Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

THARJA PULLED AHEAD, BUT THAT WAS THE WRONG MOVE!

NOW WE'RE GOING TO STOMP HER INTO THE GROUND!

YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD!

NO MERCY! DESTROY DESTROY DESTORY DESOTRY

USE ALL OF YOUR FEATHERS! SPARE NO FEATHERS IN THIS FINEST OF HOURS!

Spoiler

Also remember to use your flags!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Some math for all of you from GameFAQs:

Assuming Tharja gets lets say 650 million votes next hour (a rough average based on the past few hours)

Robin needs 3233.74 million to just tie
He needs 5150.74 million to have a decent shot at winning (9 hours left to go after this one)
And 5817.48 million to push Tharja into a 3x bonus

Robin's strongest hour this whole match was at 9am yesterday, at 3230.20 million. His previous bonus hour was 3037.56 million. Judging from previous data its not expected he will get much more than 3000 million. If Robin performs crazy poorly and ends up getting another bonus hour by the end, the amounts he'll need to win will be even further into the realm of impossibility.

As long as Robin gets within 600 million of a tied score after this, he wont get another bonus hour.

Also according to the numbers: Robin would need another x3 round to have even a faint hope of beating Tharja. And would have to do it without tipping the numbers so much that Tharja gets a bonus hour. Which is a very tiny window.

Robin has basically already lost.

Unsurprising, since the winner was pretty much determined as soon as the roster was first announced.

15 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Some math for all of you from GameFAQs:

Assuming Tharja gets lets say 650 million votes next hour (a rough average based on the past few hours)

Robin needs 3233.74 million to just tie
He needs 5150.74 million to have a decent shot at winning (9 hours left to go after this one)
And 5817.48 million to push Tharja into a 3x bonus

Robin's strongest hour this whole match was at 9am yesterday, at 3230.20 million. His previous bonus hour was 3037.56 million. Judging from previous data its not expected he will get much more than 3000 million. If Robin performs crazy poorly and ends up getting another bonus hour by the end, the amounts he'll need to win will be even further into the realm of impossibility.

As long as Robin gets within 600 million of a tied score after this, he wont get another bonus hour.

Also according to the numbers: Robin would need another x3 round to have even a faint hope of beating Tharja. And would have to do it without tipping the numbers so much that Tharja gets a bonus hour. Which is a very tiny window.

Robin has basically already lost.

Pretty much. The fact that the multiplier is active so early sounds like a death flag... And the first hours proved Tharja can take the lead anytime she wants. But apparently people on Team Robin have kept storing flags since then. Maybe that is the little push we need. So don't lose hope yet! IT'S TIPPING THE SCALES O'CLOCK!!!

Just now, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Unsurprising, since the winner was pretty much determined as soon as the roster was first announced.

We still have yet to see what our flags can accomplish. This gauntlet isn't even close to the one-sided affairs that the 1st two were. Both Lucina and Camilla won by margins of 4:1 or more. Tharja's scores per hour haven't even been winning 2:1. It has been pretty consistently 7:4 or 7:5.

5 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

We still have yet to see what our flags can accomplish. This gauntlet isn't even close to the one-sided affairs that the 1st two were. Both Lucina and Camilla won by margins of 4:1 or more. Tharja's scores per hour haven't even been winning 2:1. It has been pretty consistently 7:4 or 7:5.

Well, comparing the ratio to the two first would be unfair, since the multiplier wasn't there. Who is to say Robin wouldn't be losing with a third of Tharja's score. But I see what you mean. 

Just thinking, but... what if this multiplier wasn't effective enough and we can still have a multiplier in the last hour... Can't discard this possibility.

EDIT: Just saw Tharja is still leading... 

Edited by Luxian

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

The comeback mechanic artificially scales things, though, such that a 4:1 ratio is impossible. The current situation is the equivalent of Tharja easily winning 3:1 under the old system.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Well it seems Robin wasn't able to tip the scales

Robin: 24,705,555,739

Tharja: 25,073,534,472

*sigh*

:/

thats somewhat discouraging......

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

It seems so. Well, At least Robin tried his best. Time to just use up our flags. 

Edited by omegaxis1

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

*sigh*

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Don't give up hope! Tharja had one of her weakest hours yet. Only 450 million for her. Typically she gets 700 million.

Just now, Arcanite said:

*sigh*

Damnit all, I can't keep joining you're team if you're always going to pick losers! In all seriousness, it is disappointing. One of these days the most popular person in the gauntlet will be the person I also like the best. I can't keep striking out. Ephraim, Cordelia, Minerva, Julia, Robin

Guys guys, what's with all the negativity? Seriously, what's up with that? 

Sure, Robin lost, but I had a lot of fun here. We actually had a real final match that lasted as it did. There's nothing to be ashamed of here.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

People getting far too overly invested in a silly little side thing?

I find trying to figure out the optimal flag strategy more interesting than trying to push a particular character to victory. Got over 10k last gauntlet, don't think I'm quite pulling that off this time Round 2 was a bit of a crap shoot for me. Thought the x3 would happen more.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I missed the multiplier because of work. So sad :(

WE NEEDED YOU!!!!!!

:'(

5 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Don't give up hope! Tharja had one of her weakest hours yet. Only 450 million for her. Typically she gets 700 million.

I don't know man... I don't know anything anymore....

Just now, Arcanite said:

WE NEEDED YOU!!!!!!

So does the British public and their need for amazing broadband -.-

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Sure, Robin lost, but I had a lot of fun here. We actually had a real final match that lasted as it did. There's nothing to be ashamed of here.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but this was hardly a real final match. IS simply obfuscated the numbers with their bandaid comeback mechanic. This match was still the equivalent of sending a toddler in to box Mike Tyson.

Just now, Cute Chao said:

So does the British public and their need for amazing broadband -.-

Well that's probably true

Robin needed you more! No matter, soon enough we shall have another bonus. I am seriously hoping we get one more!

DONT SPEND YOUR FLAGS SO WE CAN GET LOW FASTER!

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Just now, Arcanite said:

WE NEEDED YOU!!!!!!

This is the time of day where Tharja's scores start to dip. Her score this past hour was her 3rd lowest of the entire gauntlet (only hours 1 and 2 were lower). If we can outscore her with our massive flag spam there is still hope!!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Well that's probably true

Robin needed you more! No matter, soon enough we shall have another bonus. I am seriously hoping we get one more!

DONT SPEND YOUR FLAGS SO WE CAN GET LOW FASTER!

I plan to save my flags as much as I can, but it's getting later here. I want to have them spent before I go to bed ^.^''