Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I ran into a dragon team (Fury Vantage Nowi, Ninian, young Tiki + Takumi) right after finishing my record streak. I wasn't prepared for this.

High stat green you say? What about Michalis? He's not infantry but he can get shit done.
Also, Alfredo <3 autocorrection is fun.

Ninian has destroyed my confidence, not only with the hundred+ orbs I burned failing to summon her, but that she aids in destroying any perfect runs I'd ever wish to get. 

I've got a 5* Camillegg and a 4* Michalis both at Lv40, but my highest green unit is Julia (165) vs Bunilla (159) and Michalis (157)

Running my dreamteam of Julia/Sharena/Nowi/Seliph would..actually be ok if I could come up with a high bst sub for Julia. Camilegg would be...alright I guess, though I still wish I could just have a Chrom Bun to replace Anna with. She'd be my team's only 2 range which at this point, would be neat since i've been struggling with Alfred Neuman for too long and he actually has 2 less bst at 4* than she does at 5*

44 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm happy. I don't even care about my ranking. Haha.

Thank you all for your tips. Even if I'm a casual compared to y'all.

W-why not Ninian instead of Olivia?

I get it. She must have been having an icha icha time with Eliwood, eh? Congrats btw.

35 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Well, my cavalry team already has 3 wins on Defense this week, despite being rather ineffective last time.  I finally taught Eldigan Lunge -- perhaps that made the difference? 

I once encountered an Eldigan with Lunge in the bridge map. Needless to say, I lost because I got pincered attack due to that.

Edited by pianime94

8 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

W-why not Ninian instead of Olivia?

I get it. She must have been having an icha icha time with Eliwood, eh? Congrats btw.

Ninian having 2 inherited skills and being a 5 star screwed me over by having a higher chance for teams I wasn't prepared for.

Since she was just dancing, I decided to use a 3 star Olivia in her place.

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I wouldn't say breaking 4.2k with only Linde as a 'high-tier' is casual. ; ) I doubt I'd be able to make it that high myself if I didn't have my team full of S-tiers to carry my ass.

(Seriously, good job.)

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Higher BST can sometime put you against joke tier enemy like Hector + Effie

That's what happens when Hector and Effie have some of the highest stat totals in the game, but are completely ineffective on defense outside of a full armor team.

They wouldn't be joke enemies if the entire enemy army was made of armors with Distant Counter and had Goad Armor/Ward Armor stacked for miles.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Fell to rank 4,700 after three hours. I'm still excited after breaking the 4,500 points milestone.

Rank 4,863 now. Also got a defence win worth 263 points against a team led by Klein. Now I'm all set for the turn of the week.

Edited by Vaximillian

Spoiler

IMG_0969.thumb.PNG.4537647763dbbea82c7aeb92aadc7d8a.PNG

So I found this in arena a couple hours ago...damn and I thought I had good cavalry units...(I'm slightly salty because this person pulled at least 11 Eldigans and I haven't pulled one) 

Edited by MidnightFE

4/4/2017 - offense 4,570; rank 275 (3:07AM PST) [deathless]
4/5/2017 - offense 4,570; rank 1,433 (2:57PM PST) [deathless]
4/7/2017 - offense 4,570; rank 2,385 (1:13 PM PST) [deathless]

Team:
(all Level 40 and 5*)

+Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 2)
+Atk/-Spd Ninian (163)
neutral Sharena (174; +Threaten Spd 3)
+Atk/-Res Spring Chrom (183; +Fury 3)
BST696

Just an update for anyone that wants to know. This score is still good for top 5K.

Just encountered a team filled with +10 Vantage3/Fury3 +Spd Takumis (3 of them, plus a +8 +Atk Camilla). What a way to end a perfect run.

10 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Just encountered a team filled with +10 Vantage3/Fury3 +Spd Takumis (3 of them, plus a +8 +Atk Camilla). What a way to end a perfect run.

If the Takumi have Fury 3... doesn't that mean you can just melee them to death?

Just now, DehNutCase said:

If the Takumi have Fury 3... doesn't that mean you can just melee them to death?

If they all double my entire team with 50 unmitigated attack, then I could melee them until my death.

I guess that's one of those cases where you have a TA3, QR M!Robin, with a sword to back him up or bust. I feel for you on the merge zerg, though. Head a deathless streak get its deathlessness broken by a rush of triple +7s and a 4* +10 Fury 3 Nino (which was as strong as a a 5* +5). Since she also had Sharena hanging around giving Fort Def 3, Hector couldn't one-shot her. The team also had a Roy and Lyn, and the Nino was chasing my Hector instead of my Spring Lucina or Linde. With both swords also chasing them, it was impossible to separate her for Marth to kill her without Lyn being able to jump on him. Really miss having Sharena for better manipulation and combat versus reds, but default -Atk Spring Lucina is super garbage and can't be trusted to be my only ranged attacker.

Really need to think about maybe getting Spur Atk onto Marth to counter merges making units that shouldn't be tanky too tanky. Of course, the problem with that is, if I swap to that and then change my team to fit in Spring Chrom, I won't have that anymore, yet also have an even higher chance of running into triple high merge crap. I suppose I could work it onto Sharena, but that's not especially optimal in the long term. Sigh.

Score of 4513

• Ground Zero (6PM PST Apr 6) - #5392
  • 22 Hours Later - #6588

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

After I realized that those Takumis are doubling my Robin and dealing a crapton more than the Close Counter Takumis I normally see, I had to run some calcs to see just how terrifying running into that team would be.

And the results just feel weird.

My +10 Robin [+Spd, -Res] (Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3) is taking 45% damage in a single round of combat. Ow. He can one-round kill the first Takumi due to Quick Riposte, but doesn't have enough HP to activate for the second one and will have already wasted his Bonfire (and now I'm seriously considering switching to Ignis because of it). The second Takumi deals another 45% damage and is down to 11 HP after Fury damage. To avoid Vantage, I'd have to attack with Ninian or have Julia tank a hit. And then I'm left with 1 more Takumi that I can't actually do anything about.

Now, if I gave +0 Sophia [=] (Triangle Adept 3) Raudhrraven+ to replace Fenrir+, it'd be a different story. Takumi is left with 1 HP after Fury damage and can only deal a paltry 4x2 damage (20%) back to Sophia. Sophia would literally give no fucks about the existence of Vantage.

+0 Sophia [+Atk] (Raudhrraven+, Triangle Adept 3) one-hit kills +10 Takumi [+Spd] (Fury 3, Vantage 3). gg

That Camilla isn't doing squat to Sophia regardless, so I don't really care to do calcs.

I'm going to be seriously distraught if Sophia of all characters ends up replacing Ryoma permanently as my green counter. Her calcs against green and colorless are terrifying, even if she needs a dance to finish off most things.

I finally did it.  It's TA -raven Camilla time~!

Current team is Camilla, Jakob, Effie, and Lucina.  Effie doesn't care if she's a 4*.  Haven't pulled a deathless yet.  Currently sitting on 4,330, which is ranked 27,930.

The minute Camilla has -raven+, everything dies.  Then, I'll decide what proc she gets. :P:

Edited by eclipse

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My +10 Robin [+Spd, -Res] (Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3) is taking 45% damage in a single round of combat. Ow. He can one-round kill the first Takumi due to Quick Riposte, but doesn't have enough HP to activate for the second one and will have already wasted his Bonfire (and now I'm seriously considering switching to Ignis because of it). The second Takumi deals another 45% damage and is down to 11 HP after Fury damage. To avoid Vantage, I'd have to attack with Ninian or have Julia tank a hit. And then I'm left with 1 more Takumi that I can't actually do anything about.

Isn't the numbers just because you have close counter on Robin rather than T-Adept?

If you ran T-Adept he'd trounce the Takumi just like Sophia. (And deal with melee reds the same way as Sophia, of course.)

Edited by DehNutCase

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Isn't the numbers just because you have close counter on Robin rather than T-Adept?

If you ran T-Adept he'd trounce the Takumi just like Sophia. (And deal with melee reds the same way as Sophia, of course.)

I need Close Counter to eat Lucina, Marth, Lyn, Chrom, Eldigan, Ryoma, Eirika, Seliph, and Roy for breakfast on the counterattack. Mostly Eldigan to prevent him from Lunging me into a bad position.

13 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

:thumbs up:

Wow, first time I saw someone use Harold on their team, any reason for using him instead of another green unit?

On 4/6/2017 at 2:49 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Currently have a score of 4,598, which is only 2 points lower than last week's. Waiting for the hour for my ranking to update.

EDIT: Currently rank 905. Probably dropping to around the 1,500-2,000 range by the end of the week.

Just boosted my score up to 4,616 with no changes to my line-up. Now ranked 936.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

The minute Camilla has -raven+, everything dies.  Then, I'll decide what proc she gets. :P:

The moment Lilina looks at her funny, she immolates :3

To actually stay on-topic: 4,532 points equals rank 5,030. Got one more defence victory and my defence score has increased by one whole point!

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

The moment Lilina looks at her funny, she immolates :3

That's why Effie has Smite, instead of Pivot/Swap.  I've sent Camilla to assassinate something, then had Effie smack her out of range.  Then Lucina shows up and ruins everything. :P: