Poll Results currently in Japan with 1st Lyn, 2nd Lucina and 3rd Ike at the top

AbsoluteZer0Nova

Just now, Baldrick said:

So does Marth, and he's much more popular than those two in Japan. Dorcas isn't the only meme character in Japan (Biraku/Vyland comes to mind) so what made him the highest ranking meme?

Marth seems to be having his vote split between two versions. If they were combined I could easily see him as high as #2 or #3. I don't have all the answers, though, I'm just pretty confident that an obscure NA commercial that many people didn't even know existed is not the reason for Dorcas ranking so highly, unless it can be proven that there is a large group of people on Reddit or 4chan or something that made the commercial into a big deal. 3-13 archer was a bigger deal than that commercial.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

Marth seems to be having his vote split between two versions. If they were combined I could easily see him as high as #2 or #3. I don't have all the answers, though, I'm just pretty confident that an obscure NA commercial that many people didn't even know existed is not the reason for Dorcas ranking so highly, unless it can be proven that there is a large group of people on Reddit or 4chan or something that made the commercial into a big deal. 3-13 archer was a bigger deal than that commercial.

Ike is also split between two, and his less popular clone is beating Marth's more popular clone. On that basis, I myself am confident that a character's reputation in the West is a bigger factor in ranking than their reputation in Japan.

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Ike is also split between two, and his less popular clone is beating Marth's more popular clone. On that basis, I myself am confident that a character's reputation in the West is a bigger factor in ranking than their reputation in Japan.

Ike won a somewhat recent (as in within the last couple years) Japanese character poll, as you can see here.

12 minutes ago, Florete said:

Ike won a somewhat recent (as in within the last couple years) Japanese character poll, as you can see here.

Point, but that poll also raises further questions. Like, where's Finn? Even if we assume he's #21, what made Dorcas leapfrog him?

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Point, but that poll also raises further questions. Like, where's Finn? Even if we assume he's #21, what made Dorcas leapfrog him?

I don't have all the answers. I'm just pretty confident that an obscure NA commercial that many people didn't even know existed is not the reason for Dorcas ranking so highly.

23 hours ago, OpheliaNohrPrincess said:

Only things disappointing for me:

Males: 2 Ikes...PoR heck yes pretty unfair for RD Ike taking a spot...also lol 2 Marth votes.

Roy because its definitely because of Smash not him in the game...

Takumi very overrated but at least low in the top 10

Donnel because some YouTuber/s want him for some strange reason...

Females: Tharja, Camilla and F!Corrin ugh....at least Eirika, Micaiah and Cordelia are in the top 10 plus Tiki, Lute, Mia, Nino and Nephenee have some love!

Wow Japan and the west love Female Corrin I can understand Camilla and Tharja because sex appeal. Seem like more western fans are voting though.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Remember that there are effectively 3 Finns that are dividing his votes.

2 minutes ago, Christianguy7 said:

What is sad, sex appeal, or western fans?

Of course sex appeal for 1 because I can name any character that's WAY more attractive than Camilla, F!Corrin(which is meh) and Tharja(again don't see it) that is 1. A better character 2. Well dress and attractive. That doesn't have to try a show off. Western Fans depends on fans don't like the fanservice is priority kind since they don't care about anything else those aren't real fans imo.

1 minute ago, OpheliaNohrPrincess said:

Of course sex appeal for 1 because I can name any character that's WAY more attractive than Camilla, F!Corrin(which is meh) and Tharja(again don't see it) that is 1. A better character 2. Well dress and attractive. That doesn't have to try a show off. Western Fans depends on fans don't like the fanservice is priority kind since they don't care about anything else those aren't real fans imo.

TBH I like the design of Female Corrin, Tharja and Camillia are both bleh to me. My favorite FE girl is Lissa. She is the og waifu.

13 hours ago, Thane said:

I think the biggest surprise is female Corrin; I had never heard her voice since I've only played male. I had no idea she sounded so...frail.

Huh. Ingame F!Corrin and Smash F!Corrin sound nothing like the Drama CD one. I never imagined her to speak in such a tone either.

10 hours ago, OpheliaNohrPrincess said:

Hey! Don't insult my Wifu! Camilla nah just joking. Camilla is pretty to me and I think more clothes would make her more appealing maybe a sexy design. I wouldn't say all the votes are western fans for one Camilla is the most popular female in fate if you don't female Corrin. Lyn in the lead is because of western fans though. Lyn was my Wifu I just love her and Mark relationship in her chapters to bad the developer of blazing sword drop that in the 2nd half -_-

10 hours ago, Christianguy7 said:

TBH I like the design of Female Corrin, Tharja and Camillia are both bleh to me. My favorite FE girl is Lissa. She is the og waifu.

"I-I'm sorry?"

JK.