FE 7 - Inserting Map Sprite Help

nightgale

I have been following Arch's tutorial and inserting map sprites and cannot get this to work for the life of me. I am wondering if anyone here is able to help.

Objective: I am trying to replace the Nomadic Trouper (F) in Fire Emblem 7 with Halberdier.

Issue: The halberdier standing sprite seen on the map is cycling between a  tent and two halberdier map sprites (pictured in attachment). Note: The halberdier sprite shown in the detail character view appears correctly.

Here are the steps I have taken. I have also attached a screenshot attachment that shows images along the way of my progress.

STEP 1: Inserted Halberdier Standing Map Sprite at DD0000 using GBAGE.
- Compressed graphics was checked.
- Verified in Hex Editor

STEP 2: Repeat Step 1 for Halberdier Moving Sprite at DD0180.
- Compressed graphics was checked.
- Verified in Hex Editor

STEP 3: Opened Nightmare Module Standing Sprite Editor and changed 0x29 (linked to standing sprite of Nomadic Trouper (F) found in the Class Editor) and changed the graphics pointer to DD0000.

STEP 4: Changed the Map Animation Pointer to DD0180. Saved

STEP 5: Changed Bernard Class in Whereabouts unknown to Nomadic Trouper (F) for testing purpose. Assembled using Event Assembler with no errors. Just changed a number. Opened to game to witness to issue.

FE7_MapInsertIssue.png