"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, XRay said:

My Ryoma is benched, but if he were to be built, I would give him the following:
+Atk -Res
Raijinto, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte

If I feel like spending more resources on him, I would opt for the following instead:
+Spd -Res
Slaying Edge, Draconic Aura
Life and Death, Swordbreaker

You have a +Atk -Res Ryoma, and you don't use him!? That's literally the perfect IV set for Heavy Blade 3 Aether with QR DC. That's literally all I want to run on my Ryoma lol.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Logos said:

You have a +Atk -Res Ryoma, and you don't use him!? That's literally the perfect IV set for Heavy Blade 3 Aether with QR DC. That's literally all I want to run on my Ryoma lol.

I have a [+Atk, -HP] one that is leveled but not built. If I get a [+Atk, -Res], then great; if not, then it does not really matter since I am not going to use him anyways. I bench most of my melee units, especially infantry and armor ones; the only exception is Olivia since she is a Dancer. Heavy Blade is a subpar skill that I would probably never use.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Now that I think about it, Swordbreaker might not be the best since she can easily be knocked out by sword units on the counter in the Arena. However, I do not think Caeda's sustainability should be prioritized since her melee match up is quite poor, so I do not think it is a good idea to make her fight more than once per map against melee units. I think it is more important to make sure she performs her best in her first round of combat with Life and Death rather than missing a kill and wasting a turn.

So, if not Swordbreaker, what other B Passive would accomplish that goal? Or perhaps a better thing to ask would be: with Swordbreaker off the table, is there really a compelling reason to not increase her sustainability with, say, Desperation? It’s not like she’s missing many doubles with her Spd stat, especially with Flier support on top.

I would say that Caeda is a case where you would want to consider Swift Sparrow instead of Life and Death for PP offense purposes. She wants the Atk/Spd boosts, but would really rather keep what Def she has intact. Keeping her 31/34 Res is nice, too.

As an aside, my personal experience disagrees with your assessment about her performance against melee units. However, I did put in some high SI investment, build a team around her, and give her Summoner Support (which is why my comment here is just an aside).

Edited by LordFrigid

27 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

So, if not Swordbreaker, what other B Passive would accomplish that goal? Or perhaps a better thing to ask would be: with Swordbreaker off the table, is there really a compelling reason to not increase her sustainability? It’s not like she’s missing many doubles with her Spd stat, especially with Flier support on top.

I would say that Caeda is a case where you would want to consider Swift Sparrow instead of Life and Death for PP offense purposes. She wants the Atk/Spd boosts, but would really rather keep what Def she has intact. Keeping her 31/34 Res is nice, too.

As an aside, my personal experience disagrees with your assessment about her performance against melee units. However, I did put in some high SI investment, build a team around her, and give her Summoner Support (which is why my comment here is just an aside).

With buffs, Swordbreaker becomes unnecessary and she can run Desperation, so as long as she can kill things in two hits without a Special, she should be fine. It just seems awkward to make unit fulfill a role that its stat distribution is not optimized for.

Yeah, I ran Life and Death and Swift Sparrow in the calculator against Ayra, Ike, and Ryoma, and she needs Swift Sparrow to survive the latter two, although she will still be crippled against all three. Crippled is better than dying, so Swift Sparrow makes sense, but she will be in single digit HP, so I do not think she can do much fighting anymore unless it is against weakened units or units that cannot counter attack.

Any unit can do just about anything with the right skill set and support though.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

31 Resistance is still pretty high, so she is fine. She can still be a decent nuke.

If you want to run Blárblade, I would advise against using Ploy skills since she should run Life and Death to maximize her damage output. If you still want her to run a Ploy skill as a Blade mage, you can opt for Swift Sparrow, but that is a pretty expensive skill.

I see, then I guess I'll leave her as a blue Arvis, after all I have like 4 Blárblade users and waiting for Olwen to get a 5th one.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

It just seems awkward to make unit fulfill a role that its stat distribution is not optimized for.

I think that comes down to personal philosophy: using SI to augment a unit's existing abilities vs adding (or attempting to add) another dimension to them. I won't disagree that the former is usually the better option; I usually only opt for the latter if there's some heavy character favoritism involved.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I ran Life and Death and Swift Sparrow in the calculator against Ayra, Ike, and Ryoma, and she needs Swift Sparrow to survive the latter two, although she will still be crippled against all three. Crippled is better than dying, so Swift Sparrow makes sense, but she will be in single digit HP, so I do not think she can do much fighting anymore unless it is against weakened units or units that cannot counter attack.

Interestingly, my best response to that is what you stated just below.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Any unit can do just about anything with the right skill set and support though.

I was not attempting to deny that, I was actually trying to make my statement in such a way as to affirm it (i.e. "This is what I've seen, but I pulled out literally all the stops, so my experience should not be held up as an example of Caedas everywhere"). I apologize for failing to communicate that.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I usually only opt for the latter if there's some heavy character favoritism involved.

Well, I guess I cannot argue with favoritism. I killed off three Takumis on a whim to give triple Reinhardt defense team Close Counters.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I apologize for failing to communicate that.

No need to apologize. Communication involves two parties, so I need to read better.

So, I was foolish and decided to try for a second Nephenee, so I could potentially give Lyn Wrath or something. I did not get Nephenee, but I did get another Sonya when there weren't any blues to pick from. She's +Spd/-Def, which I think may be better than the +Res/-HP one I got before? Would it be worth merging that other one into this one now? And since her Spd is now a more respectable 34, should I give her some different skills to work with that?

24 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

So, I was foolish and decided to try for a second Nephenee, so I could potentially give Lyn Wrath or something. I did not get Nephenee, but I did get another Sonya when there weren't any blues to pick from. She's +Spd/-Def, which I think may be better than the +Res/-HP one I got before? Would it be worth merging that other one into this one now? And since her Spd is now a more respectable 34, should I give her some different skills to work with that?

I would actually keep both.

[+Res, -HP] is pretty good for tanking blue mages, especially Reinhardt; with Triangle Adept, the -HP is not that big of a deal. If you do not need a blue mage tank, I would merge this one into the nuking one.

I would give the [+Spd, -Def] one a more offensive skill set. She can run Life and Death and a Breaker or Desperation. You can also go Fury if you want to save Feathers or something, although she might have a harder time activating Desperation since she doubles a bit less.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would actually keep both.

[+Res, -HP] is pretty good for tanking blue mages, especially Reinhardt; with Triangle Adept, the -HP is not that big of a deal. If you do not need a blue mage tank, I would merge this one into the nuking one.

I would give the [+Spd, -Def] one a more offensive skill set. She can run Life and Death and a Breaker or Desperation. You can also go Fury if you want to save Feathers or something, although she might have a harder time activating Desperation since she doubles a bit less.

I don't have too much need for a blue mage tank, so I think I may just merge her. And if I can get Deirdre in the upcoming banner, I would rather build her that way instead, since her neutral Res is the same as +Res Sonya's.

That sounds good, about what I had expected. I did just spend a bunch of feathers to give Nephenee LaD3, but I think I'll wait until I can give it to Sonya as well instead of giving her Fury. Alternatively, if I get spare CYL Lyns or Ayras on the upcoming banner, I may give her Swift Sparrow to save feathers instead, even if giving her 7 Def would be fun to do at some point. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Atticus Lee said:

Don't have FEH downloaded anymore so I don't remember, but does attack animation for Bow users bend the actual bow sprite when they're retracting it?

No, it doesn’t.

On 22.11.2017 at 9:52 PM, tobuShogi said:

He only gets the extra charge if he's initiating the attack. The English text left that part out of the description. 

I just tried it out (again) and Roy gets the extra charge for each hit he does on PP but also on EP. 

On 11/22/2017 at 4:41 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Better worded: he only gets the extra charge when he hits the opponent and not the other way around. "Initiating the attack" implies player phase.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I just tried it out (again) and Roy gets the extra charge for each hit he does on PP but also on EP. 

Yeah, Ice Dragon pointed that out to me. I forgot to test the case where he can counter.  

My apologies for the confusion.

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Yeah, Ice Dragon pointed that out to me. I forgot to test the case where he can counter.  

My apologies for the confusion.

No problem, I'm confusing things myself all the time. Wish there was a more detailed in-game documentation, with examples and stuff. 

33 minutes ago, Logos said:

I have a +Atk - Def Brave Roy, I've given him Fury 3, Swordbreaker 3, and Draconic Aura is that a good combination or is Deathblow 3 better?

The skill combination is fine. Death Blow is primarily only for really slow Brave Weapon users.

What stat is more imporant for regular Camilla? +Atk or +Spd?

I pulled a +Spd/-Res one at 4 star, and I already have a +Atk/-Res Camilla at 5 star.

The Res bane is a bit of a bummer since that's what sets her apart from other axe fliers, but either of her boons sound pretty good. I just want to fodder the unneeded Camilla's Brave Axe+ to my Cherche, so I want to make sure I don't sacrifice the better one.

What will be better for a Def/Spd Beruka (running QR and Ignis)?

Among possibilities are Fortress Def, Steady Stance, and Close Def.

Steady Stance and Close Def are basically the same except that Steady works on bows and daggers, and Close Def works on dragonstones.

However, Beruka doesn’t have any business tanking dragons anyway with that glorious Res, and not even +6×2 Def will save her from brave bows.

Close Def is technically more easily available, now that Sigurd is a thing that exists. Fortress Def is more easily available anyway with 4★ Seth.

8 minutes ago, Mister Cold said:

I recently started playing again after pulling Nephenee and Mia (and choosing bow Lyn). 

But I'm wondering what I should focus on first. Doing the tempest trial or doing the november quests. 

Do the first 3 Tempest Trial runs to get the items and the 2 bonus point runs each day.

Then use the remaining stamina to do November Quests since that ends before the TT.

44 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@VaximillianI would still run Steady Stance. Only Brave Bows that quad and proc Luna can ORKO her when she is properly buffed, and normal bows aren’t even a problem.

@Vaximillian Beruka's got no business taking hits from bow users unless you're running Distant Counter (in which case you're not running any of Fortress Def, Steady Stance, or Close Def in the first place). I'd go for Close Def. If you're on a tight budget, Fortress Def is probably okay since you're relying on Ignis for damage anyways.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Vaximillian Beruka's got no business taking hits from bow users unless you're running Distant Counter (in which case you're not running any of Fortress Def, Steady Stance, or Close Def in the first place). I'd go for Close Def. If you're on a tight budget, Fortress Def is probably okay since you're relying on Ignis for damage anyways.

Depending on how much you’re willing to invest, Fortress Def is the cheapest of the three, but it dumpsters her Atk even more outside of Ignis procs. With QR and being doubled, it isn’t that bad though.

I’m hesitant about using Close Def because of its value for being a rare skill, but Steady Stance suffers from that same problem too. Unlike Close Def though, Steady Stance will always be active, and it isn’t as though Close Def’s Res lead is going to be relevant the majority of the time to compensate. Tanking bows obviously isn’t ideal, especially because her matchup vs Brave Bow is still very shaky, but it’s less common when facing higher-scoring teams, and being able to bulk them in an emergency is better than not being able to period.