Character Prediction Thread

BANRYU

TBQH I'm kinda surprised there isn't a dedicated thread for this already, haha. 

So. We know that not everyone from each respective series/continent that's released is in yet, and we ofc know that there are several unreleased series/continents in the series. So the topic du jour is, who all do we think will be getting in? (as opposed to who you WANT in) Will they add in more characters from currently-released series, and if so, who? Who are the most likely candidates to appear from series that haven't been added yet? 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I'll list some of my predictions below (spoiler'd for length)

Spoiler

Binding Blade

• Wolt - isn't he.... kind of an important character...? IDK. Actually thinking about it more, he probably won't be in bc his resemblance to Gordin. Repetitious character design seems like a fairly good reason for denying inclusion to some characters tbh. (weird how many lime-green-haired shota archers there are... Wolt, Gordin, Rolf.... huh)
  • Rutger - one of the most notoriously-powerful units in this game, and isn't he KIND of popular...?
  • Echidna - has a cool, distinctive design, and more axe-users'd prob be good right?

Blazing Sword

• Dorcas - I mean..... the polls ;;;;; HOW did he rise to #12 I'm honestly baffled... rise of the memelords I guess
  • Wallace / Karel - maybe. shrug
  • Jaffar - plot significance? IDK how popular he is

Sacred Stones

• Ephraim & Eirika
  • Seth
  • Gilliam - one of the cooler generic knights IMO but again, popularity-- shrug
  • Lute - almost a shoe-in due to her popularity I think
  • Joshua - same as Lute
  • Garcia / Dozla - this game needs more amazing beards
  • Innes - more bow-users would prob be good and he has plot significance IIRC
  • the trainees - kind of a trademark of Sacred Stones aren't they...? Can't remember if other games did it first but they're pretty distinctive characters in this game I feel
  • Gerik / Marisa - dey cool but not sure about popularity
  • Myrrh - more manaketes!
  • Duessel - IIRC Fred is the only cavalry axe-user so more of those might be good right...?
  • Saleh - plot significance and maybe popularity? IDK
  • Valter & Lyon - villain rep. both pretty memorable villains; Lyon be dark/red most likely and have Naglfar for endform weapon, and maybe Valter would actually have a lance....? but other wyvern dudes that normally have lances have been relegated to axe duty (IE Narcian) so maybe not

Path of Radiance

• Ike (duh)
  • Mist
  • Titania
  • Soren (green mage ofc)
  • Boyd?
  • Mia
  • Nephenee
  • Jill
  • Elincia
  • Tibarn
  • Naesala
  • Ranulf
  • Caineghis
  • Black Knight

Radiant Dawn

• Micaiah (blue mage, prob Light/Thunder -> Ellight/Elthunder -> Thani for her weapon)
  • Sothe
  • Edward / Leonardo / Nolan? (between Ed and Nolan + Micaiah the Dawn Brigade would have all four weapon colors lol... not necessarily a reason for them to be in, just thought that was funny)
  • Heather
  • Sanaki
  • Pelleas
  • Kurthnaga (no idea what color TBH. If we assume Red Dragons are red and White Dragons are blue then I guess that'd make black dragons green....??)
  • Nailah

Awakening - TBH I think Awakening's cast is pretty well-represented in FEH; the only ppl who could be included are the kids? And honestly I wonder if they will be due to their possible resemblance to their parents? but shrug here are my guesses I suppose (minus the Awakening trio since they're represented in a way already)

• Brady / Laurent / Cynthia / Yarne - their parents aren't present so maybe they have a shot? Or maybe the kids of the characters who ARE in have a better shot...?? I honestly have no idea
  • maybe Gangrel / Validar I guess...??

Fates

• Silas / Kaze / Rinkah - the 'I thought they were popular / am surprised they weren't in' club
  • Ophelia / Nina / Dwyer / Forrest / Shigure / Midori - won the popularity polls that made them into the Scramble DLC thing, so maybe that's grounds for their possible future inclusion...??
  • Velouria / Selkie - they seem popular I guess I dunno.

And now for some less-educated guesses from other games lol... Literally never played any of them so grain of salt obv. Mostly going off of name recognition from Fire Emblem spotpass DLC lmao

Gaiden / Echoes

• Alm & Celica (blue mage for Cel? shrug)
  • Luthier / Boey
  • Mycen
  • Deen`

Genealogy

• Sigurd
  • Seliph
  • Deirdre
  • Julia
  • Quan
  • Ethlyn 
  • Ayra
  • Lewyn
  • Ares
  • Arvis

Thracia

• Leif
  • Nanna
  • Finn
  • Salem
  • Ced

17 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

IIRC Fred is the only cavalry axe-user so more of those might be good right...?

Brighton though!

I'm in progress of compiling a table of all units listed in the poll with my prediction/speculation about what they would/could use.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Brighton though!

I'm in progress of compiling a table of all units listed in the poll with my prediction/speculation about what they would/could use.

I... don't know who that is lol, but sure, maybe! I meant ppl who are in Heroes, though. 

I'll stick with the NA released ones as I know them better.

Spoiler

FE7:

• Marcus
  • Dorcus
  • Canas
  • Jaffar
  • Karel
  • Ninian (dancer/dragon combo ftw?)

FE8:

• Lute
  • Ephriam
  • Eirikia
  • Joshua
  • Innes
  • L'Archel
  • Tana
  • Seth
  • Duessel
  • Myrrh
  • Lyon
  • Ross

FE9:

• Ike
  • Mist
  • Boyd
  • Oscar
  • Titania
  • Soren
  • Gatrie
  • Lethe
  • Elincia
  • Geoffry
  • Jill
  • Ranulf
  • The Black Knight

FE10:

• Micaiah
  • Sothe
  • Ike (RD)
  • Elincia (RD)
  • Nolan
  • Mia
  • Nephenee
  • Kurthnaga
  • Sanaki
  • Pelleas
  • Volug
  • Haar
  • Tibarn

Shadow Dragon/Heroes of Light and Shadow:

• Julian
  • Navarre
  • Wolf
  • Xane? (Unique shapeshifting unit)

Awakening:

• Owain
  • Cynthia
  • Brady
  • Yarne
  • Inigo
  • Nah

I mean, if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say pretty much every character who was able to be voted for on the Choose Your Heroes poll is going to be in the game eventually, it's just a matter of time. There's really no reason to not include certain characters, unless Heroes' userbase suddenly declines rapidly and it becomes no longer profitable to add new characters. Now, if we're talking about who we think is going to be added soon(-ish), it kinda depends on how often they add new characters, and how many at a time.

Obviously Gaiden characters are going to be added around or leading up to the release of Echoes, I'd guess with an amount comparable to other games already represented. I haven't had the chance to play Gaiden, so I unfortunately can't really say who'd be added outside of Alm and Celica. If they decide to add another game's characters before Gaiden, rather than just dealing with the casts of games already represented, I'd predict they'd go with Tellius, what with Ike being at the top of the CYH poll. I'd also guess that Panne, Kaden, and Keaton (and their offspring if 2nd gens outside of Lucina are already in by that time) would be added at around the same time as Tellius' Laguz. I like Sacred Stones, and although both Lords managed to get into their respective top 10s, and Eirika's even on Heroes' title screen, I feel like it's less of a priority than Tellius or Valentia, but has probably become a higher priority than Jugdral. If I were to guess who would be most likely to be in the first wave of Magvel characters, I'd go with the royals (Eirika, Ephraim, Tana, Innes, Joshua, L'Arachel, Lyon (although he'll probably be enemy-exclusive to start off with)), as well as Seth, Lute, and Myrrh (if only because Heroes doesn't have many dragons).

Now, for games that already have representation, none of them have their entire playable roster represented yet, and I expect they'll continue to add characters from said games because of that. I can only really speak for games I've played, and even then, I'm probably not the best judge of the FE fanbase, so I can't really say how likely each character is to be included in a soon-ish manner. I can't really say I have much of a basis for my claims, but I'll give it a go.

For Blazing Blade, I would guess Dorcas, Erk, Rebecca, Canas, Pent, Louise, and if they've figured out what to do with non-attacking Dancers yet, Nils and Ninian. For Awakening, I'd go with Sumia (really surprised she wasn't in at launch), Kellam, Maribelle, Say'ri, and Anna. Whenever 2nd gen characters are getting added (I'm sorta thinking around the time of Genealogy getting added, if only because it started the whole 2nd gen thing), I'd go with Owain, Inigo, Severa, Noire, Nah, and the Morgans as the earlier additions.Then for Fates, I'd guess Kaze, Silas, Mozu (might be wishful thinking on my part, but she's one of the "available in all paths" characters that could work well if they wanted to add a "World of Revelations" chapter to the story), Scarlet, Charlotte, and Flora. Finally, there's Fates' second gen, for which I'd give it to the Kanas, Shiro, Kiragi, Siegbert, and Forrest.

So yeah. I do think everyone will be in eventually (since the OP doesn't seem to suggest any sort of period of time, just which characters will be added), but these would be my predictions for who's more likely to be added sooner rather than later.

Edited by CancerTurtle
Fixed typos