Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Both you and Ana.

Ike and Mist, the Green Bros, and even Marcia and Malakoff would have been better choices for the sibling theme.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Ike and Mist, the Green Bros, and even Marcia and Malakoff would have been better choices for the sibling theme.

I'm actually at loss why exactly Sanaki was chosen when her sibling isn't in the game. Couldn't they have included Lugh for a red mage?

Or who else has a red-weapon sibling not included yet?

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm actually at loss why exactly Sanaki was chosen when her sibling isn't in the game. Couldn't they have included Lugh for a red mage?

Mist, but I get the feeling they wanted to steer clear of lords for this focus.

Rebecca and Dart could have been a thing I guess.  

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Or Priscilla or Lugh, since their siblings are already in game.

I've got a crackpot theory that Japan was so p-off at Ike beating Roy that they're deliberately holding him back now. xD Not that it bothers me in the slightest, of course. Maybe Snaki being the first Tellus rep is an indication that Miccy will follow not long after.

8 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Mist's brother isn't yet in the game, also she's grey. Rebecca's grey, Dart's green.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Or Priscilla or Lugh, since their siblings are already in game.

Prissy most probably will be grey. Lugh is pretty much the only one who qualifies for a red tome.

I mean, Sanaki has a red tome, and I'm speculating who could have replaced her as a red spellcaster.

10 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Dan, you mean?!?

Marcia/Makalov or Elincia/Geoffrey would've been nice to see in this batch. Priscilla could've subbed for Sanaki and made sense.

PERSONALLY, I'm hoping for Parental Bonds, so we can get Canaw, Hugh, Karla, Louise and Pent

21 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Dan, you mean?!?

Marcia/Makalov or Elincia/Geoffrey would've been nice to see in this batch. Priscilla could've subbed for Sanaki and made sense.

PERSONALLY, I'm hoping for Parental Bonds, so we can get Canaw, Hugh, Karla, Louise

ECLIPZE PLZ DELETE THIS

Edited by Elieson

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I totally agree. I like Sanaki, but she makes ZERO SENSE here.

What is IS smoking? Micaiah IS her sister, but there's no bond there! Sanaki didn't even know she fucking existed until late in RD. And to show their stupidity, they have Anna ask who Sanaki's "older brother" is. Wow...just wow.

I'm honestly mad. Not because it's not Ike and Elincia, but because better characters keep getting shafted in favor of random BS. First the "Battling Robin" focus, now this. Do most people even know who these characters are beyond Sanaki? I know I don't. I get that Jugdral has to be included, and I actually wanted them, but...I felt like they were better as non-focuses aside from Sigurd, Deirdre, Seliph, and Leif, I suppose. Be careful what you wish for...

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Dan, you mean?!?

PERSONALLY, I'm hoping for Parental Bonds, so we can get Niime/Canas/Hugh, Brom/Meg, Karla, Louise and PENT

I'm honestly about done with this game. None of these focuses have really been good for me. The first two had no characters I liked much (except Takumi, but he's not a top favorite or anything). The second two had no characters I liked much either except Ephraim. And now this batch I don't know who anyone is aside from Sanaki who doesn't make any sense here and would've been better replaced by the three Greil Mercs brothers.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Dan, you mean?!?

PERSONALLY, I'm hoping for Parental Bonds, so we can get Niime/Canas/Hugh, Brom/Meg, Karla, Louise and PENT

I would love to see some parent-child pairs.  We've already get Hector/Lilina, Eliwood/Roy, and Bartre/Fir.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm honestly about done with this game. None of these focuses have really been good for me. The first two had no characters I liked much (except Takumi, but he's not a top favorite or anything). The second two had no characters I liked much either except Ephraim. And now this batch I don't know who anyone is aside from Sanaki who doesn't make any sense here and would've been better replaced by the three Greil Mercs brothers.

Did you read her character description or even play the chapter? Hmmm. It seems as if they are HINTING TOWARDS SOMETHING *notsubtle*

IS has a plan. You can't release all your AAA characters right at the beginning, or people may start to waver. They are spreading it out. Like Cloud, one of the most poplar Final Fantasy characters, JUST came out for the FF mobile game and it is about 2 years old! Patience my dear.

2 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Did you read her character description or even play the chapter? Hmmm. It seems as if they are HINTING TOWARDS SOMETHING *notsubtle*

IS has a plan. You can't release all your AAA characters right at the beginning, or people may start to waver. They are spreading it out. Like Cloud, one of the most poplar Final Fantasy characters, JUST came out for the FF mobile game and it is about 2 years old! Patience my dear

Duh, I talked about it in a post above when I mentioned Anna's statement about Sanaki. But even if they were planning to add Micaiah next, it still makes no sense because like I said, they have no bond and never interacted their whole lives until late in RD. The three brothers, Ike and Mist, or even Marcia and Makalov fits this theme way better.

This isn't about patience or releasing AAA characters. This is about what actually makes sense for the focuses and their themes. I never said anything about releasing all the AAA characters quickly either. And please don't call me "dear." I don't like it.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Duh, I talked about it in a post above when I mentioned Anna's statement about Sanaki. But even if they were planning to add Micaiah next, it still makes no sense because like I said, they have no bond and never interacted their whole lives until late in RD. The three brothers, Ike and Mist, or even Marcia and Makalov fits this theme way better.

This isn't about patience or releasing AAA characters. This is about what actually makes sense for the focuses and their themes. I never said anything about releasing all the AAA characters quickly either. And please don't call me "dear." I don't like it.

Sorry, habit.

Why not? They are still a sibling, even if they are estranged. Do you think it makes more sense to release Ike and Mist into a paralogue, or keep them for additions to the main story? These additions make sense and they tell me, along with other hints we have gotten, that IS should be releasing a much bigger update in March.

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

Sorry, habit.

Why not? They are still a sibling, even if they are estranged. Do you think it makes more sense to release Ike and Mist into a paralogue, or keep them for additions to the main story? These additions make sense and they tell me, along with other hints we have gotten, that IS should be releasing a much bigger update in March.

The theme is sibling BONDS. Not just siblings. Did you read the focus's title at all? And lords being in paralogues isn't unusual, we just had Ephraim, Eirika, and Seliph in them.

53 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

probably to lead up to micaiah

don't see much other reason for it to be her

Oh wow, since units exist in the game's DB, they're coming across in the Training Tower, which means Ursula has some confirmed skills (basically, what she has in her Chapter 9-3 map).

Thank you Reddit /u/Cobbwebs for the screen.

Spoiler

nRPbPr8.png

tl;dr, it's Ursula with her A and C skills (Death Blow and Goad Cavalry, equipped with Blarwolf). I think it's safe to assume that she'll be a big threat to reds, being a unit that has 2-range with Deathblow vs them and all

Well your boy Nintendo knows there are people like you @Anacybele who are just waiting patiently for the super epic characters that they really love (like Ike). So while you're waiting they give out these random focuses along the way to tempt you into using your free orbs. And then when Ike is finally here you realize, "oh crud I have no more free orbs to get, guess I'll just spend money to get him instead". Sure, fans are cool and everything but at the end of the rainbow, it is all about the dolla dolla bills. Just never spend your orbs, and stick it to the man! Show them you aren't tempted by such lame focuses! If you quit that's cool too, wouldn't blame u either.

Edited by Arcanite

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well your boy Nintendo knows there are people like you who are just waiting patiently for the super epic characters that they really love (like Ike). So while you're waiting they give out these random focuses along the way to tempt you into using your free orbs. And then when Ike is finally here you realize, "oh crud I have no more free orbs to get, guess I'll just spend money to get him instead". Sure, fans are cool and everything but at the end of the rainbow, it is all about the dolla dolla bills. Just never spend your orbs, and stick it to the man! Show them you aren't tempted by such lame focuses! If you quit that's cool too, wouldn't blame u either.

Well, of course. I'm well aware. I'm actually not using any of my orbs. I wish I'd tried for Ephraim one last time now...

If Micaiah is coming next, I hope Ike is in the focus too. I don't want Micaiah in the game before him. I'm rather biased against her, but Ike also obviously represents Tellius better due to being a main character in both games.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Also, I just heard that Sanaki apparently says "I'll prove that I'm the best little sister" which is...so out of character that I'm wonderin whether or not Intelligent Systems plan do fuse all the little sisters in the series into an Elise/Clarine hybrid.

It... Kinda sorta makes sense in context (not a lot, but hey I take what I can). The excuse plot for those paralogues is "competition to prove the best little sister / big brother pair" and as Water Mage already said she could be pretty competitive (her comment struck me more as her meaning "well let's win this" than "I'm the best little sister EVER <3").

Anyways, I would say it's not exactly out of character for her, but it definitely doesn't do her justice. That doesn't change the fact there would have been so many other characters they could have included instead if they just wanted a little sister. Also I'm just biased because I appreciated Klein essentially going "what the fuck" on that premise in the same chapter

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And to show their stupidity, they have Anna ask who Sanaki's "older brother" is. Wow...just wow.

To be fair that line could be IS acknowledging (with tongue in cheek) that she indeed doesn't fit the big brother / little sister theme

Just now, Sylphid said:

To be fair that line could be IS acknowledging (with tongue in cheek) that she indeed doesn't fit the big brother / little sister theme

My point exactly. They acknowledge that they threw in a character that doesn't make sense. Who ever does that except to exhibit stupidity?

Ouch IS...

YMKvL2f.png

I've got some bad news for you, buddy.

This along with the other pair being Lachesis and Eldigan makes me wonder if the theme is about siblings who oppose each other in some way. Klein and Sanaki would seem to break that trend, but they do end up on opposing sides of their siblings, even if only for a brief time.

5 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

It... Kinda sorta makes sense in context (not a lot, but hey I take what I can). The excuse plot for those paralogues is "competition to prove the best little sister / big brother pair" and as Water Mage already said she could be pretty competitive (her comment struck me more as her meaning "well let's win this" than "I'm the best little sister EVER <3").

Anyways, I would say it's not exactly out of character for her, but it definitely doesn't do her justice. That doesn't change the fact there would have been so many other characters they could have included instead if they just wanted a little sister. Also I'm just biased because I appreciated Klein essentially going "what the fuck" on that premise in the same chapter

They could have just used Clarine in the map, since she's already in the game.