Poll Results currently in Japan with 1st Lyn, 2nd Lucina and 3rd Ike at the top

AbsoluteZer0Nova

3 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Not gonna lie, Elincia is probably one of the prettiest woman in Tellius( I would make a list of the others, but that's probably for a topic I could make later ;):).

I pray to God that Roy doesn't get #1......I don't hate the guy, but the kind of hell that would break loose on the internet if he does will be massive(Him in Smash is one thing, Him in FE is another)! :wtf: 

Yeah, and I bet that hell breaking loose would be made up of tons of angry Ike fans!

I don't exactly hate Roy either, but he doesn't even deserve top 10, imo, let alone top 3. Like you said, Smash is one thing, but FE is entirely another. Ike's own games didn't do so hot, but at least he's a well-written character in PoR and a beastly unit. :P

I also agree on Elincia, she's gorgeous. Her being so pretty and Ike being so handsome is a bonus for me when it comes to their pairing. The handsome mercenary hero and beautiful princess together? GIMME.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Baldrick said:

Would you like some mutton?

"What's happened to Dorcas?"

"I voted him in the Heroes poll"

Vote an army, trust no one. Fire Emblem, only on Game Boy Advance

Game Boy

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and I bet that hell breaking loose would be made up of tons of angry Ike fans!

I don't exactly hate Roy either, but he doesn't even deserve top 10, imo, let alone top 3. Like you said, Smash is one thing, but FE is entirely another. Ike's own games didn't do so hot, but at least he's a well-written character in PoR and a beastly unit. :P

I also agree on Elincia, she's gorgeous. Her being so pretty and Ike being so handsome is a bonus for me when it comes to their pairing. The handsome mercenary hero and beautiful princess together? GIMME.

There's this part of me that hopes if we ever get a RD Remake, they'll reckon Ike's ending and (if he has A-support with Elincia), he'll stay and they get together. It would be awesome in a pairing sense and a story sense(rose from being low class to royalty...it would show that your fate isn't decided from when you're born..something they bring up in PoR a bit).

It's a dream...but I will continue to dream it!(Hey, maybe something will come from these poll results besides the stuff for FE Heroes...you never know...:hat:)

5 minutes ago, Bullwine85 said:

"What's happened to Dorcas?"

"I voted him in the Heroes poll"

Vote an army, trust no one. Fire Emblem, only on Game Boy Advance

Game Boy

I recently saw that commercial for the first time(thanks to Jwitz) and I gotta ask...what the heck was that?!:wtf:

Edited by Busterman64

1 minute ago, Busterman64 said:

There's this part of me that hopes if we ever get a RD Remake, they'll reckon Ike's ending and (if he has A-support with Elincia), he'll stay and they get together. It would be awesome in a pairing sense and a story sense(rose from being low class to royalty...it would show that your fate isn't decided from when you're born..something they bring up in PoR a bit).

It's a dream...but I will continue to dream it!(Hey, maybe something will come from these poll results besides the stuff for FE Heroes...you never know...:hat:)

I recently saw that commercial for the first time(thanks to Jwitz) and I gotta ask...what the heck was that?!:wtf:

Yes please!!! IS make it happen!!!

6 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Yeah, I would hope that IS recognizes how many Ike x Elincia fans were created out of NoA's shipping shenanigans and decides to add an ending for them, but I rather doubt it would happen, sadly. It would require some gameplay changes because as it stands, it's barely possible to support Ike with Elincia in RD at all. Although, if transferring an A support from PoR did something to help... But yes, it'd be a dream come true if it this did happen!

I think Ike would become Prince Consort, not King, though. Prince Consort would definitely be more to his liking since it involves more military business than political, and Ike isn't one for all that politics mumbo jumbo. lol Plus, in our own medieval times, it was quite common for men who married queens to become Prince Consorts rather than kings.

As for that FE7 commercial, that is some pretty weird shit. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I hope Leo makes it into the Top 10.  It looks like Micaiah is there right now.  I need to look up my Nintendo account when I get the chance.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I would hope that IS recognizes how many Ike x Elincia fans were created out of NoA's shipping shenanigans and decides to add an ending for them, but I rather doubt it would happen, sadly. It would require some gameplay changes because as it stands, it's barely possible to support Ike with Elincia in RD at all. Although, if transferring an A support from PoR did something to help... But yes, it'd be a dream come true if it this did happen!

As for that FE7 commercial, that is some pretty weird shit. :P

Yeah...they only have 4 maps before the final boss to support each other and...that's a very short amount of time to get that done(technically 3 since Ike is separated from everyone for one map...)...they would have to add at least 2 or 3 maps just for that to happen more smoothly(the only map they could add that comes to mind is a battle before entering the tower)!

And for the FE7 commercial... totally made sense and markets a brand new game series perfectly :KnollRoll: ...it's something at the very least. 

4 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Yeah...they only have 4 maps before the final boss to support each other and...that's a very short amount of time to get that done(technically 3 since Ike is separated from everyone for one map...)...they would have to add at least 2 or 3 maps just for that to happen more smoothly(the only map they could add that comes to mind is a battle before entering the tower)!

And for the FE7 commercial... totally made sense and markets a brand new game series perfectly :KnollRoll: ...it's something at the very least. 

Yeah, as I said, the best bet would probably be to enable an Ike x Elincia A support transfer from PoR to get the job done, and maybe tack on an unlockable conversation or two between the two that occurs if said support is transferred. And viewing said conversation(s) would be required as well for a bit more realism.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

If that's the way to go I happily accept it totally worth it!

Happy to see my three favorite lords on there, Roy, Micaiah, and Eirika.  

I've been splitting my vote between Roy and Micaiah aside from the initial vote (which went to Wolt just to make sure he got something).  I'd be delighted if Roy overtook PoR Ike for first, because best... okay second best after Wolt.

Shame Tharja's high, but eh, not much I can do about that.

14 hours ago, Thane said:

Want to hear what Japanese Corrin, Felicia and Flora  sound like together? You might want to consider earplugs.

I wear headphones, so... I mean, I guess I can still wear earplugs.  Also, eeeeuuuuugggghhhh!

Flora's voice sounds a lot more like how I'd imagine teenage and young adult women sound.  Obviously, they're trying to push Felicia to be an appealing character since she's something of a mascot for Fates, so they're making her sound all "kawaii".  I'll never understand the appeal.

I'll comment on the recent poll update in the other thread.

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm not at all surprised to see Tharja and Camilla as #3 and 4...but I am surprised that Nino even cracked the top 20! As for males...Roy and Hector surprise me, but otherwise...meh, no surprises, not even Ephraim.

not even DORCAS?

9 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I wear headphones, so... I mean, I guess I can still wear earplugs.  Also, eeeeuuuuugggghhhh!

Flora's voice sounds a lot more like how I'd imagine teenage and young adult women sound.  Obviously, they're trying to push Felicia to be an appealing character since she's something of a mascot for Fates, so they're making her sound all "kawaii".  I'll never understand the appeal.

I think the biggest surprise is female Corrin; I had never heard her voice since I've only played male. I had no idea she sounded so...frail.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

not even DORCAS?

Who knew a poisoned mutton/mug would be your claim to fame more than a decade later?

5 hours ago, unique said:

he's a joke here too because of the commercial

Don't know why people keep bringing this up. Hardly anyone even knows about that commercial. And I knew about it but I didn't know about the Dorcas line. I find it extraordinarily doubtful the commercial has anything to do with the Dorcas votes.

15 minutes ago, Florete said:

Don't know why people keep bringing this up. Hardly anyone even knows about that commercial. And I knew about it but I didn't know about the Dorcas line. I find it extraordinarily doubtful the commercial has anything to do with the Dorcas votes.

What do you think puts Dorcas in Top20 that other characters can't compete with?

25 minutes ago, Florete said:

oh I wasn't saying it was because of the commercial I just felt it was worth mentioning along the idea of dorcas being a joke

i can see some people voting him because of that but I doubt it's the reason he made the top 20

13 minutes ago, Elieson said:

What do you think puts Dorcas in Top20 that other characters can't compete with?

I'm pretty sure I recall hearing that he's some sort of meme in Japan. It's certainly much more believable than the NA commercial boosting his popularity so much. I don't recall that ever gaining any kind of notoriety.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm pretty sure I recall hearing that he's some sort of meme in Japan. It's certainly much more believable than the NA commercial boosting his popularity so much. I don't recall that ever gaining any kind of notoriety.

Aren't these votes coming from the West? I'm just guessing, but if Japanese voters were able to put Dorcas into the top 20 I'd question why Ike is 40% of the top 5 and Roy is #2.

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Aren't these votes coming from the West? I'm just guessing, but if Japanese voters were able to put Dorcas into the top 20 I'd question why Ike is 40% of the top 5 and Roy is #2.

I don't see how these are connected. Either way, Ike and Roy always have Smash popularity helping them out.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

I don't see how these are connected. Either way, Ike and Roy always have Smash popularity helping them out.

So does Marth, and he's much more popular than those two in Japan. Dorcas isn't the only meme character in Japan (Biraku/Vyland comes to mind) so what made him the highest ranking meme?