Hot =/= Beautiful

Junkhead

Let's use character from games. Even if both their default clothing resembles swim suits. Camilla from Fates could be considered as 'hot', whereas Rosa from FFIV could be considered 'beautiful' (imho). 

20 minutes ago, komasa said:

Let's use character from games. Even if both their default clothing resembles swim suits. Camilla from Fates could be considered as 'hot', whereas Rosa from FFIV could be considered 'beautiful' (imho). 

...that was quick. 

15 minutes ago, Sarcopathic said:

As far as I know, a burning xenomorph from space is pretty hot, but I wouldn't call it beautiful

You're going to make me look it up.

I looked it up.

Nice.

You are not to me, and I am not to you, a higher essence. Nevertheless a higher essence may be hidden in each of us, and call forth a mutual reverence. To take at once the most general, Man lives in you and me. If I did not see Man in you, what occasion should I have to respect you? To be sure, you are not Man and his true and adequate form, but only a mortal veil of his, from which he can withdraw without himself ceasing; but yet for the present this general and higher essence is housed in you, and you present before me (because an imperishable spirit has in you assumed a perishable body, so that really your form is only an “assumed” one) a spirit that appears, appears in you, without being bound to your body and to this particular mode of appearance — therefore a spook. Hence I do not regard you as a higher essence but only respect that higher essence which “walks” in you; I “respect Man in you.” The ancients did not observe anything of this sort in their slaves, and the higher essence “Man” found as yet little response. To make up for this, they saw in each other ghosts of another sort. The People is a higher essence than an individual, and, like Man or the Spirit of Man, a spirit haunting the individual — the Spirit of the People. For this reason they revered this spirit, and only so far as he served this or else a spirit related to it (e.g. the Spirit of the Family) could the individual appear significant; only for the sake of the higher essence, the People, was consideration allowed to the “member of the people.” As you are hallowed to us by “Man” who haunts you, so at every time men have been hallowed by some higher essence or other, like People, Family, and such. Only for the sake of a higher essence has any one been honored from of old, only as a ghost has he been regarded in the light of a hallowed, i.e., protected and recognized person. If I cherish you because I hold you dear, because in you my heart finds nourishment, my need satisfaction, then it is not done for the sake of a higher essence, whose hallowed body you are, not on account of my beholding in you a ghost, i.e. an appearing spirit, but from egoistic pleasure; you yourself with your essence are valuable to me, for your essence is not a higher one, is not higher and more general than you, is unique[einzig] like you yourself, because it is you.

2 minutes ago, Chen said:

You are not to me, and I am not to you, a higher essence. Nevertheless a higher essence may be hidden in each of us, and call forth a mutual reverence. To take at once the most general, Man lives in you and me. If I did not see Man in you, what occasion should I have to respect you? To be sure, you are not Man and his true and adequate form, but only a mortal veil of his, from which he can withdraw without himself ceasing; but yet for the present this general and higher essence is housed in you, and you present before me (because an imperishable spirit has in you assumed a perishable body, so that really your form is only an “assumed” one) a spirit that appears, appears in you, without being bound to your body and to this particular mode of appearance — therefore a spook. Hence I do not regard you as a higher essence but only respect that higher essence which “walks” in you; I “respect Man in you.” The ancients did not observe anything of this sort in their slaves, and the higher essence “Man” found as yet little response. To make up for this, they saw in each other ghosts of another sort. The People is a higher essence than an individual, and, like Man or the Spirit of Man, a spirit haunting the individual — the Spirit of the People. For this reason they revered this spirit, and only so far as he served this or else a spirit related to it (e.g. the Spirit of the Family) could the individual appear significant; only for the sake of the higher essence, the People, was consideration allowed to the “member of the people.” As you are hallowed to us by “Man” who haunts you, so at every time men have been hallowed by some higher essence or other, like People, Family, and such. Only for the sake of a higher essence has any one been honored from of old, only as a ghost has he been regarded in the light of a hallowed, i.e., protected and recognized person. If I cherish you because I hold you dear, because in you my heart finds nourishment, my need satisfaction, then it is not done for the sake of a higher essence, whose hallowed body you are, not on account of my beholding in you a ghost, i.e. an appearing spirit, but from egoistic pleasure; you yourself with your essence are valuable to me, for your essence is not a higher one, is not higher and more general than you, is unique[einzig] like you yourself, because it is you.

DEUS VULT

curious, which one would you say this lady is @Soul~!???

b0c0fe106c61acf25d1e1603b475850b9a6ae824

7 minutes ago, Chen said:

This is the real reason this thread was made.

Edited by ___

*teleports behind u*

It would be foolish to assert that there is no power above mine. Only the attitude that I take toward it will be quite another than that of the religious age: I shall be the enemy of every higher power, while religion teaches us to make it our friend and be humble toward it.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

She seems the "cute" type to me.

would that be better than either hot or beautiful??? Or are all varieties of...attraction(?) equal?

also, haven't seen you around for a while, I think; hope you're doing well.

7 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

why you do this to me

answer is obvious

how was Valentine's, btw?

Just now, ___ said:

would that be better than either hot or beautiful??? Or are all varieties of...attraction(?) equal?

also, haven't seen you around for a while, I think; hope you're doing well.

how was Valentine's, btw?

Cute is a category of it's own.  And it's also the best one.

I've just been mostly posting in the Heroes section haha

I'm pretty good, thanks!  You?

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

I like to think I'm really just helping you figure these things out...

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Cute is a category of it's own.  And it's also the best one.

I've just been mostly posting in the Heroes section haha

I'm pretty good, thanks!  You?

hmm...would you say there is any overlap possible? Can hot be a point of view? Can beauty and cuteness exist together?

and I'm so and so, which is fine, really.

4 minutes ago, Chen said:

right