Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

Just now, Arcanite said:

I thought you'd finally come home to the superior Lance user. Oh well, as long as you're on team incest I can't complain.

Sharena is the superior lance user.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, in the context of this game, he's not wrong...

You weren't supposed to say anything -_- lol

Edited by Arcanite

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If you're on the losing team, do you get Feathers if you don't rank high enough to rank?  I used most of my Flags, so I'll probably just be going off of raw points.

Yep. 500 for being unranked. It's why I'm just gonna coast on the next two Lucina wins, since it's an easy 2x 1000.

So, dumping all my flags on Sharena, plus some nominal poking at the half-hour timer netted me #78 in her army. Highly unnecessary for the 1500 feathers, but it gives me a bit of a bump toward my cumulative ranking, so eh. Unless I draw Lucina on my next 17 orbs before the event ends, it's more optimal to my feather gain this way.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sharena is the superior lance user.

It's a damned shame I can't +10 her like I did with Ephraim, though. They need to add a mechanic to give merge levels to the unique characters.

Looks like Sharena placed 2nd overall in the first round, which is still a win in my book. The flags I have left are going into Lucina's camp.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I dun said it tho

Our opponent lost, but fought well

WHICH IS WHY THEY SHOULD JOIN TEAM LUCINA TO CRUSH THE INFERIOR LANCER

Oh no, not you too! Everyone is turning into an enemy . . . .

76017384.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's a damned shame I can't +10 her like I did with Ephraim, though. They need to add a mechanic to give merge levels to the unique characters.

Looks like Sharena placed 2nd overall in the first round, which is still a win in my book. The flags I have left are going into Lucina's camp.

It would have been cool if you could give Limit Break bonuses to the three main characters after beating certain levels in the story mode. Maybe they'll do that in the future, who knows.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh no, not you too! Everyone is turning into an enemy . . . .

76017384.jpg

Lucina doesn't pick fights she can't win, you see...

If Sharena attacks first in a vacuum, she'll lose to Ephraim 100% of the time.

Hopefully Ephraim won't have too hard a time with Chrom, looks like we'll need all the flags we can save if we lose I'm totally going team Lucina. I wonder how much of the Lucina votes came from flag users vs. the sheer number of players backing her.

Edited by LordFrigid

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lucina doesn't pick fights she can't win, you see...

It's too bad I have to go to bed, otherwise, it would've been on.

Spoiler

L̶u̶c̶i̶n̶a̶ ̶s̶c̶u̶m̶

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

Dont give in to lucina. Show her the power of one who doesnt pick fights he cant win.

A +0 Ephraim can't kill my +10 Lucina if Ephraim initiates the first round of combat.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Glad to see Ephraim won! Helped me by giving me an extra 500 feathers in addition to what I got for my ranking. ^^

I don't expect him to beat Chrom though. Too many Awakening fanboys and fangirls out there. And I expect Lucina to win the whole thing for reasons that are obvious. I'll never understand why she's so popular. I was honestly surprised to see she was popular at first because I thought she was one of the blandest and most unoriginal protagonists so far. And I also have always felt that IS does not know how to write a female lord well.

Well it easy to see why, Ike seem to be quite popular even though his game is not. Now just imagine Ike with the backing of the biggest seller in the series's history and that Lucina for you.

You know who you are: do NOT contact me again. Ever.

I'm already getting sick of this voting gauntlet.

Edited by Sunwoo

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's too bad I have to go to bed, otherwise, it would've been on.

Reveal hidden contents

L̶u̶c̶i̶n̶a̶ ̶s̶c̶u̶m̶

Mhmmm. Good. The more you fight back, the more salt I harvest.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You know who you are: do NOT contact me again. Ever.

I'm already getting sick of this voting gauntlet.

Are people legit harassing others over this thing? It's supposed to just be in good fun.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Are people legit harassing others over this thing? It's supposed to just be in good fun.

It's not specifically the voting gauntlet in itself, but the idea of old FE vs. new FE is.

I know Lucina is most likely going to win, but this is all in good fun for me, so I will lose to her if I must. I shall never be on her team haha. 

Team Eirika all the way. But this is a fun little event.

Edited by Dylan Corona

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mhmmm. Good. The more you fight back, the more salt I harvest.

I'm assuming it's part of the joke. I hope.

Jokes of that nature should be more obvious and only with people you know. Not with strangers who don't know you and can't tell whether you're serious or not.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's not specifically the voting gauntlet in itself, but the idea of old FE vs. new FE is.

Older fans attacking newcomers is a very common occurrence in most fandoms, but I don't really understand why newcomers in this fandom feel the need to harass fans who prefer the older games.

I placed at #537 in Team Lucy, so I got about 2K feathers ( 1500 + 500 ). So I'm sitting at 22K in total. Now the only hard part is who to promote to a 5-star...