Introduction to Fire Emblem series

Midori Sama

Hello everyone!

Hopefully any Indiana users on here is safe from last nights storms. My question for the community is this; is there a guide on how Fire Emblem works? My wife is trying to get started but is overwhelmed by all the technicalities that ensues with it. I tried explaining it, but I can't seem to relay it very well. Anything helps.

Cheers!

That would depend on how you explained it to her, if she's ever played any video games before, and if she has, has she played any RPGs or strategy games. I usually tell people it's chess on steroids lol. Or, "it's like chess, only with characters, they get stronger through battles. The blue guys are mine, the red guys are the enemies. Sometimes there's green guys, they're on my side but I can't control them."

The above explanation would work if she's unfamiliar with RPGs or video games in general. You might also add something like "There's a story, it's set in a medieval fantasy world." You could add more depending on which FE it is. LIke for Fates, you could say "There's one character who represents you. You were born into the royal family of one country, but because of events in the story, raised by the royal family of another. These two countries are enemies, one is Japanese themed and the other is European themed. You can choose to go with either family, or neither and tell them they need to settle their differences. There's three possible stories, one for each choice."

If she is a gamer with some knowledge of the genre, just tell her it's an RPG with tactical elements set in a medieval fantasy world.