Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

All right, so as it turns out, my most feared blue unit is Azura.

Reinhardt? Pshaw, Robin makes mincemeat out of him. But Azura? Cain just zips to the other side of the map and Kleins my Klein.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

All right, so as it turns out, my most feared blue unit is Azura.

Reinhardt? Pshaw, Robin makes mincemeat out of him. But Azura? Cain just zips to the other side of the map and Kleins my Klein.

Dancers are a lot easier to deal with once AI prediction gets better. I used to get trashed because I always assume the dancer plays optimally (meaning my 'safe spots' get narrower and narrower as the enemy team approaches, and it's hard to attack from the safe spots when the enemy doesn't move as far forward as I expected), these days I just take a bit of a risk after seeing the first turn order. (If Dancer goes after another unit, I just assume it'll always do that unless I leave someone in range. It'll probs bite me in the ass on occasion, but playing 100% safe just means I'm 100% screwed with my current lineup.)

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Dancers are a lot easier to deal with once AI prediction gets better. I used to get trashed because I always assume the dancer plays optimally (meaning my 'safe spots' get narrower and narrower as the enemy team approaches, and it's hard to attack from the safe spots when the enemy doesn't move as far forward as I expected), these days I just take a bit of a risk after seeing the first turn order. (If Dancer goes after another unit, I just assume it'll always do that unless I leave someone in range. It'll probs bite me in the ass on occasion, but playing 100% safe just means I'm 100% screwed with my current lineup.)

...Better boot up Sharena soon, then. Or Lukas, one of the two.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Better boot up Sharena soon, then. Or Lukas, one of the two.

Neither of those help against the people I have problems with. (Melee infantry are never a problem even with dancer support. Mages are annoying as hell since Klein has -Spd, meaning everyone and their grandmothers double him. Horses come in two varieties: food and horse emblem, horse emblem horses destroy Lukas and Sharena since they have either amazing bulk or offenses---not both, fortunately, meaning Cordelia tends to sweep without problems. Food is food.)

I have Zephiel for bait duty this season, anyway. (Wary Fighter does work.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Neither of those help against the people I have problems with. (Melee infantry are never a problem even with dancer support. Mages are annoying as hell since Klein has -Spd, meaning everyone and their grandmothers double him. Horses come in two varieties: food and horse emblem, horse emblem horses destroy Lukas and Sharena since they have either amazing bulk or offenses---not both, fortunately, meaning Cordelia tends to sweep without problems. Food is food.)

I have Zephiel for bait duty this season, anyway. (Wary Fighter does work.)

In my case, Klein and Demelza make up my best, while I want a dedicated red-counter. I imagine this will be Sharena as soon as I get Swordbreaker-fodder and finish up her levelling. Right now, Effie is serving in her place, and while she nukes any unit she reaches, it's hard to hurriedly send her to patch some hole.

My Klein is +Spd -Res. I'd imagine his most favoured nature is +Atk -Def, but this one does him well.

In my case, Klein and Demelza make up my best, while I want a dedicated red-counter. I imagine this will be Sharena as soon as I get Swordbreaker-fodder and finish up her levelling. Right now, Effie is serving in her place, and while she nukes any unit she reaches, it's hard to hurriedly send her to patch some hole.

My Klein is +Spd -Res. I'd imagine his most favoured nature is +Atk -Def, but this one does him well.

I imagine running Swap on a few of your units would let Effie move a lot quicker. (A 2 move unit with swap next to any other unit gives the other unit an effective +1 to move, since it can swap 1 square forward in all 4 directions. Reposition is occasionally better, but swap is the most reliable.)

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

I imagine running Swap on a few of your units would let Effie move a lot quicker. (A 2 move unit with swap next to any other unit gives the other unit an effective +1 to move, since it can swap 1 square forward in all 4 directions. Reposition is occasionally better, but swap is the most reliable.)

...Finally, something to spend SP on for Klein (would you believe me if I told you he's still running Brave Bow+, Glacies and Death Blow?). Demelza's got Reposition and Effie herself has Swap while Lissa's stuck with Rehabilitate. There is plenty of Swap fodder for Klein, but I imagine the other inheritance slots will be wasted unless I really think Lancebreaker's a good idea for the team. Because Obstruct and Quick Riposte are hardly going to help.

At any rate, Sharena still wants to be on the defence team unless I switch to Armour Emblem- or consider replacing someone other than Effie with Hector. Two armours on defence are better than one, right? (Probably not, but it's an option).

4 hours ago, r_n said:

more heal specials would be nice in general, but harsh command special would actually be pretty interesting, if niche. Especially if it still kept the balm effect of applying to the entire party.

True, more variety in healer skills are really needed.

Maybe something like, a healing effect that prevents the target unit from being doubled for one turn.

Or an effect that adds a delayed healing effect on your target at the end of Enemy phase.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Demelza

I'm assuming this is a European localization name, but who in blazes is Demelza?

Keeping track of localization differences is such a pain.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm assuming this is a European localization name, but who in blazes is Demelza?

Keeping track of localization differences is such a pain.

That's my own self-differentiating term for Robin (F). Being a fan of both makes it a pain to specify gender.

I tend to not use that here, though. Wonder what was going through my mind when I did?

42 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That's my own self-differentiating term for Robin (F). Being a fan of both makes it a pain to specify gender.

I tend to not use that here, though. Wonder what was going through my mind when I did?

Why Demelza?  I've seen Robyn, but the other isn't innately obvious.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Why Demelza?  I've seen Robyn, but the other isn't innately obvious.

It's a Harry Potter reference, of all things.

While reading the Half-Blood Prince, I was paying a lot of attention to the minor characters names (for some reason), and the new Chaser Harry chooses, Demelza Robins, stuck out to me. I marked the name for future reference whenever I needed to name some female in my own stories... and the next time I needed a name was for an Awakening story that featured both Robins. I later recalled her surname was Robins in the first place.

It takes a brave soul to follow my train of thought.

Spoiler

EhLhJIx.png?1

Finally got LoD 3 on him, so happy :D Just need Ardent Sacrifice when it comes. I do really like Reposition on him atm, since as an archer he's usually in a good place to either pull units out of danger or bring units forward. 

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

...Finally, something to spend SP on for Klein (would you believe me if I told you he's still running Brave Bow+, Glacies and Death Blow?). Demelza's got Reposition and Effie herself has Swap while Lissa's stuck with Rehabilitate. There is plenty of Swap fodder for Klein, but I imagine the other inheritance slots will be wasted unless I really think Lancebreaker's a good idea for the team. Because Obstruct and Quick Riposte are hardly going to help.

At any rate, Sharena still wants to be on the defence team unless I switch to Armour Emblem- or consider replacing someone other than Effie with Hector. Two armours on defence are better than one, right? (Probably not, but it's an option).

Considering Brave Bow+ and Death Blow are good skills, yes.

Glacies... eh, he's not really reliant on his proc for damaging things, so it doesn't matter too much.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Considering Brave Bow+ and Death Blow are good skills, yes.

Glacies... eh, he's not really reliant on his proc for damaging things, so it doesn't matter too much.

The reference was more about the fact that he's running three of his four default skills, one of which required no investment on my part and another which provides the occasional British quip when I'm watching with animations.

I really want to give him more passives.

The reference was more about the fact that he's running three of his four default skills, one of which required no investment on my part and another which provides the occasional British quip when I'm watching with animations.

I really want to give him more passives.

Klein's default set is pretty good just in general, so yeah.

I currently have him running Hone Attack 2 and Draw Back in addition to the default Brave Bow+/Glacies/DB3/QR3.

The former just for some extra utility and the latter because Brynhildr fun times.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I currently have him running Hone Attack 2 and Draw Back in addition to the default Brave Bow+/Glacies/DB3/QR3.

The former just for some extra utility and the latter because Brynhildr fun times.

Wait, does he actually like Quick Riposte? I'm so used to thinking of him as a Player Phase only button, I didn't bother spending SP on that.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Wait, does he actually like Quick Riposte? I'm so used to thinking of him as a Player Phase only button, I didn't bother spending SP on that.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Quick Riposte is pretty poor on Klein because he lacks the bulk to make good of it on enemy phase. Why tank and counterkill when you can delete things on your turn, for that matter?

Swordbreaker or another Weaponbreaker works great as his B skill.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I'm not really sure what else I can give him.  He can usually soak up one non-brave hit and be bait for a ranged unit.  It's more or less "Don't know what else to put here and I'm swimming in SP anyway because he's so key to my Arena team"

Maybe I can try giving him a Breaker, but idk which one.  I know that Leo currently has priority for being given Swordbreaker whenever I get a dupe Abel to ensure he KO's Ike, but idk.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Quick Riposte is pretty poor on Klein because he lacks the bulk to make good of it on enemy phase. Why tank and counterkill when you can delete things on your turn, for that matter?

Swordbreaker or another Weaponbreaker works great as his B skill.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

I'm not really sure what else I can give him.  He can usually soak up one non-brave hit and be bait for a ranged unit.  It's more or less "Don't know what else to put here and I'm swimming in SP anyway because he's so key to my Arena team"

Maybe I can try giving him a Breaker, but idk which one.  I know that Leo currently has priority for being given Swordbreaker whenever I get a dupe Abel to ensure he KO's Ike, but idk.

Figured it was odd.

And yeah, I remember wanting to give him a breaker. Between [blue unit] and Robin, I'm not sure what colour scares me the most such that I really want Klein to have it. Besides, I imagine Sharena has dibs on Swordbreaker.

Axebreaker, maybe?

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Figured it was odd.

And yeah, I remember wanting to give him a breaker. Between [blue unit] and Robin, I'm not sure what colour scares me the most such that I really want Klein to have it. Besides, I imagine Sharena has dibs on Swordbreaker.

Axebreaker, maybe?

Klein isn't fast enough to negate Hector's Armads and double him. Not that you'd want him attacking Hector in the first place, anyway.

Tomebreaker is superfluous because he ORKO's all squishies to begin with, -Raven notwithstanding. I haven't run calcs to see if Lancebreaker is worthwhile, just so you don't have to burn multiple swordbreakers for redundant coverage on a team.

Lancebreaker or Swordbreaker are my picks.

EDIT: Axebreaker negates Quick Riposte but Klein still wouldn't double because he isn't fast enough.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Klein isn't fast enough to negate Hector's Armads. Not that you'd want him attacking Hector in the first place, anyway.

Tomebreaker is superfluous because he ORKO's all squishies to begin with, -Raven notwthstanding. I haven't run calcs to see if Lancebreaker is worthwhile, just so you don't have to burn multiple swordbreakers for redundant coverage on a team.

Lancebreaker or Swordbreaker are my picks.

I remember Hector being the only unit that Klein dies to if he attacks first (using the mass calculator).

At any rate, this all started because someone suggested I give Klein Swap, and what do you know? I have spare Arthurs. Guess Arthur really is the Swap fodder to burn.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I remember Hector being the only unit that Klein dies to if he attacks first (using the mass calculator).

At any rate, this all started because someone suggested I give Klein Swap, and what do you know? I have spare Arthurs. Guess Arthur really is the Swap fodder to burn.

Draw Back is better for ranged units though. Swap is fine on Klein's teammates since they can move him out of enemy range, but Klein can't really do anything after he's made his attack for the turn.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Draw Back is better for ranged units though. Swap is fine on Klein's teammates since they can move him out of enemy range, but Klein can't really do anything after he's made his attack for the turn.

Then again, the Swap discussion was for when [blue] is Effie. This Breaker one assumes Sharena.