Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With how many battle flags people have spent on lucina on the first round

if Ephraim saves their flags for the final round, could he overtake lucina?

37 minutes ago, Thany said:

With how many battle flags people have spent on lucina on the first round

if Ephraim saves their flags for the final round, could he overtake lucina?

Chrom was more popular than Ephraim in the Heroes poll, so not sure if Ephraim will even make it to Lucina.

I've only burnt 300 flags so far, and there might be people saving up like me, too. Who knows?

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Chrom was more popular than Ephraim in the Heroes poll, so not sure if Ephraim will even make it to Lucina.

I've only burnt 300 flags so far, and there might be people saving up like me, too. Who knows?

But more people will have ephraim then Chrom, its possible that the number of ephraim users will overthrow the lack of chrom users.

Thats what i think at least. chrom wasnt a 5 star focus at all before

Edited by Thany

Just now, Thany said:

But more people will have ephraim then Chrom, its possible that the number of ephraim users will overthrow the lack of chrom users.

Thats what i think at least. chrom wasnt a 5 star focus at all yet.

Eh, that's a question no one can answer. Also, to begin with, I don't think people pick their factions based on what unit they have, anyway. It's more like a popularity thing imo.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Eh, that's a question no one can answer. Also, to begin with, I don't think people pick their factions based on what unit they have, anyway. It's more like a popularity thing imo.

I guess it also depends on who the people join after their team loses. Im hoping the sharena players join ephraim to get revenge on lucina and her father XD

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But remember that most Chrom fans are probably Lucina fans as well, and we all know which team they joined.

And then there's the fact that Chrom seems to be the least popular "2nd choice" team for those currently losing.

Just now, Korath88 said:

But remember that most Chrom fans are probably Lucina fans as well, and we all know which team they joined.

And then there's the fact that Chrom seems to be the least popular "2nd choice" team for those currently losing.

True. What's the most popular second choice?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

True. What's the most popular second choice?

Ironically its ether Ephraim or Lucina. So it seems they are destined to fight in the final round.

Just now, Sarracenia said:

The prize bar has been raised.  The top collective prize is now 20 orbs, 5 of each great badge, and 5000 universal crystals at 10 billion.

I think Team lucina is gonna use up all their flags to reach that goal. If we keep our lead on leo. we can save our flags for the fight to lucina.

9 minutes ago, Thany said:

I think Team lucina is gonna use up all their flags to reach that goal. If we keep our lead on leo. we can save our flags for the fight to lucina.

Everybody gets the goal prize - the 10B points goal includes all teams' scores into one huge collective score. The notification states that we already hit over 6B so we only got less than 4B to hit that goal.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Everybody gets the goal prize - the 10B points goal includes all teams' scores into one huge collective score. The notification states that we already hit over 6B so we only got less than 4B to hit that goal.

Oh is that so? well nevermind then. Now i have no idea bout ephraim vs lucina on how that will turn out.

I decided on Chrom. I have him and I'm not going into a losing match (sorry Alfonse and Sharena). And yeah, probably going Lucina for round three. Two focuses with one being on day one... nice job, guys. Totally Fair and Balanced(tm).

If I had Leo, I would have supported him. I don't even care that he would be losing to Ephraim. He's honestly my favorite from the current gauntlet, even if I do like Chrom and Lucina to an extent. Currently don't feel like spending more Orbs just to search for Leo (I got enough lances that I don't want Ephraim) and I'm being stingy with my Orbs.

Seems like a lot of people are throwing Takumi's so I might make my M!Robin be the leader. I know I'm not friends with many people on SF (I got asked by so many people Day 1, it's nuts, though I wouldn't mind being friends if someone asks), but it's a +Atk/-Spd one.

Edited by Dual Dragons

1 minute ago, Sartek said:

And here we go:

Eirika => 933,946,524

Elise => 347,858,059

Thanks for the scores and all, but I don't think an hourly update is necessary.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Thanks for the scores and all, but I don't think an hourly update is necessary.

You can't see other teams' score though, so you can't compare the performances of other brackets without sharing.

Or do you mean collecting of such data should be done by other means, e. g. via PM?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You can't see other teams' score though, so you can't compare the performances of other brackets without sharing.

Or do you mean collecting of such data should be done by other means, e. g. via PM?

I don't think it's necessary to have hourly updates of a team's score in-thread, since there's a decent amount of time left.  If someone wants to PM you the data, that's fine.  However, NOT knowing the other team's scores isn't the end of the world, since it'll take nothing short of a continent-wide blackout for us to fall short of the 10 billion goal.

Hmm...

While there is discussion that other teams may be saving their flags for a showdown with Lucina (exceptions: Leo's army may use flags in an attempt to overtake Ephraim || Players competing for high round ranking), I personally think Lucina will likely win out due to sheer numbers alone.

Even if teams competing against Lucina use up their all their flags, Lucina's army probably has enough strength to steamroll any opponent without using any flags whatsoever. Then, if one considers the highly competitive nature of individual round rankings, some Lucina soldiers may wish to conserve flags, "countering" the saved up flags from the other teams. 10 casual players spending 100 flags has far more potential than a 2 hardcore players spending 500 flags due to the limited amount of flags available.
For Lucina to actually lose, it would involve having stiff competition from Erika in the next round. This may be possible if "all" the Sharena supporters go Erika, as well as some from Leo and Alfonse, but that is only to give a fighting chance to Erika. The goal here is either to beat Lucina outright (which I doubt), or at the very least try to burn Lucina's army flags so they have less when facing up with the male finalist.

If Lucina is the female finalist (and she likely will be unless Erika supporters come out of nowhere and surprise me), the only way to beat the unstoppable juggernaut is if all the other armies rallied around the male finalist. Of course, this may not be the case as the "perceived winning team" has a much greater draw to casual players and beautiful women tend to do better than handsome men.

I'm hoping Ephraim can make it to the finals, but I am starting to get rather worried about Lucina's Army. Having the Weapon Triangle Advantage can only go so far against the hordes under Lucina's command.

2 hours ago, Sarracenia said:

The prize bar has been raised.  The top collective prize is now 20 orbs, 5 of each great badge, and 5000 universal crystals at 10 billion.

Yup, it looks like I'm bungee jumping off a cliff now 

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I just have my support unit set to M Robin. No greens really keeping him in check, while there are reds as far as the eye can vote.

22 hours ago, Sartek said:

I put Nino as my support since I don't know for my fellow comrades of Eirika's army, but I see too much Lindes and M!Robins for my tastes.

I see, thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

It's amazing how high the number have reached, didn't have much time to contribute but I'm rank 14,777 with 23,100 point on Team Sharena.

2 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

I see, thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

It's amazing how high the number have reached, didn't have much time to contribute but I'm rank 14,777 with 23,100 point on Team Sharena.

Save your flags!