My thoughts on this whole thing

1.first of all YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!! I KNEW IT! I LOVE IT IM SOOO HYPED!!!. sorry... gaiden was my first fire emblem game and is the dearest to my heart.

2.on the whole possible my unit in this game. i like the my unit function. no its not always the strongest part of the story (chris) it was a nice way to get you invested in gameplay and imo made sure there was a unit that you liked. i don't think it would have been that bad as another villager or something, but i don't think it will be implemented.

3. it also looks like they are doing alot of new things here, like the food items, along with being really faithful to the original mechanics

4. i love the new portraits and game models, i may actually use the knights now. honestly thought leo was a girl tho lol

5 i hope they let us have a witch in this game, like sonia, she would be a great unit to make a witch, in the original i understand,

6 and finally im thinking of doing a lets play of either gaiden or the gaiden remake on the srpgmaker in ... celebration i guess and to ride the hype train. would anyone be interested in that?

A bit unrelated, but how did you manage to end up having gaiden as your first FE? 1 or 4 I can understand, but gaiden seems really random.

Also what is this srpgmaker remake? :o I've never heard of it before, so I'm definitely curious now.

1 hour ago, Silverdawn77 said:

but i don't think it will be implemented.

I'm pretty sure it won't be. As many said, they would have otherwise introduced the avatar or at least hinted about them in the trailers, like with Fates.

Although it could still be implemented, who knows. But it's rather unlikely in my opinion.

6 and finally im thinking of doing a lets play of either gaiden or the gaiden remake on the srpgmaker in ... celebration i guess and to ride the hype train. would anyone be interested in that?

I'd definitely be interested, since I watch LPs most of the time.

Also, a gaiden remake on srpgmaker? Never heard of that one before. Would be more cooler if you did a LP on that one, rather than the original, since there are already some LPs of Gaiden.

1.first of all YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!! I KNEW IT! I LOVE IT IM SOOO HYPED!!!. sorry... gaiden was my first fire emblem game and is the dearest to my heart.

2.on the whole possible my unit in this game. i like the my unit function. no its not always the strongest part of the story (chris) it was a nice way to get you invested in gameplay and imo made sure there was a unit that you liked. i don't think it would have been that bad as another villager or something, but i don't think it will be implemented.

3. it also looks like they are doing alot of new things here, like the food items, along with being really faithful to the original mechanics

4. i love the new portraits and game models, i may actually use the knights now. honestly thought leo was a girl tho lol

5 i hope they let us have a witch in this game, like sonia, she would be a great unit to make a witch, in the original i understand,

1. Gaiden, huh?  That's certainly interesting, especially for someone in the states.  It's not often you find an American fan who started with one of the Japan-only releases, especially when it's Gaiden.

2. Agree on that.  There are ways they could implement the avatar system in a way that doesn't ruin the lore (like a sort of "second-hand account of the legend" sort of thing), but since it ultimately looks like it won't be implemented at all, there's no risk of the plot being subverted to focus more on some insignificant Gary Stu.

3. Yeah, and the dungeon crawling looks to be improved.  It's like more modern RPGs with dungeon crawling, such as the Tales of games.

4. Using the term "knights" is kind of confusing because usually "knight" refers to the armor knights in the later entries, but for Gaiden it refers to the base horseback units.  Though since we don't have images of cavalier units, and because in Echoes they refer to the armors as "knights", I'll assume you're talking about characters like Valbar.  And to that, I'll say I'm also interested in using him and potentially other armors.

5. I think there was a discussion about witches somewhere on this board.  As long as they aren't too broken, I'm fine with them.

6. Well, I think a few people (and by "a few", I mean, like, two people) did partial LPs of Gaiden.  That being said, I don't think anyone's done an LP of the SRPG Maker version of it, and it's sometimes more entertaining to watch someone play a game they actually enjoy.
33 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Also what is this srpgmaker remake? :o I've never heard of it before, so I'm definitely curious now.

Go to the FE NES/SNES era board on this site; it's a pinned topic.  The topic is titled "[COMPLETE] Fire Emblem Gaiden PC Translation".  It's a game that was made using the program "Sim RPG Maker 95".

1 hour ago, Eleanore said:

A bit unrelated, but how did you manage to end up having gaiden as your first FE? 1 or 4 I can understand, but gaiden seems really random.

mry uncle gave me a sega dreamcast with a cd with a lot of old nes and snes games burned onto it. fire emblem 1 and gaiden were on there, but gaiden was the only one translated,(it was the shitty translation but at least i could read the menu.

and yea there is a remake someone made. it uses thracia style graphics.

45 minutes ago, Silverdawn77 said:

mry uncle gave me a sega dreamcast with a cd with a lot of old nes and snes games burned onto it

Heh, same. I once bought a cd loaded with Snes9x games, which had FE4 and 3. And that's how I got introduced to FE.