Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Using arena to grind your units in an FE game

Casual

Isn't FE4 arena more forgiving than in other titles? If you lose your unit only drops to 1 HP instead of dying.

A key detail about the arena in FE4 is that it only offers seven battles per character per chapter, and chapters in FE4 are much longer and less numerous than in other games. (Like in FE2.) So you can't just do unlimited grinding like in other games; it's more just a basic part of training your characters and getting them money depending on how many of the battles they're strong enough to clear.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Anyone squeezing in this month's quests at the last minute?

The only quest I was unnable to do was the Armor Emblem, everything else was done, but that one quest... Ugh... It was impossible when the only armors I have in good lv are Effie and Zephiel and the game keep throwing me with mages and enemies with armorslayer/heavy spears .

But it was a fun month, doing the Flyer Emblem and Horse Emblem quest... I know have a lv40 Subaki, Frederick, Ursula and Catria thanks to it, can't wait for next quest!

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Anyone squeezing in this month's quests at the last minute?

The only quest I was unnable to do was the Armor Emblem, everything else was done, but that one quest... Ugh... It was impossible when the only armors I have in good lv are Effie and Zephiel and the game keep throwing me with mages and enemies with armorslayer/heavy spears .

But it was a fun month, doing the Flyer Emblem and Horse Emblem quest... I know have a lv40 Subaki, Frederick, Ursula and Catria thanks to it, can't wait for next quest!

I left quite a few of the monthly quests that just give crystals for doing lunatic story chapters and stuff. I probably should have done them all since I've been using a lot of crystals to get skill fodder to 20 for upgrading lately..

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You can Smite a unit through allies.

You can’t Smite a unit through enemies, not even when the smited has Pass.

Reveal hidden contents

vihcEpVQVUU.jpg

This reminds me of that screenshot of Hector with Pass. So, it's partially usable, but extremely specific in how you can use it. Could have just slapped Pivot on Hector...

Just now, Kaden said:

This reminds me of that screenshot of Hector with Pass. So, it's partially usable, but extremely specific in how you can use it. Could have just slapped Pivot on Hector...

I feel like the point of the screenshot was more of a "wtf are you doing" than anything since Pass is useless on Armors in general. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I feel like the point of the screenshot was more of a "wtf are you doing" than anything since Pass is useless on Armors in general. 

Well, yeah, that, but I was still wondering if it was even usable, especially to Smite a knight through enemies. Apparently, no.

I'm sure I could have put together a flier team to attempt the quest, but that's just so much stamina for each attempt that could be spent hero merit grinding or raising up better units. I'll get a flier team together someday. Just like an armor team when I have more to use than free Zephiel, Draug, and several Wendys.

Pulling a Hinoka instantly made flier quests free money.

I'm training up my Jeorge right now. My blond friend showed up in a red sweatshirt today, so I've decided that he's Jeorge. He's getting danced by Azura and protected by two little girls.

52 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Maybe someday we'll get Boots (+1 movement range) as a passive S skill.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just makes them easier to bait.

Depends on the map, maybe.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

STOP

THAT'S SCARY

What if the AI learnt how to use Reposition trains on 4 Mov Reinhardts

1 hour ago, Birdy said:
Say hello to the fastest man mage alive!

That doesn't look like Reinhardt. (Reinhardt with speed buffs out the kazoo can x4 people, Caeda can only x2 at best, which Reinhardt always does.)

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Depends on the map, maybe.

Also makes them easier to separate from buffers.

Now, DANCERS with Boots. That's actually scary (as long as the player knows how to keep the Dancers from moving first).

Just now, DehNutCase said:

That doesn't look like Reinhardt. (Reinhardt with speed buffs out the kazoo can x4 people, Caeda can only x2 at best, which Reinhardt always does.)

Throwing 2 lightning bolts at once doesn't make you fast, it just means you're using both hands to throw lightning bolts.

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

What if Dire Thunder pierced Resistance 

What if Reinhardt deletes your game

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also makes them easier to separate from buffers.

Now, DANCERS with Boots. That's actually scary (as long as the player knows how to keep the Dancers from moving first).

Pls no

Horse Emblem just gets scarier

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Double the hands, double the speed.

I don't think any of anatomy, biology, or physics works that way. (Otherwise Machamp and Cofagrigus would be sanicspeed.)