Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

Wow, the hard difficulty map was very easy in comparison to the lunatic one. Now I wonder why there's such a huge jump in difficulty here.

Well, time to level up Virion some more.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

Wow, the hard difficulty map was very easy in comparison to the lunatic one. Now I wonder why there's such a huge jump in difficulty here.

Congratulations :D 

Hopefully the same strategy that got you through Hard will get you through Lunatic with some sliiightly higher levels/stats. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

As a premed student I can confirm that it is, indeed, a real thing. 

Though a quick google of "ghb" would tell you the same thing.

Everytime someone says "GHB" I can't stop myself from saying "giggity" in my head.

Spoiler

Giggity

Just now, Anacybele said:

That's the spirit! ;):

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Google it grandma Google it!

Just look it up :]

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

As a premed student I can confirm that it is, indeed, a real thing. 

Though a quick google of "ghb" would tell you the same thing.

And my teachers are always telling me to ask MORE questions

I can see when I'm not wanted..... :/

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Congratulations :D 

Hopefully the same strategy that got you through Hard will get you through Lunatic with some sliiightly higher levels/stats. 

I don't know, Palla was able to one-round Michalis in the hard map, but she does a LOT less damage to him in the lunatic one. That's why the baiting tactic wasn't working as well in the latter. And then one-rounding Michalis also avoids his Growing Light or whatever it was.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Now, was that worth all the fussing you had earlier?

You really just had to look first instead of judging it beforehand.

This thread is literally here to help people.

Edited by shadowofchaos

What do y'all think of sending a cav unit up the right side? Would the peg knights and Michalis go to the cav or be lured down towards the bottom right?

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Now, was that worth all the fussing you had earlier?

You really just had to look first instead of judging it beforehand.

Except I was judging the lunatic map, not the hard one? I said the hard one was easy, the lunatic one is still stupid.

4 minutes ago, immatx said:

And my teachers are always telling me to ask MORE questions

I can see when I'm not wanted..... :/

*Plays sad music*

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know, Palla was able to one-round Michalis in the hard map, but she does a LOT less damage to him in the lunatic one. That's why the baiting tactic wasn't working as well in the latter. And then one-rounding Michalis also avoids his Growing Light or whatever it was.

Well that was probably because of the hone/fortify from the peggies. Once the blue one is dead, he loses the defensive bonus. BTW before going in, take one or 2 turns positioning your units in the right places. Like move Frederick close to the Lancer on the left and put sharena on the right for the cavalier. If the AI works like I think, Michalis will try to go for Virion and the red pegasus will try to go for fred, while Virion kills the blue sky Lancer and Palla blocks Michalis from hitting virion. Michalis might also try to go for sharena but that may be unlikely.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

*Plays sad music*

Well that was probably because of the hone/fortify from the peggies. Once the blue one is dead, he loses the defensive bonus. BTW before going in, take one or 2 turns positioning your units in the right places. Like move Frederick close to the Lancer on the left and put sharena on the right for the cavalier. If the AI works like I think, Michalis will try to go for Virion and the red pegasus will try to go for fred, while Virion kills the blue sky Lancer and Palla blocks Michalis from hitting virion. Michalis might also try to go for sharena but that may be unlikely.

That could work. I'll have to see when I get Virion enough levels.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Just. Watch. The. Fucking. Video.

The same person also beat Lunatic Ursula with nothing but 3⋆ free units. It is possible. Upgrading 2⋆ to 3⋆ only costs 200 feathers.
Stop blaming everything around you instead of your unwillingness to learn.

Also as a forum side note... are the star character they're using showing up for anyone else?

Because I know using it with the wrong font shows a box in place of a star. And I'm on mobile.

That person who used only free 3* units to beat this and Ursula's level is way more skilled than me lol.

Anyways, I basically just used the Smite strategy on Lunatic. Team was 5* Effie, 4* Palla, 5* Takumi, and 5* Ephraim. Used Smite to push Ephraim so he could kill the Sword cavalier and lure in Michalis while also having Palla lure in the Lancer on the left side (so it wouldn't go towards Ephraim) by placing her on the mountain under where Michalis originally is. Takumi was placed underneath the pillars on the right side and killed the other two fliers. Then basically a waiting/running-away game until the lancer was in Effie's range after Palla retreats. Had Effie tank the lancer's hit and finished him off on my turn, then had Palla (equipped with Axebreaker 1 to guarantee that she would hit Michalis twice - she was also next to Ephraim at this point for Siegmund's ATK boost) tank Michalis's hit, then finished him off with Takumi.

I'll put up screenshots for positions if necessary. Good luck everyone and congrats to those who already beat his level!

11 minutes ago, immatx said:

What do y'all think of sending a cav unit up the right side? Would the peg knights and Michalis go to the cav or be lured down towards the bottom right?

If you send a blue cav up there and don't bait michalis, he's probably gonna move over there to ax their head off but it'll take 2-3 turns for him to get there. Also remember that the blue pegasus is right around the corner, so she might come to take a little bite of the cav that was sent depending on if you bait her or Michalis. I baited her and Narcy one rounded her so oboro had free reign on the cav. I shoved everyone in a corner and made it so that only oboro was taking damage that turn from the cav. That was when michalis was on the far right gunning for oboro. So it also depends on positioning too because for me, the game came down to one shove from Gordin.

Ok, I beated the Hard map, but I were not lucky with Lunatic haha.

I watched the 3 star video, and I think maybe Oboro can take Subaki's place (Or I can continue training him, I have a 22lv 4star of him). I'm training Narcian because I wanted to lv up his rarity (I only got him at 2stars), so maybe he will become handy now for what I see in the video! Gonna keep with his training, and I will lvup Olivia too, in case I need her. Leo can take the Mag place I think, since he is a red unit with advantage over Michalis.

Just one question guys, at what lv Olivia learns to dance? is at 3stars? I only have her "free" version, and she don't have it.

40 minutes ago, azurrys said:

I'm glad it helped! Out of curiosity, what was your Sharena's defence/speed? I'll edit it into the strategy post so others have a benchmark for how puny their blue unit needs to be lol. I think it probably has to be ORKO'd levels, so I'll check against his stats.

Sharena is 5* Def 29/Speed 35.

Whereas Cordelia is also 5* Def 25/Speed 27. And with Tri-Adept to 2 to make her especially weak to Michalis (I never raised it to 3 because I thought it was better for her to trigger Galeforece more often).

It's also possible that the boosts Sharena gives Nino played in the AI's shifts, since back in the Ursula map it did make some weird shifts of AI choices if Klein had some boosts from Eirika.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I found that video difficult to follow... The player makes his moves really fast. :/

Heh, I thought the same thing. I pretty much skipped to the end just to make sure they didnt restart or anything lol. Doing it with 3 stars is cool but 4 stars seems to be more my style XD. 

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I found that video difficult to follow... The player makes his moves really fast. :/

If is the video in youtube, you can slow down the speed of the videos by clicking in the configuration menu of the video (the circle/mesh in the bottom of the video), the sound will be mezzy, but you can watch with no problem, just remember to put it normal after you finish watching, or every video in youtube will be slow.

I used that to see what the player was doing with more attention

Edited by SniperGYS

12 minutes ago, salinea said:

Sharena is 5* Def 29/Speed 35.

Whereas Cordelia is also 5* Def 25/Speed 27. And with Tri-Adept to 2 to make her especially weak to Michalis (I never raised it to 3 because I thought it was better for her to trigger Galeforece more often).

It's also possible that the boosts Sharena gives Nino played in the AI's shifts, since back in the Ursula map it did make some weird shifts of AI choices if Klein had some boosts from Eirika.

Hmm, yeah, I think it's a matter of being doubled. Even boosted with Hone Fliers (since he'll have the boost the turn where he's lured), Michalis can't double and kill Sharena, whereas he'd be able to double and kill Cordelia. Unboosted Michalis falls just short of doubling and killing her but seems like that won't matter. You have a point about the boosts though; the AI reacts to the weirdest little details. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Ephraim, Tharja, Olivia, Narcian trample the map

I think I can even feel safe to replace Olivia with Bow User easily.

Exactly what happened with me, I tried with Olivia and messed up my positioning, switched her out with Gordin and it was a saran wrap.

6 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

If is the video in youtube, you can slow down the speed of the videos by clicking in the configuration menu of the video (the circle/mesh in the bottom of the video), the sound will be mezzy, but you can watch with no problem, just remember to put it normal after you finish watching, or every video in youtube will be slow.

I used that to see what the player was doing with more attention

Oh, you can? I never knew.

Honestly, all you need to win the Lunatic battle pretty easily is a strong archer, green or red mage, and a dancer. It was hard at first, but once I used a hit-and-run strat on the Pegasus next to Michalis, it was a steamroll from there. 5* Nino really helped me out here, was the only one able to damage Michalis (easy 0RKO for her, like ~36 damage and she doubles). I personally used 5* Alfonse, Azura, Nino, and Tacomeat to do it (even though Alfonse got no action :c) Then again, I'm sure you've all seen this strat, so I don't know why im even sharing this with you rip 

Congrats to whoever beat it with 3*, though! Until that video existed, I didn't think it was actually possible considering the stat differences between 5* and 3*, and somewhat between 3 and 4*. Now, I know I'm an idiot.

@Arcanite When I completed it... Olivia didnt do anything...

That being said... I died twice (once b/c stupid) ... the second time... was because Olivia cannot tank Michalis (or Michalis skill activated... ) much sad. Kinda wish I can inherit that Dance to Roy because he's so balance (or some high def).