All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Another throwaway banner...

Where is IKE?!  This is getting ridiculous.  They can't be bothered to get the most popular character into the game...

They're trying to drag out our orbs for as long as possible to see the "Unsure Free to Players" pour their money in for they're homeboy. Little did they know that we can make second accounts

Edited by Arcanite

I wouldn't call any banner without Ike 'throwaway'. Ike isn't the only character in Fire Emblem, even if he is the most popular. I don't really like him, though, so maybe that colours my judgement.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I wouldn't call any banner without Ike 'throwaway'. Ike isn't the only character in Fire Emblem, even if he is the most popular. I don't really like him, though, so maybe that colours my judgement.

I guess you can call it a starving banner as they're letting us starve before we get our delectable bread and butter AKA Ike.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

They're trying to drag out our orbs for as long as possible to see the "Unsure Free to Players" pour their money in for they're homeboy. Little did they know that we can make second accounts

Well me and my 213 orbs will not fall for their dirty tricks!

I understand what you're saying though, but it's beyond ridiculous at this point...

@Arcanite

Ha, that's true. They are delaying it, so I can understand the frustration... but we all know why ^.^ But Ninian was one of the more requested characters I saw on here, so definitely not 'throwaway'.

My dread is that when the Ike banner does come, they'll throw in some 'unimportant' characters that I really want -,- But then I guess I don't hate Ike so I'll use him if I do pull him ^.^'' Heck, I even use Est just because... although I sometimes suicide her against greenies for laughs...

3 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Well me and my 213 orbs will not fall for their dirty tricks!

I understand what you're saying though, but it's beyond ridiculous at this point...

Think of it another way. You have a lot more time to save orbs for Ike this way. When he DOES come out, you will almost certainly have him no matter how bad your luck could possibly be. (Alternatively you can keep rolling for an ideal nature if your luck is decent enough)

I really want Ninian, but here I'm worried about when the Choose Your Legends focus summon is coming out. I'd like some time to save up orbs after getting her, but there's a chance they'll just suddenly spring the CYL focus without a chance for me to do so. So it's not all bad, although I can definitely understand your frustration and it is rather odd IS isn't releasing him considering he's like the only main (male) character left that isn't Alm.

20 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Another throwaway banner...

Where is IKE?!  This is getting ridiculous.  They can't be bothered to get the most popular character into the game...

They are probably waiting until people start to lose interest in the game, so they will release Ike in order to get their interest back.

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I guess you can call it a starving banner as they're letting us starve before we get our delectable bread and butter AKA Ike.

I will never get why he's so popular anyway.

On the plus side, at least this banner has international appeal versus Sibling Bonds, which only had Sanaki.

I don't think the selection is half bad either. Ninian is token waifu, Karel and Jaffar are the badass choices, Priscilla is cute, Rebecca probably has her fans and Lucius, I won't comment XD

I almost forgot the "new heroes" foci are the worst for pulling characters you want. You only have a <= 5% chance if you get the right colour. Whereas if you wait until they're added to the main pool and a focus, your chances are slightly better. Eg. Eirika and Ephraim in the Prince/Princess banners.

That said... hard... to resist... hype...

9 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Think of it another way. You have a lot more time to save orbs for Ike this way. When he DOES come out, you will almost certainly have him no matter how bad your luck could possibly be. (Alternatively you can keep rolling for an ideal nature if your luck is decent enough)

I really want Ninian, but here I'm worried about when the Choose Your Legends focus summon is coming out. I'd like some time to save up orbs after getting her, but there's a chance they'll just suddenly spring the CYL focus without a chance for me to do so. So it's not all bad, although I can definitely understand your frustration and it is rather odd IS isn't releasing him considering he's like the only main (male) character left that isn't Alm.

That is what I have been doing, but at this point, I'm basically not using any stamina because I have 12 characters at level 40 (and only one 5*), with only enough feathers to promote one of those 4*s to 5*.  I thought with both of the current banners expiring tomorrow that they'd finally release IKE.  At this point, my interest in the game is basically 2/10 and falling fast.

While the voting event was fun, there is a severe drought of content.  Give us some real content or give us IKE (or ideally both)!

Edited by Eselred

I think I might skip this banner. Don't get me wrong, I like this banner but considering my crap luck, I doubt i'll be getting any of these characters (also I haven't played much of FE7). Priscilla, Jaffar, and Ninian look very tempting. I also like Rebecca but they butchered her artwork in my opinion.

Edited by Falcom

このFEヒーローズデブめ▪▪▪

Why so soon? I thought my Idolmaster niche tastes would be kept safe until I had 500+ orbs.

*sigh*

FE踊り子のデザインが好き▪▪▪そして,ニニアンが一番好き▪▪▪

Whelp. I guess Eliwood is taking my first five star upgrade.

18 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

On the plus side, at least this banner has international appeal versus Sibling Bonds, which only had Sanaki.

I don't think the selection is half bad either. Ninian is token waifu, Karel and Jaffar are the badass choices, Priscilla is cute, Rebecca probably has her fans and Lucius, I won't comment XD

I almost forgot the "new heroes" foci are the worst for pulling characters you want. You only have a <= 5% chance if you get the right colour. Whereas if you wait until they're added to the main pool and a focus, your chances are slightly better. Eg. Eirika and Ephraim in the Prince/Princess banners.

That said... hard... to resist... hype...

Well, you can kinda tell when certain heroes are going to be 5* only, even after their initial focus summon. My main wish from this banner is Ninian, and I supremely doubt she's going to show up as a 3* or 4*. This banner is actually really ideal since whether she's Green or Blue, she will almost certainly be the only one of her color. This allows me to do controlled pulling with relative success since I'm not too concerned about the rest. Ephraim and Julia have been 5* only so far, and I'm not sure about those in the current banner that's going to end, but it seems like if you're important enough to the plot there's a very good chance of becoming 5* only. Not to mention, waiting too long might make the hero pool too big and reduce your odds rather drastically for a banner that may or may not have multiples of a certain color. Still, I can see your logic but I feel it's a bit overkill to say 'worst' about the initial banner for characters

Edited by Ryu Yuki

I'm glad Ike isn't released, it means I can't accidentally pull that stupid spotlight hog.  

Though when he is released, it means I can kill him over and over and over...  Oh, how relaxing that would be, he deserves it...  I can't kill him whenever I play one of the Tellius games, and the game gives me no choice but to deploy him, how stupid....  If I do wind up pulling him after he's released, his best skill is going straight to Roy/Shanna/Leo, no exceptions.

Anyway, my actual thoughts on the banner: Yay, Ninian and Rebecca.  There seems to be too many colorless here though, between Priscilla, Rebecca, Jaffar, and possibly Lucius if his art is anything to go by, so if I draw it'll be for Ninian, given the low shot at Rebecca.

It seems that not having played the tellius games has saved me from most of this dilemma, as I don't have any reason to save orbs.

I mean, I'd love to play those games, but I can't find them anywhere, so I'm not inclined to save for them as I don't really know them that well.

8 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I also like Rebecca but they butchered her artwork in my opinion.

Yeah, what's up with the really, really bored look?  It's like the artist saw a picture of Setsuna and thought, "I guess all archers look that way!"

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I will never get why he's so popular anyway.

Have you played Radiant Dawn?

IKE and Haar duo maps, even on Hard (AKA Japanese Lunatic) mode.  He can easily solo his Endgame maps (well, he might need some bodies to block space in the defend map).  He regularly caps pretty much every stat, except for MAG and RES (I think I even cap RES sometimes with BEXP tricks and items).  He has epic battle music.  His "intro" cinematic is super hype.

IKE is nothing too spectacular in PoR (at least until Ragnell), but he's still quite good, which makes him automatically better than at least half of the Lords in Fire Emblem.

15 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Well, you can kinda tell when certain heroes are going to be 5* only, even after their initial focus summon. My main wish from this banner is Ninian, and I supremely doubt she's going to show up as a 3* or 4*. This banner is actually really ideal since whether she's Green or Blue, she will almost certainly be the only one of her color. This allows me to do controlled pulling with relative success since I'm not too concerned about the rest. 

EDIT: Yeah I made a mistake with the second part of my post, in the middle of correcting myself.

But also what are the chances of them focusing on Ninian again compared to more popular characters?

Wow... 8 years after my stupid waifu days... I finally get to hear her seiyuu.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Ike Rd is amazing. Ike por is cringe.

But game do not revolve around Ike and shouldn't.

That being said. I don't like this banner. I love KAREL. The rest. Meh. Priscilla is cool but I prefer Cecilia. Gonna start saving stones. It's gonna be hard.

That being said. Idk why Ninian is popular. I cannot even pair eliwood with Ninian because she's gone for almost the whole game. And she's a dancer that can't fight. Gba days..

Edited by Ryuke

I'll admit at first I liked Ike but after playing Radiant Dawn I was also confused why everyone loves Ike.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Wow... 8 years after my stupid waifu days... I finally get to hear her seiyuu.

Wonder if they'll butcher her seiyuu...