• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Is it just me or does this banner make literally zero sense? No Hector or Roy? Hell, not even a single FE6/7 character?

Frederick kills armors. Reinhardt kills armors. Nowi kills armors. Hana kills armors.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Frederick kills armors. Reinhardt kills armors. Nowi kills armors. Hana kills armors.

I think he meant that he wishes there was a banner character that fit for plot reasons rather than usage (similar to how Minerva was on the Michalis banner). 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I get the mechanics, but why not get story significance in there? Also, speaking of story, why the hell is Zephiel's title "The Liberator"? What has he ever liberated?

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I think he meant that he wishes there was a banner character that fit for plot reasons rather than usage (similar to how Minerva was on the Michalis banner). 

Perhaps people got annoyed at Caeda being in Battling Navarre despite being mostly useless when actually battling Navarre? Honestly, I'm glad we have 4 functional characters this time around instead of 3 functional characters and 1 flavor character.

Also, Hector would be a poor choice to ever put into a banner until Distant Counter has more distribution. It would reek of "here's your pay2win, now give us your money".

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

I get the mechanics, but why not get story significance in there? Also, speaking of story, why the hell is Zephiel's title "The Liberator"? What has he ever liberated?

Zephiel wanted to liberate the world of the foolishness of mankind by handing control of the world over to dragons. Roy stopped him.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Perhaps people got annoyed at Caeda being in Battling Navarre despite being mostly useless when actually battling Navarre? Honestly, I'm glad we have 4 functional characters this time around instead of 3 functional characters and 1 flavor character.

Also, Hector would be a poor choice to ever put into a banner until Distant Counter has more distribution. It would reek of "here's your pay2win, now give us your money".

Zephiel wanted to liberate the world of the foolishness of mankind by handing control of the world over to dragons. Roy stopped him.

It's not like Takumi was in the first set of banners or anything. :P

They could've gone with a much better title. Liberator makes him sound like a good guy.

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

It's not like Takumi was in the first set of banners or anything. :P

Close Counter is much less powerful than Distant Counter. Ranged units have an easier time dealing with melee units than melee units have dealing with ranged units.

2 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

They could've gone with a much better title. Liberator makes him sound like a good guy.

Zephiel was ambitious. Ambition is a good thing.

Right?

20 minutes ago, JSND said:

Didn't expect it to take this fast for Odin to return to my unit pool again

Fuck Reinhardt this is better

Reinhardt can literally OHKO 4/5 units on the Lunatic map idk what you're talking about

(Source: I literally just did that and have the screenshots to prove it)

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Reinhardt can literally OHKO 4/5 units on the Lunatic map idk what you're talking about

Odin would actually do amazingly well this GHB, he's fast enough that, with a +Spd boon and buff, he will double both mages to death (thanks to being blue vs. a blue and a red), and 2HKO the armors---because mage with Barblade vs. armor.

Even without a speed boon and buff, QR is basically mandatory on any counter-killing Odin build anyway, so it's not like he'll have trouble.

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Blarblade fodder > Any unit duh

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Odin would actually do amazingly well this GHB, he's fast enough that, with a +Spd boon and buff, he will double both mages to death (thanks to being blue vs. a blue and a red), and 2HKO the armors---because mage with Barblade vs. armor.

Even without a speed boon and buff, QR is basically mandatory on any counter-killing Odin build anyway, so it's not like he'll have trouble.

The problem is that he can't ORKO the armors without Swordbreaker or a dancer, and he won't be able to reach the OHKO threshold either with his low base attack.

That said, if you don't have other good blue mages, Odin is definitely still a solid choice, as you say. 

But there is a difference between "Odin is good too" and "Fuck Reinhardt this is better". I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find evidence supporting the claim that Odin is better than Reinhardt on this map (or in general, really). 

I just take slight personal offense because Reinhardt has put in some mad work for me while Odin has only disappointed.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

HOLY SHIT REINHARDT IS ON THE FOCUS BANNER

NO ONE SAW THIS COMING

TIME TO WHALE

Okay, I'll call you Reindhart's biggest fan from now on.

Plus, I just spent 20k feathers to upgrade my 4* Reindhart yesterday!

Edited by Lyrai

Just now, Lyrai said:

Okay, I'll call you Reindhart's biggest fan from now on.

It's really funny bc I never played Thracia, so my first exposure to Reinhardt was Heroes. 

I don't know if I'd say I'm his biggest fan (because he doesn't seem like the type of character that would be my fave personality-wise), but goddamn is he doing a really great job convincing me to love him in Heroes. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The problem is that he can't ORKO the armors without Swordbreaker or a dancer, and he won't be able to reach the OHKO threshold either with his low base attack.

That said, if you don't have other good blue mages, Odin is definitely still a solid choice, as you say. 

But there is a difference between "Odin is good too" and "Fuck Reinhardt this is better". I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find evidence supporting the claim that Odin is better than Reinhardt on this map (or in general, really). 

I just take slight personal offense because Reinhardt has put in some mad work for me while Odin has only disappointed.

Odin literally doesn't die with the proper set, it's just that the commitment for that set---which counter-kills 100+ units---is way to high. (You need to sac a Takumi and have at least a full time buff-bot Ephraim\Eirika on hand.)

He is, however, the hardest of the _Blade tomers to use at base, and even after inheritance, so I'd put him a tier or two below Nino and Tharja. (Rein belongs in around the same tier as Nino & Tharja.)

Off-topic Edit: Anyone else enjoy how happy Hana is in the banner image?

: D

(I know it's just her special attack image.)

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's really funny bc I never played Thracia, so my first exposure to Reinhardt was Heroes. 

I don't know if I'd say I'm his biggest fan (because he doesn't seem like the type of character that would be my fave personality-wise), but goddamn is he doing a really great job convincing me to love him in Heroes. 

I-It's fine! It's okay... though I do think he's... attractive.

Still mourning over the 20k feathers I spent for him. Huhuhu~ :>_<:

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Odin literally doesn't die with the proper set, it's just that the commitment for that set---which counter-kills 100+ units, is way to high. (You need to sac a Takumi and have at least a full time buff-bot Ephraim\Eirika on hand.)

He is, however, the hardest of the _Blade tomers to use at base, and even after inheritance, so I'd put him a tier or two below Nino and Tharja. (Rein belongs in around the same tier as Nino & Tharja.)

Oh, I'm not denying Odin's worth at all! I just wouldn't be quick to call him better than Reinhardt, especially given the amount of investment and team support needed to make him do well and also especially on this map, which favors OHKOs that Odin can't quite get. 

I do want to make it clear that I don't dislike Odin though.

EDIT: @Lyrai nah it's time to go for the +10 :P

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Reinhardt is probably the Camus of Thracia. That should give you a rough idea.

Also, he's so annoying to fight in Thracia, that the game basically gives you a Warp staff and tells you to go around him. Heroes lets you strike that fear into your enemies.

Spoiler

As Ishtar's biggest fan, I have mixed feelings about him.

20 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Reinhardt is probably the Camus of Thracia. That should give you a rough idea.

Also, he's so annoying to fight in Thracia, that the game basically gives you a Warp staff and tells you to go around him. Heroes lets you strike that fear into your enemies.

@MaskedAmpharos

Mmm. Olwen and Reindhart are siblings. They are together for a while as brother and sister, until the two go on separate paths, each for their own reasons. For Olwen, she defected to Leif's army because of her discovery of the children; the victims of the child hunts, in her own country. Leif's Liberation Army then comes across Reindhart in the late game, who valiantly fought for Ishtar, and against Leif's army, loyal till the very end. (Thus the Camus archetype) Reindhart would try to bring her to his side if Olwen were to talk to him, but to no avail. He will give Olwen a Holy Sword as his parting gift. Both Olwen and Reindhart has their own Dire Thunder, and is a Prf weapon, and such it cannot be inherited.

Edited by Lyrai

@MaskedAmpharos Anyway to make it clear, i don't really say "Odin is better" because i think he's better than Reinhardt

I said that because while i consider Reinhardt really good(if i make a Tier, he's honestly the only combat unit i'd put on the same tier as Dancers), i highly value SI fodder and Odin is a blarblade fodder. Both are a good pull, but as it stands now, Odin is my preffered pick of the two because of this