Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

Setsuna with 30 Atk wiith an Assassins Bow can ORKO a Ninja, though she'll take a mighty hit. At 4*, she can achieve this at around Lv 33-35 probably, depending on nature.

What stinks is the lack of 2-range Melee. The ninjas have 32 Res which is a darn kick in the butt for any 2-ranged unit that uses Magic, and the only 2-ranged units that are melee are Infantry (Archers and Manaketes on counter). Of course, Hector is the get-out-of-jail free card, but after burning probably over 100 orbs in hopes to get a decent Nino and not getting a Hector, There's got to be something else that works here.

Completing this map without an Armored unit on Lunatic is quite the challenge. For those of us without Hec to Auto-Win half of the map by himself, this is genuinely a puzzler.

Perhaps just baiting with high def Fred/Cherche and following up with a decently ranked Cecilia or M!Robin would do the trick, for OHKOs, but of course, that would require 61 Atk (assuming you don't have a way to drop enemy Res from where you are) and that's just silly to expect. Kagero gets the job done though well enough with bait i suppose

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Hector + a dancer just completely ruins the two Thieves, and can fight the armor fine. You'll definitely need Robin to clear out Ursula quick, though. Her presence destroys so many strategies.

Also, THANK

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170309-233156_zpsqkesnpke.p

GOD for this. If it weren't for this I would never clear Lunatic, probably.

@TEHPWNZOR Not sure, you could give it a shot, I guess. I recommend dropping the 2000 feathers though.

@Hardy Maybe because they can double her? Not sure. Was that Hard or Lunatic?

That Drag Back on the cavalier was causing me a lot more trouble than I would normally expect such a skill to. It got the ninja out of RobinM's range, preventing me from killing it, which ultimately led to my demise on more than a few tries of the map.

Still, I did eventually manage it with my Peri (5* 40), Eirika (5* 40), RobinF (4* 40), and RobinM (5* 40). RobinF was honestly pretty valuable here, as she could get rid of Ursula in one round on the first enemy phase without worrying about taking any other hits (hurray for B Tomebreaker). Breaking the left wall also prevented the cavalier from using Drag Back (I guess because he wanted in?), allowing me to finish off the ninja with RobinM and take out the cav with Peri. She was able to tank the other ninja with 1 HP remaining, and from there I was able to have Eirika kill the ninja and then we ganged up on the armor.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Hector + a dancer just completely ruins the two Thieves, and can fight the armor fine. You'll definitely need Robin to clear out Ursula quick, though. Her presence destroys so many strategies.

Also, THANK

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170309-233156_zpsqkesnpke.p

GOD for this. If it weren't for this I would never clear Lunatic, probably.

@TEHPWNZOR Not sure, you could give it a shot, I guess. I recommend dropping the 2000 feathers though.

@Hardy Maybe because they can double her? Not sure. Was that Hard or Lunatic?

Actually... Hector pretty much clears the whole map by himself x)

Found this video. Wow... just wow.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Setsuna with 30 Atk wiith an Assassins Bow can ORKO a Ninja, though she'll take a mighty hit. At 4*, she can achieve this at around Lv 33-35 probably, depending on nature.

Klein works more effective here, he has double attack before enemy strikes back. But Klein can't take a hit LOL.

@SatsumaFSoysoy that pic was Lunatic mode, and yeah, maybe because that ninja can double Tiki causing larger damage.

We all know that he could have kill Sharena or Julia but...that would make me jump off the cliff or do the bungee thing...

Edited by Hardy

1 minute ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

Actually... Hector pretty much clears the whole map by himself x)

Found this video. Wow... just wow.

Welp... It IS his game...

1 minute ago, XhenD said:

Klein works more effective here, he has double attack before enemy strikes back. But Klein can't take a hit LOL.

Klein will still get doubled by the ninjas before his second attack comes out, so he isn't better than Setsuna at all for turn 1. He can kill the second ninja on turn 3 real good though.

Just now, Hardy said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy that pic was Lunatic mode, and yeah, maybe because that ninja can double Tiki causing larger damage.

Huh, didn't expect her to live that in Lunatic. That's pretty neat. I thought about bringing her, but I took Lucina instead for Spur Atk, just in case.

9 minutes ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

Do you think it's possible to ORKO Ursula with a 3* F.Robin? Don't really wanna use feathers on her... ? Julia can't do it. 

My god, I just realized

I have no Brave-[weapon] units..well actually, I have a Donny, but I don't think he'll work here. I have no Takumi. I have no Hector

but I do have a 4* +Def/-HP Cherche. TO THE ARENA! I think she can eventually tank the Ninjokes even at 4* enough to let me position myself in a way that I can...maybe take them out without dying in return, though I still don't know how to get around my lack of potent burst offense

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

My god, I just realized

I have no Brave-[weapon] units..well actually, I have a Donny, but I don't think he'll work here. I have no Takumi. I have no Hector

but I do have a 4* +Def/-HP Cherche. TO THE ARENA! I think she can eventually tank the Ninjokes even at 4* enough to let me position myself in a way that I can...maybe take them out without dying in return, though I still don't know how to get around my lack of potent burst offense

I guess it's worth a try. Ranged attacks is the key to this map I think.

I did the lunatic version with a team of sanaki, Hector, Effie and FRobin. On the first round Hector took out the Thief and FRobin killed Ursula.

Effie could tank the red cavalry and the other thief while Robin moved two spaces back to escape the thief. On the next round Robin finished the cavalry and effie oneshot the thief. Sanaki then killed the armor with two 59 damage hits through aegis.

Quite a hard battle. Took me alot of tries to get the team composition right.

And the positioning at the start... Moving those armors into position in such a thight space was realy frustrating :lol:.

Edited by Nathair
Deleted the pic

Hector destroys the map. Wow. Made it kind of underwhelming.

I have a [-HP, +Def] Hector that can one-round both of the Thieves and take low enough damage from the sword knight to not break his Quick Riposte (thus allowing him to double attack the second thief for a one-round kill). Robin (F) can tank a hit from Ursula on the first turn and kill her on the counterattack. Robin (M) killed the sword knight after Hector's counterattack. Selena and Robin (F) finished off the axe armor.

I'd imagine if you have one character that can kill Ursula in one round, one or two characters to tank the thieves (putting a character in the top left corner keeps one of them off your back), and someone to eliminate the thieves, this should be doable.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh, didn't expect her to live that in Lunatic. That's pretty neat. I thought about bringing her, but I took Lucina instead for Spur Atk, just in case.

Lucina maybe a better choice than Tiki, can't be double, spur atk, sure to be more helpful than just baiting enemy...Well, good luck with that.

1 minute ago, Hardy said:

Lucina maybe a better choice than Tiki, can't be double, spur atk, sure to be more helpful than just baiting enemy...Well, good luck with that.

Oh yeah, I already cleared the map. She killed the armor with some help, and killed the Sword Cavalry too.

What level and ranking are your f!Robins? I promoted mine to 4-star recently and she's at level 31 or so, I don't know if that's good enough to take on Ursula however. Other units I have on my team who are ready to go into battle are m!Robin, Takumi, and Alfonse (all are level 40 and 5-star). Are these good options to take with me, or should I also bring Clarine as a healer?

Took me two times for Lunatic, first time I had to feel it out. Hector takes out Ursula and the two ninjas, red cav gets dropped by MRobin with help from Hector, and Lucina takes out the armor. Overall, a lot easier than Narcian's.

Update: Frederick's gonna be my key to winning this map.  The thieves do fuck-all damage to him.  Biggest worry is the sword horse.  Will bring a suitable tank for the upper-left corner (Cherche comes to mind).

Looks like my updated team is F!Robin, Frederick, Cherche, and Olivia.  Will attempt this tomorrow, as I'm out of stamina again.

3 minutes ago, XhenD said:

has anyone cleared the map on lunatic using only infrantry units?

Well I did, with lady Luck by my side

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh yeah, I already cleared the map. She killed the armor with some help, and killed the Sword Cavalry too.

Glad you did it. I too want to have Lucina :'(

Don't have Hector for brawn, but I do have his buddy and my brain. Here is the sequence.

Eliwood pretty much knocked 3 out of 5 enemies out of sheer cavalier power.

Sad that Ursula doesn't have Goad Cavalry.

Edited by pianime94

12 minutes ago, XhenD said:

*Raises hand*

I had Kagero, Linde, Takumi, and Felicia on my team.  It was difficult, but AI exploits helped me beat it on the first try.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What level and ranking are your f!Robins? I promoted mine to 4-star recently and she's at level 31 or so, I don't know if that's good enough to take on Ursula however. Other units I have on my team who are ready to go into battle are m!Robin, Takumi, and Alfonse (all are level 40 and 5-star). Are these good options to take with me, or should I also bring Clarine as a healer?

Robin (F) needs 31 Atk with Gronnwolf or Gronnwolf+ and B Tomebreaker to one-round kill Ursula.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Robin (F) needs 31 Atk with Gronnwolf or Gronnwolf+ and B Tomebreaker to one-round kill Ursula.

31 attack? All righty then. I assume that's 100% possible even without promoting her to 5-star, so back into the training tower I guess.

15 minutes ago, XhenD said:

Yeah, I had all 5*s, though. I put a few recommended units up in the OP, will probably add more as we find stuff.

8 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Don't have Hector for brawn, but I do have his buddy and my brain. Here is the sequence.

Eliwood pretty much knocked 3 out of 5 enemies out of sheer cavalier power.

Sad that this Ursula doesn't have Goad Cavalry.

Nice to see Eliwood and Hector doing work against a boss in their own game. I wonder if Lyn is useful in any way.

Thinking about it, just like how Narcian was ghetto Camilla and F!Robin was ghetto Julia, Ursula seems to be ghetto Reinhardt. Lack of Goad Cavalry makes her worse, and she doesn't have the speed to double, while Reinhardt has Dime Thunder to get kills with. I'm not sure how high her final attack will be, but I imagine it's not quite high, seeing her base 12.

Hah, finally I have the proof that the most difficult maps can be cleared with free units only :ph34r:.  After a clutch battle I managed to clear the lunatic version with Lissa, F!Robin, Stahl and Subaki. (All at 4* lvl 40... but still). 4* F!Robin ORKOs Ursula and Subaki and Stahl are needed to bait the dagger users away from the center fray.

Approach: Bait the bottom dagger user with Subaki. Ursula will approach. At this point pull Subaki back and bait Ursula with F!Robin so she can't be attacked by the dagger user. Stahl needs to be top left to bait the top dagger user. Lissa is center field and only heals when she can't be attacked (keep kindle balm ready for later). Next, the sword cavalry needs to be baited by Subaki, but don't keep any units near which could be killed by the armor with wings of mercy. Next round eliminate the cavarly with F!Robin, Stahl and Subaki. Ignis should be charged at this point but things are a bit rough because of those constant savage blows and severe debuffs. Stahl should be passively chipping away the Armor night (sad that it's only chipping away with a ruby sword... well debuffs...). Lissa should heal with kindle balm for +4 attack. Robin with Ignis and Stahl should be able to take out the Armor Knight. Stahl should barely survive the incoming daggers, but can be rehabilitated by Lissa. The rest is correct positioning with Subaki and Stahl and attacking and cautious healing. Hurray!

Edited by Skala_Bundet

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

31 attack? All righty then. I assume that's 100% possible even without promoting her to 5-star, so back into the training tower I guess.

According to the wiki, Robin (F) has 33 Atk at level 40 at 4 stars, so yes it's possible with a 4-star.

Edited by Ice Dragon