. Anyone know what his stat spread is? Anything notable?

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Can't wait to try and recruit Zephiel. It's been too long. Plus another armored unit. Gonna take some time to look at his map. Anyone know what his stat spread is? Anything notable?

If the datamine is accurate, Zephiel is min/maxed to all hell. Dude's a beast.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

That is true I guess. But I at least wanted one flier who can at least take on Takumi. I suppose Minerva would fit because of her high attack plus desperation just in case. Yeah maybe Catria might not benefit Iote's Shield since even then her attack isn't as high as Minerva. This is just a thought. I'm not too sure in the first place anyways.

Nah. I'll gladly take any advice (even if I didn't directly ask for it. lol). Death Blow/Attack +3 is certainly something to consider. But I wanted to try checking if there were any other noteworthy skills.

Yeah I read up on the wiki tier list for why she is good. I just wanted to have Catria on my team just cause I felt like it. Her stat spread is definitely fitting for her title.

Anything notable? Try 72 health for one.

his full stats are in the Zephiel battle event thread on page 3 I believe.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Player-usable Zephiel has 55 HP.

Grand Hero Battle bosses have their stats boosted.

I know this bro.

Falcom said "Gonna take some time to look at his map" so I was telling the lad that he has 72 health in the battle :)

Spoiler

I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I know this bro.

Falcom said "Gonna take some time to look at his map" so I was telling the lad that he has 72 health in the battle :)

Reveal hidden contents

I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶

Except that Zephiel has 78 HP.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Except that Zephiel has 78 HP.

Yeah........

Of course he does...........

Spoiler

Gosh flipping darn it!

Spoiler

Now I just look like a moron........

Spoiler

This is never going to end is it? ;-;

22 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If the datamine is accurate, Zephiel is min/maxed to all hell. Dude's a beast.

Damn. Comparing him to Xander, Zephiel looks like a final boss.

23 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anything notable? Try 72 health for one.

his full stats are in the Zephiel battle event thread on page 3 I believe.

Ehh.... I hope it shouldn't be an issue if his Res is bad. I noticed he has Wary Fighter in that map. I wonder if swordbreaker at least allows me to double him. (I doubt it).
@Ice Dragon 78 Hp? Oh boy I'm in for a ride. Thanks for the heads up.

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Zephiel looks like a final boss.

Ehh.... I hope it shouldn't be an issue if his Res is bad. I noticed he has Wary Fighter in that map. I wonder if swordbreaker at least allows me to double him. (I doubt it).

Fitting, no?

Also, his res is 20, which means you'd need to have a blue mage with at least 82 atk (lol) to OHKO him (70 atk with Triangle Adept 3). 

Or you can just have a +Atk Reinhardt with Death Blow 3. 

Also, Swordbreaker would indeed cancel out Wary Fighter and allow you to double him, provided your speed is at least 5 higher than his (which seems to be 21). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just got this bad boy trained up.

Screenshot_20170419-230723_zpskd5j4tmp.p

Skills are Swap, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 2 and Spur Atk 2 (no SP for 3 yet). I have Reinhardt and whatnot, but I don't care; I'm gonna find SOME way to beat Zephiel with Windsweep.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Just got this bad boy trained up.

Screenshot_20170419-230723_zpskd5j4tmp.p

Skills are Swap, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 2 and Spur Atk 2 (no SP for 3 yet). I have Reinhardt and whatnot, but I don't care; I'm gonna find SOME way to beat Zephiel with Windsweep.

"I'm gonna find SOME way to beat Zephiel with Windsweep."

*Doesn't have Windsweep equipped*

Nice Alm though :D

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

"I'm gonna find SOME way to beat Zephiel with Windsweep."

*Doesn't have Windsweep equipped*

Nice Alm though :D

Well yeah, because I was training him up. D u h

QR is for Arena, but too bad I couldn't get my hands on 3.

I'm pretty sure your Ryoma (and a few other Fury Swords maybe) ORKOs my Alm, but whatever. I decided to use my -Def Alm instead of my -Atk one, which could someday bite me in the butt, but no point in thinking about that now lol.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well yeah, because I was training him up. D u h

QR is for Arena, but too bad I couldn't get my hands on 3.

I'm pretty sure your Ryoma (and a few other Fury Swords maybe) ORKOs my Alm, but whatever. I decided to use my -Def Alm instead of my -Atk one, which could someday bite me in the butt, but no point in thinking about that now lol.

So I actually checked, and yeah he can :P

A sword user would need 52 atk to ORKO your Alm (assuming they also double him, which most of them will), and my Ryoma has 53 lmao

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

So I actually checked, and yeah he can :P

A sword user would need 52 atk to ORKO your Alm (assuming they also double him, which most of them will), and my Ryoma has 53 lmao

Apparently the -Atk one would have won if merged. But the -Def one wins more matchups in general, so I went with that. Just gotta bring Reinhardt lol.