Starting FE4 for the first time, and Sigurd's swords confuse me...

Rapha666br

9 hours ago, Locked Apple said:

Fair enough, and as a side note, the second status screen occasionally shows what unit someone can talk to. I forget if it applies to recruitable enemies. 

My main gripe is with story spoilers and this game in particular messes story with gameplay quite well. This site's page does a pretty good job on mechanics though. Only take my comment as a recommendation, not a command.

I don't even remember the characters' names yet, so I didn't get any major spoilers yet. Only Fire Heroes spoiled me Sigurd's son lol. 

On 14/02/2017 at 3:47 PM, CappnRob said:

He asked for a guide, so I gave him a link to SF's general page. If he wants to go in blind or not is his choice. Hell, I went into FE4 knowing about the generational skip and knowing who all the kids are (thank you based Sigurd's Pants) and I still had a blast of a time playing it.

Yeah, it's OK dude, It would be my fault If got spoiled. Thank you so much for the info.

Thank you all for the help. I will try to play for now without help, but If I need, I will let you guys know here.

42 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

Wait, I already need help XD

How the Hell you save Aideen from that huge army that leave the Castlev right next to her in chapter 1? My army is too Far to do anything. And the third barely damage them. Her move is only 5 

Screenshot_20170216-162850.png

Assuming Adean walks her max range every turn, she won't be caught.

Pro-tip:

Leave Dew the Thief on a Forest tile to make big money. Fighters can't even hit and each bandit nets about 1k gold IIRC.

2 hours ago, NoMommaGarchomp said:

Assuming Adean walks her max range every turn, she won't be caught.

Pro-tip:

Leave Dew the Thief on a Forest tile to make big money. Fighters can't even hit and each bandit nets about 1k gold IIRC.

Too late, I felt for the Village bait and I got stuck. Had to restart the chapter. Great, no one here warned me that I can't restart a chapter...Sigh

Had to restart from my last emulator save state system on prologue... I nearly rage quitted. And I had to load state again after someone called my phone and messes my emulator auto save( playing on Android). I Will have to complet prologue for the third time...Huh...

3 hours ago, Rapha666br said:

Too late, I felt for the Village bait and I got stuck. Had to restart the chapter. Great, no one here warned me that I can't restart a chapter...Sigh

Had to restart from my last emulator save state system on prologue... I nearly rage quitted. And I had to load state again after someone called my phone and messes my emulator auto save( playing on Android). I Will have to complet prologue for the third time...Huh...

Let Dew stay on a Village tile also works, those bandits cant hurt him anyway. It's +20% Avoid.

Dont let him stay on those Beach sand tile like your screenshot, it's -10% Avoid.

You other units can come and rescue after conquering Genoa.

13 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

No idea on How to save on a diferent slot.

Go to Config -> Auto Save and pick any slot, the game will ask you to save at the beginning of each turn.

Or at the start of every turn, Open Menu, there will be a Save option, right above the End Turn option. If you let any unit move/attack/do whatever, this Save option will disappear.

Edited by hanhnn

12 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

Or at the start of every turn, Open Menu, there will be a Save option, right above the End Turn option. If you let any unit move/attack/do whatever, this Save option will disappear.

(Sorry, just quoting to expand on this point)

So long as no units have used their turn, then you can save as much as you wish.

Which doesn't count units entering the town and arenas. So you can fight in the arena and save after a few bouts, which is seriously exploitable in the first turn.

A visual guide!

f697f31d03.png

Push A to bring up the menu,

d5695145ce.png

Select "Save"!

00b4e289ae.png

Choose the file you want to save to! Bam, that's all there is to it! Remember you can only save at the start of every turn before you move anyone. I suggest keeping one save on the top file on turn one in case you have to restart the chapter.

On 2/16/2017 at 11:32 PM, Rapha666br said:

Wait, I already need help XD

How the Hell you save Aideen from that huge army that leave the Castlev right next to her in chapter 1? My army is too Far to do anything. And the third barely damage them. Her move is only 5 

Screenshot_20170216-162850.png

Once you get back to this part, have Dew and Aideen go through the forest OR you could just go below the forest/ along the beach and then immediately go north towards the village that is nearest to the home castle (the latter "escape method" sort of costs less turns, for me at least). You could also have just Aideen escape alone and have Dew save the village and stay there (as it provides 20+ avoid), seeing as how Dew is the master of dodging axe men. And there's also a church right below so he could heal himself if he gets hit. Make sure that if you're going to have both escape, then the axemen should not reach Aideen, and instead reach Dew, just to be on the safe side.

On 16/02/2017 at 11:23 PM, CappnRob said:

A visual guide!

f697f31d03.png

Push A to bring up the menu,

d5695145ce.png

Select "Save"!

00b4e289ae.png

Choose the file you want to save to! Bam, that's all there is to it! Remember you can only save at the start of every turn before you move anyone. I suggest keeping one save on the top file on turn one in case you have to restart the chapter.

Wow, that's peace of cake. You diserve a medal for showing pics.

16 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Once you get back to this part, have Dew and Aideen go through the forest OR you could just go below the forest/ along the beach and then immediately go north towards the village that is nearest to the home castle (the latter "escape method" sort of costs less turns, for me at least). You could also have just Aideen escape alone and have Dew save the village and stay there (as it provides 20+ avoid), seeing as how Dew is the master of dodging axe men. And there's also a church right below so he could heal himself if he gets hit. Make sure that if you're going to have both escape, then the axemen should not reach Aideen, and instead reach Dew, just to be on the safe side.

I think I will Just let Daw in the Village stealing Gold like hanhnn said, while Aideen escapes Alone to east. Hopefuly she is safe until my army reaches her.

Thanks all, you are all amazing!

5 hours ago, Rapha666br said:

I think I will Just let Daw in the Village stealing Gold like hanhnn said, while Aideen escapes Alone to east. Hopefuly she is safe until my army reaches her.

Yup, this is probably the best way. You get to save a village, have Dew- the master of dodging axemen- stay there, have Aideen escape towards Sigurd, and there, job done. Also, no need to really worry about Aideen, if you make her go as far as she could- iirc, she will just have to pass through a thug destroying a village by the time she gets to your party, and Kinbois and his henchmen are pretty much dead by that time.

Anyways, good luck!

12 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Yup, this is probably the best way. You get to save a village, have Dew- the master of dodging axemen- stay there, have Aideen escape towards Sigurd, and there, job done. Also, no need to really worry about Aideen, if you make her go as far as she could- iirc, she will just have to pass through a thug destroying a village by the time she gets to your party, and Kinbois and his henchmen are pretty much dead by that time.

Anyways, good luck!

Just completed the chapter. Recrituing Ayra was a pain in the **s, but fortunately my mounted units could pass her untouched, Sigurd did all Alone. Unfortunately the Village on west was Destroyed, there were too many troubles to bother going there early.

Fortunately none of the villages give Iitems, only money, but that last one does give some background lore about Deirdre and her mother - basically her mother was the mistress of Alvis's father, who was an abusive mentally unstable bastard. She eventually got sick of his shit so she had a secret affair with Prince Kurth, which you might recall from the prologue as the one leading the war against Issach (Kurth is the son of Azmur, the king of Grannvale/Grandbell). Well she eventually got pregnant from that affair, and Alvis' dad went ballistic and killed himself. Cigyun (that's her name) fled Grannvale for that in distress, and gave birth to Deirdre in the Verdane spirit forest and died some years later. So now you know!

i hope you found the hero's axe

Edited by CappnRob

5 hours ago, CappnRob said:

Fortunately none of the villages give Iitems, only money, but that last one does give some background lore about Deirdre and her mother - basically her mother was the mistress of Alvis's father, who was an abusive mentally unstable bastard. She eventually got sick of his shit so she had a secret affair with Prince Kurth, which you might recall from the prologue as the one leading the war against Issach (Kurth is the son of Azmur, the king of Grannvale/Grandbell). Well she eventually got pregnant from that affair, and Alvis' dad went ballistic and killed himself. Cigyun (that's her name) fled Grannvale for that in distress, and gave birth to Deirdre in the Verdane spirit forest and died some years later. So now you know!

And that is why I consider Cigyun to be a character who literally ruined the lives of everyone in FE4. Girl was too curious for the outside world.