Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Arcanite said:

My Olivia is +Spd too lol

Also, you should try to put a tome user on our team. That's probably why you haven't got any wins. Tome user go a long way when it comes to fighting those who have high defense but low res, even though all of your people have monstrous attack

If I get Ike, I wouldn't really bother getting aether since he can proc Luna even faster.

Also, the best way to grind a level 40 unit's SP is spamming 8th stratum. The units are easy enough to fight, but high enough to get SP from EZPZ

I was using male Robin before. Didn't make much of a difference.

And seriously? When Aether can heal a ton of HP and proc fast anyway with Heavy Blade? I'm glad I got it. I don't regret it. It's saved Ike a number of times and let him get more SP or levels.

And yeah, I spam the 8th, 9th, or 10th stratums depending on which has the best matchup.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

My highest is 287 ;)

What determines the defense score anyway?

Depends on the highest rating of the team that lost to your defense team. I think having more of your units alive when winning improves the score, but someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

My highest is 287 ;)

Gosh darn it

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

What determines the defense score anyway?

I don't know for sure, I believe its Stat total combined with how many units survive after the enemy loses. (Don't quote me on that lol)

Just now, Anacybele said:

And yeah, I spam the 8th, 9th, or 10th stratums depending on which has the best matchup.

10th stratum?

Yeah I wouldn't do that for SP

The enemies there are a little too absurd for that, plus you'll have a higher chance of slaughtering everything in 8th

also, make sure you refresh the maps so this way you won't have to do something hard for no reason

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Depends on the highest rating of the team that lost to your defense team. I think having more of your units alive when winning improves the score, but someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Rating? Like the total BST? That seems different from the offense rankings though, with scores being like 680+ usually

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

That seems different from the offense rankings though, with scores being like 680+ usually

680 with a bonus unit! without the bonus unit its a lot less than that

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Rating? Like the total BST? That seems different from the offense rankings though, with scores being like 680+ usually

Because offense ranking also takes other factors into account like your own team's BST, merge levels, skills, and whether or not you have a bonus unit.

Defense takes none of those into account.

Also @Anacybele for a gacha game, I think having enough for a 5* every 3-4 weeks is perfectly reasonable. Increasing the rate too much hurts the longevity of the game.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

10th stratum?

Yeah I wouldn't do that for SP

The enemies there are a little too absurd for that, plus you'll have a higher chance of slaughtering everything in 8th

also, make sure you refresh the maps so this way you won't have to do something hard for no reason

Ha, Ike is so amazing that he eats even the 10th stratum for breakfast when it's just axes and/or swords or a colorless or two. :P I've got Olivia and Sakura helping to keep him upright as well. Between them and Aether, he's not low on HP much!

And of course.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

One 5* unit of your choice per month is pretty reasonable, actually. Gacha is fickle and can dump a bunch of 5* on you or give you 5 3* sessions six times in a row. 20,000 is steep, but the limiting factor is justified considering the premium currency. It was mainly an issue during release time when people chose not to reroll and were frustrated by the lead the reroller's and P2Per's had over them Day One.  By now the rosters of most people who've been playing since release are pretty sizeable, so new 5* units aren't needed per se as much as they are wanted.

Agreed.

And I'm one of the people that didn't start out with any 5 stars. While I had the capability of rerolling, I did not.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Ha, Ike is so amazing that he eats even the 10th stratum for breakfast when it's just axes and/or swords or a colorless or two. :P I've got Olivia and Sakura helping to keep him upright as well. Between them and Aether, he's not low on HP much!

And of course.

Quick Reposte 3 (which happens pretty often) triangle adept blues will eat him for breakfast. Running into a Reinhardt would end him pretty fast.

There's no point in the 10th stratum other than quests, your daily 1st win of the day crystals, or farming for hero merits.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

And I'm one of the people that didn't start out with any 5 stars. While I had the capability of rerolling, I did not.

It took me a week to get one

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well Ike is a lot more busted than I thought then heh heh

Mommy, I want one

@Anacybele Could it be that people are just deciding not to fight you? What if you put someone unassuming as the lead unit so people will get duped into thinking your team's harmless. (Since, Jeorge is probably the reason I'm getting a few defence wins every season... no one needs to know Reinhardt, and Olivia are hiding behind him bwahahaha) 

My first 5 star is a day 2 and it was Sheena

Shit was painful until Roy saved me from Despair

Kinda sad my understanding of  feather sources did not kick in much earlier so i only had 2 evolve 5* atm

Edited by JSND

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Agreed.

I didn't reroll either. My very first pull was a 4* Jeorge who sat on my team for a great deal of the campaign maps all the way through the end of Lunatic, but I made sure to make him my first promotion to make it extra-special.

Though that's mainly a combination of ignorance and pulling 3 5* units within my first ten or so pulls so it's not like I had to

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Quick Reposte 3 (which happens pretty often) triangle adept blues will eat him for breakfast. Running into a Reinhardt would end him pretty fast.

There's no point in the 10th stratum other than quests, your daily 1st win of the day crystals, or farming for hero merits.

That's why I don't pick the 10th stratum if it has blues? If it has a blue lance, sometimes Ike can take them, but I usually have Frederick take care of that one.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It took me a week to get one

Well Ike is a lot more busted than I thought then heh heh

Mommy, I want one

Yes, he is! I would say he's a little OP, but he does get wrecked by people like Reinhardt as SOC pointed out. However, I'd say a blue mage is the only solid counter to him. A blue lance with good inheritance can also potentially kill him, but that's harder to accomplish with his high def and taking Aether and a dancer/assist skill like Reposition or Swap into account.

But yeah, oh my god the days when I had no 5 stars was painful. I never thought to re-roll at the beginning. Then for the longest time Frederick was my only 5 star because I STILL couldn't get lucky in summons. And now I have eight 5 star characters!

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, komasa said:

@Anacybele Could it be that people are just deciding not to fight you? What if you put someone unassuming as the lead unit so people will get duped into thinking your team's harmless. (Since, Jeorge is probably the reason I'm getting a few defence wins every season... no one needs to know Reinhardt, and Olivia are hiding behind him bwahahaha) 

She has Frederick as her lead last I checked, so I doubt that's it. 

It's just that multicolored all/mostly melee teams have a hard time doing well on defense :/

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

She has Frederick as her lead last I checked, so I doubt that's it. 

It's just that multicolored all/mostly melee teams have a hard time doing well on defense :/

Ike is my lead now though. lol Though more because favoritism and him greeting people on my friends list. But yeah, maybe because he's so strong, that turns people away from challenging me.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's why I don't pick the 10th stratum if it has blues? If it has a blue lance, sometimes Ike can take them, but I usually have Frederick take care of that one.

The point is, Ana: At the end of the day, Ike is a 5 star unit as much as any others with weaknesses and strengths.

A Felicia can one shot him with an Ice Point skill. Or a Takumi with desperation.

He is essentially Ryouma with Aether.

Ike doesn't turn away any people that are prepared for him. Especially those with magic blues. I've run into a few advanced Ike leads and say "easy win" with Sacrifice Desperation Linde.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Lilina at 843 HM, Michalis at 840. Gods, it's tedious with 9 stamina a pop.

Michalis needs 160 more HM for the next portion of feathers. At 4.6 HM per 10th stratum 4v4 battle, it will take 35 battles.
Each battle costing 9 stamina requires 45 minutes to recharge, 1,575 minutes overall. 26 hours 15 minutes. Humanity is grotesque.

Ike doesn't turn away any people that are prepared for him. Especially those with magic blues. I've run into a few advanced Ike leads and say "easy win" with Sacrifice Desperation Linde.

Swordbreaker Sharena skewers him on her Fensalir, I'm pretty sure too.

Edited by Vaximillian

The point is, Ana: At the end of the day, Ike is a 5 star unit as much as any others with weaknesses and strengths.

A Felicia can one shot him with an Ice Point skill. Or a Takumi with desperation.

He is essentially Ryouma with Aether.

I know Ike has his weaknesses, I just pointed out that you are correct to say that Reinhardt and other blue mages wreck him... And yes, I know that. But I still have not run into much trouble at all with the 10th stratum when it has swords, axes, and a colorless or two. The colorless are more often healers anyway.

@MrSmokestack Not really. I believe it's one of the best skills in the game, if not THE best. But we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by Anacybele

Ike is just sad since he would've been definitely one of the most OP unit had he is part of the starting pool. Heck i give him as late as Sibling Bonds 2 or Blazing Shadows whichever is later where he stays as the undisputed #4 unit in the game

I don't think he's all that OP right now, but i can't think off other non Reinhardt unit who is so good from the get go the way Ike is

Edited by JSND

Ike is just sad since he would've been definitely he most OP unit had he is part of the starting pool. Heck i give him as late as Sibling Bonds 2 or Blazing Shadows whichever is later where he stays as the undisputed #4 unit in the game

I train units on 10th all the time, so I don't really see the issue here. 8-10 is more or less the same, so I just go for whichever my trainee has a better color matchup against. 

Also @Anacybele the general consensus is that 5 cd (or even 4 cd) skills are unfavorable compared to their 3 cd counterparts because the extra power isn't worth the extra turn it takes to charge. Just think of how many times Aether procs in match. No more than 1-2 times in a standard Arena match, right? Whereas an Ike with Quick Riposte (or just fighting someone he doubles) can activate Bonfire or Draconic Aura every single round of combat with Heavy Blade, and most people prefer getting a skill proc every round of combat than every other or every third round of combat.

To each their own though. If you like Aether best, then by all means keep Aether. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I train units on 10th all the time, so I don't really see the issue here. 8-10 is more or less the same, so I just go for whichever my trainee has a better color matchup against. 

Also @Anacybele the general consensus is that 5 cd (or even 4 cd) skills are unfavorable compared to their 3 cd counterparts because the extra power isn't worth the extra turn it takes to charge. Just think of how many times Aether procs in match. No more than 1-2 times in a standard Arena match, right? Whereas an Ike with Quick Riposte (or just fighting someone he doubles) can activate Bonfire or Draconic Aura every single round of combat with Heavy Blade, which most people like better. 

To each their own though. If you like Aether best, then by all means keep Aether. 

10th stratum has sometimes stupid spreads of minmax stats and skills.

Pretty sure I've run into a Hector buff stack Armor team with at least two with distant counter and quick reposte that theorycrafters that aren't whales only dream of.

Edited by shadowofchaos