Can the human body accumulate fat from a single day?

Zerxen

On 3/3/2017 at 9:33 PM, Zerxen said:

Pretty much the consensus here. IDK why people are beating a dead horse here. 

I'm a biochem major who went on an intense diet three years ago. 

I am intrinsically compelled to tell you how your body and metabolism will react to a sudden surplus of calories and energy. 

Which is to say, it will react a lot on the inside on a technical level, but there won't be any long-term repercussions and you won't notice it on the outside. I can walk you through glyocolysis, the Krebs cycle, ketone body breakdown, and your body's insulin response, but I don't want to put you to sleep. 

I don't know what qualifications others have, but dieting is just one of those topics that nearly everyone feels compelled to address, for better or worse. 

Edited by Slumber

On 3/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, Slumber said:

I'm a biochem major who went on an intense diet three years ago. 

I am intrinsically compelled to tell you how your body and metabolism will react to a sudden surplus of calories and energy. 

Which is to say, it will react a lot on the inside on a technical level, but there won't be any long-term repercussions and you won't notice it on the outside. I can walk you through glyocolysis, the Krebs cycle, ketone body breakdown, and your body's insulin response, but I don't want to put you to sleep. 

I don't know what qualifications others have, but dieting is just one of those topics that nearly everyone feels compelled to address, for better or worse. 

I do not know if you have the time to explain but please do. Over the last few months as I read about calories, I have developed a slight interest in nutrition. This is actually my first time interacting with an individual who was a biochem major. If you don't mind, can you also explain to me what happens to the bodies of people who consistently do high calorie challenges like Matt Stonie? I watch videos of individuals like him and I can't help but sit in awe.

Edited by Zerxen