Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

The boat-map is actually quite definitely a 'fort' map. It heavily favors teams with units that can bait a unit and counter-kill with minimal hp loss. (This is because the crates and starting location create 'zones' where you can force 1v1s. A Julia behind a crate to counter-kill Reinhardt, a Hecor who breaks a crate to force a 1v1 vs. Cordelia, etc.

It's actually pretty balanced, all things considered. (It also favors fliers, who can fly to the side of the crates and create favorable engagements via hit and run or drag back.)

I may have been unlucky with my match-ups when I got on this map, because I remember being run over by a Reinhardt/Cecilia/Xander/Azura team. I just dislike how confined it is. Most maps allow you to split yours units in some way to bait the AI, but this one forces everyone through a funnel. I guess I'll have to see how I fair on it next time it's on the rotation, before I make my final judgement on the map since I had an all mage team with draw back as my only mobility skill. Having either a dancer or units with reposition/swap could have helped me deal with the map more easily. 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

Whoa wait, Camus is coming tomorrow? I still haven't recruited him in Echoes! If only Mkv could teach me to beat Nuibaba...

I did it by having Grey and Python fire a bunch of arrows into the fort until everything except Nuibaba and the Cantor were dead. Faye and Clair did some flying around to bait enemies into snipe-able positions. Took 42 turns: longest turncount I got, although only by one turn.

37 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I beat that map by abusing Warp/Rescue to have have characters snipe the cantor and Nuibaba herself. 

It also took me 20 turns before I noticed I could enter the house by the backdoor

I went for the door, man. It's a slow, single file trip around with 'goyles and arrows hounding me. Everyone's too weakened to survive the bow knight/cantor/dread nerd power hour upon reaching the door.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I did it by having Grey and Python fire a bunch of arrows into the fort until everything except Nuibaba and the Cantor were dead. Faye and Clair did some flying around to bait enemies into snipe-able positions. Took 42 turns: longest turncount I got, although only by one turn.

I tried this on the bow knight but gave up because of the fortify spam on enemy phase bringing him back to full. But this may be my best bet if I just hope for lucky crits through support bonuses. That guy is a real problem when left alive.

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Invoke, Warp, Bows, Double Lion. I didn't make my Faye a cleric (rip) so I lured out the bow knight and dread fighters before entering through the backdoor. Double Lion deletes Nuibaba pretty easily, and both of Rapier's Arts give you much better hit rates on her and the cantor as well as anybody else sitting on supply tiles.

Gargoyles? Nothing Expel and some Invoke lures can't handle.

I don't have invoke yet, she just got Expel. But I just finished grinding every character to their final class tier, and maybe I should cheese Expel RNG with the turnwheel. Hard/Classic calls for the pro-est of strats.

20 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I went for the door, man. It's a slow, single file trip around with 'goyles and arrows hounding me. Everyone's too weakened to survive the bow knight/cantor/dread nerd power hour upon reaching the door.

I tried this on the bow knight but gave up because of the fortify spam on enemy phase bringing him back to full. But this may be my best bet if I just hope for lucky crits through support bonuses. That guy is a real problem when left alive.

I don't have invoke yet, she just got Expel. But I just finished grinding every character to their final class tier, and maybe I should cheese Expel RNG with the turnwheel. Hard/Classic calls for the pro-est of strats.

If you can't kill the bow knight fast enough with just arrows, perhaps try luring him close enough to the walls for your mages to get in damage as well?

If you've done that much grinding, you shouldn't need Expel luck to get through the Gargoyles. Given how many waves of gargoyles I had to fight off, I don't think you'd have enough Turnwheel uses to get through the battle that way, anyway.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Invoke, Warp, Bows, Double Lion. I didn't make my Faye a cleric (rip) so I lured out the bow knight and dread fighters before entering through the backdoor. Double Lion deletes Nuibaba pretty easily, and both of Rapier's Arts give you much better hit rates on her and the cantor as well as anybody else sitting on supply tiles.

Gargoyles? Nothing Expel and some Invoke lures can't handle.

@DehNutCase Yeah Xander and Effie had a great time on the boat map when I used him last rotation. I didn't think it was that bad honestly especially when the zigzag walls map exists.

Zigzagwalls is pretty ok for me

Fuck double L though

33 minutes ago, Othin said:

If you can't kill the bow knight fast enough with just arrows, perhaps try luring him close enough to the walls for your mages to get in damage as well?

If you've done that much grinding, you shouldn't need Expel luck to get through the Gargoyles. Given how many waves of gargoyles I had to fight off, I don't think you'd have enough Turnwheel uses to get through the battle that way, anyway.

Yeah I'm just finishing the map now. I got the lucky crit I was talking about and killed the bow knight. After that my bow knights just circled the perimeter sniping the guys inside. Occasionally have clair fly in for the finishing blow before rescuing her back. Expel RNG was good to me but with shields on the lowest def units, gargoyles don't accomplish much other than being physically in my way. 

What a game.

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

I went for the door, man. It's a slow, single file trip around with 'goyles and arrows hounding me. Everyone's too weakened to survive the bow knight/cantor/dread nerd power hour upon reaching the door

This was my strategy too. I finally beat it like an hour ago.

Then I played the "get lucky with crits and hits" game for like five turns on the turnwheel. 

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s what I did!

Attacking things with Dire Thunder is hard when you don't have Dire Thunder.

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

9PYYl6m.jpg

That’s what I did!

'Camus is a unit, so hit him with Hector to explode him.' (I did bring Reinhardt, but mine wasn't optimized enough to 2HKO the red cav, who counter kills him (lol), so he ended up sitting out).

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh, Camus' banner... Good chance to nab Olwen I guess?

Why Olwen when you can nab more B. Cordelia.

(It's a pretty decent banner, all things considered, just pales next to 35/35 archer.)

Life and Death 3 is great, but all these characters will be around and the brides will be gone forever in two weeks. I'm going to pour all orbs I have into shooting for Bride Lyn. If I get any of the other brides that's a bonus. 

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's actually not that bad, and actually barely has any downside if you run Fury. I gave you a decent Kagerou.

Its was more because the Reinhardt from Lloyd was also +Def -Res lol

Sweet, Camus gets Goad Cavalry as a 4*. That completes all the cavalry skills I can access -- it's like the game is handing out Horse Emblem stuff to us. Well, Reinhardt can get it, but he has to be a 5*.

Meanwhile, flyer skills... Also, armor, but it's just Hector and Sheena I'm missing.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Sweet, Camus gets Goad Cavalry as a 4*. That completes all the cavalry skills I can access -- it's like the game is handing out Horse Emblem stuff to us. Well, Reinhardt can get it, but he has to be a 5*.

Meanwhile, flyer skills... Also, armor, but it's just Hector and Sheena I'm missing.

Id argue Goad Cavalry is the worst of them all though

Or at least its the hardest to use

Now if we get Free Jagen then suddenly Horse Emblem  buff is literally free

Edited by JSND

12 minutes ago, JSND said:

Id argue Goad Cavalry is the worst of them all though

Or at least its the hardest to use

Just having it as an option is nice, though. That, and collecting skills. Gotta gatch 'em all. :P

12 minutes ago, JSND said:

Now if we get Free Jagen then suddenly Horse Emblem  buff is literally free

Ah, yes, Jagen... of whom I had 6 at one point, got annoyed, and sent one home. I still have 4 of him.

Luckily, one of the later ones was a 4*, so I dumped Fortify Cavalry on Frederick since it's kind of cheap to get when Fredrick has Fortify Def.

199/200 units... Back to 199 units...

Edited by Kaden