Worth using feather on 4* +spd?

Ewwgene

So i spent $250 on the Nino banner but...all i have gotten are 3x 4* nino and  3 x 5*  which i don't think i will ever use for now. Jeorge, Sakura, Camillia

The good news is.. i got a 4* nino (+spd -res) Why not -def. DAMMMMN~~.

So my question is..In my situation do you think i should still use the feathers to promote it?

1) I already have Julia but the boon/bane is not really good (+res - hp)

2) The 4* Nino -res is not the best.

3) My current team is  Sanaki, Azura, Julia, Effie

As i am a perfectionist, I want to a team of perfect boon/bane heroes so Julia's boon/bane is really affecting me. So Please knock some sense out of me before i make the wrong decision if you think wasting feather on nino when i already have Julia is stupid. 

Edited by Ewwgene

Well, is there anything that boosted-Nino being able to double a few things would help her nuke better? I would say run some calcs, and if she's still only comparable to julia, probably not worth it. The -res isn't too bad since she's not going to run EP much, at least, and she could probably eat a Takumi to the face better. You have Sanaki and Azura to give her buffs, so that's good--though still not quite to Nino's potential yet.

I run a +spd -def Nino and I love her but you should also assess that if there's any major threats a +spd Nino with the expected number of boosts can take down that your Julia can't, and go from there.

34 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

2) The 4* Nino -res is not the best.

Nino shouldn't be getting attacked in the first place unless you're using her to lure a Linde or Robin (M), in which case they're doing pittance to you regardless of your Res modifier.

Just roll with it.

35 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

1) I already have Julia but the boon/bane is not really good (+res - hp)

But it's not bad, either.

As a fellow perfectionist, sometimes you just have to suck it up (or cough up more money). If you get a better one later, you can always merge the old one into the new one. It'll transfer any merges it already has and give you the SP for that number of merges also, so there's literally no loss in using what you have now and waiting for a better roll (except having to level up the new one back to level 40 and any SP gained from post-level-40 play).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nino shouldn't be getting attacked in the first place unless you're using her to lure a Linde or Robin (M), in which case they're doing pittance to you regardless of your Res modifier.

Just roll with it.

But it's not bad, either.

As a fellow perfectionist, sometimes you just have to suck it up (or cough up more money). If you get a better one later, you can always merge the old one into the new one. It'll transfer any merges it already has and give you the SP for that number of merges also, so there's literally no loss in using what you have now and waiting for a better roll (except having to level up the new one back to level 40 and any SP gained from post-level-40 play).

Oh yeah.. one more question. I merged the other 4* nino i had.. so now it is +2

if i promote it to 5*, my +2 will be gone. D:
I just made a stupid move didn't i? The $250 has already made me depressed enough. And now this. D:

38 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Well, is there anything that boosted-Nino being able to double a few things would help her nuke better? I would say run some calcs, and if she's still only comparable to julia, probably not worth it. The -res isn't too bad since she's not going to run EP much, at least, and she could probably eat a Takumi to the face better. You have Sanaki and Azura to give her buffs, so that's good--though still not quite to Nino's potential yet.

I run a +spd -def Nino and I love her but you should also assess that if there's any major threats a +spd Nino with the expected number of boosts can take down that your Julia can't, and go from there.

The reason why i turned to a P2W is because i am so pissed at Ursula quest. So i was very determine to get Nino as she can one shot Ursula while Julia need 2HKO. But after i spent the money, I managed to clear Ursula with my original team. FML

But i think i won't promote nino  as i am not satisfied with -res although it doesn't make a big difference. LOL

6 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

Oh yeah.. one more question. I merged the other 4* nino i had.. so now it is +2

if i promote it to 5*, my +2 will be gone. D:
I just made a stupid move didn't i? The $250 has already made me depressed enough. And now this. D:

True. You'll lose the +2 when promoting.

To be entirely fair, a +0 5-star has roughly the same stats as a +4 or +5 4-star before accounting for the superior weapon, so you're technically not at a loss unless you had an intention (and the feathers) to promote all (or some) of your spare Ninos to merge.

Edited by Ice Dragon

While I prefer +Spd/-Def for Nino, -Res definitely has its upsides as well though. With -Res instead of -Def she can take a hit from Takumi and ORKO him, becoming a Takumi soft-counter in the process. So go ahead and upgrade her imo plus Nino is a queen <3

What are the neutral stats for a level 40 4* Nino?  I'm not quite sure the boon/bane on my 4* Nino...

28 HP

40 ATK

37 SPD

17 DEF

27 RES

All I know is she is a beast.  Not Linde beastly but close...

Edited by Eselred

2 minutes ago, Eselred said:

What are the neutral stats for a level 40 4* Nino?  I'm not quite sure the boon/bane on my 4* Nino...

28 HP

40 ATK

37 SPD

17 DEF

27 RES

All I know is she is a beast.  Not Linde beastly but close...

Preview her level 1 5-star stats in Unlock Potential or check the wiki.

That's -HP, +Spd.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Preview her level 1 5-star stats in Unlock Potential or check the wiki.

That's -HP, +Spd.

Thanks!

Which Wiki are you referring to?  The Fire Emblem wiki?

Also, will previewing a character show their boon/bane?

41 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Thanks!

Which Wiki are you referring to?  The Fire Emblem wiki?

Also, will previewing a character show their boon/bane?

http://feheroes.wiki

Previewing the character shows you their stats at level 1, and there are a lot of resources online which can be used to determine a character's nature at level 1 (less popular characters typically have less reliable information at level 40).

Just keep her at 4* with that +2 for now. I have a 4* +1 Nino and there is nothing that she comes just short of killing that I would otherwise need her to be 5* for.

I have the +Spd -Def variation and I can say that I would rather have -Res.  +Atk Takiumi can OHKO -Def 4* Nino without a Def buff so I need to always have a Hone Def next to her in those situations. Plus the only dangerous attacks she should be facing are from baiting in Takumis on the Enemy Phase.

Regardless, you're going to want a good buffer as support for Nino to maximize her damage. If you don't have someone already, I would recommend promoting Sharena with your feathers instead.

To be honest, the difference between -HP, -Def, and -Res isn't that big.  Having the +Spd is the important part. 

$250, whew, now I don't feel bad for spending my $100.

I'm glad Nino is available at 3*, since it gives a better chance of getting one with good IVs.  Half my 5* have downright awful Natures.

+Spd/-Res is fine. I'd take -Res over -Def, unless you're just fighting the all-mage team of the ages lol. The Res drop won't get her killed by any mage she doesn't have any business fighting in the first place. Notably, neutral Def/HP will let her eat a hit from +Atk Takumi unbuffed and +Atk Hector with a Def buff (and one of her favorite buff-buddies is Sharena so...).

Random boon musings:

I'm kind of on the fence on +Atk vs +Spd (not a popular stance, mind you, most people prefer +Spd). Since I run Eirika as her main buff buddy (and thus don't have a full +4 Atk buff most of the time), +Atk makes it easier to hit some OHKO/ORKO thresholds on +Res/HP foes with just her and one other full Hone, i.e. +14 total buffs (Kagero and Nowi being the ones that stand out, the others aren't really seen much).

Also, the list of +Spd people she'll only double with +Spd and a Spd buff is pretty small, and is almost exclusively Red (i.e. just send a Lance at them). The only exceptions I'm seeing, looking at the stat lines, are Bartre and Niles, and when was the last time you saw one of them (total side note, one of the top people on the Ephraim vs Leo board for the Voting Gauntlet actually had a Lv 40 +10 5* Bartre. Like...wat)? Most of the cast that doesn't fall into either "OHKO" or "lol don't fight them ever" will get doubled with neutral Atk and a Spd buff (*cough* Eirika *cough*).

On the other hand, +Atk doesn't really increase her OHKO/ORKO pool significantly. At the end of the day, I'd say it's heavily team comp related. Eirika you might want +Atk for that threshold lowering. Almost certainly +Atk if you're also running F!Corrin (I do) because Dark Breath will kill the enemy's speed, letting you double anything with 40 or less once you have a Spd buff, and Seal Res pares down the buff requirements even further.

Ok, musings over. Color me impressed if you actually sat through all of that, tbh it was more so I could get the arguments straight in my own head =P .