Apparently, it's now preloadable in Japan

Saw a couple people at Gamefaqs talking about it. Can someone clarify?

Wonder if the dataminers will break into things or if our leaks will come from copies sold before street date ala Fates (I still remember downloading every single sound file from the game two days before it released).

I saw this on Reddit as well, but apparently there's no way to datamine it right now? I didn't read into the details, but someone there said it isn't possible.

I'd love for it to get mined out though, if not just to see the rest of the character art.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

I want to say that that's probably not a particularly easy thing to do since I don't recall people even doing it for Pokémon or Smash, and both of those things seem like much more exciting things to datamine than a conservative remake of a game only six people including myself like.

I think we're going to have to wait for someone to leak an early version of the game, as 3DS games have a layer of encryption on pre-download that can't be brute-forced without the key released in the update on release day, or at least that's what the pastebin on the Reddit thread said. 

I still have my fingers crossed that someone can pull something from this though, but with 18 days left, it'll only be 2 weeks until someone gets their hands on a copy, I'm sure.

21 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I still have my fingers crossed that someone can pull something from this though, but with 18 days left, it'll only be 2 weeks until someone gets their hands on a copy, I'm sure.

Yes, probably. Maybe not something like 2 weeks before release date like it was with Pokémon Sun and Moon, but I'm expecting some leaks a few days before April 20th.

You realistically can not datamine it. You need a specific key to get it to do anything, and the entire purpose of those keys is they require entirely too much dedicated computation to crack. I also believe there's some other things that complicate it. One of the SM dataminers had a nice pastebin outlining it, but I've lost it.

Note that SM was a different boat. That was the demo being datamined like a month before release (then someone got it early another week or so later).

Edited by r_n