Takumi Overpowered?

Alpha Wolves

I use both Robin and Ryoma in my team. So I can actually knock Takumi with Robin or have Ryoma counter him for irony.

"I'm sorry brother, I'm bringing you down!"

I'm more scared of Tiki and Nowi, personally.

Edited by pianime94

5 hours ago, Birdy said:

Yep, I use Roy to deal with Hectors. They do a total of 2 damage to him on average.

Also, I believe Robin is good enough to deserve a spot in your team, even if you aren't up against Takumi's (yoy will be 80+% of the time on advanced). He's even a bonus character in the Arena, so I'd say use him if you have him :).

Yep I agree Robin's worth a slot regardless. The only issue is given his relatively poor speed and defense, he can't deal w/ more than ~1-2 Takumis w/o dying. The only thing I can think of that can deal w/ 4 Takumis and survive is Hector....

Hoping for a Hector focus soon lol.

people without the characters mentioned in this thread are screwed though. I have a 4* Abel that might be able to counter him but I haven't tested him out yet. 5* takes too long. with only Roy and Camilla as my 5* i'm usually stuck doing the easiest arena and even then a Takumi can wreck my team. 

I run into plenty of Takumi's (and Lyns, Tikis [usually young], Robins, and Camillas]. My current setup (Ryoma, 4* Sakura, Cain, Camilla) can beat them, but relies a bit on kiting.

Ryoma vs Takumi || Extra Tactics

I use Ryoma against Takumi (since Ryoma is my strongest character). I try to place Ryoma just within range of Takumi but away from the other units. When Takumi comes in, Ryoma will counter. Next turn, I'll have Sakura heal Ryoma and try to finish Takumi off with whoever is available.

This same tactic is also used against Lyn and Tiki (set up Ryoma, let them come, finish them off). On occasion my Cain can handle attacks from a Lyn (especially when debuffed, Cain's Threaten Attack is extremely useful combined with his extra movement), and can be used to finished off Lyns. Alternatively, Cain may be used as a tank for certain enemies.

Camilla can counter Robins and other Blues, but I usually end up sacrificing her in the process. My entire team setup revolves around Ryoma and Sakura, and if Ryoma goes down or if the enemy is resistant to Ryoma's attacks, it's game over for me.

I can see why some players use Falchion users (Lucina, Chrom, Marth) to counter Manaketes such as Tiki, but my current setup is efficient enough to win 7 Advanced Games in a row.

Edited by Sire

The worst I've had to deal with so far is 2 Takumis on the map where your army is split on opposite corners of the map.

My team consists of Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, and Elise.

I can bait Takumi out with Ryoma or my own Takumi. Ryoma and Hinoka both have skills that boost the Speed of adjacent allies, which often allows my Ryoma or Takumi to double attack the enemy Takumi. Hinoka can finish off a damaged Takumi easily with her Brave Lance+, but her Speed is abysmal unless she has the boost from Ryoma.

If Elise has been able to charge up her special, the +4 Attack to the entire party helps a lot. Otherwise, I can use her movement range to keep out of range and keep my own Ryoma and Takumi out of 1-shot range.

The easiest fix for Takumi will be either bulkier units with a triangle versus neutral or a new skill to negate counters triggered via skill, like a specific Nihil.

4 hours ago, Chelone said:

people without the characters mentioned in this thread are screwed though. I have a 4* Abel that might be able to counter him but I haven't tested him out yet. 5* takes too long. with only Roy and Camilla as my 5* i'm usually stuck doing the easiest arena and even then a Takumi can wreck my team. 

At max level a 4* Abel won't be able to counter Takumi without both buffs to his attack and a defense debuff on Takumi. Or a takumi with -3 def. Before max level stats are kind of random in terms of when you get them so I've killed Takumi without all of that. Cordelia can handle Takumi at 5* as well, but at 4* it's a similar story of needing buffs/debuffs to get it done before his counter.

I believe Cain might be able to counter him as well.