February Lunatic quests

Dr. Tarrasque

16 minutes ago, lysander said:

For me the hardest part of this seems to be leveling. It takes a lot of kills to level units once they're around level 25 or so and it becomes harder to win the tower battles with more than a couple people still alive. I think the arena might actually keep your exp even upon death though, likely to try to prevent people cheesing with strong, low level teams.

Have you bought the castle upgrades? Those help a lot. I haven't found grinding too much of an issue because of them.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Have you bought the castle upgrades? Those help a lot. I haven't found grinding too much of an issue because of them.

Yeah, it's just naturally slow at a certain point. Figured out that I want to be doing higher levels of tower to get more decent experience--like even level 40 tower as level 32 if it looks like a good match-up--but still several kills per level especially once you get closer to 35.

5 days until we can get felicia? kind of annoying, but oh well. i'm almost done with the hard missions and they weren't very hard, so i don't expect the lunatic ones to be too much of a pain. i wonder how many story chapters there are going to be, though, and how often they'll be releasing new ones, i.e. what the march missions will look like.

3 minutes ago, geozeldadude said:

5 days until we can get felicia? kind of annoying, but oh well. i'm almost done with the hard missions and they weren't very hard, so i don't expect the lunatic ones to be too much of a pain. i wonder how many story chapters there are going to be, though, and how often they'll be releasing new ones, i.e. what the march missions will look like.

How do you fare in the Arena?  One of those missions is 15 advanced victories.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

How do you fare in the Arena?  One of those missions is 15 advanced victories.

oh, that's a good point. i've only been doing the intermediate level lately, and have done fine (i.e. my last streak was 5 intermediate and then i chickened out and finished with two beginner level so i wouldn't lose my streak haha).

AFAIK Felicia is available as a daily reward, so there's that issue solved. 

The rotation is IIRC:

• Sophia
  • Virion
  • Hana
  • Subaki
  • Donnel
  • Lissa
  • Gunter
  • Cecilia
  • Felcia
  • Wrys
  • Olivia
  • Stahl

The rest is simple enough. And leveling isn't even that slow as long as you're fighting enemies of the appropriate level.

As for arena, it's mostly a matter of strategy. I've been doing NOTHING but advanced and winning most of them.

Edited by Wen Yang

Arena isn't really a matter of strategy at this point though, unless you have good units or are fighting at low levels. 3x Takumi + Azura, 4x Takumi, 4x Tiki, and most teams of full 5* rares are just going to mulch you if you're stuck at 3* and 4*. I've yet to see an advanced match-up that wasn't all 5* units when I go in with my main team at level 35.

Since your left-most team is your defense team and you can fight with any team you want, most people have caught onto making their defense teams all one colour or preferably all the same high quality unit of the same colour. This maximizes the number of streaks your defense team is likely to kill and helps keep your good runs higher since ranks don't lock in this game and you need to actively maintain to keep rewards. Basically, you don't want a balanced defense team since the AI isn't good and instead you want a defense team that'll be a solid lose condition from the start for more balanced teams. Takumi and Hector are both good to mindlessly repeat since they counter anything. Adding a dancer is usually better than adding another of them as well, since it lets them extend further and makes avoiding a kill harder.

Best advice for winning advanced arena without quality 5* units is to use a lower leveled team of 3* level 1s or even 2* level 1s. This virtually excludes any 5* unit teams from selection even on advanced, due to match-making using the rating totals and 5* units having weapons that would put them above even the advanced pool for low-level, low-quality units. More often than not, you should get matched up with other people using their initial story units + virion just at higher levels than your team which should be more than winnable with pure strategy. Even if you do get, say, a level 1 hector occasionally he shouldn't have his ranged counter yet and should be manageable. You aren't guaranteed a win though since see the paragraph above: some people have set their defense teams to level 1 units all of the same colour which can and will wall you.

Finished up all the quests today (got lucky and got a felicia in one of my draws a few days ago). Team is level 37 to 39, with two 4 stars and two 5 stars. Honestly just did most of them while doing stuff I would have done anyways.

I will say, it feels like having somebody with Gronnraven (the tome that gives an advantage over colorless) helps a whole lot on most of these.

Edited by leingodf8

On 06/02/2017 at 3:04 PM, lysander said:

Best advice for winning advanced arena without quality 5* units is to use a lower leveled team of 3* level 1s or even 2* level 1s. This virtually excludes any 5* unit teams from selection even on advanced, due to match-making using the rating totals and 5* units having weapons that would put them above even the advanced pool for low-level, low-quality units. More often than not, you should get matched up with other people using their initial story units + virion just at higher levels than your team which should be more than winnable with pure strategy. Even if you do get, say, a level 1 hector occasionally he shouldn't have his ranged counter yet and should be manageable. You aren't guaranteed a win though since see the paragraph above: some people have set their defense teams to level 1 units all of the same colour which can and will wall you.

Can you clarify on how the arena match-making works? Exactly how do i go about my team to get matched with a weaker team? Low level team of 3*? I dont have confidence in winning anything with that lol

Completed all of the February quests just last night, finally. I was lucky enough to get a Felicia from a regular pull to complete that quest. Trying to kill level 35+ opponents with a horse unit was very hard for me since I had only 3 untrained horse units. So I spent some of my saved up jewel things and got my 4* Clarine to level 20 and continuously trained her until she was capable of getting the last hits on level 35+. Now she sits in my party unused at level 33.

On 7.02.2017 at 8:09 PM, Rezzy said:

Is there any bonus to completing all the Lunatic Missions, other than the individual rewards?

No.

10 hours ago, comraq said:

Can you clarify on how the arena match-making works? Exactly how do i go about my team to get matched with a weaker team? Low level team of 3*? I dont have confidence in winning anything with that lol

Notice that you can't change your team once you've accepted to use a Dueling Sword. The game gives you the choice to either face a team weaker, equal, or stronger (in levels) than your own. I suppose the lower the level, and the lower the rarity of your team, the less discrepancy between your own team and a lunatic difficulty team you may get matched up with. Haven't tried using a low-leveled team for myself, though.

The 6-1 and 6-5 missions are easy for a high-level team, as long as you have a Felicia one way or another. I didn't train up mine much and just had her sit out at the back, which worked just fine.

On 2/9/2017 at 8:19 PM, Othin said:

The 6-1 and 6-5 missions are easy for a high-level team, as long as you have a Felicia one way or another. I didn't train up mine much and just had her sit out at the back, which worked just fine.

That's what I'm planning to do once I get my team to level 40.  I forgot about the infantry requirement for 6-5 before I beat it for the first time yesterday.

What I really need is a gosh darn Armor unit to show up in the Training Tower.  I've been sitting at 14/15 for the mission all day, now.  The missions that will give me the most trouble is the one that requires me to kill high level units with a Cavalry Unit, since I currently have zero Cavalry trained up.  I thought about using Sully, but she's not really someone I like all that much.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

That's what I'm planning to do once I get my team to level 40.  I forgot about the infantry requirement for 6-5 before I beat it for the first time yesterday.

What I really need is a gosh darn Armor unit to show up in the Training Tower.  I've been sitting at 14/15 for the mission all day, now.  The missions that will give me the most trouble is the one that requires me to kill high level units with a Cavalry Unit, since I currently have zero Cavalry trained up.  I thought about using Sully, but she's not really someone I like all that much.

I'm pretty sure I got most of my 35+ Armor kills from the Arena! Bless all those extra dueling crests. I think finding armors to kill in the Training Tower just takes too long, but more people than I expect run Hector on their teams... and it helps you complete 'em Arena Quests.

I'm on Lunatic for all three types of crests, currently have to beat 8-5 and 9-5; will take my time with the Arena because there are plenty of days left, and then the damn cavalry quest. Everything else is insanely doable, but if you don't have any cavalry units, this one is the worst one. If you aren't lucky with pulls, you'll have to use a Hero Battle character, so you can use... Gunther... and I believe Cecilia counts? I have a semi-trained 3 star Clarine so I suppose if she counts, I will try to use her...

3 minutes ago, Iris said:

I'm pretty sure I got most of my 35+ Armor kills from the Arena! Bless all those extra dueling crests. I think finding armors to kill in the Training Tower just takes too long, but more people than I expect run Hector on their teams... and it helps you complete 'em Arena Quests.

I'm on Lunatic for all three types of crests, currently have to beat 8-5 and 9-5; will take my time with the Arena because there are plenty of days left, and then the damn cavalry quest. Everything else is insanely doable, but if you don't have any cavalry units, this one is the worst one. If you aren't lucky with pulls, you'll have to use a Hero Battle character, so you can use... Gunther... and I believe Cecilia counts? I have a semi-trained 3 star Clarine so I suppose if she counts, I will try to use her...

Hector and Takumi are the "meta" so to speak. The only reasons you see Takumi more often than Hector is because people have double the chance to get a Takumi from summoning than Hector and because of that, most people will start the game by re-rolling until they get 1 or 2 Takumi. That and the fact that Takumi just has better attack range.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Just now, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Hector and Takumi are the "meta" so to speak. The only reasons you see Takumi more often than Hector is because people have double the chance to get a Takumi from summoning than Hector and because of that, most people will start the game by re-rolling until they get 1 or 2 Takumi.

Haha, I know that they are the "meta" / SS tier characters, it's just that I know that Hector isn't a Focus character, but a lot of players seem to have him despite this. . . maybe I just have terrible luck with pulls, or maybe people are re-rolling for Hector? I'm only jealous whenever I see someone who has Azura, though. I'd love to curbstomp the Arena with her.

On 2/8/2017 at 6:46 PM, comraq said:

I think somebody else said that arena match-making is based on your characters' combined 'rating' (which you can see when you choose to sort characters by rating).

1 hour ago, Fly_or_Die said:

I think somebody else said that arena match-making is based on your characters' combined 'rating' (which you can see when you choose to sort characters by rating).

It looks like the rating is just the sum total of your stats.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like the rating is just the sum total of your stats.

That does appear to be the case. If I change Clarine's weapon from Assault to Fear, her rating drops by 5.

That's... actually kind of shitty for people trying to maximize their score in Arena. Specially if your team consists of Brave Weapons...

4 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

That does appear to be the case. If I change Clarine's weapon from Assault to Fear, her rating drops by 5.

That's... actually kind of shitty for people trying to maximize their score in Arena. Specially if your team consists of Brave Weapons...

Yeah, it looks like it doesn't take Skills into account at all, and Skills are just as important as raw stats, if not more so.

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, it looks like it doesn't take Skills into account at all, and Skills are just as important as raw stats, if not more so.

Ok, they need to give us the option to choose the skill rating we go up against (beyond the stupid cap they force because of your stat total) or just change how this rating is calculated altogether. I may be running with a level 22 5* Clarine but that sure as hell doesn't mean I can't take on teams that will award 630+ points as opposed to the 598- minus I keep running into just because Clarine isn't level 40 and 2 of my units have -5 SPD from using Brave weapons.

I mean, it IS just a silly score in a video game but given how merging 5* Hectors will keep giving more stats, that's another "Pay to win" element as the people getting the most feathers from the ranking section will be those with merged 5* and now the Arena has become too easy for me now that I had Clarine switch to 5* until I grind her to 40 again... ugh.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

9 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Ok, they need to give us the option to choose the skill rating we go up against (beyond the stupid cap they force because of your stat total) or just change how this rating is calculated altogether. I may be running with a level 22 5* Clarine but that sure as hell doesn't mean I can't take on teams that will award 630+ points as opposed to the 598- minus I keep running into just because Clarine isn't level 40 and 2 of my units have -5 SPD from using Brave weapons.

I mean, it IS just a silly score in a video game but given how merging 5* Hectors will keep giving more stats, that's another "Pay to win" element as the people getting the most feathers from the ranking section will be those with merged 5* and now the Arena has become too easy for me now that I had Clarine switch to 5* until I grind her to 40 again... ugh.

Is there any benefit to promoting after Level 40, or should you just stop leveling at 20 if you intend to ever promote a unit?

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is there any benefit to promoting after Level 40, or should you just stop leveling at 20 if you intend to ever promote a unit?

None whatsoever, thing is that some skills are locked to 5* (In Clarine's case, the level 3 RES boost which I didn't really care for). I recently pulled a 5* Raven so he covers the 5* Axe user I wanted and so I used the first 20k feathers I got to promote Clarine to 5*. Apparently, it was a mistake to do so until she reaches level 40 again... assuming not all of her stats end up on the negative side of the spectrum which doesn't seem impossible given the past 3 shitty level ups I've seen. 

I ran a perfect set of Arena matches not long ago and only got rank 10,068 (4,170 offense score) because the highest teams I saw awarded 598 points at the most. If I remove my level 22 5* Clarine and switch in Hawkeye, I run into teams of rating 622+. If I do that AND switch Raven and Cain to Steel sword to get the -5 SPD they lose from Brave weapon, I end up seeing teams of rating 630+ more often. All just because the rating is just the sum of stats as you've found as opposed to how good the player performs. That may be the factor deciding these "tiers" too.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

3 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

None whatsoever, thing is that some skills are locked to 5* (In Clarine's case, the level 3 RES boost which I didn't really care for). I recently pulled a 5* Raven so he covers the 5* Axe user I wanted and so I used the first 20k feathers I got to promote Clarine to 5*. Apparently, it was a mistake to do so until she reaches level 40 again... assuming not all of her stats end up on the negative side of the spectrum which doesn't seem impossible given the past 3 shitty level ups I've seen. 

I thought level 40 stats always ended up identically.  Can a character's bane/boon change when they promote?  Does a 5* unit have a higher stat total over a 4* at level 40, or is the only difference which Skills they have access to?