Poll Results Update - Current Top 20 of each gender

BANRYU

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I voted for Erk, Knoll, Canas, Sophia, and gonna vote for Cormag so uh. ~3o think I fit that boat lol. 

Of all of them I think Erk has probably the worst chance (aside from maybe knoll), but he's my favorite FE dude so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, don't remind me about Canas and Erk! Now I feel bad about leaving them out too :(

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Of course people talk about the winning characters, but remember that many of the ones in the lead already coincide with the ones people already voted for. 

Yeah I just wonder how many people would have voted for other characters if they felt like they had any chance. For example, I realize that me voting Gordin was a "throwaway" vote, and I could have voted for say, Ike, who I do like, just because Ike actually "has a chance". I don't know if that makes sense or I'm explaining myself properly, but I'm really not trying to start an argument. I just meant to say I voted for my 12 favorites, chances to win be damned.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Really? I got a tad salty over a few placements, but in the end, it's a lighthearted popularity poll.

Maybe "not surprised" is a better choice of words. If I recall correctly my first words were "I still don't F*&king get what the big deal about Tharja is".

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Actually, unfortunately, I read all of them, which is how I came to that conclusion. I feel like a lot of people started that way, but once the midterm results came in they switched gears. I was half tempted to just bum rush with Roy myself, but tbh the hardest  thing about this poll was to choose JUST 12.

I have no problems with the poll results, btw, they are hardly that surprising (although I feel as though Finn is the only character really missing).

for all we know finn could have more votes than anyone on the list since his votes are split into three different characters

i really hope they do something about this for the final results but they probably won't

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Maybe "not surprised" is a better choice of words. If I recall correctly my first words were "I still don't F*&king get what the big deal about Tharja is".

I don't understand her crazy popularity either, but I feel like people rage on her way more than she deserves just because she's an easy target and one of the two faces of the "waifu" characters in Fire Emblem. However, if you read her supports and DLC dialogue, you'll see that there's actually quite a bit more to her than just being a crazy stalker, contrary to popular belief.

Camilla, Corrin and Azura, on the other hand...

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

I don't understand her crazy popularity either, but I feel like people rage on her way more than she deserves just because she's an easy target and one of the two faces of the "waifu" characters in Fire Emblem. However, if you read her supports and DLC dialogue, you'll see that there's actually quite a bit more to her than just being a crazy stalker, contrary to popular belief.

Don't forget making a test subject on her own daughter and spouse.....

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

3 minutes ago, unique said:

for all we know finn could have more votes than anyone on the list since his votes are split into three different characters

i really hope they do something about this for the final results but they probably won't

Yeah, it wouldn't change much for leaderboard Ike, but I feel as though Marth got hit the hardest by that split. SD & MotE came in at a severe disadvantage. In fact, all characters in more than one game did.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

However, if you read her supports and DLC dialogue, you'll see that there's actually quite a bit more to her than just being a crazy stalker, contrary to popular belief.

I've given Tharja a chance with her supports and as a unit, and it was one of the worst investments of time I can recall making in any game. I am really, really anal with recruiting every character even if their destiny is an immediate bench, but I go out of my way to slaughter Tharja in every subsequent playthrough of Awakening.

That's off topic though and I won't really get in to that further. Let's just leave it at "she's not my cup of tea".

2 minutes ago, OpheliaNohrPrincess said:

I'm forgetting nothing. I said I don't understand her crazy popularity, and I never said I was a fan of her or defended her actions. However, she time and again proves in her supports that she's got a kind heart, too. If people hated characters solely based on cursing family members, then Niime should be a lot more hated than Tharja, like Quintessence said.

Just now, ChibiToastExplosion said:

That's off topic though and I won't really get in to that further. Let's just leave it at "she's not my cup of tea".

Sounds like a good idea. To each their own.

...Though I still would like to see what kind of outfit they'd give Camilla if she won. I mean, it couldn't possibly be worse than her current one...could it? 

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Actually, unfortunately, I read all of them, which is how I came to that conclusion. I feel like a lot of people started that way, but once the midterm results came in they switched gears. I was half tempted to just bum rush with Roy myself, but tbh the hardest  thing about this poll was to choose JUST 12.

I have no problems with the poll results, btw, they are hardly that surprising (although I feel as though Finn is the only character really missing).

TBH I'm partially guilty of this, but it's more a matter of like... I decided to allocate my votes to characters I like that DID make it up there, like Lute and Owain (who were on my list initially, but was planning to axe in favor of other characters). I think to some extent there's no shame in pushing hard for one character to win or to get boosted, though. To each their own right? 

57 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Oh, don't remind me about Canas and Erk! Now I feel bad about leaving them out too :(

Aw hey, don't feel bad! I had a lot of characters I like that I had to cut out of my votes too; Soren, Hector, Sue, and a bunch of my favorite Awakening characters didn't make the bill for me =w= I think the important thing is that you voted for your top favorites, the ones who came to mind first. So don't get too down about it!

54 minutes ago, Thane said:

Even though I do like Camilla I'm hard-pressed to disagree SMH. Her writing is just bad most of the time, unfortunately. So much missed potential (although that's basically just Fates and most its characters in a nutshell isn't it lol. Corrin x Azura on conquest was about the only time I felt that any of that potential was ever really tapped for those two)

50 minutes ago, OpheliaNohrPrincess said:

I would be overjoyed if you would get your facts straight and quit shittalking what you don't understand. Please and thank you <3

EDIT @OpheliaNohrPrincess we're not doing this in here. You can expect a PM telling you why you're wrong shortly. 

Edited by BANRYU

16 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

TBH I'm partially guilty of this, but it's more a matter of like... I decided to allocate my votes to characters I like that DID make it up there, like Lute and Owain (who were on my list initially, but was planning to axe in favor of other characters). I think to some extent there's no shame in pushing hard for one character to win or to get boosted, though. To each their own right? 

Aw hey, don't feel bad! I had a lot of characters I like that I had to cut out of my votes too; Soren, Hector, Sue, and a bunch of my favorite Awakening characters didn't make the bill for me =w= I think the important thing is that you voted for your top favorites, the ones who came to mind first. So don't get too down about it!

Even though I do like Camilla I'm hard-pressed to disagree SMH. Her writing is just bad most of the time, unfortunately. So much missed potential (although that's basically just Fates and most its characters in a nutshell isn't it lol. Corrin x Azura on conquest was about the only time I felt that any of that potential was ever really tapped for those two)

I would be overjoyed if you would get your facts straight and quit shittalking what you don't understand. Please and thank you <3

Uh...I can tell you are Tharja supporter that can't stand hate to an obvious fact no matter how you see it especially on how abusive she could be to others and you obviously didn't get the comment at all she curses anyone that she wants 1. Her daughter that's literally scared of objects that she thinks has hexes in them, 2. Her husband for no reason but to keep her away from constant hexes, and a few others that make her mad you have no defense but leave me out of your defense force thank you...

I happened to see this tweet earlier, that sounds suspiciously like we aren't getting Owain from the start?

I could see two reasons for this: either someone else voices *Owain* (which makes no frigging sense), or children characters are not in from the starts (which reminds me, I don't remember seeing anyone but Lucina in the trailer).

9 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I happened to see this tweet earlier, that sounds suspiciously like we aren't getting Owain from the start?

I could see two reasons for this: either someone else voices *Owain* (which makes no frigging sense), or children characters are not in from the starts (which reminds me, I don't remember seeing anyone but Lucina in the trailer).

Yeah that wouldn't make sense and I believe Selena and Laslow was shown in the group of characters unless they now don't consider them child characters anymore which makes sense in Fates but not in their real origin.

These results suck. Of course, this was expected, but I man, do I wish people thought more of FE than just Waifu and Memes. I mean come on, Tharja, Camilla, Azura, Corrin, DORCAS?! Why cant people just vote how I want them too and judge only on personality?! Why?!

10 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

These results suck. Of course, this was expected, but I man, do I wish people thought more of FE than just Waifu and Memes. I mean come on, Tharja, Camilla, Azura, Corrin, DORCAS?! Why cant people just vote how I want them too and judge only on personality?! Why?!

I agree to some extent, I think Camilla and Tharja are terrible choices, but people will be people. If it makes you feel better, I judge solely on personality + design. No "waifu" or "husbando" or "meme" ridiculousness here.

The weird part is that Azura is on your list of terrible characters. You know, the elegant, mysterious, beautiful songstress. What about her is so terrible? In terms of character depth she's equivalent to some Tellius characters, and she's hardly as sexy or controversial as Camilla or Tharja. Not insulting you, I'm just curious.

For Azura, I assume it's more "waifuism" than anything given how popular Corrin x Azura seems to be as a pairing. I like her as a character, but I don't like that pairing because it's incest. I mean literal incest. The two are actually related by blood.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

For one thing, they vote how they want to vote; you can't stop them from voting like that especially if they actually like the character(s) and want them to get wallpaper calendars and special costumes, no matter how shallow their reasoning may be. And personality and/or gameplay reasons can also be factors in making a character "waifu" or "husbando" material or just a favorite in general. (Hector is considered by many to be "broken" by many non-LTCers and has a non-traditional personality for a lord at the time; Donnel is considered a "god" by many casual players and America generally likes underdog stories; Nephenee is not only just a pretty face but she's also considered by many to be a great lance unit; Camilla may be Miss Fanservice but she's good even as a prepromoted unit and makes a good mother for several children).

4 minutes ago, Gima said:

The weird part is that Azura is on your list of terrible characters. You know, the elegant, mysterious, beautiful songstress. What about her is so terrible? In terms of character depth she's equivalent to some Tellius characters, and she's hardly as sexy or controversial as Camilla or Tharja. Not insulting you, I'm just curious.

Quite a few people dislike Azura mainly because of how she's portrayed in Fates' story. Whenever she's not being used as an exposition bot, she's just so overly mysterious and quiet that the story could have changed drastically if she were to actually speak up though this is more of the fault of writers wanting players to buy the other storylines (Conquest Ch. 15 is a glaring example if you have played Revelation beforehand).

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Quite a few people dislike Azura mainly because of how she's portrayed in Fates' story. Whenever she's not being used as an exposition bot, she's just so overly mysterious and quiet that the story could have changed drastically if she were to actually speak up though this is more of the fault of writers wanting players to buy the other storylines (Conquest Ch. 15 is a glaring example if you have played Revelation beforehand).

All of this is true, but very little of it has to do with Azura, and more with how Fates is handled in general. You would be misblaming her.

Edited by Gima

20 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

For one thing, they vote how they want to vote; you can't stop them from voting like that especially if they actually like the character(s) and want them to get wallpaper calendars and special costumes, no matter how shallow their reasoning may be. And personality and/or gameplay reasons can also be factors in making a character "waifu" or "husbando" material or just a favorite in general. (Hector is considered by many to be "broken" by many non-LTCers and has a non-traditional personality for a lord at the time; Donnel is considered a "god" by many casual players and America generally likes underdog stories; Nephenee is not only just a pretty face but she's also considered by many to be a great lance unit; Camilla may be Miss Fanservice but she's good even as a prepromoted unit and makes a good mother for several children).

My prior comment was more of an exaggeration of my feelings. The hyperbole's purpose was to be slightly comical. I just wish people voted for the people I voted for. Because I sure that's what we all wish for.

Also, Azura is actually growing on me as  character as I read more of her supports. Just found Kaden and Azura and I love it! S-Support is pretty underwhelming though. But before I considered Azura to be a bland, and as previously stated an Exposition Bot.

1 hour ago, 1japanfan said:

I fully agree with you alot just vote for forced try hard in your face "looks" but you gotta hope good things come out of it for me ie it is Lyn, Eirika, Micaiah, Hector, Ike, Roy, Ephraim, Tiki, Mia, Lute, Cordelia, Marth and Nephenee all that are actually good looking with appeal and have great personalities these are the saving graces for me so there are good things out of this!

18 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

Also, Azura is actually growing on me as  character as I read more of her supports. Just found Kaden and Azura and I love it! S-Support is pretty underwhelming though. But before I considered Azura to be a bland, and as previously stated an Exposition Bot.

Azura as a character actually benefits greatly from her support conversations, since they grant insight into her personality, relationships with her family and others, and why she acts as she does. You can see this thread for suggestions. Her support with Arthur in particular is highly regarded.

Edited by Lightchao42

I hate all three with a passion, so any of them winning would annoy me. It's the only reason I would ever hope for Lyn to beat them, because while I don't like her either, I don't think she's god awful like those three.

I wish there were better females in the female column (I also hate Mia and I don't care much for Nephenee and feel she was a missed opportunity since I usually like characters with southern accents). But nobody seems to care much for well-written and amazingly designed characters like Elincia, Marcia, Titania, Jill, Mist, and maybe more. I do have a lot of Tellius bias, sorry. xP

The only females in the top 20 that I like are Cordelia and Azura and they're not even among my top favorite females. Those are Elincia, Marcia, and Jill.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Res said:

@BANRYU I see a lot of hate for Takumi from people who have only played Conquest, or who played Conquest first, then didn't bother to unlock his supports in the other paths.

I don't really hate Takumi, but I have to side with my Leo.

I feel about Takumi like I do my Emo younger cousins.

@ the Azura discussion, I don't dislike her per se, I just wish she wasn't such a bondage slave to the plot in the main story. She gets a lot better with supports, certainly, but it's a shame that she becomes so bland if you play the game without doing much of the supports. 

15 minutes ago, Res said:

@BANRYU I see a lot of hate for Takumi from people who have only played Conquest, or who played Conquest first, then didn't bother to unlock his supports in the other paths.

That's weird, because I didn't even think he was that bad in Conquest (even as someone who played it first)? Like... he's super angry and constantly antagonistic and I get that defensive counter-hostility is a thing for players sometimes, but I could appreciate where he was coming from (even without the whole possession/manipulation thing) and that his reactions were very understandable and relatable for his position in everything, I thought. He expressed a lot of the passion and outrage I expected and never got from Corrin (in any route lol), and I appreciated that. Corrin wasn't NEARLY as torn up about his mom as Takumi was, so far as I recall. 

Edited by BANRYU

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hate all three with a passion, so any of them winning would annoy me. It's the only reason I would ever hope for Lyn to beat them, because while I don't like her either, I don't think she's god awful like those three.

I wish there were better females in the female column (I also hate Mia and I don't care much for Nephenee and feel she was a missed opportunity since I usually like characters with southern accents). But nobody seems to care much for well-written and amazingly designed characters like Elincia, Marcia, Titania, Jill, Mist, and maybe more. I do have a lot of Tellius bias, sorry. xP

The only females in the top 20 that I like are Cordelia and Azura and they're not even among my top favorite females. Those are Elincia, Marcia, and Jill.

I voted for Elincia and i'm kind of ticked she isn't on there but for me two of my favorites made it on the top 10 (Eirika and Micaiah). I like a lot of the female characters on the top 20 there except for Nino, Nowi, and Lucina.  For the guys I don't really care who wins because the ones I dislike aren't going to win like Corrin/Ephraim/Takumi/Hector/Henry. I don't really care for Ike or Roy much but they're their own character with distinct look hence I'm okay with them winning. I just don't like the idea of the female side being represented with the Marth expy.

Edited by Sweet_Basil