"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd question, should I give someone a Hammer+ who doesn't have one?

I have a spare Cherche with a bad nature, and I'm currently undecided on if I should merge to my current Cherche [+Atk -HP] or improve my armor killing abilities in the same way I did Soleil.

I have a +Atk -Res Summer Tiki +2 merge I don't use for much besides being a softer wall than many of the other green walls I own, so I could probably use her for that purpose if the role of green wall is already being done ten-fold. It's not like the niche behind the Melon Crusher has been pivitol to my needs often anyways...

Silas (+SPD/-HP) will be my Bonus unit for arena tomorrow and needs to kill everything. I gave him QR3 seal and Bonfire so far. 

Not sure for the B-slot though. Should be a cheap, level 3 (for scoring) and effective.

• Renewal would be ok to keep QR up, but I have only 4 Faes left and it wouldn't be too useful in AA later.
  • Vantage would be another option
  • Swordbreaker would be overkill
  • Blue tome breaker is too rare
  • Lancebreaker would be ok too
  • Quick Riposte 2 would be perfect, but it will lower my team score by 2. 

Any suggestions? 

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Odd question, should I give someone a Hammer+ who doesn't have one?

I have a spare Cherche with a bad nature, and I'm currently undecided on if I should merge to my current Cherche [+Atk -HP] or improve my armor killing abilities in the same way I did Soleil.

I have a +Atk -Res Summer Tiki +2 merge I don't use for much besides being a softer wall than many of the other green walls I own, so I could probably use her for that purpose if the role of green wall is already being done ten-fold. It's not like the niche behind the Melon Crusher has been pivitol to my needs often anyways...

I think it's a good idea to have some anti-armor units. Cherche doesn't need the +1 merge (even if the first merge gives +1 ATK) and it doesn't sound like you want to go +10 with her. 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Silas (+SPD/-HP) will be my Bonus unit for arena tomorrow and needs to kill everything. I gave him QR3 seal and Bonfire so far. 

Not sure for the B-slot though. Should be a cheap, level 3 (for scoring) and effective.

• Renewal would be ok to keep QR up, but I have only 4 Faes left and it wouldn't be too useful in AA later.

Any suggestions?

I'm a terrible person that sometimes runs Escape Route on my defensive units.  Once they tank a hit, they can run away.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Any suggestions? 

I think it's a good idea to have some anti-armor units. Cherche doesn't need the +1 merge (even if the first merge gives +1 ATK) and it doesn't sound like you want to go +10 with her. 

First, assuming you're keeping his default skillset, an odd idea would be to go for Obstruct. He's a wall, and if the enemy can't get past him (especially given some of the tight spaces on some Arena maps), that could actually work to the enemies detrament not being allowed past to ignore Silas. And of course WoM or ER are fine ideas to, especially since they're worth the most SP for slightly better score.

Second, it's not like I don't want to +10 merge Cherche (I mean, it'd be possible to make her reach 60 Atk before DB3 or DB4 are triggered), but as is I'm not really focused on +10ing any unit on purpose.

...plus I have [+Atk -Res] Cherche waiting for a promotion, so she'll get the +1 Atk one day anyways.

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Any suggestions? 

Since he already has the QR3 seal, if you just want a cheap 200 SP skill, you could do worse than Obs-

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

First, assuming you're keeping his default skillset, an odd idea would be to go for Obstruct. He's a wall, and if the enemy can't get past him (especially given some of the tight spaces on some Arena maps), that could actually work to the enemies detrament not being allowed past to ignore Silas. And of course WoM or ER are fine ideas to, especially since they're worth the most SP for slightly better score.

I've been obstructed!

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm a terrible person that sometimes runs Escape Route on my defensive units.  Once they tank a hit, they can run away.

Sounds fun, but as a bonus unit he'll only be allowed to run away after killing everyone. 

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Yeah, he'll keep his default kit. I think it will work fine enough and I don't want to invest too much into him. 

Obstruct is something I haven't considered so far. Perhaps it could work, but usually my team members don't have problems to tank a hit (they could accidentally kill the attacker though). WoM is great, but a precious skill that I need for my One-Turn clears. 

Second, it's not like I don't want to +10 merge Cherche (I mean, it'd be possible to make her reach 60 Atk before DB3 or DB4 are triggered), but as is I'm not really focused on +10ing any unit on purpose.

...plus I have [+Atk -Res] Cherche waiting for a promotion, so she'll get the +1 Atk one day anyways.

If merging Cherche to +10 is a long-term goal, then I would merge your spare copy. In AA Tiki will kill armors also with a basic hammer. 

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Since he already has the QR3 seal, if you just want a cheap 200 SP skill, you could do worse than Obs-

If I gave him QR2, he could run CD3 seal instead. That would dump my team score by 2 though and getting into tier 21 is always a very close call for me. 

My alternatives would be 5* Garon (unbuilt) and Fjorm 5* Anna (Fury), but I don't think they'd kill more easily. 

Edited by mampfoid
Anna -> Fjorm

just a quick question again. 
someone explained it to me, but i'm slow, so i am just asking for clarity again. unless i need a metric tonne of SP - it makes more sense to (for example, Nino as i have 10 copies of her) to upgrade all 10 (feathers permitting) to Gold, then trade those Golds then merge (because their stats revert to what it would be as a "Gold" unit - not a "I trained everyone through bronze, and i get a boon for silver, 
(correct?)

31 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

someone explained it to me, but i'm slow, so i am just asking for clarity again. unless i need a metric tonne of SP - it makes more sense to (for example, Nino as i have 10 copies of her) to upgrade all 10 (feathers permitting) to Gold, then trade those Golds then merge (because their stats revert to what it would be as a "Gold" unit - not a "I trained everyone through bronze, and i get a boon for silver, 
(correct?)

I don't quite follow the question, but in terms of SP for units, I find levelling to 40 twice is more than enough SP for whatever I need. This works regardless of whether it's a single unit, or a merge project. Both these approaches work fine:

a) Level to 40 as a 4-star unit, promote, then level to 40 again at 5-star. Add merges later, don't worry about levelling them.

b) Level two 5-star units separately, both to 40, learn different skills on each of them, then merge them together.

Note that each 5-star merge adds 120sp to the base unit so if you're merging that many copies together, you probably won't even need to do any of the above.

41 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(correct?)

What do you mean "trade the Golds then merge"?

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I think she means train 5* units and then merge.

57 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(correct?)

Yeah, as @Humanoid said, you generally just need to train your units to from 0 to 40 about 2 or 3 times if you are only going to give them one skill set, so once you get them to 5*, you just need to train the first 2 or 3 merges. I personally prefer to train them when they are 4* since it is more efficient at grinding SP, and then promote them to 5* and then merge.

I personally prefer to leave an extra 1,000 to 2,000 SP in case I need to inherit more skills in the future, so I do it about 2 or 3 times for the first few merges, then train the base copy up from 3/4* to 5* to grind SP, and then merge the 5*+9 fodder into the base copy.

36 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I don't quite follow the question, but in terms of SP for units, I find levelling to 40 twice is more than enough SP for whatever I need. This works regardless of whether it's a single unit, or a merge project. Both these approaches work fine:

a) Level to 40 as a 4-star unit, promote, then level to 40 again at 5-star. Add merges later, don't worry about levelling them.

b) Level two 5-star units separately, both to 40, learn different skills on each of them, then merge them together.

Note that each 5-star merge adds 120sp to the base unit so if you're merging that many copies together, you probably won't even need to do any of the above.

i have 5 silver Ninos, and 5 Bronze ones. 
so i was wondering really if it makes sense to do my bronze Ninos ALL the way to 40 (or any Bronze units i want to upgrade, ie: Alphonse/Anna/Olivias etc), or just make them silver. THEN do 40 (upgrade) 40 (upgrade/merge). like you don't get extra stats from doing Bronze 40 (to Silver 1),do you? you only get what that unit's boon/bane would be?

35 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

i meant train. lol i got auto-corrected. 

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think she means train 5* units and then merge.

Yeah, as @Humanoid said, you generally just need to train your units to from 0 to 40 about 2 or 3 times if you are only going to give them one skill set, so once you get them to 5*, you just need to train the first 2 or 3 merges. I personally prefer to train them when they are 4* since it is more efficient at grinding SP, and then promote them to 5* and then merge.

I personally prefer to leave an extra 1,000 to 2,000 SP in case I need to inherit more skills in the future, so I do it about 2 or 3 times for the first few merges, then train the base copy up from 3/4* to 5* to grind SP, and then merge the 5*+9 fodder into the base copy.

thanks. :)
then I'll promote my Bronze Ninos. I think because she and Caeda are taking the most of my barrack space (well them and Barte and i hate him), the faster i can start merging  the better. 

thanks everyone!

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

i have 5 silver Ninos, and 5 Bronze ones. 
so i was wondering really if it makes sense to do my bronze Ninos ALL the way to 40 (or any Bronze units i want to upgrade, ie: Alphonse/Anna/Olivias etc), or just make them silver. THEN do 40 (upgrade) 40 (upgrade/merge). like you don't get extra stats from doing Bronze 40 (to Silver 1),do you? you only get what that unit's boon/bane would be?

Yeah, there's no reason to level them before promoting, there's no benefit other than SP.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

then I'll promote my Bronze Ninos. I think because she and Caeda are taking the most of my barrack space (well them and Barte and i hate him), the faster i can start merging  the better. 

You can freely turn the extras into combat manuals.

I think because she and Caeda are taking the most of my barrack space (well them and Barte and i hate him), the faster i can start merging  the better. 

You can turn them into Combat Manuals to save Barracks space.

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i meant train. lol i got auto-corrected. 

Oh LEL, then yep, what everyone else said is the way to go~

For the Combat Manuals, just go to Manage Barrack and turn all your fodder that's taking up space into a Combat Manual~ You can't turn them back, but you can raise their potential without having to grind them to Level 20~

Edited by Landmaster

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, there's no reason to level them before promoting, there's no benefit other than SP.

You can freely turn the extras into combat manuals.

Just now, XRay said:

You can turn them into Combat Manuals to save Barracks space.

what's that now?

what's that now?

Tap <Allies> icon on the bottom, tap <Manage Barracks> in the menu, then tap <Create Manual>.

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and when it's time to get his skills how do i access the manual?

The same way you use the normal heroes for inheritance, except the manuals are in the very bottom of the list, or in the top of the list with the “priority” toggle turned on.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

but you can raise their potential without having to grind them to Level 20~

With the update that added Combat Manuals, they also made it so that promotion didn't require leveling at all on non-Combat Manuals, as well.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With the update that added Combat Manuals, they also made it so that promotion didn't require leveling at all on non-Combat Manuals, as well.

For real? Didn't realize it was for regular units, too. Nice!

Semi-quick question, but I have a few units with nice-looking natures on paper, but I wonder if the ones I'm using are better.

Laevatein [+Def -Res] Current [+Spd -Def] (Brings Defense up to good level after Fury 3 and Atk/Def Link are triggered, and without Odd Spd Wave Laev doesn't really have much speed even with +Spd nature, but considering the role she serves as a Blade-blader, the drop in Def theoretically should matter less than the speed boost, even on enemy phase)

Lute [+Spd -HP] Current [+Res -HP] (Lets Lute outspeed so many things even if they don't have Weirding Tome triggered on them. What makes me hesitate is that Weirding Tome + Fury 3 let Lute hit 38 speed naturally, and 40 Res lets her ploy a sizable number of enemy units, so she's already considerably faster than most enemies anyways.)

Amelia [+Def -Spd] Current [+Atk -Spd] (I'm on the fence here, because I could make her into a Slaying Axe + Galeforce + Bold Fighter with the +Atk I currently have, or just let her be yet another defensive green that seems to work well despite how many I have. She also already has Galeforce, so...)

Edited by Xenomata