Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Also, Athena belongs under Shadow Dragon. She first became playable in that game. In chapter 6x, to be exact.

I'm aware, but she's a lot more prominent in New Mystery, so eh.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm aware, but she's a lot more prominent in New Mystery, so eh.

Oh come on. You bothered to create the FE3/12 section just for Sheena after I pointed it out, did you not? And, on top of that, you bothered to create the RD section just for Sanaki rather than shove her in the PoR section.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Just now, RedEyedDrake said:

Oh come on. You bothered to create the FE3/12 section just for Sheena after I pointed it out, did you not? And you bothered to add Sanaki to the RD section rather than the PoR section too.

I'll work on it later. Maybe.

26 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Vaike is something of a ripoff of Luke and Sully is even more of a ripoff of Cecil. This is old news, guys.

i mean, luke and rody are already pretty much just really lame knockoffs of kent and sain

it's pretty much the exact same dynamic, almost every line luke says wouldn't be out of place for sain

anyway I think kira buckland did pretty perfect as katarina from the one line we heard (apparently that second line wasn't actually said by her? and it's kinda noticable)

she sounds just as vulnerable and quiet as an unconfident character like katarina should

Edited by unique

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Really? What's up with that?

not sure, but it's pretty noticably a different voice and she mentioned on twitter that that line wasn't her

she said it might've been because they added that line later but didn't want to call her back in just to record one line, so they could've just gotten someone who was already there to do it

pretty strange, I hope that's not the case with more of her lines

52 minutes ago, unique said:

not sure, but it's pretty noticably a different voice and she mentioned on twitter that that line wasn't her

she said it might've been because they added that line later but didn't want to call her back in just to record one line, so they could've just gotten someone who was already there to do it

pretty strange, I hope that's not the case with more of her lines

Huh, I actually didn't catch on that it was a different person the first time. Nor can I tell who it is.

Someone says it's actually a line from Sakura???

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

27 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh, I actually didn't catch on that it was a different person the first time. Nor can I tell who it is.

Someone says it's actually a line from Sakura???

yeah I saw that tweet but that's not it either

sakura's is "Sorry about this!", while this one was "Sorry to do this..."

i think it's most likely that they just didn't get that line at first so they had to get someone else to record it

37 minutes ago, unique said:

yeah I saw that tweet but that's not it either

sakura's is "Sorry about this!", while this one was "Sorry to do this..."

i think it's most likely that they just didn't get that line at first so they had to get someone else to record it

I wonder who the replacement is. I sort of got Amber Connor (Faye) vibes but I have no actual idea.

38 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I wonder who the replacement is. I sort of got Amber Connor (Faye) vibes but I have no actual idea.

Whoa, I just caught that. I think it's Brianna Knickerbocker. There's something about her voice which is really distinctive and can be heard from Charlotte, Est, Ninian, and Sakura despite her giving them different voices. Fates Charlotte was probably the most distinct from the others while bride Charlotte sounds similar to the others, especially in her attack clips which sound kind of like Est's. Voice actors and actresses can do amazing things, but there are times when you can still tell it's them. Usually, when they're doing normal voices like if Nolan North does a really wacky voice for, I don't know, a rabbit priest in a volcanic city in some weird RPG, then it might be harder to hear him compared to hearing him as Nathan Drake and Vossler.

Anyway, I don't remember hearing Kira Buckland before Heroes since I never played or watched any of the stuff she worked on, but just comparing her voice for Eirika and Katarina and the "Sorry to do this..." special line, it really does sound like Brianna's voice for the special line to me. Kira's voice for Eirika and Katarina are soft while Brianna's is breathy? I don't know how to describe them in a way that would make a lot of sense. I checked Sakura's unused special quote and the way she says "sorry" sounds similar. Katarina's "sorry" is a bit slower while Sakura's said faster, but both have the same breathiness.

Katarina's first lines are probably Kira's -- she has a tweet that said her other character is going to be released -- and I can see where you coming from with how it's kind of close enough to Amber Faye's, but the special line does not sound like either of them even if Kira and Amber can do a voice like that, but Kira said it wasn't her line. I think the developers might have screwed up and put in the wrong sound file. I'm guessing that other than characters sharing quotes, maybe multiple people were auditioning for Katarina and they were deciding on who to be her voice. Well, somehow, the wrong sound file was used.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I think the developers might have screwed up and put in the wrong sound file. I'm guessing that other than characters sharing quotes, maybe multiple people were auditioning for Katarina and they were deciding on who to be the voice. Well, somehow, the wrong sound file was used.

Well, Buckland definitely didn't say anything about whether or not she recorded such a line. I suppose it might be hard to remember what lines you were asked to record several months in advance, though.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, Buckland definitely didn't say anything about whether or not she recorded such a line. I suppose it might be hard to remember what lines you were asked to record several months in advance, though.

Uh, wouldn't you be able to tell if that's your own voice or not? Also, she could have recorded a couple of lines for Katarina's specials which may or may not be the same in meaning as her lines in Japanese, so there could be more than 4 special lines, but only 4 were chosen. That and voice actors run through multiple takes.

Just now, Kaden said:

Uh, wouldn't you be able to tell if that's your own voice or not? Also, she could have recorded a couple of lines for Katarina's specials which may or may not be the same in meaning as her lines in Japanese, so there could be more than 4 special lines, but only 4 were chosen. That and voice actors run through multiple takes.

I mean, she didn't say if she was asked to record a line that said the exact same thing as the one that's currently in the video. If it was just a mistake with the wrong sound file they probably would have caught it before they typed out the quote and pieced together the trailer.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I mean, she didn't say if she was asked to record a line that said the exact same thing as the one that's currently in the video. If it was just a mistake with the wrong sound file they probably would have caught it before they typed out the quote and pieced together the trailer.

Mistakes happen in the weirdest of ways like when Ganondorf was accidentally leaked in Smash 4, a mouse cursor was on the trailer for Ibuki in Street Fighter V, and I can't remember what game it was, but I remember reading that a character's hurt sounds or something else was another character's despite the supposed to be used sound files being in the game. Also, developers are human, so they might have been exhausted and didn't catch it even after it was okayed for release.

If they deliberately did this, then I have no idea why other than what Kira said in replies that maybe they just had someone else record a line to fill in.

Just now, Kaden said:

Mistakes happen in the weirdest of ways like when Ganondorf was accidentally leaked in Smash 4, a mouse cursor was on the trailer for Ibuki in Street Fighter V, and I can't remember what game it was, but I remember reading that a character's hurt sounds or something else was another character's despite the supposed to be used sound files being in the game. Also, developers are human, so they might have been exhausted and didn't catch it even after it was okayed for release.

If they deliberately did this, then I have no idea why other than what Kira said in replies that maybe they just had someone else record a line to fill in.

I'm just thinking it was deliberate, since this is a pretty specific for a mistake.

• 4 weeks later...

Voice actors of Alm’s and Celica’s armies:

Mathilda: Caitlin Glass
Grey: Max Mittelman
Delthea: Christine Marie Cabanos

Leon: Lucien Dodge
Saber: Keith Silverstein 
Sonya: Tara Sands 

Edited by Vaximillian
Keith Silverstein and Tara Sands do exist and do voice acting, and I suck

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Voice actors of Alm’s and Celica’s armies:

Mathilda: Caitlin Glass
Grey: Max Mittelman
Delthea: Christine Marie Cabanos

Leon: Lucien Dodge
Saber: Keith Silverstein (alias of Keith Szarabajka?)
Sonya: Tara Sands (alias of Tara Platt?)

I actually completely forgot I had to do this.

After some consideration, Echoes characters have been removed from this list, as they have been voiced prior to being added to Heroes.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• 1 month later...