Poll Results Update - Current Top 20 of each gender

BANRYU

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't really hate Takumi, but I have to side with my Leo.

I feel about Takumi like I do my Emo younger cousins.

Well, nobody's perfect. ;)

35 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

That's weird, because I didn't even think he was that bad in Conquest (even as someone who played it first)? Like... he's super angry and constantly antagonistic and I get that defensive counter-hostility is a thing for players sometimes, but I could appreciate where he was coming from (even without the whole possession/manipulation thing) and that his reactions were very understandable and relatable for his position in everything, I thought. He expressed a lot of the passion and outrage I expected and never got from Corrin (in any route lol), and I appreciated that. Corrin wasn't NEARLY as torn up about his mom as Takumi was, so far as I recall. 

I agree! But I think a lot of players didn't consider his motives too closely.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Res said:

I agree! But I think a lot of players didn't consider his motives too closely.

I guess?? It just seemed obvious/elementary to me and I didn't think I was thinking about it too hard or anything, but you might be right. 

12 hours ago, Gima said:

All of this is true, but very little of it has to do with Azura, and more with how Fates is handled in general. You would be misblaming her.

What exactly does this even mean? Azura being handled poorly in the main story both in terms of personality and relevance reflects badly upon her as a character even if her supports are good. This argument is so broad that it means nothing; when Azura goes on yet another exposition dump and tells Corrin - and therefore the player - what to do and think, I'm not going to go "well, at least she had a charming conversation with Harold".

Edited by Thane

Just now, Thane said:

What exactly does this even mean? Azura being handled poorly in the main story both in terms of personality and relevance reflects poorly upon her as a character even if her supports are good. This argument is so broad that it means nothing; when Azura holds yet another exposition dump and telling Corrin - and therefore the player - what to do and think, I'm not going to go "well, at least she had a charming conversation with Harold".

Yes, true, my point is that it's out of character. With characters like Camilla and Tharja, it's "their fault" that they're unlikable because they're never out of character: Camilla is always her obsessive sibling-fucking self, and Tharja is always the abusive stalker (even if her abuse isn't out hate: abuse is abuse!) Meanwhile there's no real explanation as to why Azura doesn't say anything. She just doesn't. Sure, she's secretive, but you can't blame her for not acting any more than you can blame Corrin in Conquest...

1 minute ago, Gima said:

Yes, true, my point is that it's out of character. With characters like Camilla and Tharja, it's "their fault" that they're unlikable because they're never out of character: Camilla is always her obsessive sibling-fucking self, and Tharja is always the abusive stalker (even if her abuse isn't out hate: abuse is abuse!) Meanwhile there's no real explanation as to why Azura doesn't say anything. She just doesn't. Sure, she's secretive, but you can't blame her for not acting any more than you can blame Corrin in Conquest...

First of all, you're ignoring the supports in which Tharja shows her kindness - it's not very hard to find them, three of them being Nowi, Virion and Vaike's. Hell, even Camilla has a few friendly supports.

Secondly, Azura is the key to the entire plot of Fates and the only reason there's even a split path in the first place. Her silence has a profound negative impact on the story as a whole, unlike Tharja and once again even Camilla.

Thirdly, did you just bloody forget how she suggests invading Hoshido? 

Just now, Thane said:

First of all, you're ignoring the supports in which Tharja shows her kindness - it's not very hard to find them, three of them being Nowi, Virion and Vaike's. Hell, even Camilla has a few friendly supports.

Secondly, Azura is the key to the entire plot of Fates and the only reason there's even a split path in the first place. Her silence has a profound negative impact on the story as a whole, unlike Tharja and once again even Camilla.

Thirdly, did you just bloody forget how she suggests invading Hoshido? 

...No, I'm not forgetting the supports in which Tharja shows her kindness. I don't dislike the character, I'm just pointing out why others dislike her. Same goes for Camilla.

And it's true that her silence has a profound negative impact on the story as a whole, but again it's not because she's in character. You can dislike this character because of her out of character moments, I'm just arguing you shouldn't.

...And, when does she do that? I haven't finished Conquest or Revelations and haven't played Birthright in months.

Just now, Gima said:

...No, I'm not forgetting the supports in which Tharja shows her kindness. I don't dislike the character, I'm just pointing out why others dislike her. Same goes for Camilla.

8 minutes ago, Gima said:

and Tharja is always the abusive stalker 

1 minute ago, Gima said:

And it's true that her silence has a profound negative impact on the story as a whole, but again it's not because she's in character. You can dislike this character because of her out of character moments, I'm just arguing you shouldn't.

So Azura's arbitrary silence which dooms the world in both Birthright and Conquest should not reflect poorly upon her? And I shouldn't care about how she's an emotionless shell of a character throughout all three main routes that the writers only pop in there to explain the plot? Then what am I supposed to judge her character on? Should I only read the supports and forget about just how bad she is in the main story?

4 minutes ago, Gima said:

...And, when does she do that? I haven't finished Conquest or Revelations and haven't played Birthright in months.

Chapter 15 of Conquest.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

So Azura's arbitrary silence which dooms the world in both Birthright and Conquest should not reflect poorly upon her? And I shouldn't care about how she's an emotionless shell of a character throughout all three main routes that the writers only pop in there to explain the plot? Then what am I supposed to judge her character on? Should I only read the supports and forget about just how bad she is in the main story?

Chapter 15 of Conquest.

...Fine then. If you don't feel the same way, then fine.

Nice, good to see some Sacred Stones characters up there.

Wish I could have seen some more FE4, but it's to be expected that it's a much less popular/well-known game in the series.

I wanted to mention that I saw a lot of people getting upset about Etika affecting the polls, and I agree, but at the same time, Donnel's not the only one.

There are characters like Lute who were obviously affected by Ghast's videos, and I don't think that's such a bad thing.  If someone votes for a character because content by a youtuber they enjoy included that character or something along those lines, I think that's alright.

I personally voted for Lute twice, not just because I love Ghast's videos, but because I find her an interesting character.  I think there can be a good mix.

12 minutes ago, CWGameplay said:

Nice, good to see some Sacred Stones characters up there.

Wish I could have seen some more FE4, but it's to be expected that it's a much less popular/well-known game in the series.

I wanted to mention that I saw a lot of people getting upset about Etika affecting the polls, and I agree, but at the same time, Donnel's not the only one.

There are characters like Lute who were obviously affected by Ghast's videos, and I don't think that's such a bad thing.  If someone votes for a character because content by a youtuber they enjoy included that character or something along those lines, I think that's alright.

I personally voted for Lute twice, not just because I love Ghast's videos, but because I find her an interesting character.  I think there can be a good mix.

Thats still not making your own personal decision at least I like Lute so that gets a pass never heard of the guy you mentioned before though the name does ring a bell to me.

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But nobody seems to care much for well-written and amazingly designed characters like Elincia, Marcia, Titania, Jill, Mist, and maybe more. I do have a lot of Tellius bias, sorry. xP

Well I wouldn't say amazingly written.... more like she was written ok....

6 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

Well I wouldn't say amazingly written.... more like she was written ok....

No way, she's one of the best written and most developed characters in the series. In PoR, she goes from a scared, nervous, and rather weak princess to a warrior princess fighting to save her people even though they had no idea who she was, and in RD she ditches some insecurities to stand up and stop Ludveck. She grows stronger as a person and becomes more capable of making her own decisions and being comfortable with said decisions.

Edited by Anacybele

Seriously. People throwing a fit about Etika need to stop. Am I a fan of his? No, but he is as much a fan of Fire Emblem as everyone else. People enjoy his videos because he learns. He has gradually gotten better at the series over time. It is an interesting thing to watch, and I will be honest he can be funny at times. I'm not exactly a frequent watcher, but I see why others are.

Him supposedly influencing the polls is such a stupid thing to throw a fit about. Especially when Dorcas is on there. Fucking Dorcas, who has his place on the poll because of a MEME. HE IS A JOKE AND GOT ON THERE BECAUSE OF A JOKE. Seriously when was the last time any one of you looked at Dorcas and sincerely liked his character and thought you would vote for him in a popularity poll? When? But because everyone finds that funny, that is completely fine. It's hypocracy at its finest.

Etika isn't 4chan collectively deciding to vote for the new name for Mountain Dew, he isn't the internet deciding Pitbul is going to perform outside a Walmart in Alaska, he is an internet youtuber that has entertained others through Fire Emblem, and therefore has brought more people to be fans of the series. His influence is not going to put Donnel at the top. 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

No way, she's one of the best-written and most developed characters in the series. In PoR, she goes from a scared, nervous princess to a warrior princess fighting to save her people even though they had no idea who she was, and in RD she ditches some insecurities to stand up and stop Ludveck. She grows stronger as a person and becomes more capable of making her own decisions and being comfortable with said decisions.

Sorry... its just my opinion...

Elincia is all right. She's not badly written or anything, her story is just fairly typical hero's journey fare, differentiated mainly by the fact that she's a woman (they don't get the 'hero's journey' story treatment as often) but not too much else. It's good, but nothing I'd call exceptional. 

8 hours ago, Gima said:

lol Tharja isn't an abuser anyone who claims otherwise is twisting the evidence

Anyway, my wife and I both like Lute and are voting for her, we hope she'll get some more ground but sadly I doubt she'll make the top 10. 

....y'know, looking at the frontrunners again, I realize that Cordelia's the only one on the top 10 that I don't really get the hype behind. Like... I know she was one of the top-voted females in the Awakening and all, and I get that she's pretty and talented and stuff, but like.... why.... IS she so popular....?? I don't dislike her or anything, I just don't get it. 

So... I guess it'd be nice if Azura, Micaiah, f!Robin, and someone like Tiki or Lute got enough votes to bump her off the list for me personally I guess...? But I'm not really expecting Lute to be able to make up that much ground... (christ just realized that Nowi is #11 as well... that's... kind of uncomfortable knowledge haha.... ;;;; ) Man, I think Tiki is my best hope at this point. Kind of wondering if maybe I should have pulled stronger for her.... haha, well... too late at this point. =3=

15 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

....y'know, looking at the frontrunners again, I realize that Cordelia's the only one on the top 10 that I don't really get the hype behind. Like... I know she was one of the top-voted females in the Awakening and all, and I get that she's pretty and talented and stuff, but like.... why.... IS she so popular....?? I don't dislike her or anything, I just don't get it. 

So... I guess it'd be nice if Azura, Micaiah, f!Robin, and someone like Tiki or Lute got enough votes to bump her off the list for me personally I guess...? But I'm not really expecting Lute to be able to make up that much ground... (christ just realized that Nowi is #11 as well... that's... kind of uncomfortable knowledge haha.... ;;;; ) Man, I think Tiki is my best hope at this point. Kind of wondering if maybe I should have pulled stronger for her.... haha, well... too late at this point. =3=

I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think it's because Cordelia is pretty, nice, and has a sympathetic backstory, amongst other things like being talented but relatable and having a tsundere daughter. Other characters may have those things but that's the impression I get. Though I did marry her in my first Awakening run so maybe I'm in a position to know...?

Regardless, you still have one more day to vote, so vote for Tiki or whoever else if you really want to! Just as long as you don't vote for someone who's already in the top five twice.

Edited by Lightchao42

14 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Let's see... pretty, talented, is a good unit on the battlefield (lol, Pegasus Knight at base and Merc and Dark Mage reclass), is mother to a popular child character, and I can only guess that many players who play Fire Emblem Awakening as a dating sim would find Cordelia to be a relatable character at least in part because of her unrequited crush on Chrom.

Edited by Roflolxp54

12 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I can't really speak for others, but I know why I personally love Cordelia.

For me I can almost relate to her in the way that she wants people to think that's she's perfect, and tries that to exhaustion almost.

She worries almost more about what others think of her than she takes care of herself and I think a lot of people, myself included, can easily relate to that.

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think it's because Cordelia is pretty, nice, and has a sympathetic backstory, amongst other things like being talented but relatable and having a tsundere daughter. Other characters may have those things but that's the impression I get. Though I did marry her in my first Awakening run so maybe I'm in a position to know...?

Regardless, you still have one more day to vote, so vote for Tiki or whoever else if you really want to! Just as long as you don't vote for someone who's already in the top five twice.

30 minutes ago, CWGameplay said:

I can't really speak for others, but I know why I personally love Cordelia.

For me I can almost relate to her in the way that she wants people to think that's she's perfect, and tries that to exhaustion almost.

She worries almost more about what others think of her than she takes care of herself and I think a lot of people, myself included, can easily relate to that.

31 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Let's see... pretty, talented, is a good unit on the battlefield (lol, Pegasus Knight at base and Merc and Dark Mage reclass), is mother to a popular child character, and I can only guess that many players who play Fire Emblem Awakening as a dating sim would find Cordelia to be a relatable character at least in part because of her unrequited crush on Chrom.

28 minutes ago, Gima said:

Cordelia is a very beautiful and sympathetic character.

I guess that's what does it! ;3 I suppose in my case not understanding is just a matter of personal preference (Tharja being more my type of character after all lol... I find her misanthropy and aversion to social interaction relatable, personally XwX). I guess it's been a while since I thought of Awakening and Cordelia, I didn't realize she was so relatable for so many people; I can respect that. Well in that case I'm happy for y'all that Cordelia did so well lol.

@Lightchao42 My last vote was pledged to trying to help Owain get a little higher haha ;; It basically is too late, if I REALLY wanted to help Tiki I'd have had to decide that from the start, or at least from the info from the midpoint polls, and I'd have had to give her the votes that I pledged to obscure favorites like Erk, Canas, Knoll, Idunn, Cormag, etc.... I'm a little sad I couldn't boost Tiki more than the 1 vote I gave her, but to some extent I don't regret it too much; even if they don't have much of a chance, I still voted for my favorites at least =w=

Edited by BANRYU

I still hate Lucina with a passion, but Cordelia is awesome and one of the few relatable characters in Awakening, imo. She, Freddy, and Inigo are my favorite characters in the game.

6 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I'd like to see Cordelia in FE Heroes from the start. She's pretty cute and has a unique character personality.

She's not that unique. :/ She's pretty much Awakening's version of Catria. I'd probably like Catria as well if I was more familiar with Archanea.