PSA: Hard/Lunatic Story maps

Dr. Tarrasque

Clearing them all gives you nothing. The only point to them is just the orb for first clear and the 5th map in each chapter missions that gives you universal crystals for leveling up units so don't waste your time on them and just go in for the orb when you can stomp the mission.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Well... Seeing how clearing them once gives you orbs, and orbs do literally everything in this game... How is it pointless?

Story missions currently offer 135 orbs in total, and the initial 15 and 10 from Nintendo account bring it up to 160. That's 8 full summons, if you use all five summon spots every time. If you're aiming for a particular colour, then you can get even more chances than that by quitting out after you running out of said colour.

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well... Seeing how clearing them once gives you orbs, and orbs do literally everything in this game... How is it pointless?

Story missions currently offer 135 orbs in total, and the initial 15 and 10 from Nintendo account bring it up to 160. That's 8 full summons, if you use all five summon spots every time. If you're aiming for a particular colour, then you can get even more chances than that by quitting out after you running out of said colour.

Your reading comprehension could be better. I did say " just go in for the orb when you can stomp the mission." acknowledging that you do get an orb out of it. There is just nothing unlocked by clearing ALL story map missions at the moment, which is something some people may do (and waste orbs and life blessing's on with the chapter 9 missions hoping they'll get something out of it for clearing everything).

10 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Your reading comprehension could be better. I did say " just go in for the orb when you can stomp the mission." acknowledging that you do get an orb out of it. There is just nothing unlocked by clearing ALL story map missions at the moment, which is something some people may do (and waste orbs and life blessing's on with the chapter 9 missions hoping they'll get something out of it for clearing everything).

I realize what you said, but here's the thing: how can clearing all the missions be pointless, when you acknowledge the reward for clearing every mission once is not pointless? Your opening post is simply illogical. You tell us that it's a waste of time to reach the end, yet you should clear chapters eventually to get all the orbs... Which leads to you reaching the end?

You also can't get the orb for clearing without actually clearing the chapter, so whether or not someone wants to use Life's Blessings is up to them.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I realize what you said, but here's the thing: how can clearing all the missions be pointless, when you acknowledge the reward for clearing every mission once is not pointless? Your opening post is simply illogical. You tell us that it's a waste of time to reach the end, yet you should clear chapters eventually to get all the orbs... Which leads to you reaching the end?

Dude... for fuck's sake, stop putting words in my mouth.

"The only point to them is just the orb for first clear and the 5th map in each chapter missions that gives you universal crystals for leveling up".

If you beat a map, you get the orb. If you beat X-5 map, you get the orb and Universal crystals. Other than that, there's nothing more. Clearing them all does not unlock a new battle option or the paralogue chapters. Thus the statement.

"don't waste your time on them and just go in for the orb when you can stomp the mission"

Again, some people may go for clearing ALL the story maps in Hard and Lunatic and hope that maybe they'll unlock that 4th section in the battle menu or the paralogue maps or just something new. They may be doing this while seeing the 1 orb you get per map as irrelevant to them for whatever reason. Thus, "don't waste your time".

If you still fail to understand why I said what I said, then read it until you do. It's not rocket science.

They give good experience though and aren't hard to the point of needing to leave them for when "you can stomp them". What you originally said did not in fact make much sense.

Leave the "don't waste your time on them" out of it and keep it at "know that you'll only get orbs and experience, so re-consider spending orbs/items on clearing them all hoping for a new unlock".